Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

VORONIN: A waste of salary and space

Read 9052 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      VORONIN: A waste of salary and space
      Dec 30, 2009 01:05:24 pm
      Fun in the sun: Andriy and Yulia share a hug and contemplate playing some football of a rather different variety to that the striker is used to at Anfield.
      From the Daily Mail Online

His Liverpool team-mates toiled to beat Aston Villa in the Birmingham snow last night, but yesterday Andriy Voronin lapped up the sun on Miami Beach with his glamorous wife, Yulia.

Ukraine striker Voronin was not included in the Reds' squad for the crunch clash at Villa Park and has not featured for Rafa Benitez's side since the 1-1 draw with Lyon in the Champions League on November 4, a game in which he missed several gilt-edged chances to score.

The 30-year-old forward has played just 12 times for his club so far this season and has said that he wants to feature more for Liverpool.

But he was farmed out on loan to Hertha Berlin last season as he found himself behind Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Ryan Babel and David Ngog in the Anfield strikers' pecking order.

Voronin was a success in the Bundesliga but the German side could not afford to make the Ukrainian's move a permanent one, leaving him to return to Anfield where he has again found his chances limited.

Indeed, Voronin now appears to be behind even youngsters Nabir El Zahr and Dani Pacheco in the competition for first-team places, while rumours abound that Benitez is ready to swoop for Real Madrid front-man Ruud van Nistelrooy.

A waste of salary. See the contrasting pictures.

A decent player will be there supporting the team.

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: VORONIN: A waste of salary and space
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2009 01:10:00 pm
      Just F**k off from our club, but gotta admit, that's a class picture of Aquilani at the bottom.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2009 01:13:31 pm
      Useless f**ker.

Get him out in the January transfer window, its a disgrace to see him in the Liverpool shirt, let alone in the famed No. 10 shirt.

This is the last straw. I don't mind players who are not making the cut but I get really bothered by players who don't spare a thought for the club.

Get out.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2009 01:17:12 pm
      Pretty biased article, obviously setting us up to get pissed off at Voronin, but who knows which of our other players might take mini breaks during the season if injured or have a week off?

Anyway, I didn't need to read this article to know Voronin was a waste of space, I knew it already.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2009 01:19:47 pm
      Pretty biased article, obviously setting us up to get pissed off at Voronin, but who knows which of our other players might take mini breaks during the season if injured or have a week off?

Anyway, I didn't need to read this article to know Voronin was a waste of space, I knew it already.

Good man Ayrton. Nobody here knows the situation. He could have been told he wasnt needed and could have a week off. So why not go away with his wife? If that was Stevie or Masch in those pics the only comments would be on the partners bikini!
      bbrady10
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2009 01:25:51 pm
      voronin is a waste of space hes not fit enough to wear the liverpool shirt torres is the best striker in the world we just need to get another good striker for cover when he gets injured
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2009 01:28:19 pm
      Loving his shorts.

Bit of a waste of an article if you ask me. We already knew.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2009 01:34:02 pm
      Might be a crap footballer, but he can pick a bird!
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2009 01:35:44 pm
      Good man Ayrton. Nobody here knows the situation. He could have been told he wasnt needed and could have a week off. So why not go away with his wife? If that was Stevie or Masch in those pics the only comments would be on the partners bikini!

I don't agree.

The club has been going through a bad spell and the best Voronin can do is Vacation in sunny Miami? Where is the team spirit and support the team needed.

I could have sworn I saw mascherano in the Dug-out or stands yesterday.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2009 01:46:43 pm
      If he was not selected and given time off, I do not see the problem with it in all honesty, I know one thing If I give myself a vacation I don't hang around in getting as far away from my daily grind as quick as possible.

Oh and I already knew he was a waste of space. :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Dec 30, 2009 01:52:17 pm
      Definitely on his way.

But what the F**k is Benitez letting him go off like that for?  That's bad that is.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #11: Dec 30, 2009 03:27:46 pm
      Definitely on his way.

But what the f**k is Benitez letting him go off like that for?  That's bad that is.

Brilliant post Court.

All hands were supposed to be on deck. Torres and Gerrard had long injury lay-off; they were in the VIP section supporting the team. That is the right attitude.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #12: Dec 30, 2009 03:37:13 pm
      Brilliant post Court.

All hands were supposed to be on deck. Torres and Gerrard had long injury lay-off; they were in the VIP section supporting the team. That is the right attitude.
      He's definitely away and if we can get some money for him it's a bonus but more importantly his birds well fit.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2009 03:44:37 pm
      Brilliant post Court.

To compare Voronin to Gerrard and Torres is ridiculous they are adored legends in there own playing time. Voronin isnt deaf or stupid he can hear the boos and groans when he gets a run why should he have the same affection for the club that Torres or Stevie who are adored have?

He obviously was given the time off not his fault and why would he sit in a freezing cold place hes not wanted or as everyone points out hes not good enough to be. So what the f**k difference does it make where he was? Nobody wants him at he club but kick off cos hes not sat in the stand watching his team.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2009 03:45:03 pm
      not sure his holiday makes any difference but he's been a useless c*nt for a long time.

what pisses me off most is that hertha berlin can't afford his wages to make him permanent. as an already millionnaire footballer, if i had any ambition or dignity, i would drop my wage demands in order to go to a club where i can play regular football. instead, the lazy, sponging, sh*tbag prefers to sit on the bench and collect his nice pay check every week. what a c*nt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2009 04:26:33 pm
      not sure his holiday makes any difference but he's been a useless c*nt for a long time.

what pisses me off most is that hertha berlin can't afford his wages to make him permanent. as an already millionnaire footballer, if i had any ambition or dignity, i would drop my wage demands in order to go to a club where i can play regular football. instead, the lazy, sponging, sh*tbag prefers to sit on the bench and collect his nice pay check every week. what a c*nt.
      Hit the nail there mate he's well happy playing sh*t or should I say taking the piss and picking up mega bucks instead of being paid according to the standard of his performance which falls well short of an acceptable level.
      If this were any contract and he failed to honour it by default i.e. failing to attain a professional standard  his employer would have the right to annul the contract and give him his orders - what's the problem?
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2009 04:32:50 pm by stuey »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Dec 30, 2009 04:29:50 pm
      Sell him in January if you can't get money release him on a free, he has to be one of the worst strikers ever to play for Liverpool.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Dec 30, 2009 04:51:13 pm
      Rather he holiday on a beach somewhere than wearing our kit to be honest.

He'll be on his way soon.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #18: Dec 30, 2009 05:02:48 pm
      I think it is pretty obvious he is now rendered surplus to requirements at Anfield so if he is dropped from the squad then i really couldnt give a sh*t where he is. I can understand the resentment as we are effectively paying his undeserved wages which is paying for his little trip to Miami but the further away from the squad the better as far as i am concered. With any luck we will get rid of the pr**k in the coming weeks.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2009 05:11:01 pm
      I think it is pretty obvious he is now rendered surplus to requirements at Anfield so if he is dropped from the squad then I really couldnt give a sh*t where he is. I can understand the resentment as we are effectively paying his undeserved wages which is paying for his little trip to Miami but the further away from the squad the better as far as I am concered. With any luck we will get rid of the pr**k in the coming weeks.

Other than not being good enough what has he done to merit such venim ?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2009 05:23:02 pm
      Brilliant post Court.

I dont think he would've went away for a few days / week / month if Rafa didn't give him the ok to do so.  So why dont you take a pop at Rafa for giving him the time off? Didn't think so, much easier to have a pop at Voronin aint it  ;)

My take on that would be Rafa has probably told him he'll be on his way in January, so if he wanted to go get some sun on his back it wouldn't be a problem.

By the way, his missus is a lasher!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2009 05:25:42 pm
      Other than not being good enough what has he done to merit such venim ?

He's let his club,team mates and supporters down with his sub standard performances and refuses to acknowledge that he is punching above his weight, no venom there mate just cold hard fact.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #22: Dec 30, 2009 05:28:39 pm
      Any better pictures of his missus?  ;D

Edit:
      Just googled her and they can both F**k off   >:( ;D

http://www.kickette.com/images/uploads/june11yuliavoronin.jpg

Quick Reply