Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Javier Mascherano I refuse to be a failure at Liverpool by not winning trophies

Read 1737 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Javier Mascherano I refuse to be a failure at Liverpool by not winning trophies
      Apr 19, 2010 02:35:30 pm
       Mascherano: I refuse to be a failure at Liverpool by not winning trophies

Daily Fail

Javier Mascherano is determined not to leave Liverpool without having won any silverware and wants to make the Europa League his first trophy at Anfield.

The Argentina star has been the subject of interest from several clubs in Spain since establishing himself as one of the best midfielders in the world after moving from West Ham to Anfield three years ago.

But Mascherano insists he is committed to the Liverpool cause and wants a trophy to show for it at the end of the season as Rafa Benitez's side prepare to face Atletico Madrid in the Europa League semi-finals later this month.

'I don't want to leave Liverpool having won nothing. For me, that would be a failure,'  said Mascherano.

'I often think about how I will look back on my career when I've finished. I talk about this with my team-mates all the time and we all understand how important it is for the club and the city to give something back

'It is clear to me that Liverpool fans and the people of Liverpool have been fighting all their lives for the good of the club and that is something that inspires me when I step on to the pitch.

'I would like to look back at the end of a long career with Liverpool with lots of winners' medals and trophies.'

The Argentina captain has been linked with moves to Barcelona and Real Madrid over the past year but insists his long-term future lies at Anfield.

'Liverpool know that I want to stay,' said Mascherano. 'I will be really proud if I can spend another six or seven years playing for Liverpool.

'I think there aren't too many clubs in the world with the history and supporters that Liverpool have. I am very aware of that.

'All of the senior players still believe we can win trophies here and make the supporters proud.'

Javier Mascherano  :kop5cf8koxp6: :champ: :gt-happyup:

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Javier Mascherano I refuse to be a failure at Liverpool by not winning trophies
      Reply #1: Apr 19, 2010 02:36:37 pm
      Good stuff. We are in need for more players like this :)

Good on you, Masch!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Javier Mascherano I refuse to be a failure at Liverpool by not winning trophies
      Reply #2: Apr 19, 2010 02:37:00 pm
      Top stuff from our Masch there! :)

Excellent comments from him. Really proud that he is a Red.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Apr 19, 2010 02:38:32 pm
      Well in Mascha, that's what we like to hear from our players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Apr 19, 2010 02:51:37 pm
      This was posted in Masch's thread.

Great words from the man.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Apr 19, 2010 03:09:02 pm
      Music to my ears Masch. We love you too mate.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #6: Apr 19, 2010 03:17:34 pm
      great read but don't tend to listen or take any notice of what player say to the press, most of the time its bollocks.

lost count of how many times a player will say i love this club im here for life then we see them move on 3 months later.

Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #7: Apr 19, 2010 05:49:23 pm
      So why did he wanted a pay rise or no new contract?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Apr 19, 2010 05:52:06 pm
      Excellant comments from an excellant player.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #9: Apr 19, 2010 06:21:51 pm
      So why did he wanted a pay rise or no new contract?
      Because he was on pathetically low wages for a player of his ability.
      in_the_red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      • When you walk through a storm...
      Reply #10: Apr 19, 2010 06:46:19 pm
      Good lad Mascha, that's the sort of red spirit we need in all our players.
      Stick around and I'm sure silverware won't be far away.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #11: Apr 19, 2010 07:55:57 pm
      Proper player. Hopefully winning Europa and he'll stick around to make it SIX one day :)

Quick Reply