Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Transfer Topic

Read 5023 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Re: The Transfer Topic
      Reply #23: Jan 21, 2010 12:54:34 pm
      Kazim Richards off to France.

Turkish forward Colin Kazim-Richards has joined Toulouse on loan from Fenerbahce for the remainder of the season.

The 23-year-old, known as Kazim Kazim in Turkey, was officially presented as a Toulouse player prior to their Ligue 1 match against Nancy on Wednesday.

The former Sheffield United man is expected to make his debut against Guingamp next week and he is relishing the new challenge.

Kazim-Richards is contracted to Fenerbahce until June but Toulouse will have the option to make the move permanent when his loan expires and he would be interested in such a deal.

"TFC (Toulouse) showed lots of interest in me and I quickly decided that this is where I wanted to play," he said.

"I know that there is a huge potential here. They were fourth last season and they want to keep progressing.

"I'm leaving Fenerbahce without regrets. It's up to me to prove that these six months could turn into something longer. I'll play wherever the coach tells me."

Kazim-Richards can play on either wing and Toulouse boss Alain Casanova believes he will offer a greater variety of options.

"He can play in every position in attack," said Casanova. "He's quick, he's powerful and he puts everything into his challenges, which enables him to make lots of assists."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5874166,00.html
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Jan 21, 2010 05:03:13 pm
      Just noticed that Folan has left Hull.

Cousin said today that he has to leave due to a poor relationship with Brown.

Hull may well have a shortage of attacking options.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      Reply #25: Jan 27, 2010 06:04:23 pm

Giovani goes on loan.

Tottenham midfielder Giovani dos Santos has joined Galatasaray on loan for the remainder of the season, the Turkish club have announced.

The highly-rated young Mexican has been unable to make his mark at White Hart Lane and will now spend the remainder of the campaign with Gala.

As revealed by Sky Sports News on Tuesday, the Turkish giants were eager to secure Giovani's services and a deal has now been completed.

The 20-year-old was tipped to make a big impact in the Premier League following his arrival from Barcelona in summer 2008, but he was unable to force his way into either Juande Ramos or Harry Redknapp's plans.

He impressed during a loan spell at Ipswich in the closing stages of last season and Roy Keane was interested in a similar arrangement this term.

But Galatasaray have won the race for the Mexico international's services after completing a loan move with a view to a reported permanent switch

Blackburn land Basturk.
      Blackburn have completed the signing of Turkish star Yildiray Basturk from Stuttgart.

As revealed by skysports.com earlier this week, Blackburn were lining up a move to sign the midfield playmaker until the end of the season.

Basturk has found himself out of favour at Stuttgart this season and Blackburn have moved to lure the 31-year-old to Ewood Park.

The talented midfielder is Sam Allardyce's first signing of the transfer window, with a new striker also thought to be on the Rovers boss' shopping list.

The Turkey international has not signed in time to be available for Wednesday's clash with Wigan, but he could make his debut against West Ham this weekend.

Basturk revealed former Rovers star Tugay helped persuade him to make the move to Lancashire.

"I had contact with Blackburn for three months and I spoke to Tugay and he said it is a very good club and to come here and try the last few years," Basturk told the club's official website.

"I played about 50 games for the national team with Tugay and he always told me how good a club Blackburn is."

[/news=City after defender.]

Skysports.com understands Manchester City are closing in on the signing of Roma defender Marco Motta.

City boss Roberto Mancini is keen to bring in a new right-back and has targeted a loan move for Motta.

Roma and Udinese co-own Motta, but the Italian duo are willing to send him to England on loan as he does not figure in their plans this season.

Motta's representatives are believed to have held talks with City earlier this week and the former Italy Under 21 international is due to fly into England in the next few days to tie up the move.

If Motta makes the move to Eastlands he will become Mancini's second signing since taking over at the club, following on from the arrival of Patrick Vieira from Inter Milan earlier this month

Former Arsenal srtiker joins Portsmouth
      Portsmouth have signed Quincy Owusu-Abeyie from Spartak Moscow on loan until the end of the season.

Pompey had their transfer embargo, which was placed on them by the Premier League for outstanding payments to other clubs, lifted on Tuesday and manager Avram Grant has wasted no time in bringing new talent in.

The former Arsenal forward has had loan spells with the likes of Spanish outfit Celta Vigo, Birmingham and Cardiff in the past few years.

The 23-year-old has been with Spartak since January 2006 but has made less than 30 league appearances for the Russian giants.

The forward should go straight into the squad for the away trip to Manchester City on Saturday.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Jan 27, 2010 07:51:20 pm
      Galatasaray seem to be getting loads of players in. Building a pretty decent squad it seems - decent enough to win their league anyway you would think.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2010 05:10:58 pm
      Apparently Spurs aren't letting Pavyluchenko go?

Don't understand that at all. They now have 5 strikers.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2010 08:09:26 pm

Tottenham bring in another striker.

Harry Redknapp has confirmed that Eidur Gudjohnsen has joined Tottenham on loan until the end of the season.

Spurs were strong favourites to land the Iceland international's signature, with the player favouring to switch to White Hart Lane.

West Ham had also been in the hunt for the experienced forward, but have been pipped to the post by their capital rivals.

Gudjohnsen, who spent eight years in England with Bolton and Chelsea between 1998 and 2006, returns to the Premier League after struggling to settle at French outfit Monaco.

He only moved to Stade Louis II from Catalan giants Barcelona last summer, but was unable to produce his best form in Ligue 1.

Versatile
      Gudjohnsen will be hoping that a spell at Spurs helps to revive his career, especially as Redknapp has hinted that he is prepared to utilise the 31-year-old's experience as much as possible.

"I just thought he's a good player and he can play several positions for us, he can play in a midfield or attacking-midfield role if we want to change our system," he said.

"We've lost Aaron Lennon [to injury] so we haven't got a great deal of width. We can play a diamond formation if we want to and he can be a big player in that system.

"So, yes, we took him on loan until the end of the season to see how it goes."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5890993,00.html
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #29: Jan 29, 2010 10:23:50 am
      Looks like that Tottenham is doing a Man City, eh?
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #30: Jan 29, 2010 03:20:00 pm
      Man city will be the next harlem globe trotters all the worlds best but not playing them
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2010 10:36:19 am
      The last day of the window, always exciting to see what happens and then wake up the next morning tired, wishing you had been more realistic and just slept earlier with your dignity still in tact.
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2010 02:23:03 pm
      As usual were not involved.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2010 03:07:59 pm
      Early to bed tonight. No point staying up to see who we didn't sign.
      Looks like I need to donate to the forum. Miss my non LFC avatar
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2010 05:07:57 pm
      Keane is on his way to celtic according to ssn.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2010 05:11:14 pm
      Gago off to Manchester City according to Marca.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2010 05:11:53 pm
      Can't be done now

Our buying deadline has passed
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2010 05:18:07 pm
      Can't be done now

Our buying deadline has passed

I'm sure that deals can happen after 5pm as long as a certain part of the deal is completed before. It's happened in the past.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2010 05:54:04 pm
      O yeah, i remember, it's something that signifies that the deal is on right?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2010 06:58:07 pm
      Celtic are on the brink of signing Tottenham striker Robbie Keane on loan until the end of the season.

The Glasgow club are in talks with the Republic of Ireland international and hope to conclude the deal before Monday's midnight transfer deadline.

The 29-year-old has been consistently linked with a move to the club he is known to have supported as a boy.

Good old Robbie Keane. Number one Liverpool fan Celtic fan since he was a kid.

It makes you laugh doesn't it.  No good can ever come of supporting multiple teams.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2010 07:19:06 pm
      Good old Robbie Keane. Number one Liverpool fan Celtic fan since he was a kid.

It makes you laugh doesn't it.  No good can ever come of supporting multiple teams.

No hes Irish. He can have 1 team + Celtic to support  :f_tongueincheek:  :f_whistle:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #41: Feb 01, 2010 07:24:17 pm
      Just read that Liverpool would lose out on around £7M if he were to actually sign for Celtic.

Apparently when we sold him back we were to get some bonuses based on appearances at Spurs?  Surely not that much though.

I'd imagine we have some kind of percentage of a sell on clause - so it looks like Tottenham are being very money savvy by loaning him out rather than selling him to Celtic.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2010 08:42:25 pm
      Robbie Keane, June 2008

"I will never forget them. I would specifically like to thank chairman Daniel Levy for understanding, that, as a fan, joining Liverpool is a lifelong dream of mine and one I couldn't let pass me by.

"I hope one day the Spurs fans, who have been brilliant to me, can understand this too.

Harry Redknapp, February 2010

He needs to be playing and to go to Celtic is a dream come true for him."

"It's a good move. He is a Celtic man,"

Robbie Keane, February 2010

"The club is massive," he said. "I am a Celtic fan and did not have to ask much about it. I always wanted to play for Celtic and it works for all parties."
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2010 09:34:22 am by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2010 09:40:38 am
      Added in Keane's latest comments.

I'm embarrassed for the lad.

Can't stand footballers who come out with this brazen bullshit.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #44: Feb 02, 2010 09:43:11 am
      He's always wanted to play for everyone by looks of it.

I hope Crouch and Defoe get injured now. May aswell add Eidur and Roman to that too.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2010 09:49:25 am
      He's clearly got no shame.

His unique brand of trying to back heel the ball in to empty nets might go down well in Scotland.

I find it amusing that considering all the grief that Rafa got, it was somehow okay for Redknapp to play Keane out of position on the rare occassions he wasn't on the bench.

And before anyone suggests that is because Crouch and Defoe are doing a good job, Liverpool were in a far better position when they sold him back (ha you mugs) than Spurs are now.

Funny how tax-incompetent 'Arry gets an easy ride off his bumchums in the southern media.

Quick Reply