Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool Man of the Match v Reading

Lucas Leiva
      (37.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (41.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (20.9%)

Reading 1-1 Liverpool - Post Match

Read 15752 times
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Re: Reading 1-1 Liverpool - Post Match
      Reply #138: Jan 05, 2010 11:44:29 am
      A cup-tie at night at Anfield?

It'll either be rocking or dull as F**k.

latter
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Reading 1-1 Liverpool - Post Match
      Reply #139: Jan 05, 2010 12:49:40 pm
      Not a great performance by any means, To me it was a typical FA cup tie with the conototions of a giant killing, A struggling championship side versus a struggling premier league side at home, Reading to be fair played like it was their destiny to win, They were up for it more IMO And it showed early on with the pressure they applied, Notably down the right with Macanuff having the best of Insua on many occasions, Rafa for reasons known only to himself changed the side again, playing a 4-4-2 formation a system unfamiliar in recent months, I for one could'nt understand why Benyaoun was on the bench, Gerrard dropped into cm and Ngog pushed upfront with Nando, Kuyt again was disappointing and should be warming the bench for a few games to give him the kick up the arse he so obviously needs, I was impressed by young Darby tho and believe he and the likes of Pacheco and kelly should feature more this season, They after all are the future and the more experience they gain the better, Yes it was yet another lacklustre performance from our boys but we are still in there and although there are some signs of a recovery in recent league matches it remains to be a very disappointing season, But we just have to keep plodding on, Keep supporting Rafa and the lads no matter what happens, There is still time to turn this horrible season around and you never know could come up smelling of roses, Red ones of course, Onwards and upwards i say, ' You'll never walk alone'

Quick Reply