Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Manchester United: The Debt burden

Read 5164 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Manchester United: The Debt burden
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2010 03:55:07 pm
      I said it before and I'll say it again a mass demonstration should be arranged by both sets of fans in a show of unity against both sets of Owners for the show down on March the 20th, if that means invading RedCafe and Rawk to get things going then so be it.
      Mate, I know you are working on this so I'm not going to undermine your efforts by posting in that thread but being perfectly honest with you, I don't want the Manc's support. If it wasn't for us being in the same mess then we'd all be laughing at them.
      F**k em, we can make enough noise on our own without the prawn-munchers joining in.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2010 03:55:14 pm
      In reality we are both in the same boat, Man City and Chelsea will outbid us every time and we will become mid table sides if something isnt done.

they have spent an awful lot more than us on their teams in the past, the last 3 years they dont seem to have spent much, its happening to us now, we keep looking for free transfers, Rafa and Slur will be in poundland next.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #25: Jan 20, 2010 04:58:34 pm
      Sounds good on face value. However, i don't think its got to the stage we hate our owners as much as yours yet!!

Your getting there though, I see a lot of United fans have started taking yellow and green flags and scarfs as their adopted colours until the Glazers have fu**ed off.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #26: Jan 20, 2010 05:04:16 pm
      Your getting there though, I see a lot of United fans have started taking yellow and green flags and scarfs as their adopted colours until the Glazers have fu**ed off.

Question is Huyton! Would you be up for it if it gets as bad as the yanks at your place??
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #27: Jan 20, 2010 05:15:27 pm
      Question is Huyton! Would you be up for it if it gets as bad as the yanks at your place??

Up for what?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Jan 20, 2010 05:33:56 pm

RedLFCBlood was talking about United & Liverpool fans getting together when we play eachother for a demonstration at the ground.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Jan 20, 2010 05:37:21 pm
      RedLFCBlood was talking about United & Liverpool fans getting together when we play eachother for a demonstration at the ground.

I'm working on it at at the moment ... it doesn't have to be a Manc Liverpool love in...Just the Mancs turn up & Demonstrate against their owners and Our lads turn up and Demonstrate against our owners.

Banners and flags a plenty, both sets of supporters showing their discontent vocally at their owners whilst the eyes of the world are up on us.

In the eyes of the media, the result would be insignificant.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #30: Jan 20, 2010 07:05:08 pm
      It's saying something when they sell a player for £80M and fall further in to debt.

Absolutely ridiculous figure.  It's all wrong wrong wrong.  And to think Michael Knighton almost got them for a fiver.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #31: Jan 20, 2010 07:06:16 pm
      They'll be getting a winding up order soon.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #32: Jan 20, 2010 07:07:57 pm
      Over a billion dollars?

Jeez. What's the world coming to?

I really do hope for the sake of the game that someday a stop will be put on massive debts like these and a salary cap on players wages. Something has to give.

But only once we've got rid of Tomand George, that is, so we don't get punished! ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33: Jan 20, 2010 07:20:03 pm
      Over a billion dollars?

I really do hope for the sake of the game that someday a stop will be put on massive debts like these and a salary cap on players wages. Something has to give.

But only once we've got rid of Tomand George, that is, so we don't get punished! ;)

I'm all for the salary cap... There is not a player alive that deseves more than 50k a week... I don't give a monkeys how good they are. 50k is more than enough.

Ps... Anyone agree?
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2010 08:56:51 pm
      they have over $1 billion american dollars in debt. that's huge debt no matter what country you're in. if they're allowed to refinance, the world has gone mad. i mean, if they can't get the money now, how are they supposed to get it in the future when there's interest added on? Isn't interest the problem?

i hope this is the start of another 3 decades of redmen dominance
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2010 09:02:58 pm
      I'm all for the salary cap... There is not a player alive that deseves more than 50k a week... I don't give a monkeys how good they are. 50k is more than enough.

Ps... Anyone agree?

Yep, i agree. 50K a week is pretty F***ing fantastic anyways, anything more than that is just money wasted i think. If any of these players go broke in their future lives on the wages they get now, they are F***ing stupid.

The fact that players will refuse to go to clubs because something under 80k a week isn't enough sickens me to be honest.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2010 09:36:37 pm
      I'd knee cap majority of the UTD squad, swiftly followed by Chav$ki, followed By Arsenhole followed by ManShitty. ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Jan 22, 2010 11:27:34 am
      We think we are in a bad position but if our debt doesn't rise there is a chance we will be able to get rid of our rats of owners while Utd with there current debts are going to be unlucky to find new owners as it would nearly take a billion just to get rid of the debts.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #38: Jan 22, 2010 11:42:11 am
      I'm working on it at at the moment ... it doesn't have to be a Manc Liverpool love in...Just the Mancs turn up & Demonstrate against their owners and Our lads turn up and Demonstrate against our owners.

Banners and flags a plenty, both sets of supporters showing their discontent vocally at their owners whilst the eyes of the world are up on us.

In the eyes of the media, the result would be insignificant.
      They could have a fight afterwards too, just to get more publicity.  more people will deffo turn up ....ha ha
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Jan 22, 2010 12:16:55 pm
      Any one of us could have walked in and bought both the clubs securing loans to do so on the back of the clubs. Its a disgrace. Now both clubs are in the position where the valuable assets slowly get stripped away. The fact that this is allowed shows up the FA and any supposed monitory body as incompetent. A large fan body could have done the same if the banks would be so kind... No chance I know... but at least the money would have been reinvested in the clubs and not sucked out at increasingly alarming rates with no inquest from anyone but the worried fans of both clubs.
      While apathy abounds the corporate greed continues unabated even more so in Uniteds case. How can a club sell off 80 million worth of assets and still increase their losses. That is frightening
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #40: Jan 22, 2010 11:38:41 pm
      they have over $1 billion american dollars in debt. that's huge debt no matter what country you're in. if they're allowed to refinance, the world has gone mad. I mean, if they can't get the money now, how are they supposed to get it in the future when there's interest added on? Isn't interest the problem?

I hope this is the start of another 3 decades of redmen dominance
      You will be lucky with the debt we are in after Untd were next
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Jan 28, 2010 01:49:06 am
      Over a billion dollars?

I somewhat agree with the salary cap idea but not because of the current debts of LFC and MUFC. Both of these clubs are perfectly solvent except for the owners loading THEIR debts from buying the clubs back onto them.

Until THAT situation is resolved, which is what Platini and co are trying to do, then capping wages only puts more money in these parasites pockets.

So, first things first....get the Yanks out!

Oh, and I don't think protests with banners et al will do anything....these pricks don't give a sh*t about fans....I've said all along that an EMPTY stadium is the only way to really get the message across.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: Jan 28, 2010 11:14:02 am
      Thought it was impressive to see all the yellow and green flags last night.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #43: Jan 28, 2010 11:02:21 pm
      I don't know if a salary cap would work because the way I see it would just end up with the majority of half decent players all topped out at 50k for example and transfer fees just skyrocketing because clubs will have more money in their coffers.

What I would like to see is some sort of legislation put in place to ban the practice of 'leveraged takeovers' that has well and truly put clubs like us and United living on the edge of extinction. I know that might sound extreme but a couple of seasons out of the Champion's League and both us and them would be straying perilously close to suffering the type of faith that happened to Fiorentina a couple of years ago.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #44: Jan 28, 2010 11:29:36 pm
      Thought it was impressive to see all the yellow and green flags last night.

What's the symbolism of that again?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Jan 29, 2010 12:17:17 am
      What's the symbolism of that again?

Green & Gold its their protest against the Yanks

THE Old Trafford green and gold protest is gathering pace and a new batch of the scarves worn by the anti-Glazer movement is being shipped in for the Carling Cup semi-final second leg against City on Wednesday.

The initial 500 consignment of the scarves were snapped up and sold out for the Hull match as supporters visually and vocally expressed their disapproval of the club's American owners

MancWankNews

Quick Reply