Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland -> Stoke)

Read 25349 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland)
      Reply #184: Jan 29, 2010 03:20:58 pm
      ^

Just going to say.

Suggesting that Jones is on the move? Or do Sunderland simply want to broaden their options?
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #185: Jan 29, 2010 03:22:47 pm
      so they dont play jones and it makes you think is something going on?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #186: Jan 29, 2010 03:26:27 pm
      Was just about to post about them being in talks with Benjani. I would be surprised if the Jones deal still happens but i tell you this, i am becoming more and more convinced that this could be a good move for us.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #187: Jan 29, 2010 03:56:49 pm
      Just thinking that if you wanted a short term cheap replacement for Jones until they can go in the market properly in the summer Benjani would be a good fit. From what i've seen of Jones he would'nt fill me with confidence but hopefully he could improve around better players?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #188: Jan 29, 2010 11:02:46 pm
      Really don't want him he came on the other night against Everton he was so bad the Everton fans were singing "Sign him up Rafa" and the Sunderland fans even joined them singing it and this is our potential new big striking signing. If he is worth £14 million football really has gone mad.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #189: Jan 31, 2010 01:49:54 pm
      "Sunderland will launch a bid for Robbie Keane today – and that may trigger Kenwyne Jones’ departure to Liverpool.

Steve Bruce wants Keane to link-up again with Darren Bent and is ready to test Tottenham’s resolve to keep the Irishman with an £8m bid.

Keane has not been a regular in Harry Redknapp’s team and was on the bench again yesterday in Tottenham’s 1-1 draw at Birmingham."

Quoted from the Mirror.

I'd rather Keane back  :lmao:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #190: Jan 31, 2010 03:28:37 pm
      If we are to get a player whose current club believe can be replaced and improved upon by signing Benjani or Liverpool reject Robbie keane, then that tells me that Jones clearly isn't good enough for us! Footy has gone nuts?!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #191: Jan 31, 2010 04:52:29 pm
      Would be gutted if we sign him doubt it is going to happen though, I actually think this would be one of Rafas worst signings.

Jones performances since Christmas last year have been a joke and this season he has hardly looked like a Premiership player never mind a Liverpool player. Was talking to a Utd fan today and he was pissing him self at this potential signing.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #192: Jan 31, 2010 05:16:20 pm
      It looks like its back on if Robbie Keane goes to sunderland , the addition of Kenwyn Jones would be just the pre derby boost we need , he was getting stick at the pit last week , just the motivation the lad needs to make them pay , wigan about to sign Moses from Palace for 2 m i cant understand why we never took a gamble on the lad for buttons , all the big clubs will be knocking at the door offering mega money within 12 months to tempt him away from wigan mark my words.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #193: Jan 31, 2010 06:47:30 pm
      this thread is a joke surely?
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #194: Jan 31, 2010 07:12:40 pm

Why we would want to sign Jones is beyond me  :f_steam:      I think he'll be absolute RUBBISH for us....and the fact that Robbie Keane may go to Sunderland I hope shuts up every dissenting voice and people will acknowledge that he wasn't up to the standard of a title chasing side and validates Rafa's actions last January!!!!
      Just shows what a pile of tripe Redknapp spouted about him being a fantastic player...actions speak louder than words Harry..4th in the pecking order now eh!!!!  :lmao:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #195: Jan 31, 2010 07:47:53 pm
      Apparently tottenham have accepted an offer for keane.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #196: Jan 31, 2010 07:49:16 pm
      Think this guy could be a great addition to our squad. There's not that many decent target men in the league but this guy is definately one of the best. He's also not that old, so he could still develop quite a bit.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #197: Jan 31, 2010 07:56:37 pm
      Think this guy could be a great addition to our squad. There's not that many decent target men in the league but this guy is definately one of the best. He's also not that old, so he could still develop quite a bit.

Have you watched him? He's RUBBISH
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #198: Jan 31, 2010 07:57:42 pm
      With Babel now staying, I dont think this move will happen unless we get him on loan.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #199: Jan 31, 2010 08:45:27 pm
      Sunderland haven't won in ages
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #200: Jan 31, 2010 08:52:45 pm

Jones is unsettled there. Therefore not been performing.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #201: Jan 31, 2010 08:59:24 pm
      He only has 6 goals

Sunderland rely on Darren Bent and DB SHOULD go to World Cup personally he has played excellent!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #202: Jan 31, 2010 09:26:59 pm
      I'm not sure about Jones to be honest, could see him being another Babel to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #203: Jan 31, 2010 09:28:06 pm
      ^

Same, i'd much rather see N'Gog play and develop than take the risk on him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #204: Jan 31, 2010 09:45:26 pm
      ^
      Same, i'd much rather see N'Gog play and develop than take the risk on him.

Any player at their current club, who displays an attitude when they are not playing or a club show's interest in them is always going to be a gamble in my opinion as it's not just their ability you are gambling on , it's their personality and what effect that could have on the rest of the squad.
      Benny Taz
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #205: Feb 01, 2010 04:07:13 am
      Jones reminds me of Michael Ricketts of Bolton. Had a massive 1st season in the prem including scoring the winner against the scum at Ole Traffart. England call-up for a friendly against Holland. Bust-up with Tits Allardyce. Interest and form dipped. Bought by 'Borrough for 3mil by Wally with the brolly in January. Scored 4 goals for 'Borrough. Offloaded to Leeds on a free 1 & a half seasons later. Oblivion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ricketts
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #206: Feb 01, 2010 08:26:23 am
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO Jones isnt a top team forward , and him and torres would be horrible . If you want a tall forward bring back crouch who rafa made leave the club quicker than a toilet door on curry night.

Quick Reply