Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Liverpool 1 - 2 Reading: Post-match ... whatever

Read 36563 times
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 2 Reading: Post-match ... whatever
      Reply #368: Jan 14, 2010 11:20:31 am
      lfc-red, out of curiosity, where you from?
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #369: Jan 14, 2010 11:20:57 am
      Jose f**king mourinho?

f**k off mate. not in a million years. For starters theres sh*t loads of reds who hate the tw*t including me.

Whats he ever done? Tell me why hes so great?

Porto. Won the european cup with a portuguese side. Thats a good achievement and I'll take my hat off to him for that. Won the league with them, erm, so what? The portugal league is similar to the scottish league, 2-3 sides that are miles better than the rest. Porto are by far the best team in that league and always will be, it would have been an under achievement if he didn't win the league with them.

Chelsea. Playing championship manager with them. Money not an issue, could buy any player he wanted. Ok, he has to gel the team, but he bought two world class players for every position, a f**king monkey could manage that side and win the league. Got nowhere in europe though did he? And as soon as fergie got to grips with things and started to re-challenge, mourinho sh*t himself and bailed like a little girl.

Inter. Won the league, again, arsed? Not suprised one bit after what happened to AC and JUVE and if he didn't win the league it would have been an under achievement. Again, got f***in nowhere in europe though, and just wait a year or 2 and AC will be back on top anyway, infact, last time I looked at the Serie A table, ac were right on inters toes.

Jose Mourinho has got to be the most OVER RATED manager of all time.

I'd love to see mourinho win La liga with the valencia side rafa had. Now thats an achievement, taking on that team when barca and madrid are in the same league as you and winning it twice out of 3 years.

Would also love to see mourinho coach a side without money, he wouldn't last 2 minutes at LFC.

hes a f***in tw*t and hes not welcome at Anfield

In Rafa we trust. YNWA

Good post..
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #370: Jan 14, 2010 11:22:25 am
      lfc-red, out of curiosity, where you from?

Why, what has that got to do with the price of bacon?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #371: Jan 14, 2010 11:24:11 am

Wow, mature response eh. Can't even account for what i said, because you know its true. Id kick that pedestal from under you if i could.

LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #372: Jan 14, 2010 11:26:39 am
      Wow, mature response eh. Can't even account for what I said, because you know its true. Id kick that pedestal from under you if I could.

The chance of sensible discussion ended a while ago when you and your  friends rounded me because I believe Rafa has taken us as far as he can.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #373: Jan 14, 2010 11:28:41 am

Just wondering mate thats all.

Might start abit of a kick off this, but from my own personal experience, i find mostly that the ones calling for Rafas head are the ones who don't live in or around Liverpool.

From the people i no (And before people jump on my back, i no that the handfull of people i no doesn't compare to the thousands of reds around the globe), are Rafa followers. We still believe in him, still trust him, still love him.

The ones i see calling for his head tend to be the glory hunting type supporter who aren't from Liverpool.

I hope that doesn't offend you because I'm not trying to say your a glory hunter, i would just find it interesting seeing an anti-rafa red whoose from Liverpool, because obviously there will be loads, but from my own experiences, i don't think i've met one yet.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #374: Jan 14, 2010 11:29:41 am
      The chance of sensible discussion ended a while ago when you and your  friends rounded me because I believe Rafa has taken us as far as he can.

It ended when your sarcasm and insults got in the way of it, i think i have repeatedly said Rafa is not without fault. But you just choose to blatantly say Rafa is done, and thats that. And if anyone thinks otherwise, they are deluded and i quote "should just keep wanking over Rafa"

Do you see my point? You are the one thats being the narrow minded one here.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #375: Jan 14, 2010 11:34:27 am
      Kuyt - not creative enough.

Yossi - playing on the wrong side. Put him in the hole behind Torres or play him on the right.  When he is on the left we have no width down there.

Gerrard - F***ing embarrasing the way he is playing. Bet you he perks up for England. Not only playing way below what he can but a piss poor captain at the moment.

Carragher - slow. Thinks too long about a pass then ends up passing it back to the keeper anyway. No vision whatsover to start our build up.

Insua - joke. Sick of his mediocre performances. Rather have Aurelio or even Johnson there when he is fit.

Torres - looks like he is still struggling although to be fair the service is pretty sh*te.

Aquilani - being played in the wrong position. Should be higher up the pitch possibly in Gerrard's role now he is out injured. His brain seems to quick for the clowns around him.

Cavalieri - shouldn't have been playing last night.  Distribution poor.

Degen - got a small amount of ability going forward. Can't defend.

Lucas - still the whipping boy for the fans. Didn't do much wrong but didn't do a lot right either.

I don't expect to see Insua or Kuyt in the team at the weekend. The pair of them should be throughly ashamed of their performance.
      SteinFan
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #376: Jan 14, 2010 11:35:43 am
      Doesn´t matter what the bacon costs - just where you buy it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #377: Jan 14, 2010 11:38:42 am
      ^^ Pretty well spot on.

Fact is with Torres, even the best strikers in the world need a damn good ball most of the time to be able to create a chance, rarely can they carry it from half way and score.

And hes getting none of it, the partnership of Gerrard and himself have gone from deadliest in the world to most impotent in the space of just half a year. And thats down to the mentality of the player himself, nothing else. They have to sort it out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #378: Jan 14, 2010 12:20:24 pm
      Forget Mourinho it was a suggestion, lets all carrying on wan.king ourselves over Rafa then.

Whats Maureen ever done ;D FFS!

Yep I'd forget Jose too, do you really think he'd come to a team that is basically on it's arse financially?
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #379: Jan 14, 2010 12:21:33 pm
      I think you're wrong, I think we get too many crosses in, but always at the wrong time to the wrong people. Crosses are great, but they're pointless when they're not played to people who can actually do something with them. We don't get the ball to Torres enough, he should have 6 or 7 chances a game, not two or three, and I'm not just talking about today.

I think we should just go straight down the middle and blast the ball in the back of the net. There are certain teams that playing the wing works well against, especially against teams that are of your talent level or higher. But of teams that we should beat on paper, that we're sure that we're better than, I say we just go at them from that start. We should make them score more goals then us. It doesn't have to be beautiful, it doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to work and it has to yield results.

I don't understand Rafa, I don't understand why we treat matches against Reading the same way we play an opponent in the Champions League. Yes, there are a few squad changes, but the tactics are the same, and the tactics are predictable. We don't take enough risks.

Every time we went down the middle today, just at the crucial moment where a final short pass or just a dink over the top was needed, we passed toward the wing and tried to swing it in. We didn't force the Reading players to make a mistake, we didn't put pressure on them. When 6 yards from goal, we chose to pass instead of shoot, even if it was a tough angle. If you don't shoot, you don't score, and that has been the sad truth for Liverpool FC this season. As a collective, we are not finishing move, we're not putting the ball in the back of the net. Everything else is there, but the goal.

Yes, we have to defend, and I know our defense is in shambles at the moment, but it's a lot easier - especially with the enormous amount of pressure each game now holds - to defend with a two goal lead. You can make a mistake and it's not the end all be all. I mean, we keep losing late games, just like today. It's happening over and over, the pressure is building you can feel it as fans, then one mistake, and the other team is celebrating, and then the nerves kick in for Liverpool, and we fall apart. This wouldn't need to happen if we were 2 - 0 up before half time against a team like Reading.

We need to score more goals and we need to score them now. We don't have time to wait for a new striker to come and save the day. We need to change our tactics, and encourage offensive minded play, and for our player to TAKE RISKS. We spend far too much of our possession making 1, 3, or 5 yard passes. This is not La Liga, that doesn't do anything here. It's being done too much by us. Sometimes you just have to go for it, and take a chance on a pass. Yeah, in some cases it wont come off the way you wanted, but if it does, you could have a chance to score. We have players that clearly have creativity, I think that needs to be brought out in their play.
      [/q

Well said. No need for me to elaborate any further except than when we were at the edge of the opposition box just cross the damn f**king ball or try to go pass the last defender or just take a shot and hope that it hits something and rebound into goal or rebound into a player's path to shoot. NO, we choose to make a backpass that leads to another and back to Reina. How cannot the fans boo at the end of the game??? Make the players watch their own game over and over a game till they cry like the poor kid at the end of the game.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #380: Jan 14, 2010 12:38:03 pm
      Still angry this morning, that performance last night was a shambles, we were completely void from ideas and creativity.

I think the wide situation is killing us we have absolutely nothing out wide. I saw Aquilani get the ball more times last night are there was F**k all on for him. What the F**k is the story with Carragher every time he gets the ball he launches a long ball up the pitch does he not realise Crouch is gone. He is just giving the ball a way time after time with this tactic is he doing this on direction from Rafa because it is gone beyond a joke how often he hits it long.

There is 5 or 6 players playing last night that are just not good enough for Liverpool. We need a clear out in the Summer.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #381: Jan 14, 2010 12:43:09 pm
      Last nights debacle was further proof if we needed it that the managers bargain basement acquisitions are embarrassingly, proof that you get what you pay for.
      Even though Torres and Gerrard are not setting the world alight recently their absence highlighted the chasm between what they are capable of and the contribution of some of the pretenders last night. When they were taken off the team was no more than a toothless tiger reluctant or unable to produce any kind of a threat.
      The manager does not have some kind of psychological disorder which dictates that he must win trophies and spend as little as possible, he is charged with competing on a level basis and required by the world and his wife to win. The idea that he can put a competitive premier side together on a shoestring is ridiculous much less the back up which is exactly what is required now.
      It's been said before that the speed which Rafa   obtains a new world class employer will prove the doubters wrong.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2010 01:42:17 pm by stuey »
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #382: Jan 14, 2010 12:49:07 pm
      Im mega disapointed, mega, mega disapointed!

I woke up this morning feeling sick and wondering what the hell we can salvage from this miserable season (so far!! - NEVER SAY NEVER!)

I still back Rafa, I still love the man and want him in charge of our club, you cant blame him for everything, he has no money to spend on players and the media constantly hurl criticism his way!!

For thos saying Aquillani is a flop, get real will you!! The lad has come from a slow league, were you get untold amounts of time on the ball, I fully believe that given time he will be a revelation, believe for crying out loud!! Yes we should be realistic but we should also believe, this is what this great club is all about is it not!!??

On a side note, I actually thought Ryan Babel played well when he came on yesterday, he got himself into dangerous positions, but our midfielders failed to spot him. Yes he can be frustrating at times, but yesterday I thought he played with determination, he even helped out defensively!!

At the end of the day we're out of a competition that we all would have love to won, but all we can do now is pick ourselves up get a tough 3 points against Stoke on Saturday and get some confidence back. I think the Europa League is going to be treated very seriously by the management and players now, the fans will want a trophy no doubt and this is our best bet now! I would love to win it!!
      cambry
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #383: Jan 14, 2010 01:00:33 pm
      Agree dude, Im not sure if Aurelio was hurt , but he has to start over Insua, the kid looks really overwhelmed at times, it's like he's getting worse as the season goes on. Plus Aurelio is our Best set piece man IMO.

I've already been pulled up once for supporting Insua in another thread but I don't think he was entirely to blame for his poor showing last night. Yossi was supposed to be playing on the left wing but he spent most of his time in the middle of the pitch and never tracked back, leaving Insua to cope with repeated attacks down that flank single-handed. Once they knew it was a soft spot, they exploited it.

Having said that, I'll admit that so far this season he doesn't seem to be living up to his early promise. But I'm not sure it's fair to judge him when the whole team is playing so badly. He was great last season and I still have high hopes for him.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #384: Jan 14, 2010 01:12:37 pm
      I actually thought Degen had a good game aswell yesterday! He looked very promising going forward!

Stone me down if you think im going barmy, but i seriously thought Degen and Babel were probably our 2 best performers last night!!
      Kuyt - not creative enough.

Yossi - playing on the wrong side. Put him in the hole behind Torres or play him on the right.  When he is on the left we have no width down there.

Gerrard - f**king embarrasing the way he is playing. Bet you he perks up for England. Not only playing way below what he can but a piss poor captain at the moment.

Carragher - slow. Thinks too long about a pass then ends up passing it back to the keeper anyway. No vision whatsover to start our build up.

Insua - joke. Sick of his mediocre performances. Rather have Aurelio or even Johnson there when he is fit.

Torres - looks like he is still struggling although to be fair the service is pretty sh*te.

Aquilani - being played in the wrong position. Should be higher up the pitch possibly in Gerrard's role now he is out injured. His brain seems to quick for the clowns around him.

Cavalieri - shouldn't have been playing last night.  Distribution poor.

Degen - got a small amount of ability going forward. Can't defend.

Lucas - still the whipping boy for the fans. Didn't do much wrong but didn't do a lot right either.

I don't expect to see Insua or Kuyt in the team at the weekend. The pair of them should be throughly ashamed of their performance.

"Aquilani - being played in the wrong position. Should be higher up the pitch possibly in Gerrard's role now he is out injured. His brain seems to quick for the clowns around him".

I think you've hit the nail firmly on the head there mate. Aqua seems to have a footballing brain no doubt, and a quick one at that, but the team are struggling to get on the same wave length which is probably making him look worse than he actually is!!

A quality player will never stand out, if he doesnt have quality players around him who are on the same wave length!! Unless your Superman of course!!
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #385: Jan 14, 2010 01:13:30 pm
      I actually thought Degen had a good game aswell yesterday! He looked very promising going forward!

Stone me down if you think im going barmy, but I seriously thought Degen and Babel were probably our 2 best performers last night!!

I thought Degen was probably our best player.  Thing is, he's not a bad player, he's just injury-prone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #386: Jan 14, 2010 01:19:24 pm
      lets all carrying on wan.king ourselves over Rafa then.

Whilst you carry on wanking over Mourhino /, perhaps we'll have a race see who comes first  :f_whistle:
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #387: Jan 14, 2010 01:21:04 pm
      I saw Kuyt give the ball away at least 3 times that game, what is Insua still doing in our squad, Cavalieri dived far to early on the penalty. Gerrard doesnt look like he wants to play football judging by his body language.. I just don't know what to say ;D. But at the same time why is Rafa risking basically our starting XI when we need to concentrate on getting 4th spot minimum. Jesus christ..
      RedorDed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #388: Jan 14, 2010 01:45:04 pm
      Yes agreed. Cavalieri could have made a better attempt to save what looked a slow, directionally well signalled penalty shot. Still we're clutching at straws here aren't we? All the heads looked down as I've said before - but we'll be back!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #389: Jan 14, 2010 01:48:34 pm
      I saw Kuyt give the ball away at least 3 times that game, what is Insua still doing in our squad, Cavalieri dived far to early on the penalty. Gerrard doesnt look like he wants to play football judging by his body language.. I just don't know what to say ;D. But at the same time why is Rafa risking basically our starting XI when we need to concentrate on getting 4th spot minimum. Jesus christ..

What the F**k lad? What is Insua doing in the squad? :\ Cavalieri dived far to early on the penalty. wtf are you on about, I play keeper for an ameteur team, and trust me, you dive early unless it is obvious by the takers body language where he is putting it, the penalty was class, then as for Gerrard I bet you were masterbating over him when he created the first goal, fuckinghell lad!!

But the worst thing you said, about Rafa starting his main XI, well I bet you'd be the first one here to complain if the reserves played and lost in that game, people are always moaning about Rafa not "respecting" the FA cup. Your one of those wise after the event sort of people I hate.

Yes agreed. Cavalieri could have made a better attempt to save what looked a slow, directionally well signalled penalty shot. Still we're clutching at straws here aren't we? All the heads looked down as I've said before - but we'll be back!

Christ, it was a cracking penalty, forget how slow it was, that is immaterial, insignificant, he sent the keeper the wrong way, once he did that he could have slow rolled it or blasted it.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #390: Jan 14, 2010 02:50:24 pm
      What the f**k lad? What is Insua doing in the squad? :\ Cavalieri dived far to early on the penalty. wtf are you on about, I play keeper for an ameteur team, and trust me, you dive early unless it is obvious by the takers body language where he is putting it, the penalty was class, then as for Gerrard I bet you were masterbating over him when he created the first goal, fuckinghell lad!!

But the worst thing you said, about Rafa starting his main XI, well I bet you'd be the first one here to complain if the reserves played and lost in that game, people are always moaning about Rafa not "respecting" the FA cup. Your one of those wise after the event sort of people I hate.

Christ, it was a cracking penalty, forget how slow it was, that is immaterial, insignificant, he sent the keeper the wrong way, once he did that he could have slow rolled it or blasted it.

No I would actually, id be very happy if Rafa had decided to give our young guns a chance, Ayala and Pacheo being the main ones i'd love to see improve. And if you can't see Gerrard isnt at his best and his body language on the pitch is a lot different you are not watching the same game pal.

Fair enough you have experience from being a keeper, but I just felt that he dived to early and was asking for him to go left.

This is just my opinion by the way. No need to get so defensive buddy.

Quick Reply