Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool 1 - 2 Reading: Post-match ... whatever

Read 36637 times
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 2 Reading: Post-match ... whatever
      Reply #391: Jan 14, 2010 03:12:25 pm
      Didn't saw the match becasue I had to get ready to school. Thought I would check the result in the morning, get a boost for the day. God I was wrong...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #392: Jan 14, 2010 03:50:28 pm
      The sad fact is we needed the FA Cup, so Rafa had to put out the strongest side, they just let him and the fans down, but as I said last night, at 1-0 we were looking at a very winnable 4th round tie, and there was no problems.

We just have this habbit of conceeding late goals of late, and that is a real issue that Liverpool very rarely suffer from, it is us usually scoring the late goals like last season.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #393: Jan 14, 2010 04:21:43 pm
      Thought Agger was the only player who actually played half decent.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #394: Jan 14, 2010 04:32:55 pm
      The sad fact is we needed the FA Cup, so Rafa had to put out the strongest side, they just let him and the fans down, but as I said last night, at 1-0 we were looking at a very winnable 4th round tie, and there was no problems.
      But didn't you see how many chances Reading had last night, the were problems all night Reading deserved to win and comfatably
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #395: Jan 14, 2010 04:36:40 pm
      Thought Agger was the only player who actually played half decent.

Agreed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #396: Jan 14, 2010 05:05:10 pm
      But didn't you see how many chances Reading had last night, the were problems all night Reading deserved to win and comfatably

But all that would have been forgotten had we won, as I said, workmanlike.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #397: Jan 14, 2010 05:13:20 pm
      30 seconds from the 4th Round and a run of 3 wins and a draw since the Pompey disaster.

Then 30 minutes later, dumped out of the Cup, manager's head being called for and thousands of fans absoutely gutted.

There's a fine line in football and we paid the price for that for not creating chances and scoring any when we were dominating a bit at the start of the second half.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #398: Jan 14, 2010 05:26:23 pm
      For the first time, even after the dust has settled, i don't know where to start to give analysis of a Red's performance or where it went wrong.

What i witnessed last night was; pure, unadulterated sh*te!

YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #399: Jan 14, 2010 05:31:46 pm
      I turned the tv off as soon as torres came off cos there was going to be no fight in this game. Reading squandered two good chances in 10 minutes, gerrard is clearly needing a rest and the team's overall performance was s**t. I just cant understand how people can fork out 40 pounds to watch that crap.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #400: Jan 14, 2010 05:38:28 pm
      I turned the tv off as soon as torres came off cos there was going to be no fight in this game. Reading squandered two good chances in 10 minutes, gerrard is clearly needing a rest and the team's overall performance was s**t. I just cant understand how people can fork out 40 pounds to watch that crap.

I don't think you understand the concept of "unconditional support".
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #401: Jan 14, 2010 05:47:36 pm
      Did anyone else get onto Phil Dowd when he booked Degen in the second half?

"Not on my watch" was what he mouthed after booking Degen.

Knew the Tv cameras were on him at the time, the jumped up gobs***e!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #402: Jan 14, 2010 06:58:32 pm
      Kuyt - not creative enough.

Yossi - playing on the wrong side. Put him in the hole behind Torres or play him on the right.  When he is on the left we have no width down there.

Gerrard - f**king embarrasing the way he is playing. Bet you he perks up for England. Not only playing way below what he can but a piss poor captain at the moment.

Carragher - slow. Thinks too long about a pass then ends up passing it back to the keeper anyway. No vision whatsover to start our build up.

Insua - joke. Sick of his mediocre performances. Rather have Aurelio or even Johnson there when he is fit.

Torres - looks like he is still struggling although to be fair the service is pretty sh*te.

Aquilani - being played in the wrong position. Should be higher up the pitch possibly in Gerrard's role now he is out injured. His brain seems to quick for the clowns around him.

Cavalieri - shouldn't have been playing last night.  Distribution poor.

Degen - got a small amount of ability going forward. Can't defend.

Lucas - still the whipping boy for the fans. Didn't do much wrong but didn't do a lot right either.

I don't expect to see Insua or Kuyt in the team at the weekend. The pair of them should be throughly ashamed of their performance.

Well, since you have put it that way....

I thought kuyt fought hard yesterday.

Your comment about Aquilani was spot-on!

There was a pass A Lucas that had vision would have made to Babel and it would have resulted in a goal, the Lucas on the pitch chose to pass to benayoun and that killed it all.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #403: Jan 14, 2010 07:00:38 pm

Knew the Tv cameras were on him at the time, the jumped up gobs***e!

I swear he's never, ever happy. He always looks like someones fu**ed his wife.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #404: Jan 14, 2010 07:09:10 pm
      I swear he's never, ever happy. He always looks like someones fu**ed his wife.

Don't say anything.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #405: Jan 14, 2010 07:12:41 pm

Yeah i saw that HR. I'm not bemoaning the penalty decision, sh*t happens and if we couldn't beat that shower of sh*te in 90 minutes well... However Dowd really made a c**t out of himself by playing to the cameras when he mouthed that then rewarded a blatant dive with a penalty. w**ker.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #406: Jan 14, 2010 07:21:45 pm
      Yeah i saw that HR. I'm not bemoaning the penalty decision, sh*t happens and if we couldn't beat that shower of sh*te in 90 minutes well... However Dowd really made a c**t out of himself by playing to the cameras when he mouthed that then rewarded a blatant dive with a penalty. w**ker.

Agree didn't think it was ever a pen, just thought Dowd's reaction was well over the top.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #407: Jan 14, 2010 08:59:40 pm
      For the first time, even after the dust has settled, i don't know where to start to give analysis of a Red's performance or where it went wrong.

What i witnessed last night was; pure, unadulterated sh*te!

After a long hard days graft, working on my own with nothing else to think about - actually, not being able to think of anything else - but the match last night, all I am still getting is what you posted there.

But I'll say this. I've seen some sh*te football from the reds over the years. And this game was on par with the lowest. I've seen more endeavour in a F***ing Sunday league game when all the lads were out on the ale all Saturday night.

Overpaid, underperforming, bunch of shithouses. That's the only way I see ALL the players after last night. And it'll stay the same if they don't get their bollocks out of their arses and have a proper go at Stoke on Saturday.

If we'd have gone out fighting last night, then I wouldn't be so hurt. But the Liverbird doesn't deserve to be paraded on such a show of weakness, cluelessness and caution.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #408: Jan 14, 2010 10:30:21 pm

They didnt, they forked out 24 quid! You turned the tv off? the knee jerk thread is around somewhere. Even if i wanted to i couldnt just turn the tv off because one of our best players went off, there wasnt fight before he went off anyway so that opinion is somewhat flawed
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #409: Jan 15, 2010 01:23:05 am
      It's not the fact we were beaten by a championship side that worries me.  sh*t happens and you might say every dog has it's day.  It's the alarming honesty that we were comprehensively OUT PLAYED in both matches. Where do we go from here ? who knows. With our current injuries added to our dismal form the last thing we need is all fighting against each other. As for booing the team or the manager, that certaily isn't the answer. We need to get behind whoever is available for selection against Stoke and give them our full support. Stick together, 'divided we fall'  We are different because we are Liverpool, If that is undermined we are fu**ed. Just concentrate on the next game, it will turn around sooner or later. If we don't make the top 4, so what, we'll be back next season. If we were releated, would you still be a red supporter? If not, you have no right on here.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #410: Jan 15, 2010 02:16:15 am
      Ladies !

Can we all stop bitching.

Our team is at the lowest point its been for many a year and to bring things to focus ten of thousands of men women and kiddies have been killed out in the Caribbean.

Lets channel our anger where it is supposed to be.

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #411: Jan 15, 2010 02:59:14 pm
      my opiinion on some players is this
      gerrad is past his best to many games for his age burnt out
      carragher same thing
      kuyt worse than the gerrad and carragher put together. think once players get a good contract then there enthusiasm wanes dramatically. the players dont want to play for rafa he has lost control of his squad. they no longer resect him. this club has turned into a soacil club for millionaires
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #412: Jan 15, 2010 03:02:53 pm
      Something I've only just remembered.

Good to see Aquilani last the whole 120 minutes.  To be fair he finished the game still with a bit in his engine.  Maybe all the moddycoddling over him was, in hindsight, worth it.  Out of a bad bunch, he was probably one of the marginally better performers. 

Coming from a slow league in Italy it was always going to take time but I certainly think he is getting to grips with the pace of English football.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #413: Jan 15, 2010 06:10:39 pm

Well this is F***ing embarassing..

Apparently Sky News is saying that the Liverpool FC.tv web site had Burnley tickets on sale two hours before the Reading match was about to start!

Someone on high in the Black Pearl decided we would thrash Reading and it was OK to chase the Yankee Dollar.

Positive thinking perhaps. Egotistical out of touch greedy owners.

Wheres the Montreal Canadien money George,  you liar.

Quick Reply