Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Gerrard Injury or ???

Read 2679 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Gerrard Injury or ???
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2010 07:19:09 pm
      I was taking the piss. Seeing as this whole thread belongs in the Knee-Jerk Thread.

;D. You went right over my head then  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #24: Jan 14, 2010 07:38:15 pm
      Really - so are you saying he has lost the dressing room? That could be bad news...

For the record - i think this thread is crazy! Its an injury, not a massive bust up that will force him out of the club ala beckham and fergy!

Gerrard and Carragher do not equal the whole of the dressing room, you only have to look at the last couple of months with the likes of Kuyt, Reina and now Torres coming out in the press making statements that in effect back the manager.

The silence on the other hand from captain and vice-captain has been deafening!

Rafa's got my permission to show them who the boss is.  They've both been playing F***ing gash so they can both sit on the bench as far as I'm concerned.  They need to concentrate on their little sidelines and more on the club that has made them the 'names' that they are.

I think Rafa is now in a situation were he can't afford to drop either, otherwise a lot more of the fans would end up on his back.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #25: Jan 14, 2010 07:53:51 pm
      Think it's a well known fact that Nando and Stevie have been carrying injuries all season ,bearing this in mind ,and a world cup coming up, it comes as no surprise to me when they finally say ok my body has had enough i want to heal my injuries and play my best football  ! Stevie's body language said it all last night ,he simply didn't want to carry on ,let's get our players healed ,who knows ,this could bring out the best in our players now that are left to step up to the plate
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2010 08:54:17 pm
      Out for a fortnight.

Yossi out for 3-4 weeks, and Torres 6.

The word is: fu**ed.

that's only the three main offensive players for an offensively stared team...no biggie, at least the defense will keep clean sheets...oh wait.

You're right...fu**ed.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2010 09:57:43 pm
      slightly off topic for those who have read Jamie and Stevens autobiography's does it remind you of houlliers last season in charge of liverpool?i seem to remember reading of how Gerrard and carragher lost confidence in the coaches team and tacticall decisions...that's if the rumours are true!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Jan 15, 2010 02:04:56 am
      Gerrard = scapegoat
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1647 
      Reply #29: Jan 15, 2010 10:19:08 am
      Gerrard gets off easy. I'm sick of hearing it's because his team-mates are letting him down, and how he is surrounded by sh*te. Well it's basically the same sh*te as last season. He is captain, it's up to him to get that 'sh*te' playing, and putting in the effort. (I know what the response will be, it's Rafa job, well it's Stevie's aswell.)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #30: Jan 15, 2010 10:25:28 am
      Think it's a well known fact that Nando and Stevie have been carrying injuries all season ,bearing this in mind ,and a world cup coming up, it comes as no surprise to me when they finally say ok my body has had enough I want to heal my injuries and play my best football  ! Stevie's body language said it all last night ,he simply didn't want to carry on ,let's get our players healed ,who knows ,this could bring out the best in our players now that are left to step up to the plate

Sod that mate.

So that means F**k Liverpool FC I will make sure I am ready and at my best for the world cup. Torres might as well get that hernia/groin operated on now and as for Gerrard's body language last night F***ing disgraceful.

I am tired of these two being injured in the last two seasons they have notched up barely over 20 games each.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Jan 15, 2010 10:38:31 am
      On this occasion this thread may just be a Conspiracy Theory too far.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2010 11:01:44 am
      It's weird, I thought that I didn't see Gerrard suffering in the 1st half and was surprised to see him substituted. He also didn't celebrate the goal as he should've done against a tough team in front of the kop. I'm sure there is sth behind the scenes between him and the manager...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2010 11:21:31 am
      slightly off topic for those who have read Jamie and Stevens autobiography's does it remind you of houlliers last season in charge of liverpool?i seem to remember reading of how Gerrard and carragher lost confidence in the coaches team and tacticall decisions...that's if the rumours are true!

With regard to Gerrards and Carraghers injuries - coincidentally they are both getting older,the pressure on them is greater and they are being criticised unjustly.
      Why is it Gerrards loyalty is questioned along with a shitfull of injuries and constant undermining of the manager, does THAT ring any bells? That is the sound of a full on attack on LFC.
      Then of course there is the inclusion of another brick in the wall in the form of Jamie Carragher - how could the the mans' name be used to the detriment in any way of LFC.
      By the by these are not the ramblings of an incoherent bigot these are FACTS.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 11:39:53 am by stuey »

Quick Reply