Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Where to draw the line?

Read 7367 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Re: Where to draw the line?
      Reply #46: Jan 17, 2010 09:58:32 pm
      I can't remember when I first began drawing lines but the last one was drawn last Saturday. From a different view, he played for a draw and got one, that's a beginning!

It's not a beginning is it though when he won the previous 2 Premier League games.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #47: Jan 17, 2010 10:04:37 pm
      It's not a beginning is it though when he won the previous 2 Premier League games.
      10 men Wolverhampton and a lucky stoppage-time goal are not indicators that the club has really improved and it showed by losing to Reading and by drawing Stoke.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #48: Jan 17, 2010 10:09:55 pm
      10 men Wolverhampton and a lucky stoppage-time goal are not indicators that the club has really improved and it showed by losing to Reading and by drawing Stoke.

Funny how according to you only WE score 'lucky' stoppage time goals isn't it.

I can think of a couple of others in the past week.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #49: Jan 17, 2010 10:18:05 pm
      Funny how according to you only WE score 'lucky' stoppage time goals isn't it.

I can think of a couple of others in the past week.
      I meant the Villa game, clearly the ball wasn't passed to Torres by a Liverpool player...
      While against Reading and Stoke, we deserved what we got, we played awful.
      Anyway I think it's fair to say we need luck on our side to go throw this. Any team needs luck and apparently Chelsea are a typical example of a lucky team and that's part of them being 1st now.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #50: Jan 17, 2010 10:23:25 pm
      A lot of trouble this season with the fans attitude towards Rafa is that Rafa over achieved last season, now everyone expects us to kick on and win the league, get real guys, on what we spend we have no right to go for the league, never mind win it.  We are small spenders and getting smaller each year the Americans are here, this is the forth transfer window where they have spent no money on players.  I think H & G got on at the wrong place, they came in at a time Rafa had been given a little money to spend, we were in the CL final for the second time in three years, they must have thought it was always gonna be this way, then, the bubbl;e burst and the reality spread itself over them, they hid there heads in the sand hoping it would pass, it didn't, and now they know to stand any chance of even making the CL group games, they will have to spend some money which they are reluctant to do. Where does that leave the club, in limbo, that's where they have taken us, and the only way out is for them to sell the club, no more, no less.
      martynash
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 18, 2010 12:42:42 am
      When he's had some decent money to spend on his real targets and they let him down.

Where to draw the line with our fu**ed up, gobs***e owners when Rafa does f**k-off and were left with Sammy Lee in charge of the team, because you can forget any other supposed world-class managers coming in and that includes Jose and Guus!
      id be happy with that short term......short term......oh forget it
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #52: Jan 18, 2010 05:18:37 am
      Jose had the richest club in Portugal, richest club in England and richest club in Italy to bring him success. How the F**k do people see him signing for us? And what good would he do?

Rafa > Mourinho. Fact and 2 halves.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #53: Jan 18, 2010 08:38:56 am
      A lot of trouble this season with the fans attitude towards Rafa is that Rafa over achieved last season, now everyone expects us to kick on and win the league, get real guys, on what we spend we have no right to go for the league, never mind win it.  We are small spenders and getting smaller each year the Americans are here, this is the forth transfer window where they have spent no money on players.  I think H & G got on at the wrong place, they came in at a time Rafa had been given a little money to spend, we were in the CL final for the second time in three years, they must have thought it was always gonna be this way, then, the bubbl;e burst and the reality spread itself over them, they hid there heads in the sand hoping it would pass, it didn't, and now they know to stand any chance of even making the CL group games, they will have to spend some money which they are reluctant to do. Where does that leave the club, in limbo, that's where they have taken us, and the only way out is for them to sell the club, no more, no less.

I am so hoping that they realise that things ain't going to get any better soon and decide to cut their losses. But they won't 'cos they are greedy businessmen. Business is always a risk and that's how they made their money in the first place. They knew f**k all about running a football club and we subsequently find ourselves in a fragile position.

Banks won't touch 'em with a barge pole and investors won't invest until we qualify for the CL. So there you have it.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #54: Jan 18, 2010 09:03:03 am
      Rafa has not had backing from above since the first transfer window they were involved in, after the Americans helped get Torres, it was job done as far as they were concerned. Once Rafa gets the backing to the degree of getting a certain amount each season of, say 40 mill every other year, with 20 mill in the other years, or just some real backing, then if he has trouble, then I'd not back him. But first they must give him a real chance, I'd know he wouldn't be found wanting, if you take his record so far, and on very little, it's very very good, so no, I know he would win us a trophy or three, of that I'm certain, just give him the backing.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #55: Jan 18, 2010 09:04:21 am
      Kiss success goodbye then!

We've always bought top end players, look at how much at the time the likes of Dalglish, Barnes, Beardsley cost - all at the time were top end buys.

What happens now when the top players become available, we won't be buying them because we will get gazumped by the likes of Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal and then you could even throw in the likes of Villa and Spurs.

So when we have got a new manager buying scraps, the fans currently slagging Rafa off for buying scraps, will they then kick-off at the new manager?

Only time will answer that one.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #56: Jan 18, 2010 12:11:26 pm
      So as long as he is our manager, lets support him and the team. Please!

Simples.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Jan 18, 2010 12:23:06 pm
      Where to draw the line?

Around the oppositions six yard line, have them pinned back in it and don't stop up until we have battered them into submission will do nicely for me.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #58: Jan 18, 2010 12:28:41 pm
      some people acquire their sums from sensationalist lying pr*cks like the sun. his net spend was f*ck all last summer.

plus, bringing in glen johnson and aquilani is not bad transfer business. yes I think aquilani should play more to get fitness, but after playing for 120 minutes midweek against reading whilst still getting used to the pace of the premiership, I don't blame rafa for leaving him on bench against stoke.

f*ck, the man has made us into regular top 4 finishers (more than what houllier achieved). up until this season, we have gone onto at least quarter finals of every champs lge campaign 5 years in a row and we geniunely challenged for the title last year, first time in years. one bad season plagued by injuries and classless, crass, lying, two faced c*nts running the club should not cost the man his job. this season AND the next at least before we have this debate.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #59: Jan 18, 2010 12:55:34 pm
      My mate's got a BMW.  But he wants it to be as quick and powerful as a Bugatti Veyron.

Now, you can sell any of the parts of the car you want and use that money to buy other bits.

Oh and I want £2000 back as well from the bits you sell.

When will it be ready?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #60: Jan 18, 2010 12:59:08 pm
      My mate's got a BMW.  But he wants it to be as quick and powerful as a Bugatti Veyron.

Now, you can sell any of the parts of the car you want and use that money to buy other bits.

Oh and I want £2000 back as well from the bits you sell.

When will it be ready?

So if I was to sell the interior with the full airbag kit for £1500.00, then sell the alloy wheels for £500.00 quid theres ya £2000.00 back, but where the F**k are am I getting the money from to buy the nitrous kit, the sparco bucket seats and set of steel rims ;D

Quick Reply