Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

FACTS !

Read 953 times
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 539 posts | 10 
      FACTS !
      Jan 17, 2010 05:02:27 pm
      FACTS - The Press Conference !

What the f**k was that all about?

Think the problems between Rafa and the board are a little more tense than we all know. Maybe I am wrong but for Rafa to refer to a piece of paper to say "sorry" to the fans, is to me, just a bit odd.

I believe that he has been asked to do it. He treated it like it was a joke and looked very uncomfortable with it. If he has to refer to a piece of paper the size of a postage stamp then it hasn't come from the heart.

He has been asked to do this IMO and think it is just a matter of time now that this whole situation comes to a head. If we lose to Tottenham on Wednesday, by Friday, there could be some huge back page headlines.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2010 05:04:21 pm by Reslivo »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: FACTS !
      Reply #1: Jan 17, 2010 05:03:35 pm
      I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Plus why is the thread called 'facts'?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Jan 17, 2010 05:03:58 pm
      It's called taking the piss.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #3: Jan 17, 2010 05:06:27 pm
      He was poking fun at himself - a year after the press conference he gave having about United and Fergie's control over the FA.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #4: Jan 17, 2010 05:06:46 pm
      I think there have been  quite a few huge back page head lines of utter garbage that have been going on in the last couple of weeks, months.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Jan 17, 2010 05:07:02 pm
      He was taking the piss because around this time last year, he did the same thing and ranted about Slur Alex and the press crucified him for it. Rather than rise to the bait, he took the piss out of the press.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Rafa's "facts" press conference
      Reply #6: Jan 17, 2010 05:08:35 pm
      FACT

The only reason Rafa is still at the club is because of us the fans. Those nights against Chelsea, Juve, Olympiakos, the away crowd who continually sing Rafa's name, they're the reason why Rafa hasn't walked.

He knows he's never had a support like us!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Rafa's "facts" press conference
      Reply #7: Jan 17, 2010 05:09:18 pm
      FACTS - The Press Conference !

What the f**k was that all about?

Think the problems between Rafa and the board are a little more tense than we all know. Maybe I am wrong but for Rafa to refer to a piece of paper to say "sorry" to the fans, is to me, just a bit odd.

I believe that he has been asked to do it. He treated it like it was a joke. If he has to refer to a piece of paper the size of a postage stamp then it hasn't come from the heart.

He has been asked to do this IMO and think it is just a matter of time now that this whole situation comes to a head. If we lose to Tottenham on Wednesday, by Friday, there could be some huge back page headlines.

It's referring to the press conference before the Stoke game and was a p**s take on his "rant" in the press conference before last seasons Stoke game.  
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #8: Jan 17, 2010 05:10:48 pm
      He was taking the piss because around this time last year, he did the same thing and ranted about Slur Alex and the press crucified him for it. Rather than rise to the bait, he took the piss out of the press.

He was. And it was clever.

It was also three days ago.

Quick Reply