Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (A.C. Milan)

Read 15523 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (A.C. Milan)
      Reply #23: Jan 22, 2010 04:55:22 pm
      I always wondered about Huntelaar why no one went near him till he was 26 but I was interested to see how he would go once Real decided to take the plunge.

There he was a big let down and rarely started games he did get a couple of goals but there wasn't constant mumours in the Spanish press that he was overweight and not fit. Real were delighted when AC came in with a £15 million bid. His time though in Italy has been a diaster he has started I think 6 games and has completely off the pace when he has played.

AC would be happy to see the back of him if they got a decent bid. To be honest I don't think it would be a great signing, he has failed miserably in both leagues and this is in the space of about 18 months if I was Rafa I would stay well clear of this lad. Big name but sadly doesn't seem to have the talent to back it up.

He was actually 25 when he joined Real. The main reason he took that long is because PSV dropped him at a young age, so he had to climb up from lower league clubs and didn't join Ajax till he was 22.

I disagree with alot of what you said though. He wasn't a big let down in Spain. He joined them mid season after being injured for quite some time at Ajax. It was never going to be easy. Then after a few games he started scoring and made 8 goals in 6 games! And then after not having scored for 2 games he never got a regular starting spot anymore. He only started a total of 13 games. Then all the bullshit politics started when Perez took over who had promised big signings like Benzema, so Huntelaar had to go after not even been there for 6 months. All that says nothing about Huntelaar, all the more about the absurd policies of Real. I can tell you this much, he would've done alot better this season than Benzema if they would've stuck with him.

And I know he's not a great allround striker, he is limited. He's not very fast, but he is very good in his movement and finishing. He's a box striker, the kind of striker that needs creative midfielders and wide midfielders that supply him. Which is exactly why he shouldn't have gone to Italy, they play much to defensive and rely too much on the counter. Even when you look at the midfielders Milan plays now, Beckham, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Pirlo and Gattuso, they lack width, operate almost solely through the middle. But in the end, it is his own fault for going there.

Also there is no way he could play with Torres his all round game is poor he is a good finisher that is all unless you want Torres to be creating for this lad, there is no way they would be a good partnership.

His all round game is still quite a bit better than Kuyt's though for instance. Or any other striker we currently have at Liverpool, besides Torres. I can't see why he wouldn't function together with Torres, but I think it's more important that he could function if Torres is injured.

"This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club"

If it does not represent the position of LFC then don't post it on the official site I'd say. Let gossip sites handle the gossip. It's not like all these rumours do any good to our club, the opposite even.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 22, 2010 05:34:11 pm
      Follow the link and look at the bottom

Just keep getting better .tv doesn't it...

Though, would be a good signing ;)
      They just translated from italian

@ Dexter
      If what you say is true, then he looks like the ideal player to come in and win games that we control, but can't score.
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2010 05:41:13 pm by cezar_sl »
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #25: Jan 22, 2010 06:59:02 pm
      Yep I'd have him. Better than spending 12 million on Jones and a better option than Ruud Van Nistlerooy.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #26: Jan 22, 2010 07:03:10 pm
      I agree, get him on load rafa, you know he's worth it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Jan 22, 2010 08:51:53 pm
      As you stated Dexter he is basically a finisher, there is no way in the world he could form a partnership with Torres.

Milan may have no width but then neither do we and we play on the counter a lot also so maybe he shouldn't come to us either. Still think Milan have better wide options with Beckham and now a back on form Ronaldinho.

In Spain he did score a couple of goals but they gave out about him being overweight and not fit and that is why he largely didn't play. I'm sorry I was a year out in his age when he went to Madrid.

He is a completely different player than Kuyt, Kuyt is hardworking and to be honest Huntelaar isn't.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #28: Jan 22, 2010 11:31:05 pm
      As you stated Dexter he is basically a finisher, there is no way in the world he could form a partnership with Torres.

Milan may have no width but then neither do we and we play on the counter a lot also so maybe he shouldn't come to us either. Still think Milan have better wide options with Beckham and now a back on form Ronaldinho.

In Spain he did score a couple of goals but they gave out about him being overweight and not fit and that is why he largely didn't play. I'm sorry I was a year out in his age when he went to Madrid.

He is a completely different player than Kuyt, Kuyt is hardworking and to be honest Huntelaar isn't.

Why can't he form a partnership with Torres because he's a finisher? I don't see the logic there. It only wouldn't be possible if Torres wouldn't be an allround striker who's capable of playing a more free striker role than Huntelaar, but that's not an issue.
      We have no width with Maxi and Riera on the wings? I beg to differ. And yeah, Milan is doing better now with Ronaldinho and Beckham, but the latter only just joined Milan again and Huntelaar hasn't even got the chance to play in their new more attacking formation with wingers, he was dropped before that. When they switched to that formation they started playing Boriello and he's been doing really well since, keeping Huntelaar out of the squad.

To be honest, I don't really believe this overweight stuff, at most it's gossip. I never heard about it, and I'm dutch and follow all these dutch players and their games. He has never looked fat or unfit, at most out of form due to lack of playing time. I've never heard these rumours before even in dutch media, and they were giving all the dutch at Real at that time alot of coverage. I know there was alot of stuff about vd Vaart being out of shape and fat during that time, at least alot of Spain media claiming he was.

He's not as hardworking as Kuyt, so what? Almost no other striker is as hardworking as Kuyt, that's Kuyt's biggest talent. Huntelaar will however score more goals than him, guaranteed.

And with a loan, what do we have to loose? I'd say nothing. He's not an injury prone player either.
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2010 11:36:59 pm by Dexter »
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 22, 2010 11:39:06 pm
      Would be a quality addition to our squad, id take him over Jones anyday,but would he settle for a place on the bench once Torres is fit?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Jan 22, 2010 11:44:27 pm
      Yep I'd have him. Better than spending 12 million on Jones and a better option than Ruud Van Nistlerooy.
      Exactly what I think. On loan with an option to buy, cant go wrong IMO.

Sorry Corbally mate but how can we tell if he'll work well with Torres or not. Everyone on the planet thought Fowler and Owen would be the perfect partnership but it never panned out. You just don't know these things unless you take a gamble.

I think its worth a gamble, but we could be discussing this for sweet f**k all because there could be no chance of this happening anyway.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #31: Jan 23, 2010 12:23:58 am

I'm not having any of that mate.. sorry but he does have class and works hard,his record speaks for itself!
       when you say he couldnt form a partnership,why not? i think he could or he could play a big part second half or when Torres is injured.. I'm a big fan of him & if we somehow got the hunter which seems unlikely.. I think it would be a very good transfer window.

also.. who needs hard work when you can do this..

;D

Huntelaar: Bicycle Kick King
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Jan 23, 2010 06:41:35 am
      Huntelaar. Loan. Free. Goals. Yes!
      tez
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 23, 2010 10:40:11 am
      According to SSN this morning The Blueshite have opened talks with Milan about Huntelaar , FFS Rafa pull your finger out and get this lad quick we dont want the enemy getting him !!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Jan 23, 2010 10:47:55 am
      According to SSN this morning The Blueshite have opened talks with Milan about Huntelaar , FFS Rafa pull your finger out and get this lad quick we dont want the enemy getting him !!

Fooking hell id i see him at the blueshite ill go and personally F**k up that moyes. If they are outdoing us in the transfer market then that is proff these clowns in charge need to go! Get me a liittle bit drunker than i am now and ill do it, i will i will.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #35: Jan 23, 2010 11:07:52 am
      Thats fair enough if ye are not having it it is only my opinion anyway :) but like when we signed Keane I'll go on record saying he won't work I was one of very few on here that saw he wasn't going to work either, Torres at no stage in his career has played as anything but an out and out striker even for Spain it is Villa that has to play the role of creator(Villa also is light years ahead of Huntelaar know we can't afford him though) to accomodate Torres.

Torres is the complete striker and Rafa would be crazy to start playing him in anything but up top, Dexter can Huntelaar play the Gerrard role if Torres is fit because can't see Rafa playing both of them up top that is not his system. Maybe I can see the the reason of taking him on loan but to be honest I would prefer Chamak because he is something diffferent can create chances and more suited to play with Torres and is way more flexible in where he can play.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #36: Jan 23, 2010 12:04:36 pm
      Thats fair enough if ye are not having it it is only my opinion anyway :) but like when we signed Keane I'll go on record saying he won't work I was one of very few on here that saw he wasn't going to work either, Torres at no stage in his career has played as anything but an out and out striker even for Spain it is Villa that has to play the role of creator(Villa also is light years ahead of Huntelaar know we can't afford him though) to accomodate Torres.

Torres is the complete striker and Rafa would be crazy to start playing him in anything but up top, Dexter can Huntelaar play the Gerrard role if Torres is fit because can't see Rafa playing both of them up top that is not his system. Maybe I can see the the reason of taking him on loan but to be honest I would prefer Chamak because he is something diffferent can create chances and more suited to play with Torres and is way more flexible in where he can play.

Yes but Torres isnt fit and might not be for some time. Then when he is back is there any gaurantee he will stay fit. Huntelaar on loan isnt really a risk, need another striker badly just now. If at the end of the season it hasnt worked then fine he can go back to Milan. One things for sure we have to get someone in and his goals record is outstanding.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #37: Jan 23, 2010 12:16:26 pm
      cant see it happening ,would love too have him here ,wont happen tho only 8 transfer days left look how long it took to get MAXI
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #38: Jan 23, 2010 12:21:04 pm

I would disagree that Villa is the creator, Spain play a completely different set up to Liverpool with two strikers and it is Villa who bangs them in more regularly. They rely on Iniesta and Xavi to be their creative influences.
      David Villa-  54 games for Spain, 36 goals.
      Nando- 71 games for Spain, 23 goals.

I would love to see us play with two out and out strikers, Nando and one other, be it Huntelaar, Villa or one of our own lads.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Jan 23, 2010 12:34:50 pm
      Yes but Torres isnt fit and might not be for some time. Then when he is back is there any gaurantee he will stay fit. Huntelaar on loan isnt really a risk, need another striker badly just now. If at the end of the season it hasnt worked then fine he can go back to Milan. One things for sure we have to get someone in and his goals record is outstanding.

You're spot on buddy.

Whether or not we (fans) think Huntelaar is 'the best' is immaterial - unless, of course, one wants him to come and subsequently, fail just so that one can say "i told you so."

We need a striker now and (because we've NO F***ing money) our options are limited. In an ideal world, with a proper budget, chances are that Huntelaar or Jones (for e.g.) would not be first option but we have NO F***ing choice. The sooner some realise that, the better.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jan 23, 2010 12:39:34 pm
      Redcraig Villa plays behind Torres Villa might get more goals but Torres leads there line with Villa just behind that is the way they play. Huntelaar does not have as much to his game as Villa in my opinion and would not be able to play the same role as Villa does for Spain.

But look Huntelaar is better than some of the strikers linked to us lately and at least the link is a step in the right direction just not for me and to be honest can't see this deal happening anyway.

I agree we need someone on loan for the rest of the season and if it was Huntelaar I wouldn't be to disappointed just don't want to sign him on a inflated transfer fee like Real and AC did.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #41: Jan 23, 2010 12:47:22 pm
      Whatever the chance of signing Huntelaar there is none of signing Villa so lets forget about him
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Jan 23, 2010 12:52:10 pm
      I'm trying not to comment too much in the transfer boards, so I don't build myself up just to be knocked down as that final second passes and the window closes.

For as much as I think a loan signing of Huntelaar carries very little risk and would be a worthy addition in the sense that we need a free scoring forward, I just can not see it happening, although I'd like to be proved wrong.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2010 12:55:17 pm
      Dutch media are reporting Milan are indeed looking to loan Huntelaar out, but also that they're in negotiations with Blueshite about it, no mention of us.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2010 01:21:26 pm
      Not a fan of Huntelaar. But, wouldn't mind us getting him on loan. If we set the team around him till Torres is back, he will be kickass.   

-----------------Huntelaar----------------- 

Yossi-----Gerrard-----Aquilani-----Maxi 

----------------Mascherano--------------- 

Fabio------Agger-------Carra-------Glen 

---------------------Pepe-------------------- 

This team has abundance of creativity in it. So, a finisher like Hunter would just be fine in this formation.   

But if we include Dirk in it, then the whole team would become average because we would then have three players in our front six, who aren't good on the ball.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #45: Jan 23, 2010 01:21:46 pm
      Klaas in and Babel out thats what me thinks.

Quick Reply