Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Some one Some where is going to get a "Real" spanking.

Read 1898 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Some one Some where is going to get a "Real" spanking.
      Jan 31, 2010 08:23:24 pm
      Over half the season has passed and I've watched some pretty dire Liverpool performances this season, however what I seen yesterday filled me with optimism that optimism being our lads haven't actually forgotten how to play football.

Now the signs were there yesterday we were playing some very aesthetically pleasing football, zipping the ball around on the floor with pace and the movement off the ball was fantastic at times, very reminiscent of the football we were playing towards the back end of last season where we were sweeping teams aside and making it look easy, most notably "Real Madrid" and all that with some of our "Key" players still missing due to injury.

Now the question I'm asking is...out of our remaining fixtures who's going to get a "Real" spanking this season, some poor team is due it and will feel the backlash of a frustrating season for our lads.

I'm going for Portsmouth at home on the 15.03.2010 , I can see a whopping 6-0 drubbing here providing all our key players are fit.
      shepdyn
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Some one Somewhere is going to get a "Real" spanking.
      Reply #1: Jan 31, 2010 08:28:46 pm
      maybe unirea on the 18th
      not been to anfield before whats the chance of getting a couple of tickets for this fixture
      i have no membership ect for liverpool fc
      but hoping to see a match from the famous kop
      hoping the club will be selling tickets to the general public
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Some one Somewhere is going to get a "Real" spanking.
      Reply #2: Jan 31, 2010 08:29:17 pm
      I'll go for Everton, this weekend :D

Nah but seriosuly I'd have to disagree, I don't think since beating Hull we have looked like spanking anybody, against Bolton yesterday, we still had some real scares, I still think we are a little bit edgy.

Seen this so often this season, we begin to think, hope and beleive our season in on track then we stutter again. If we beat Everton, I would reckon on us putting 3 or 4 past pompey though, and perhaps against Unirea in the EUROPA, like we should have done against Debrecen.

Hope your right though Red.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Re: Some one Some where is going to get a "Real" spanking.
      Reply #3: Jan 31, 2010 08:32:03 pm
      Old Trafford again.

If I'm honest we need Torres back to hand out a real thrashing to someone.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 31, 2010 08:34:26 pm
      there are positives but I think it's too early-  we could have easily conceded 2 goals yesterday against an ordinary Bolton, and lost to the afore-mentioned Portsmouth not long ago.
      On a positive (and slightly off topic) - we are 13 point behind Chelsea - considering our shambolic season, if you reverse defeats at Portsmouth and Sunderland to wins and translate say the draw at Wolves into three points we would be in a title race atm, which at least offers some optimism for next season
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Jan 31, 2010 08:42:42 pm
      If we had torres yesterday we would of won 5-0 easily

Ngog was replaced with torres he would of bagged another hat trick possibly
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 31, 2010 08:46:15 pm
      If we had torres yesterday we would of won 5-0 easily

Ngog was replaced with torres he would of bagged another hat trick possibly

There are too many ifs and buts with Torres - I think we have to accept that the Torres we were treated to in 07/08 was the exception, not the norm - he is a great player but a 30 game per season player, hence incapable of inspiring us to the league - in the summer we need another option to him (or dare I say it the £70M he could generate)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Jan 31, 2010 08:46:33 pm
      there are positives but I think it's too early-  we could have easily conceded 2 goals yesterday against an ordinary Bolton.

We could have also put another 3 past them Jaskalinen's save from Gerrard, N'Gog's scuffed effort that hit the upright, Maxi almost got on the end of Insua's cross, on another day who knows ?
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #8: Jan 31, 2010 08:49:54 pm
      There are too many ifs and buts with Torres - I think we have to accept that the Torres we were treated to in 07/08 was the exception, not the norm - he is a great player but a 30 game per season player, hence incapable of inspiring us to the league - in the summer we need another option to him (or dare I say it the £70M he could generate)

Wouldn't sell ever!

We are building a team that can last for the few years like Arsenal's young guns!
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 31, 2010 08:54:18 pm
      Wouldn't sell ever!

We are building a team that can last for the few years like Arsenal's young guns!

Neither would I as for one you could never trust the Yanks with the cash.
      However, if you got a cast iron guarantee that it could all be re-invested in the team then I would be tempted - as ask yourself; in the past 2 years, how often have we seen Fernando Torres at full pelt? Whatever the answer is, it's not been often enough
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Jan 31, 2010 08:56:41 pm
      Neither would I as for one you could never trust the Yanks with the cash.
      However, if you got a cast iron guarantee that it could all be re-invested in the team then I would be tempted - as ask yourself; in the past 2 years, how often have we seen Fernando Torres at full pelt? Whatever the answer is, it's not been often enough

Yes i understand where your coming from but i couldn't dare see him not in a LFC shirt. He plays outstanding for us and the way we having been playing recently he will love coming back into the club as we have played great and making more options and best of all we are attacking.

At reading game we didn't even attack and the fans were shouting attack it was appaling. Its as if we were the Championship side and Reading were 5th
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 31, 2010 08:59:33 pm
      That backlash will happen.. Some will say Pompey but I think it will be bigger side..

It could have happened yesterday.

We need to pump up that goal difference..
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Jan 31, 2010 09:01:30 pm

Quick Reply