Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Next season

Read 3286 times
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Next season
      May 23, 2007 09:48:56 pm
      Many of you will think this, but we can't let the disappointment of losing the final to get to Liverpool. The club will now have to look forward to clearing out the dead wood, and getting towards a proper title challenge next season. People can't dwell on a defeat in a final, even If it is the Champions League. Give yourself hope with the knowledge that for Liverpool, the future is very bright. So I say, roll on next season.
      Woolfie30
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Next season
      Reply #1: May 23, 2007 10:56:52 pm
      To look forward to next season!!!!!! What will it bring?????

After the absolute bitter gut-wrenching defeat to, well lets face it a poor Milan side. I can only hope that Rafa sorts out our striking problem. After a night in Athens at a match we dominated from start to finish I feel our lack of a 30 goals a season man has yet again let us down. We were shown the way by Inzaghi. Even at his twilight years a proven goal scorer no matter how old, if he has a chance or two (cos thats all he had) can hurt a team no matter how much possession they have. With the chances we had on the night we could sorry should have made it 6 European Cup wins , but for lack of that goal scorer we would have.
      So heres to the future, to the potential that this team has got (lets just buy the correct players)

Well done lads, You did us all PROUD!!!!!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: May 23, 2007 11:00:59 pm
      I have to agree with you drawde, but it hurts when you have dominated for most of the game !!   An out and out striker is what we need next season,  we had enough chances to finish this game but didnt, totally gutted but still looking forward, feel sorry for all the Reds that have got to travel back home in misery, i'm sure they'll keep their heads up and do us proud yet again  :scarf:     
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #3: May 23, 2007 11:06:41 pm
      get a decent striker ,stuff champions league,lets go for the league title.YNWA
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #4: May 24, 2007 09:21:44 am
      We must keep mescherano in the team!!ke is superb!! do u even c kaka on the pitch??whose kaka?? ??? ;D strikar!!!striker!!! we need striker!!! zenden will surely be shown the door. poor2 performance... but overall the team is great!! next year we will win it again!! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #5: May 24, 2007 09:47:05 am
      I agree.  Mascherano needs tying down as a Liverpool player - absolutely imperative that that deal is done. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,331 posts | 4959 
      Reply #6: May 24, 2007 09:50:32 am
      What's the official line on his contract JD?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: May 24, 2007 09:52:58 am
      Yeah I thought we'd signed him? I can't see him wanting to leave, even though we lost, we got to the final, and outplayed the Italian cheats.
      At least 2nd place next sesason I think.. if we get a GOALSCORER in!
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #8: May 24, 2007 10:28:23 am
      Gotta experience the lows to really appreciate the high's, bring on next season.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: May 24, 2007 10:55:06 am
      Looking forward to seeing who rafa buys personally i think we are only 3 or 4 players short of challenging for the league and weve got Luis Garcia to come back he likes a goal or 2 in europe.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #10: May 24, 2007 10:57:14 am
      weve got Luis Garcia to come back he likes a goal or 2 in europe.

We missed little Garcia last night...he would have done the 'Gerrard role' on the night.

Woah 100 posts to me! So soon!! ;D
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #11: May 24, 2007 12:54:07 pm
      Still a little sour over the game. I had a hard time sleeping. But alreading looking forward to next season. Not to throw a wrench in everything, but in addition to obtaining a finisher, lets also work on defending in set plays. Its killing us.
      Clive 242
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #12: May 24, 2007 01:32:47 pm
      Looking forward to seeing who rafa buys personally I think we are only 3 or 4 players short of challenging for the league and weve got Luis Garcia to come back he likes a goal or 2 in europe.

I agree there, Garcia is an infuentional player in the team, He's a little terrier and had he played last night just might of had his thumb in his mouth a few times, He is missed by the team i'm sure of that. Oh Hum, Lets see who comes and goes in the summer, Zenden was a poor choice last night, Kwell should have been on from the start when things where looking good' :-\
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #13: May 24, 2007 01:57:25 pm
      We have missed Garcia in a lot of games this season, Zenden wot a waste last nite, there will be a lot of players leaving in the summer and i think there it will be intresting in who rafa brings in.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #14: May 24, 2007 04:02:06 pm
      For the first time since the summer of 2001/2002, i feel really excited about next season, with the money we have we no longer have the excuse of 'we couldn't compete financially'.
      Predictions for next season
      League: 1st
      Champions league: semi finals (but i wouldn't rule out another final!)
      FA Cup: quaters
      League cup: Who cares?!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #15: May 24, 2007 10:43:57 pm
      I have to agree with you Liverbird, It's a long time since I felt we had an awesome season awaiting us. Iv'e wanted it to happen every year but never really believed we had the squad. With what we've currently, got and the funds to strengthen again, I can't wait for next season !
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #16: May 25, 2007 06:50:30 am
      I also have to agree can't wait for the next season and for the players Rafa is going to bring in
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #17: May 25, 2007 12:45:36 pm
      missing football all ready  :'(

to all the players leaving, I wish you well and hope your successfull wherever you end up.
      to all the players arriving - realise who Liverpool are, what it means to us supporters and play your hearts out !

the future is bright for us - roll on August !!!
      Cy
      Reply #18: May 25, 2007 01:30:12 pm
      I cannot wait for August either, this will be a very very important season because everything is in place to win the league, Benitez knows who he want and the owner told us that he could have what he ask for, our top players are staying. There will be no excuses next season, premiership has to be priority number one.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #19: May 25, 2007 02:21:50 pm
      Never been so excited 4 next season, i think we can win the league and other trophys i really believe we can do it.
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #20: May 25, 2007 03:57:58 pm
      One word.....Premiership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: May 25, 2007 06:26:22 pm
      Premiership! That's our only aim next season! Wouldn't mind an FA cup and European Cup again like, but as long as the league campaign improves and pushes us further then I will be happy!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,878 posts | 6815 
      Reply #22: May 26, 2007 05:57:03 am
      stupid question...but when does the next season start....what date August and has the fixture been done yet? gotta work out when I'm coming ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #23: May 26, 2007 07:27:42 am
      Fixtures are released on 14-06-2007 Aussiered  :action-smiley-065:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,878 posts | 6815 
      Reply #24: May 27, 2007 01:34:30 am
      thanks smiggs :ernaehrung004:
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #25: May 27, 2007 01:46:47 am
      can't wait until next season let's be positive i feel that this could be a special season if the money is made available to Rafa and if he makes the right signings which I'm sure he will ,any big name players will have a positive effect on current players and the way we play we definitely need to go all out on the premiership.
      DevilnAngel
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #26: May 27, 2007 05:42:07 am
      hope nxt season we will bring back the trophy to anfield..
      tho rafa should let crouch in earlier in athens..
      amemon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #27: May 27, 2007 08:06:17 am
      i can't wait for next season!!
      beanie
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #28: May 27, 2007 09:27:41 am
      18 years no title that has 2 be our 1st target.every year I think this is our year. prove me wrong & win it. :champ: new players will help. espesially up front. then european cup.( torres or david villa ?) :soccer_h4h:
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2007 09:30:31 am by beanie »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: May 27, 2007 12:03:28 pm
      stupid question...but when does the next season start....what date August and has the fixture been done yet? gotta work out when I'm coming ;D
      I'm not too sure about the Premiership, but the Championship season starts August 11th. Not sure if they are the same or different.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #30: May 27, 2007 03:14:33 pm
      We need the Tltle next season we cant keep going on about our history of 18 league titleS
      We still havent won the Premiership yet !!!!
      We need to make a decision on what we want most as it is hard to fight on all fronts

In Rafa we trust ,but he needs the funds for world class players

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: May 27, 2007 03:37:21 pm
      I'm confident we can win the the title next season, if Rafa is given his funds to get cracking, sooner rather than later. I want to see some wheels in motion on important buys.
      One thing which is very important to us next season is making a very good start to the league campaign. Then we can play as we mean to go on. So for us to do this, means not being too "sleepy" pre season like other seasons and preparing much sooner on ALL fronts!!!!
      This is very important!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: May 27, 2007 04:18:07 pm
      When is the transfer window open as some teams are already signing players but other countries are still playing?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: May 27, 2007 04:27:43 pm
      When is the transfer window open as some teams are already signing players but other countries are still playing?

I think it's 1st June - 31st August mate.

Quick Reply