Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Wanted: New Liverpool manager. Must have GSOH

Read 12022 times
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Re: Wanted: New Liverpool manager. Must have GSOH
      Reply #23: Jan 28, 2010 11:14:05 pm
      And most of that is down to the players down on the field not trying enough, we can all see the lack of passion. Rafa is making some mistakes, yes, but a side with Gerrard, Kuyt, Riera and Maxi Rodriguez in the attacking roles the other day should have been able to beat Wolves, regardless of how the rest of the team was set up.

Then the money issue, well if you expect a title challenge every season just because we are Liverpool, then you are just a glory hunter and should start to learn a bit more about how this sport works these days. Glory hunter? I dint think so...

So you think 4 players in the team is good enough to beat Wolves? 1 Riera playing his second game in 6 weeks. 2 Maxi Not played a full 90 minutes since September. 3 Gerrard just back from injury.  4 Kuyt, our right winger for 90 % of this season playing up front expected to get goals.  Rafa has ruined the first team confidence by either dropping them or not playing them enough.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6798 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Jan 28, 2010 11:15:28 pm
      This is actually a damn good article, ignoring it would be ignoring the reality I feel. Balanced, admits Rafa has his faults as most do, but acknowledges that he is only partly to blame, and that getting rid of him may be the worst thing for the club at this stage.

Spot on bigv ....it's nice to see that someone else can see the sh*t this club is facing other than the majority of us on here.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Jan 28, 2010 11:27:42 pm
      So you think 4 players in the team is good enough to beat Wolves? 1 Riera playing his second game in 6 weeks. 2 Maxi Not played a full 90 minutes since September. 3 Gerrard just back from injury.  4 Kuyt, our right winger for 90 % of this season playing up front expected to get goals.  Rafa has ruined the first team confidence by either dropping them or not playing them enough.

Hmm, i do believe there were 11 players out there :roll:

I said that with those four in the attacking roles, and the support from behind, they should have been able to beat Wolves, regardless of injury issues. If they were starting, they should have been fit enough to make an impact. We know Rafa rarely takes to much risk with injured players unless they are good enough to make an impact.

Rafa has had this same plan for years, he picks a different team all the time. The players know this, so i don't see that as an excuse for player confidence.

Again, im not excusing Rafa's gaffs he has made, but all managers do it. Fact is when he has a fit team, and the players he wants, he can do wonders as we saw last season. Throw in players horribly off form, the situation at the moment is what happens. They have been off form since pre-season as well, hardly Rafa dropping them at any time has made that happen. They seem to have expected last season just to continue, and now we are in this sh*t hole, they don't know how to dig their way out. And as much as Rafa can try in the locker room, they have to still do it out there.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #26: Jan 28, 2010 11:28:22 pm
      So you think 4 players in the team is good enough to beat Wolves? 1 Riera playing his second game in 6 weeks. 2 Maxi Not played a full 90 minutes since September. 3 Gerrard just back from injury.  4 Kuyt, our right winger for 90 % of this season playing up front expected to get goals.  Rafa has ruined the first team confidence by either dropping them or not playing them enough.

Id like to see you do Rafa's job for a month mate & put up with the amount of sh*t he has to put up with behind the scenes
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2010 11:37:49 pm
      Id like to see you do Rafa's job for a month mate & put up with the amount of sh*t he has to put up with behind the scenes

Rafa made one substibution in the game. Nothing to do with anything behind the scenes.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2010 11:42:07 pm
      Rafa made one substibution in the game. Nothing to do with anything behind the scenes.

Does this look like the post-match thread to you? Yeah, a mistake maybe, but this thread is about the bigger picture.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Jan 28, 2010 11:44:51 pm
      I'm off to bury my head in the sand and blame the tea lady as LFC-Red would say  :roll:
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 28, 2010 11:46:03 pm
      Yes there was 11 out there. Only 4 that could score though? player confidence is at an all time low. Why not Pick Aquilani? if not start him why not chuck him on when its 0-0 with 20 mins to go? To me it looks like Rafa is biting his nose off to spite his face and that isn't going to get any points. I can clearly see the support for Rafa, but why? the expectations of this club has dropped so  much. This time last season we were about 20 points better off. Come on boys we deserve better.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #31: Jan 28, 2010 11:46:33 pm
      Anyway...back on Topic....the article is a damn good 1, and gives those who are unsure abar what is happening to our beloved club a heads up. It also shows how many constraints we have to work with, and also a little insight into why we arent upto scratch this season.

Roll on saturday, 3 points please redmen ;D
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #32: Jan 28, 2010 11:56:23 pm
      WANTED  - new owners

Must have a good business acument, be good at balancing books one way only, have a disregard for sport and any sporting traditions.
      Only apply if you have the morals of Gollum or Adolf Hitler. Please reply to current owners   shits and will-get.

The front runners

1. Poundland
      2. Poundstretcher
      3. Netto                        4. fantasy channel             5. The samaritans,     6. goodexchange.com   7. salvation army
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #33: Jan 29, 2010 12:09:36 am
      I'm off to bury my head in the sand and blame the tea lady as LFC-Red would say  :roll:

I'm gonna go beat the sh*te out if the tea lady and then bury her in the sand, the F***ing season ruining bi*ch :laugh:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Jan 29, 2010 12:13:19 am
      I'm gonna go beat the sh*te out if the tea lady and then bury her in the sand, the F***ing season ruining bi*ch :laugh:

Well tell her mines coffee, milk 2 sugars before you do :D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #35: Jan 29, 2010 12:13:29 am
      I'm gonna go beat the sh*te out if the tea lady and then bury her in the sand, the f**king season ruining bi*ch :laugh:
      I'll bet her name is Senorita Benitez no?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36: Jan 29, 2010 01:39:52 am
      I'm with bigv on this. How can some see through how it is highlighting the exact situation we are in?

If Rafa leaves, we have to start again with pittance. That means:

- Pay off Rafa
      - Pay new manager
      - Pay for new staff
      - Pay off old staff
      - Buy new players while selling other ones (which means whatever this new manager sells, he'll have half of that to buy his players with)

And that's just the top. And with how much money? Not very much at all.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #37: Jan 29, 2010 01:47:04 am
      If Rafa leaves then we wont have to pay him off.
      The thing that always gets me is, why cant a manager work with the previous managers staff, it makes no sense, they are all professionals.
      Imagine if you was a manager in industry and left and the workplace had to replace your whole team, it just doesnt happen in other businesses.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Jan 29, 2010 01:51:04 am
      The thing that always gets me is, why cant a manager work with the previous managers staff, it makes no sense, they are all professionals.
      Imagine if you was a manager in industry and left and the workplace had to replace your whole team, it just doesnt happen in other businesses.

Because with different managers come different tactics, understanding of the game etc. More than one way to do this job.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #39: Jan 29, 2010 01:53:49 am
      Yes there was 11 out there. Only 4 that could score though?

Keep on topic for fucks sake.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #40: Jan 29, 2010 02:21:47 am
      Rafa did that when he took over Houllier's job.
      He did the changes. Took about 5 seasons get rid all foreign players under Houllier. 5 seasons.
      Do you expect if new manager took over Rafa's job, he'll make immediate changes, whole team?
      Avram Grant, Mancini, Ancelotti also took over from previous managers, they changed whole team immediately?
      If there's any changes, I don't think new manager would let players like Reina, Carra, Torres, Mascherano, Agger, Gerrard... leave.

If a new manager to be appointed, depend on what Anfield Board want to achieve.
      If they want experience with winning league, it could be Rijkaard.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2010 02:35:39 am by alliphone »
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 29, 2010 02:36:42 am
      Only 2 men who could do this job (working with tight budget) other than Rafa.. King Kenny or Hiddink but I prefer Rafa
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #42: Jan 29, 2010 03:59:03 am
      I prefer Rafa to go.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #43: Jan 29, 2010 04:10:20 am

Oh we know, we know :roll:
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #44: Jan 29, 2010 06:10:28 am
      We are caught in a vicious circle for sure.Get rid of Rafa and because of the financial implications involved resulting from paying off his compensation and putting together a decent transfer kitty to attract a new manager would plunge the club even deeper into crisis.However we can't even afford things to continue like this with Rafa repeating the same mistakes season after season.The best resolution under present circumstances would be Rafa to continue for another season and for him to somehow realise that the reason for us not being competitive enough in the league is giving much more respect to the smaller clubs than they deserve.Be a bit brave Rafa,we still trust you and will stand by you even more if you give the fans the kind of football they wish to see being played by our team.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #45: Jan 29, 2010 07:05:03 am
      I fully agree with the article where it says that it is the boardroom and balance sheets that need to change.I bet Houllier has a smile on his face these days and thanks Moores and Parry for getting rid of him before the terrible twins arrived at Anfield and started us on the path to ruin.It will be interesting to see what support the anti RAFA brigade give to RAFAS replacement when he finds that there is no cash available for new players.One other question,how many threads are we going to have on RAFA,could they not be condensed into one under the heading RAFA.

Quick Reply