Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Isn't it just appalling?

Read 6092 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Isn't it just appalling?
      Jan 29, 2010 06:58:43 pm
      The Winter transfer Window shuts in two days.....

And we have not carried out any meaningful transaction in the entire month that the window has remained open.

No fill-in striker for injured Torres!

We have been inundated with silly stories about possible summer transfers... F#&k that!

How is it that the transfer period is allowed to pass us by?

We spent the entire period talking about K. Jones? why not just use Babel then?

All that talk about Hunterlaar and the other strikers? empty talks

And the Maxi guy? it's still too early to judge; but right now? I say Degen.

Isn't it just disgusting to be owned by some nitwits who couldn't care less about the club?

So pissed!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: Isn't it just appalling?
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2010 07:09:30 pm
      We must have the most limited striking options in the prem , our rivals for the fourth spot have at least 4 strikers each , any decent player on loan would do us until the summer plus bring Nemeth back would give us a better chance to get that precious champions league spot , hope a deal can be done in the next few days .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Jan 29, 2010 07:21:29 pm
      After last summer we got exactly what I expected Sweet F.A., in monetary value anyway.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jan 29, 2010 08:14:04 pm
      Cant believe Maxi is being questioned after 2 weeks and 1 start
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #4: Jan 29, 2010 08:36:55 pm

I'm pleased with the signing of Maxi as I didn't really expect anything from this transfer window. He is a proven quality international player and our squad is stronger with him in it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jan 29, 2010 08:42:17 pm
      It is appalling, but what do you expect with no money  :(
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,514 posts | 2873 
      Reply #6: Jan 29, 2010 08:43:38 pm
      It's appalling but with this two cu*ts in charge it's what to expect and we should expect more of it in the future until they move on.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #7: Jan 29, 2010 08:50:33 pm

No one is questioning Maxi. But you can hardly forget that blunder where he had a good run at the keeper and the choked. His first game. The second game? he cuts in a lot like Benayoun.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jan 29, 2010 08:52:38 pm
      Even if we had money though it wouldn't have been a great transfer window because the winter one never really sees any big deals go through. Also clubs don't want to lose a key striker or anything in the middle of the season. Think this transfer window just seems appalling because of how much we were sh*t on by the owners back in the summer window.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #9: Jan 30, 2010 12:13:29 am
      I heard it was 20 Million then 12 Million then 8 Million.....Blah,blah,blah.

Those 2 f***in' pricks, have lied from the day they took control.

I wont judge the Maxi Rodriguez signing until he gets more time on the pitch.  What I have seen so far is a young player with a good leg, solid passing and field vision. He's conditioned, he seems to like it at Anfield and is proud to be here.  He's not a top 10 world player, but lets see what he does. His first game he sh*t the bed a little, but I'm sure that any ones first start for the mighty LFC will give anyone some nerves. 

One good thing, he's an Argentine player. They play straight balls out, full speed, take no prisoners Football.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #10: Jan 30, 2010 12:26:13 am
      Mates the fact about this topic is that as we are now a "selling club", other clubs realise our weak negotiating position,so it's difficult for the manager to conclude deals to the club's advantage,and with no transfer funds in reserve,his job is practically impossible to improve the squad.No f*cking wonder Juve looks tempting.But remember folks who the f*ck else of any stature would take on this task?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Jan 30, 2010 02:00:18 am
      So we made another 6m in profits this window. I'd love to see the chart JD put up a little while back, updated.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #12: Jan 30, 2010 07:29:36 am
      So we made another 6m in profits this window. I'd love to see the chart JD put up a little while back, updated.

Was going to make the same point, it's not only shocking that we didn't spend to buy cover for our injured players, but yet again we made a profit, and not a small one.

Now we've heard the ready prepared spin the Yanks have put on the situation - the window is a poor one in terms of the quality available, Rafa will have the money in the summer, and that the summer will be "big" for LFC.

Do we actually believe any of that?

The biggest comment for me was the one about the quality of player. Following the logic of this statement, we should be expecting Rafa to be signing a (or several) world class player in the summer who would clearly want CL football. Not bargain basement, not second or third choice. Top talent.

Whilst I'm hardly waiting on the edge of my seat for the summer transfer window, we should remember these statements.

More lies? More bullshit? More rubbing us up the right way only to F**k us over twice as hard afterward?

I just hope we won't be spending another two months biting our nails, hoping our best players will stay. Put your F***ing money where your mouthes are you lying Yank tw*ts, invest (that word you know so little about) in our squad, and reinstall some confidence in the club as a whole.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Jan 30, 2010 07:34:51 am
      We all know this is just in preparation for the big summer we are going to get, so calm down lads.

*This post contains high levels of sarcasm. Caution is advised*
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #14: Jan 30, 2010 07:40:31 am
      While im not surprised these two pricks didnt invest in the sqaud i hoped we would have added a bit more than just Maxi.

Given the fact we really need to push on and get fourth i really hoped we would spend some cash to try and achieve it, i didnt expect multi millions but maybe at least spend what we brought in.

We all know what the financial situation is but when Rafa cant add to the squad at a time when we are desperate for at least another striker really is a concern.

Im just hoping H&G are not spending any more cash because they are going to piss off in the summer, unlikley but i can only hope.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Jan 30, 2010 08:53:19 am
      So we made another 6m in profits this window.

Correction crouchino,it looks like Hicks and Gillette are the ones making the profit.With all the injuries we have had this season you would of thought that those two BAST*ARDS would of given RAFA the cash to buy a couple of decent players.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Jan 30, 2010 09:18:25 am
      Ya look on the bright side we made £6.5 million to pay off the debts :mad:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Jan 30, 2010 09:23:32 am

Well taking that 6 million into equation we have an average 10 million net spend per season since H&G took over 3 years 30 million spent...laughable.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2010 10:27:56 am by RedLFCBlood »
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #18: Jan 30, 2010 10:18:19 am
      Well taking that 6 million into equation we have an average 10 million net spend per transfer window since H&G took over 3 years 30 million spent...laughable.

Just appalling!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Jan 30, 2010 10:29:14 am

It is when Rafael Benitez is expected to challenge for Domestic and European success.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 30, 2010 10:35:20 am
      Calm down everyone.
      This is better than spending more and more and then get into administration, being relegated and down in the third division.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #21: Jan 30, 2010 10:37:09 am
      Calm down everyone.
      This is better than spending more and more and then get into administration, being relegated and down in the third division.

Well we've sold £6m worth of players, and brought in one free signing. That's not right.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #22: Jan 30, 2010 10:37:18 am
      why u guys always blame the owners?? we had the same team last season and finished 2nd..

we have lost Alonso, but a superior player (Lucas) is playing in his position.. aquilani is a waste of money. greek dude has done well.. do you think he came for free??? the owners paid for him..

gerrard, torres, reina all extended their contracts.. did rafa take his paycheck from his pocket and donated for their extensions?? no.. the owners did.

it's not owners fault that Alonso and Hyypia left.. it's not owners fault that Babel is warming the bench every week.. and it's not owners fault that Aquilani can't even start against a sure fire relegation team..

number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #23: Jan 30, 2010 10:39:26 am
      why u guys always blame the owners?? we had the same team last season and finished 2nd..

Crap, you talk too much sense here, go away!!!

By the way, we just need better attacking players, that's all.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #24: Jan 30, 2010 10:45:03 am
      we have good attacking players.. half of them are injured or mistreated by the manager..

i'm just not happy that everyone blame everything on the owners when they have been responsible for bringing Torres, Benayoun, Skrtel and Aquilani to the club.. and they don't put the starting xi every week.. and they are not directly responsible for the failures on the pitch..

I'm not against the Pro Rafas here.. but show some common sense once in a while and appreciate the owners too.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Jan 30, 2010 10:54:11 am
      but show some common sense once in a while and appreciate the owners too.

Common sense?!?! Lad, you have none of it if you are saying things like that. Oh they brought us Torres, Yossi, Skrtel, Aquilani blah blah F***ing blah. Chelsea owners and man shitty owners can do that in a day if they want. Not saying i want owners just to splash cash everywhere, but we need more of that. Secondly, Skrtel and Yossi were cheap buys so no big spending there. And thirdly, Aquilani was bought from the PROFIT Rafa made on selling Alonso, whom he bought in the first place long before H&G turned up.

Seriously :roll:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Jan 30, 2010 10:56:03 am
      why u guys always blame the owners??

Lmfao do you think 10 million net per season 5 million net per window is a good enough transfer budget for a club chasing  Domestic and European success ?.

When you are looking to solve a problem you look for the root cause of the problem, in our case the root cause of our problem starts in the boardroom.

To highlight that, we sold Alonso for 30 million in the summer then sold Arbeloa for 4 million and Sebastian Leto for 4 million thats 38 million raised through player sales.

Aquilani 20 million, Glen Johnson 18 million 8 million Owed from Crouch deal, Sotis 2.5 million.

thats 40.5 million spent during the summer transfer window, minus the money owed re-couped through sales our wonderful owners spent 2.5 million.

This window we have sold 2 players amounting to 6.5 million and signed a free transfer... So  our transfer budget for the whole season has been nothing Rafa has actually made 4 million profit in the market !!!!!

Tell me again who should I blame for our clubs fortunes ?

I'm not against the Pro Rafas here.. but show some common sense once in a while and appreciate the owners too.

You want to practice what you preach cherub. ???

As I'm sure Rafa's wheeling and dealing, selling players he would possibly have liked to keep resulted in the likes of Benayoun, Torres, Skrtel etc being here the Yanks played no other part in that than saying If you want Torres you'll have to trim the squad and make the money yourself to get him, due to the sell to buy constraints Rafa works under.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2010 11:08:55 am by RedLFCBlood »
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #27: Jan 30, 2010 11:07:15 am

what chart would this be?
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #28: Jan 30, 2010 12:50:21 pm
      Dani Pacheco is here boys don't worry

but rafa doesnt believe in youth
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Jan 30, 2010 12:52:47 pm

OoOoOoOohhhhhhh Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #30: Jan 30, 2010 12:58:11 pm
      OoOoOoOohhhhhhh Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

It is true though

He doesn't give them a bigger chance, i know we all moaned about squad rotation but if the players are the scoring for fun in the reserves play them

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Jan 30, 2010 01:04:17 pm
      It is true though

He doesn't give them a bigger chance, i know we all moaned about squad rotation but if the players are the scoring for fun in the reserves play them

The EPL is a big step up from the reserves & given our current form I'm every bit convinced, Rafa is trying to protect the younger lads, if we were tonking teams, I'm sure Pacheco would get his chance, however have you ever thought Rafa might be protecting the young  guns by not placing so much expectancy on their young shoulders & maybe just maybe he's protecting the younger guns from the media slaughtering they "Would" get if things did not go according to plan  ?
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #32: Jan 30, 2010 01:07:29 pm
      Well look at Arsene his young guns play well and he has to take that risk

The media = full of hate, they live on hate.

Bad news makes good news right?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Jan 30, 2010 01:19:38 pm
      Well look at Arsene his young guns play well and he has to take that risk

The media = full of hate, they live on hate.

Bad news makes good news right?

One question what has Wenger won with his kids ?

Did they not have an indifferent season last ?

YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #34: Jan 30, 2010 01:28:36 pm
      One question what has Wenger won with his kids ?

Did they not have an indifferent season last ?

Nothing i believe or can recall but seems to have more success than us as they are above us and have had a better season than us.

I would just like to see rafa mix it up instead of same old liverpool, its predictable
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Jan 30, 2010 01:32:15 pm
      Nothing i believe or can recall but seems to have more success than us as they are above us and have had a better season than us.

I would just like to see rafa mix it up instead of same old liverpool, its predictable

They did not have a better season than us last season though did they and thats my point, if we were flying Rafa would put more faith in the kids...at the moment he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't because if he does he'll get slaughtered for playing kids. if he doesn't he gets slaughtered for not playing them, in the scenario of playing the kids and we lose they also get slaughtered by the media.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #36: Jan 30, 2010 01:36:11 pm
      They did not have a better season than us last season though did they and thats my point, if we were flying Rafa would put more faith in the kids...at the moment he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't because if he does he'll get slaughtered for playing kids. if he doesn't he gets slaughtered for not playing them, in the scenario of playing the kids and we lose they also get slaughtered by the media.

Fair point but i dont see the point in looking for jones to come on loan or get rid of babel. Just needs to look into the youth of our squad and play  them, experience one in a while.

We may not be high flying but hey pacheco could be a catalyst for us. Degen has proved his worth
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #37: Jan 30, 2010 01:37:19 pm

Good God...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Jan 30, 2010 01:39:04 pm
      Fair point but i dont see the point in looking for jones to come on loan or get rid of babel. Just needs to look into the youth of our squad and play  them, experience one in a while.

We may not be high flying but hey pacheco could be a catalyst for us. Degen has proved his worth

I don't doubt that our youth is good enough and to be honest I don't believe Rafa does too, you can see by the inclusion of Pacheco on the bench that Rafa is trying to wrangle him some game time, I think if we are 2-0 and coasting his introduction will be a certainty, to build his confidence in a winning team.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #39: Jan 30, 2010 01:44:48 pm
      I don't doubt that our youth is good enough and to be honest I don't believe Rafa does too, you can see by the inclusion of Pacheco on the bench that Rafa is trying to wrangle him some game time, I think if we are 2-0 and coasting his introduction will be a certainty, to build his confidence in a winning team.

only reason DP is on the bench is because we have no sold first team. we dont have a full squad.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Jan 30, 2010 01:50:31 pm
      only reason DP is on the bench is because we have no sold first team. we dont have a full squad.

Rafa said in pre-season he was hoping to introduce the likes of Pachecho, Kelly, Darby etc to first team action  this season, so regardless of injuries I think we'd have seen their inclusion at some point, more so if we were soaring and coasting through games.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #41: Jan 30, 2010 01:54:55 pm
      Rafa said in pre-season he was hoping to introduce the likes of Pachecho, Kelly, Darby etc to first team action  this season, so regardless of injuries I think we'd have seen their inclusion at some point, more so if we were soaring and coasting through games.

It annoys me when we play great against the likes of Manchester United & Tottenham and then go and draw against Wolves so annoying.

I would like to see more of DP he is so consitent. I don't want to see him leave as he isn't getting X1 games. I know he is young but wayne rooney started young
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #42: Jan 30, 2010 02:04:31 pm
      aquilani is a waste of money.

and it's not owners fault that Aquilani can't even start against a sure fire relegation team..

Very contradictory. In your next post you talk about common sense - perhaps you should practice what you preach.

And for God's sake, tidy up your posts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Jan 30, 2010 05:19:01 pm

Appreciate them? Are you not aware that they have underminded Rafa since the day they arrived and have ravaged the club with debts.

The only time i will appreciate them is when they F**k off and will only appreciate that so i don't have to look at their smug faces and constant bullshit.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #44: Jan 30, 2010 10:49:14 pm

we have lost Alonso, but a superior player (Lucas) is playing in his position.. aquilani is a waste of money. greek dude has done well.. do you think he came for free??? the owners paid for him..

gerrard, torres, reina all extended their contracts.. did rafa take his paycheck from his pocket and donated for their extensions?? no.. the owners did.

it's not owners fault that Alonso and Hyypia left.. it's not owners fault that Babel is warming the bench every week.. and it's not owners fault that Aquilani can't even start against a sure fire relegation team..

we should have keot the same team from 1990 they won the league!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #45: Jan 30, 2010 11:06:35 pm

we have good attacking players.. half of them are injured or mistreated by the manager..

i'm just not happy that everyone blame everything on the owners when they have been responsible for bringing Torres, Benayoun, Skrtel and Aquilani to the club.. and they don't put the starting xi every week.. and they are not directly responsible for the failures on the pitch..

Unfuckingbelievable.

Are you retarded?

The owners are ripping the arsehole out of the club I love and you F***ing whoppered up idiot think we should appreciate them two yank pricks?

So blow me F**k face who's cock you sucking, Tom's or George's?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #46: Jan 31, 2010 12:24:01 am
      ^^ Eloquently, perfectly, resolutely put, HR :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #47: Jan 31, 2010 12:29:18 am

As much as it would be too easy to deride your answer, I'll ask you a more simple question.

Why?
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #48: Jan 31, 2010 09:08:26 am
      How can it be appalling?

It's expected with this two fat, money-sucking cu*ts in charge. I'm not surprised anymore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #49: Feb 02, 2010 09:16:48 am
      w

and appreciate the owners too.

Surely you're taking the piss...are you Tom or George in F***ing disguise? There's about 10 threads in here spouting what sh*t these two Yank F***ing cu*ts/clowns have done to our beloved club ...have a F***ing read of them instead of talking sh*te.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Feb 02, 2010 09:23:55 am

:lmao:
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #51: Feb 02, 2010 10:53:24 am

I'm just not happy that everyone blame everything on the owners when they have been responsible for bringing Torres, Benayoun, Skrtel and Aquilani to the club.. and they don't put the starting xi every week.. and they are not directly responsible for the failures on the pitch..

A lot of people are guilty of talking crap on a public forum but you take the biscuit. Its clearly obvious that these two American tw*ts are destroying what makes our club the greatest and you hit out with this nonsense. Show some respect and loyalty to your club!!!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #52: Feb 02, 2010 10:17:20 pm
      I would like for some players to make it known that they would love to play for Liverpool, because we have too many players who don't appreciate how lucky they are to be here. We need more players who will give their all every match (like Dirk Kuyt). Not enough pride in the jersey anymore.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #53: Feb 02, 2010 10:57:02 pm
      We really need an exprienced backup striker and a left winger. Riera is off form and Ngog looks in need to be eased in Aquillani style. Huntelaar would have been great. We did get Maxi who could play on the left. It can be a good transfer window.

Quick Reply