Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Rafa Snubs Juve

Read 8892 times
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 215 posts | -1 
      Rafa Snubs Juve
      Jan 31, 2010 08:35:07 pm
      JUST ON SKY SPORTS NEW

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rafa-rubbishes-juve-deal-claims

Rafael Benitez has today rubbished further press speculation linking him with a move to Serie A side Juventus.

"Contrary to reports in the Italian media this weekend, I want to make it absolutely clear I have no agreement with Juventus and have not and will not be meeting Juventus or their representatives or any other club," said the Liverpool manager.

"I have a long term contract with Liverpool and I'll repeat what I said on Friday that I am happy here and my only focus is to do my job as well as I can to get the team back into to the top four, beginning with the derby against Everton."
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Re: Rafa Snubs Juve
      Reply #1: Jan 31, 2010 09:00:17 pm
      Nice one for posting this...

Nice one Rafa to making it loud and clear :)
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Jan 31, 2010 09:02:28 pm
      Nice one for posting this...

Nice one Rafa to making it loud and clear :)

Yeah he is staying with us and this is a big boost

Fans behind the club
      Unbeaten in 5
      Great play on the weekend
      Players coming back to fit
      4th spot is ours!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Jan 31, 2010 09:17:04 pm
      Well In Rafa tell the media to "Suck your balls" you know you want to ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #4: Jan 31, 2010 09:18:47 pm
      Been leaned on by the board to say this.

Bet Hicks told him to do this.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Jan 31, 2010 09:22:38 pm
      ^

Either way glad he's staying at the club
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jan 31, 2010 09:23:28 pm
      Whilst it probably clears his future for now - doesn't say he won't in the summer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Jan 31, 2010 09:24:38 pm

To be honest I'm unsure if that would be the case, to me it just seems Rafa is reiterating what he said in the press conference the other day and making himself plainly clear on the whole situation.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jan 31, 2010 09:26:19 pm
      They never had a chance of getting him IMO. Anyway, gave us all a laugh for a few hours when people were reporting he had an agreement with them.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #9: Jan 31, 2010 09:27:30 pm
      I wasn't ever worried about him leaving. Well in Rafa.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Jan 31, 2010 09:28:43 pm
      To be honest I'm unsure if that would be the case, to me it just seems Rafa is reiterating what he said in the press conference the other day and making himself plainly clear on the whole situation.

He did what he said

He was focusing on the game and we won and it would of bought unrest if he was saying he may go. It would unset players and the confidence and run we had

Why i think he is a good manager even if he is a spanish waitor to the press
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jan 31, 2010 09:29:22 pm
      Whilst it probably clears his future for now - doesn't say he won't in the summer.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Let's face it, I think Rafa thinks more of the fans than to just walk out and leave us at the peril of the owners, to make a quick decision on a new or temporary manager before the end of the season.

I'm convinced he's off in the summer though. And to be honest, he's probably not right in the head if he doesn't go, what with our current off field situation.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Jan 31, 2010 09:29:32 pm
      They never had a chance of getting him IMO. Anyway, gave us all a laugh for a few hours when people were reporting he had an agreement with them.

big ;D to that

Yeah he's going taking gerrard and torres and yossi all for 5 mil too lulz
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Jan 31, 2010 09:33:32 pm
      big ;D to that

Yeah he's going taking gerrard and torres and yossi all for 5 mil too lulz

Sack the ;D's and lulz off please. This isn't a creche.

Although agreed. Some journalists were probably wetting their knickers last night and this morning.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #14: Jan 31, 2010 10:24:37 pm
      Can't see him going to Juve at all to be honest.

Real Madrid however....
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15: Jan 31, 2010 11:10:05 pm
      Well that's Cristal clear
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #16: Jan 31, 2010 11:10:22 pm
      lets wait and see what happins
      no point in speculating
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Jan 31, 2010 11:14:09 pm

Not entirely, really.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #18: Jan 31, 2010 11:14:40 pm
      Main thing is that he is re-affairming his commitment to the club at yet another difficult time.We badly need a backup striker,he yet again seems to have no reasonable funds available and is once again expected to pull that f*cking rabbit out of the hat.He is our manager so I support him,but ffs how far can he go?
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #19: Jan 31, 2010 11:18:58 pm
      Im thinking that unless there is a dramatic change behind the scene's then he's off in the summer. This to me only confirms that he isn't going to leave us mid-season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #20: Jan 31, 2010 11:44:39 pm
      How many F***ing times has the man got to make the same statement? There can't be that many dyslexic journalists one or two must have got the message by now.
      seandundeelegend
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #21: Feb 01, 2010 12:13:57 am
      get in rafa lad. stick in there. F**k the begrudgers
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Feb 01, 2010 12:15:48 am
      How many F***ing times has the man got to make the same statement? There can't be that many dyslexic journalists one or two must have got the message by now.

They are not bothered mate they see Rafa Benitez and Liverpool F.C  as rotting corpse in an arid desert and like vultures they are circling ready to pick pieces of flesh from the carcass at every given opportunity.
      seandundeelegend
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2010 12:21:27 am
      they are loving every minute of it. even when we won the champions league he was described as a lucky manager. how the F**k was that lucky? i bet if it was man u or chelsea that were 3-0 down at half time sir purple nose or mourinho would of thrown on 3 subs straight away and fu**ed it up.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2010 10:24:07 am
      no-one really knows whats going on behind the scenes and alls we can do is guess.

I no a fella who reckons hes in with the club, hes one of my contacts for tickets and that and to be fair to him, he always delivers, but he told me that it was more or less a certainty that Rafa was resigning after the Bolton game, that proved to be bollocks, so god knows whats going on but if i had to put my money on it, id bet Rafa is here to stay.

Also, when we beat the blue sh*te at the weekend, the majority of rafa bashers will be behind him again for atleast another week.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2010 10:29:30 am
      I reckon Rafa is reassuring the fans that he loves the club and the city but behind the scenes hes probably giving some to g&h about not having any transfer budget and needing to bring in some quality in the summer
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2010 10:30:00 am

I was really wondering why Hicks had bothered to come to a game against one of the lesser sides? Think your answer says it all.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2010 10:35:00 am
      I was really wondering why Hicks had bothered to come to a game against one of the lesser sides? Think your answer says it all.

I thought he was here to talk about potential investment.

Also why would they make Rafa say those things..?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2010 10:59:18 am
      If the reports are to be believed personal contact at this juncture is not a priority, what it could be is a show of support for the manager.
      Not the fiscal support required but nevertheless a token gesture by one of the owners. No doubt he would be aware of the furious protest that lay in wait yet he still chose to appear at the ground, of course these words are not meant to shed Hicks in a better light but point out that there is plenty of backstage activity that we know nothing about.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2010 11:06:22 am
      To be honest, I'd definately have Hicks over Gillett every time. Gillett is a real F***ing weasel, never see or hear anything from him, just hate that man!! And I can see Hichs staying for the long haul unfourtunately, just have to hope that the other tosser fucks off soon.

P.S. This post does not mean I support Tom Hicks!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2010 11:14:02 am
      Is right mate he's the lesser of the two evils.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2010 11:40:51 am
      Rafa loves the club more than a lot of so called fans, He will stay with the club now through thick or thin  or  should I say walk through the storm with his head held high,wich is the true Liverpool way If he was going to go he would have gone to Real, Still behind the man 100% ,The second half of the season will be massive for the Future of the club ,time to give the manager and players full backing ,as for the Yank two hats they can fu*k off
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2010 12:34:21 pm
      After winning just 8 out of 18 in the league, including 7 losses.......... and being dumped out of the champions league, and the domestic cups,

many were expecting rafa to be sacked.  The truth is the owners agreed to a 20 million 5 year deal recently in exchange for rafa accepting the fact that he has to produce results without spending.

Many corporates do the same thing, offer the huge money to some greedy sod who wants the money and long term security, and then place conditions on the deal to say he must cut costs and run successfully without spending.  The greedy enterpreneur will always take the deal, ensuring his own personal wealth, whilst in this case condemning the club to a lack of on field success.

In securing his own financial future, Rafa also knew that even though he would have no chance of improving Liverpool, he would likely have the prospect of another club come a knocking when the sh*t hits the fan. (in walks juventus) 

This is a win win situation, because if Juve want him they will also offer him the money, and if they dont, he still gets rich milking the yanks.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2010 12:49:38 pm
      After winning just 8 out of 18 in the league, including 7 losses.......... and being dumped out of the champions league, and the domestic cups,

many were expecting rafa to be sacked.  The truth is the owners agreed to a 20 million 5 year deal recently in exchange for rafa accepting the fact that he has to produce results without spending.

Many corporates do the same thing, offer the huge money to some greedy sod who wants the money and long term security, and then place conditions on the deal to say he must cut costs and run successfully without spending.  The greedy enterpreneur will always take the deal, ensuring his own personal wealth, whilst in this case condemning the club to a lack of on field success.

In securing his own financial future, Rafa also knew that even though he would have no chance of improving Liverpool, he would likely have the prospect of another club come a knocking when the sh*t hits the fan. (in walks juventus) 

This is a win win situation, because if Juve want him they will also offer him the money, and if they dont, he still gets rich milking the yanks.

You really are a sceptic aren't you mate?

Personally, whatever the reasons are I think Rafa will go at the end of the season and I don't think we should be expecting a top quality manager to walk into Anfield in Rafa's place. I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

On another note tho, it just goes to show how sh*t a manager Rafa is if Juvetus, Real Madrid et al what to employ him..................... ...

Whatever anyone says I believe Rafa truely loves and respects the fans. No other set of supporters in the world let alone england would've sang their managers name considering the run of results we've had..................... ... Loyalty be it from fans, managers, owners, players is exteremly rare these days so I think we should be happy when we see it and not be sceptic about it.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2010 01:02:19 pm

many were expecting rafa to be sacked.  The truth is the owners agreed to a 20 million 5 year deal recently in exchange for rafa accepting the fact that he has to produce results without spending.

Many corporates do the same thing, offer the huge money to some greedy sod who wants the money and long term security, and then place conditions on the deal to say he must cut costs and run successfully without spending.  The greedy enterpreneur will always take the deal, ensuring his own personal wealth, whilst in this case condemning the club to a lack of on field success.

So your saying the owners had told Rafa before he signed a contract that he had no transfer budget and rafa went on to sign it anyway?

Firstly, so what.

Secondly, i doubt the americans would have gambled on telling rafa something like that because we all no how stubborn he can be and he's hinted once or twice already that he will just F**k off if the americans take the piss or cross the line - selling torres etc.

In my eyes i see it as this - The yanks are business men and dont give a flying F**k about football or liverpool fc. I dont think many fans actually realise that at times. They expect them to love LFC and love football with a passion etc and throw millions and millions at it, thats just not the case and never will be. There in it for the money, nothing else, not for the enjoyment of football, not because they love the tradition and history of LFC, there in it for a fat profit and thats it. They no they've got a f***in quality manager there who they want to keep because Rafa has a bloody good chance of bringing silverware to the club which obviously brings in money but unlike abramovich, there not willing to invest into the side and have gambled on winning things without spending a penny. Basically there both just greedy n*b eds.

In modern football though, you have to invest to compete at the top level and these f***in clowns haven't realised that. It amazes me how they haven't backed Rafa in this window when we are on the verge of missing out on Champions league football for next season. Them 2 will miss out more than anyone the stupid fuckers.

Its been printed and talked about how they dont have any money to back rafa etc etc but i tend not to take any notice of them stories due to one paper saying one thing and then another has a totally different story. To sum up = There just a pair of stupid dick heads.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2010 01:09:06 pm
      he still gets rich milking the yanks.

Wow thats the most inaccurate statement iv'e ever read on this forum and that includes all the piss take stuff on the knee jerk thread.
      How can you seriously stand over that statement. I think you'll find it is the yanks that are milking the club and as such we should be thankfull that Rafa stays for the fans rather than to further his own immediate need of success.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2010 03:05:22 pm
      You really are a sceptic aren't you mate?

Personally, whatever the reasons are I think Rafa will go at the end of the season and I don't think we should be expecting a top quality manager to walk into Anfield in Rafa's place. I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

On another note tho, it just goes to show how sh*t a manager Rafa is if Juvetus, Real Madrid et al what to employ him..................... ...

Whatever anyone says I believe Rafa truely loves and respects the fans. No other set of supporters in the world let alone england would've sang their managers name considering the run of results we've had..................... ... Loyalty be it from fans, managers, owners, players is exteremly rare these days so I think we should be happy when we see it and not be sceptic about it.

Yes, I am a sceptic, and I shall tell you why.

Firstly, look at the trail of events here and whats panned out.

1. rafa was moaning plenty about lack of funds to buy players

2. rumours that owners are preparing to get rid of him

3. admission from the owners they had klinsman lined up for the job

4. backlash from liverpool fans, criticising owners and backing rafa

5. suddenly, rafa gets a five year 20 million sweetheart deal, making him the highest paid manager in england.

6. mysteriously, even though rafa has no apparent cash to splash he stays relatively quiet about the owners.

Ive been around a long while and long enough to see whats going on here. The yanks are paying this guy more money than the likes of red nose gets paid, and he has won 11 titles and god knows what else. Just think about how ridiculous that is on its own. You see the philosophy of big business is that you pay the top dog plenty, then you have him eating out of your dish like a lap dog. You pay him to screw everyone else, in this case it is you and me, the fans.

Some of you assume that you have to spend big to win the trophies, but just remember, only one team wins the league. Only one team wins the champions league.  We won the champions league without spending big in 2005. The point is if you get a manager who is good enough to keep you in europe, and finish high in the league, without spending big, then you are probably just as well off as a club who spend 200 million and win just one trophy. They might not even win any! 

In my company they do exactly the same thing, pay the ceo a million in bonus's to cut the jobs down in every department, and force you to work harder than ever. They save more than the million they give him, by getting him to be the front man and take the heat by screwing 4,000 other poor bas**rds. He doesnt mind because he is getting paid far more than hes worth for the job. 

You talk about Rafa loving the club, and how thank god he is so loyal to us.  Rafa is playing the game, if you paid me 20 million I would say I love whoever you want me to love. 20 million to mime a few words of a song, and make a few press conferences confirming how i love the club.
      "I love the f***in 20 million"  thats what hes loving.

Finally, look at the big clubs

chelsea.........have an owner who has dug into his own pocket to win a few trophies. he hasnt made any profit, he is just a gay fellow who had a few billion and was prepared to pay out a few hundred million to say he had won something. Lucky them because they have a sugar daddy who doesnt mind not making a profit if his dick looks bigger.

man utd.....despite winning everything consistently for the past 17 years they are in record debt. Solid proof that winning trophies does not pay off the debt for all those players bought. Luckily for them they bought a player for 12 million and sold him for 80 million. How many times are you gonna get that lucky????

man city............another billionaire who is happy to lose a few hundred million to win something. Probably a short guy with short mans disease. Once he wins a trophy and feels like his dick has grown an inch he will probably F**k off and leave them in debt. These arseholes get driven around western countries by chauffers signalling with a point of the finger which mansions they are buying. Thats where they make their money, not out of football clubs.  Its a big ego trip.

I am tired of writing  ;D   I just hope someone gets my point, if not who the F**k cares?

YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2010 04:18:10 pm
      Great news about rafa turning down juve. Let's just hope that he can have the same idea about real madrid.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2010 04:29:27 pm

5. suddenly, rafa gets a five year 20 million sweetheart deal, making him the highest paid manager in england.

6. mysteriously, even though rafa has no apparent cash to splash he stays relatively quiet about the owners.

Ive been around a long while and long enough to see whats going on here. The yanks are paying this guy more money than the likes of red nose gets paid, and he has won 11 titles and god knows what else. Just think about how ridiculous that is on its own. You see the philosophy of big business is that you pay the top dog plenty, then you have him eating out of your dish like a lap dog. You pay him to screw everyone else, in this case it is you and me, the fans.

Some of you assume that you have to spend big to win the trophies, but just remember, only one team wins the league. Only one team wins the champions league.  We won the champions league without spending big in 2005. The point is if you get a manager who is good enough to keep you in europe, and finish high in the league, without spending big, then you are probably just as well off as a club who spend 200 million and win just one trophy. They might not even win any!  

In my company they do exactly the same thing, pay the ceo a million in bonus's to cut the jobs down in every department, and force you to work harder than ever. They save more than the million they give him, by getting him to be the front man and take the heat by screwing 4,000 other poor bas**rds. He doesnt mind because he is getting paid far more than hes worth for the job.  

You talk about Rafa loving the club, and how thank god he is so loyal to us.  Rafa is playing the game, if you paid me 20 million I would say I love whoever you want me to love. 20 million to mime a few words of a song, and make a few press conferences confirming how i love the club.
      "I love the f***in 20 million"  thats what hes loving.

chelsea.........have an owner who has dug into his own pocket to win a few trophies. he hasnt made any profit, he is just a gay fellow who had a few billion and was prepared to pay out a few hundred million to say he had won something. Lucky them because they have a sugar daddy who doesnt mind not making a profit if his dick looks bigger.

man utd.....despite winning everything consistently for the past 17 years they are in record debt. Solid proof that winning trophies does not pay off the debt for all those players bought. Luckily for them they bought a player for 12 million and sold him for 80 million. How many times are you gonna get that lucky????

man city............another billionaire who is happy to lose a few hundred million to win something. Probably a short guy with short mans disease. Once he wins a trophy and feels like his dick has grown an inch he will probably F**k off and leave them in debt. These arseholes get driven around western countries by chauffers signalling with a point of the finger which mansions they are buying. Thats where they make their money, not out of football clubs.  Its a big ego trip.

I am tired of writing  ;D   I just hope someone gets my point, if not who the F**k cares?

I'm not surprised you're tired of writing, it must have been hard work conjuring that up and then joining the words.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2010 04:30:37 pm by Reslivo »
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2010 04:42:52 pm
      I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

==================================================================

I disagree.......Capello signed up for Englands top job, and he couldnt give a sh*t about England. He is laughing like a drain all the way to the bank after becoming one of the highest paid football managers in the world.   Half of these guys are dumb as dogshit and couldnt get a job outside football, and yet 5 million per year is available to them and all they have to do is work for a year or two and can retire if they wish.

When the Liverpool job comes on the market it wont matter whether part of the job involves wading thru 3 foot of sh*t every morning, the usual suspects will be putting their hand up for the big money. A couple of stingy owners wont be any deterrent when youve got 5 million per annum rolling into your retirement coffers.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2010 05:41:40 pm

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

;D honestly mate, get a grip. if he was so greedy, he would have just gone to real where a) they'd pay him just as well and b) they'd give him a key to the local bank so he can spend 200+ million on players.

i do geniunely believe he loves the club. why else would he put up with the 2 gob sh*tes at the helm?

there are sceptics and there are those living in lala land...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #41: Feb 01, 2010 06:36:49 pm
      ;D honestly mate, get a grip. if he was so greedy, he would have just gone to real where a) they'd pay him just as well and b) they'd give him a key to the local bank so he can spend 200+ million on players.

i do geniunely believe he loves the club. why else would he put up with the 2 gob sh*tes at the helm?

there are sceptics and there are those living in lala land...
      SAw it mate and thought the same but then decided it wasn't worth a reply, well not a full reply.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2010 07:27:52 pm by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2010 06:50:20 pm
      I can't see any top manager coming to LFC when they know they won't be able to compete financially with Manure, Man Shitty, Chelski, Arse - nal, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs etc etc.

==================================================================

I disagree.......Capello signed up for Englands top job, and he couldnt give a sh*t about England. He is laughing like a drain all the way to the bank after becoming one of the highest paid football managers in the world.   Half of these guys are dumb as dogshit and couldnt get a job outside football, and yet 5 million per year is available to them and all they have to do is work for a year or two and can retire if they wish.

When the Liverpool job comes on the market it wont matter whether part of the job involves wading thru 3 foot of sh*t every morning, the usual suspects will be putting their hand up for the big money. A couple of stingy owners wont be any deterrent when youve got 5 million per annum rolling into your retirement coffers.
      I thought you were tired of writing,I see you have not got much support to back you up,I suppose that must mean that all the other posters who disagree with you are wrong.As regards the usual suspects putting their name up for the big money job at Anfield could you care to name them and what they have achieved.It must be well known in football what Hicks and Gillette are like to work for.Also as has been mentioned if RAFA is that bad a manager why do/did Real Madrid and Juventus both want him

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Feb 01, 2010 10:17:42 pm

Well it's irrelevant whether you can see any "top" manager coming to us or not because it's not an issue, Rafa has said he is staying and wont be talking to them so end of.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #44: Feb 01, 2010 10:43:43 pm
      Well it's irrelevant whether you can see any "top" manager coming to us or not because it's not an issue, Rafa has said he is staying and wont be talking to them so end of.
      That's been the story from day one mate but people have sold papers, tried to undermine LFC  on the back of the speculation they all have different agendas none of which are connected with the best interests of the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2010 04:33:16 am

Some of you assume that you have to spend big to win the trophies, but just remember, only one team wins the league. Only one team wins the champions league.  We won the champions league without spending big in 2005. The point is if you get a manager who is good enough to keep you in europe, and finish high in the league, without spending big, then you are probably just as well off as a club who spend 200 million and win just one trophy. They might not even win any!  

You talk about Rafa loving the club, and how thank god he is so loyal to us.  Rafa is playing the game, if you paid me 20 million I would say I love whoever you want me to love. 20 million to mime a few words of a song, and make a few press conferences confirming how i love the club.
      "I love the f***in 20 million"  thats what hes loving.

man city............another billionaire who is happy to lose a few hundred million to win something. Probably a short guy with short mans disease. Once he wins a trophy and feels like his dick has grown an inch he will probably F**k off and leave them in debt. These arseholes get driven around western countries by chauffers signalling with a point of the finger which mansions they are buying. Thats where they make their money, not out of football clubs.  Its a big ego trip.

I am tired of writing  ;D   I just hope someone gets my point, if not who the F**k cares?

Wow you really are F***ing clueless. From points 3 and 4 to 5 there is only the small matter of about two and a half years. Also point 6 - he was hardly quiet from Athens onwards when he got onto what the sneaky fuckers were up to. Let's face it, if it wasn't for Rafa and that press conference before the Newcastle game when he wore a trackie and club coat, the fans wouldn't have been non the wiser at what them pair of cu*ts were doing to our club.

You mention big clubs - since when the F**k have Man City been a big club - they might have billions, but have won F**k all for the past 30 years, let them win a few trophies first FFS!! Been listening to Sky Sports a bit too much me thinks

On the point of Man U, unlike us they have every cash generating scheme going, a ground that can hold 75,000 because they put it all in place in the 90s - unlike us - the only reason they are in debt is because of  a gobs***e yank owner.

Then you have the F***ing nerve to compare Rafa to Ferguson, who you can bet earns more than Rafa, has spent a lot longer at Man U, probably why he has won more, I see you don't slag Souness or Evans for doing F**k-all for Liverpool's continuing agonising wait for number 19.

In short I think you're not a true red - and that's from a season ticket of 20 years and been going the game since I was 5 years old. In fact amongst all that bullshit I'm surprised you didn't mention the words waiter, Spanish and fat.

In fact I'd say you weren't sceptic, more of a septic tank!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #46: Feb 03, 2010 03:15:11 am

Some of you assume that you have to spend big to win the trophies, but just remember, only one team wins the league. Only one team wins the champions league.  We won the champions league without spending big in 2005. The point is if you get a manager who is good enough to keep you in europe, and finish high in the league, without spending big, then you are probably just as well off as a club who spend 200 million and win just one trophy. They might not even win any! 

You talk about Rafa loving the club, and how thank god he is so loyal to us.  Rafa is playing the game, if you paid me 20 million I would say I love whoever you want me to love. 20 million to mime a few words of a song, and make a few press conferences confirming how I love the club.
      "I love the f***in 20 million"  thats what hes loving.

man utd.....despite winning everything consistently for the past 17 years they are in record debt. Solid proof that winning trophies does not pay off the debt for all those players bought. Luckily for them they bought a player for 12 million and sold him for 80 million. How many times are you gonna get that lucky?

man city............another billionaire who is happy to lose a few hundred million to win something. Probably a short guy with short mans disease. Once he wins a trophy and feels like his dick has grown an inch he will probably f**k off and leave them in debt. These arseholes get driven around western countries by chauffers signalling with a point of the finger which mansions they are buying. Thats where they make their money, not out of football clubs.  Its a big ego trip.

====================================================================

Wow you really are f**king clueless. From points 3 and 4 to 5 there is only the small matter of about two and a half years. Also point 6 - he was hardly quiet from Athens onwards when he got onto what the sneaky fuckers were up to. Let's face it, if it wasn't for Rafa and that press conference before the Newcastle game when he wore a trackie and club coat, the fans wouldn't have been non the wiser at what them pair of cu*ts were doing to our club.

You mention big clubs - since when the f**k have Man City been a big club - they might have billions, but have won f**k all for the past 30 years, let them win a few trophies first FFS!! Been listening to Sky Sports a bit too much me thinks

On the point of Man U, unlike us they have every cash generating scheme going, a ground that can hold 75,000 because they put it all in place in the 90s - unlike us - the only reason they are in debt is because of  a gobs***e yank owner.

Then you have the f**king nerve to compare Rafa to Ferguson, who you can bet earns more than Rafa, has spent a lot longer at Man U, probably why he has won more, I see you don't slag Souness or Evans for doing f**k-all for Liverpool's continuing agonising wait for number 19.

In short I think you're not a true red - and that's from a season ticket of 20 years and been going the game since I was 5 years old. In fact amongst all that bullshit I'm surprised you didn't mention the words waiter, Spanish and fat.

In fact I'd say you weren't sceptic, more of a septic tank!

=================================================================================

You started off with an insult, and ended your rant with another one. You should be mindful of the fact that this forum is a place for fans to come and express opinions without being subjected to personal attacks from other forum members. This shows a complete lack of maturity and says much about your true character.
      Secondly, your post fails to provide any material even fit for debate. In late 2007 Rafa publicly criticised the owners transfer policy, and that was his right, as he had become frustrated at their reluctance to provide him with funds to buy the players he needed.
      In january 2008 the admission came that the owners had spoken to Klinsman about replacing Rafa, if he walked.

“we attempted to negotiate an option as an insurance policy……if rafa left for real madrid or other clubs rumoured”….Hicks told the Liverpool Echo

Hicks was alluding to the criticism of Hicks and Gillett by Benitez over their transfer policy which angered the American duo and put the Spaniard’s position in jeopardy.

Then in march 2009

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has finally ended speculation over his future, signing a four-year contract extension worth around £20 million that will keep him at Anfield until 2014.

After months of tortured negotiations that have seen the contract redrafted at least eight times, Benitez and the American co-owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, finally agreed terms yesterday afternoon.
      Benitez has repeatedly used the contract negotiations to enhance his position at Anfield. He has often raised the stakes, twice publicly rejecting contract offers on the eve of crucial league matches since January.
      He has also quibbled over detail, demanding that the contract be paid in euros, then sterling, and seeking a clause that allows him to leave if the club is sold and he does not like the new owners.

Please explain to me how you arrive at the idea that there was two and a half years between the owners admitting they had spoken to Klinsman as an insurance policy, (jan 2008)  and Rafa signing the contract.  (march 2009)  (which by the way had to be redrafted no less than 8 times)

This timeline completely supports my theory, that to stop Rafa from openly talking about lack of funds for new players the owners offered him a massive monetary deal with all sorts of added clauses to ensure his long term security. The deal was that we will pay you more than the club can afford, we will give you a clause to walk if we sell, we will give you whatever you want, but we wont give you money to buy players. You, in return will not speak publicly and berate us over the lack of transfer funds.

Your comments about Man Utd only support the view that I expressed.
      The fact that even though they make an additional 50 million per year from having a 76,000 seater stadium…. than what we make, and even though they have in your words ‘every cash generating scheme going’   and even though they have won the league 11 times in 18 yrs, plus numerous other titles, they are still struggling with debt.

Why?  Because no matter how much success you have on the field, spending ridiculous amounts on player purchases and wages are gonna send you broke in the end. Man Utd have in truth got temporarily out of jail with the 80 million from the Ronaldo sale, and look how reluctant the owners are to spend it.

In conclusion, there are only two ways a club can be successful, both on the pitch and finacially in this day and age of ridiculous player costs.

1.   Get a sugar daddy, like Chelsea or man City who are prepared to lose their own money in exchange for an ego trip

or

2.   Find a manager who is capable of recruiting and developing players in a manner that builds on field success without huge spending.

Arsenal are probably the closest to achieving this, because they do have a manager who is capable of spotting decent talent, and converting it into an attractive style of football. He tends to have the knack of selling players for a good profit, thus keeping the club financially viable. His lack of silverware in recent years frustrates the Arsenal faithful, although on a shoe string budget he has kept them in Europe.

Man Utd..... A positive for them is the service they get from players such as Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Brown, Evans, Fletcher and O'Shea, players who have initially cost them nothing to purchase. We only have Carragher and Gerrard who fit into this category. Ferguson does have the ability to develop youngsters.  A 68 million profit from the sale of Ronaldo also helps.

Everton..... Moyes has done a terrific job without any money, the year he finished 4th was an amazing achievement, and he seems to have the knack of revitalising the team every year.

Aston Villa.....  Again, a good manager who has produced a team who play a good brand of football, without the cash to splash.

Fulham......probably the most remarkable achievement, absolutely no money and a manager who has been able to get a poor bunch of players playing some good football.

Liverpool.........  A manager who is not capable of taking this club any further.

Consistently bad tactics, overly defensive, mindboggling substitutions that have cost us points time and time again.

A poor record in the transfer market, apart from a few gems such as Torres, Mascherano, and Alonso, this has been outweighed by all his bad buys.

Man management skills non existant, losing Alonso was the final straw for me, and just quietly I think we have been close to losing Mascherano a couple of times, no thanks to Benitez.

I dont believe rafa has the attributes to qualify for category 2, and thats why I will be glad when he is gone.

i wont resort to insults as you have done Stuey, just facts and opinions, of which you seem completely incapable of producing.

IRWD

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #47: Feb 03, 2010 03:22:08 am
      Too long;didnt read.

But I can safely say that Rafa is the man. Thats something anyone can read!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Feb 03, 2010 03:43:39 am
      Wasn't too long to read, just to much bullshit.

Look, we know this is a forum open to opinion. But when you say sh*te that is clearly un-researched (despite you thinking you are so smart in what you have said)

You even said how Moyes has done a brilliant job with no money. They finish around 5th to 7th-8th most years without money, besides getting lucky with 4th that one year. We are in the exact same position of having no money, so how can you turn around and blame Rafa if we finish 5th or so? Because that would be brilliant for Everton with no money, but why a sign of Rafa's failings without money? Jaysus, get a grip.

Your post that says the "clear" reason Rafa was signed to a big deal is a bunch of conspiracy theory crap as well.

And Rafa is not mysteriously quiet about the owners. He said recently he wants to see more funds for player sales i believe, at the time he was talking about the Juventus offer. He is just being diplomatic about it, but i am damn sure he is telling them what he needs.

Oh and another thing. The reason there is a tiny little scroll box for quotes is so that it keeps post size to a minimum! Don't F***ing quote your sh*t, and then HR's post, and then take them out of quote boxes and tripling the size of your post!! Looks like sh*t and takes up way to much room :mad:
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #49: Feb 03, 2010 01:26:02 pm
      Wasn't too long to read, just to much bullshit.

Look, we know this is a forum open to opinion. But when you say sh*te that is clearly un-researched (despite you thinking you are so smart in what you have said)

You even said how Moyes has done a brilliant job with no money. They finish around 5th to 7th-8th most years without money, besides getting lucky with 4th that one year. We are in the exact same position of having no money, so how can you turn around and blame Rafa if we finish 5th or so? Because that would be brilliant for Everton with no money, but why a sign of Rafa's failings without money? Jaysus, get a grip.

Your post that says the "clear" reason Rafa was signed to a big deal is a bunch of conspiracy theory crap as well.

And Rafa is not mysteriously quiet about the owners. He said recently he wants to see more funds for player sales I believe, at the time he was talking about the Juventus offer. He is just being diplomatic about it, but I am damn sure he is telling them what he needs.

Oh and another thing. The reason there is a tiny little scroll box for quotes is so that it keeps post size to a minimum! Don't f**king quote your sh*t, and then HR's post, and then take them out of quote boxes and tripling the size of your post!! Looks like sh*t and takes up way to much room :mad:

sorry about my lack of expertise with the quotes........i assume you are in charge of the forum, although you should have a bit more courtesy if you are the policeman of post etiquette.

Rafa has not spent money this season, as I have pointed out that was part of his contract negotiation. Rafa has had decent funds over the past 4 years, something "The Chosen One" has never had. The problem is he has a poor record in the transfer market, which has prevented him from building a great team.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #50: Feb 03, 2010 01:51:58 pm

sorry about my lack of expertise with the quotes........i assume you are in charge of the forum, although you should have a bit more courtesy if you are the policeman of post etiquette.

Rafa has not spent money this season, as I have pointed out that was part of his contract negotiation. Rafa has had decent funds over the past 4 years, something "The Chosen One" has never had. The problem is he has a poor record in the transfer market, which has prevented him from building a great team.

Don't be bringing that bog-eyed tw*t into it!

2005 was a great achievement for the blueshite finishing fourth, remind me again who wiped that smug smile off their bitter F***ing faces?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #51: Feb 03, 2010 09:46:25 pm

sorry about my lack of expertise with the quotes........I assume you are in charge of the forum, although you should have a bit more courtesy if you are the policeman of post etiquette.

No im not in charge, i just don't like reading and then realizing its all sh*t id seen before!

And bullshit it was part of his contract negotiation!! Where did you pull that from? No-ones arse is that deep to be pulling crap like that! And he has had funds, but they have rarely if ever been competitive with any other club vying for top spot. When Malouda went to Chelsea he was meant to be coming to us until Chelsea made an offer we could not match. I doubt it was the first time or last it happened either. And then the last two years he hasn't really had anything!

All managers are hit and miss in the transfer market. With Rafa's scratching for depth as well as quality, he has found some stinkers BUT also some gems as well. I doubt Xabi Alonso would be a 30m Real Madrid signing without us!

And again, if Everton are so great without money, then why are you still expecting anything much better for us?

Rafa is doing as gooder a job as anyone would do after 5 years under these circumstances, and if he does indeed snub juve, i will bow down to the man as one of the hardest men ive ever seen.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #52: Feb 04, 2010 03:07:44 am
      The point I am trying to make is that in march 2009 rafa signed a contract worth 20 million that had been redrafted no less than 8 times.

We all assumed that Rafa would have a decent transfer kitty and assumed that the 16 million for the sale of Keane would be available, plus at least 20 million as a minimum budget.

When Alonso was sold for 30 odd million it was fair to assume that Rafa would then have approx 70 million to spend as a minimum.

This money never ever materialised.

Now try to understand this, because it is a simple concept.

Rafa had been screaming from the rooftops about lack of transfer money prior to signing a contract worth 20 million.

After that he gets absolutely no money whatsoever, no Keane money, and no transfer kitty. All he has is the Alonso money, thats it.

If transfer money had been more important to him than the 20 million salary........he would have taken less money himself and insisted he had transfer money in the contract negotiations.   Quite obviously he did not.

Rafas attitude during that transfer window was very coy, at times he stated he had money, when really he knew all along he was only going to be given whatever funds he could muster from the sale of players.  (Alonso)   

The natural conclusion is not hard to draw, the extra money in the contract was included as hush money. They simply wanted him to stop screaming off the rooftops. He took the huge money in exchange for an agreement that he could build the squad up without additional transfer money.

Every single business works this way......   Arsenwenger has had the fans sniping him for years about not spending money and replacing all the outgoing big  name players.     
      These guys will be receiving huge personal financial payments from the owners of the clubs to keep costs down and still try to achieve a level of onfield success. 

An owner would happily say to a manager, if you can achieve something good with what you have already, heres another 5 million, instead of spending another 30 million on players. 

When such a conversation takes place you can expect two things

1. A huge increase in the managers personal financial position

2. A reluctance from the manager to hurl insults at his owner

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #53: Feb 04, 2010 03:18:36 am
      The point I am trying to make is that in march 2009 rafa signed a contract worth 20 million that had been redrafted no less than 8 times.

Any actual proof on this statement?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #54: Feb 04, 2010 03:22:10 am
      That is a shitty theory mate.

Rafa has been crucified by the English media from day one, no other English manager is put under scrutiny and the miscroscope as Rafa is.

To state that all the sh*t he puts up with from all corners is justified by his pay packet is a F***ing insult.

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #55: Feb 04, 2010 03:37:24 am
      That is a shitty theory mate.

Rafa has been crucified by the English media from day one, no other English manager is put under scrutiny and the miscroscope as Rafa is.

To state that all the sh*t he puts up with from all corners is justified by his pay packet is a f**king insult.

Are you saying you have not heard of the corporate strategy of paying someone big bucks and charging him with the job of cutting costs.?

Effectively you are giving him a bigger slice of the cake to     take "all the sh*t he puts up with from all corners"

Look mate, when a guy retires on his yacht in the Carribean do you think he worries about all the sh*t the people gave him?   
       ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2010 06:15:29 am by barrymanulow »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #56: Feb 04, 2010 04:32:08 am

We all assumed that Rafa would have a decent transfer kitty and assumed that the 16 million for the sale of Keane would be available, plus at least 20 million as a minimum budget.

When Alonso was sold for 30 odd million it was fair to assume that Rafa would then have approx 70 million to spend as a minimum.

Rafa had been screaming from the rooftops about lack of transfer money prior to signing a contract worth 20 million.

After that he gets absolutely no money whatsoever, no Keane money, and no transfer kitty. All he has is the Alonso money, thats it.

If transfer money had been more important to him than the 20 million salary........he would have taken less money himself and insisted he had transfer money in the contract negotiations.   Quite obviously he did not.

Rafas attitude during that transfer window was very coy, at times he stated he had money, when really he knew all along he was only going to be given whatever funds he could muster from the sale of players.  (Alonso)   

The natural conclusion is not hard to draw, the extra money in the contract was included as hush money. They simply wanted him to stop screaming off the rooftops. He took the huge money in exchange for an agreement that he could build the squad up without additional transfer money.

Every single business works this way......   Arsenwenger has had the fans sniping him for years about not spending money and replacing all the outgoing big  name players.     
      These guys will be receiving huge personal financial payments from the owners of the clubs to keep costs down and still try to achieve a level of onfield success. 

An owner would happily say to a manager, if you can achieve something good with what you have already, heres another 5 million, instead of spending another 30 million on players. 

Never read such sceptical crap in my life.

Just because he accepts a certain wage does not mean it will affect his transfer budget. There are different budgets, and what affects the administerial wage budget does not affect the transfer budget he has.

And if you have problems with him in the transfer market: http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/opinion/2009/rafa-easing-lucas-pressure/
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #57: Feb 04, 2010 08:27:02 am

*This post has been flagged for containing unfounded bullshit*
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: Feb 04, 2010 10:56:09 am
      Seriously I have read a lot of bullshit about Rafa but this guy's theory takes the cake.

Why dont you contact someone at The S*n,and sell your theory  they would love your sh*t might even earn a few quid.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #59: Feb 04, 2010 12:55:22 pm

Are you saying you have not heard of the corporate strategy of paying someone big bucks and charging him with the job of cutting costs.?

Effectively you are giving him a bigger slice of the cake to     take "all the sh*t he puts up with from all corners"

Look mate, when a guy retires on his yacht in the Carribean do you think he worries about all the sh*t the people gave him?    
       ;D

Let me put this in the simplest English I can, I would take Rafa any day over those two tw*ts, the reason he is sticking around, isn't for the money and I know some will snort at this, but he's still here because of US who go and support the team, Rafa has never had a support like the Liverpool fans give the team and him, not even at Valencia.

And I'm still waiting for the proof that Rafa's contract got redrafted eight F***ing times?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #60: Feb 04, 2010 01:02:06 pm
      And I'm still waiting for the proof that Rafa's contract got redrafted eight F***ing times?

Owners: So when you sign this you promise not to slag us off in the media.
      Rafa: F**k off.

Rafa: For fucks sake. Go on then give me the pen.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #61: Feb 04, 2010 02:04:28 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/5013271/Rafael-Benitez-signs-new-Liverpool-contract-until-2014.html

This page talks about the 8 redrafts of the contract. Once again, if it had to be redrafted 8 times and then straight afterwards there is no money for players,  you must surely assume that this was well known to Rafa in March when he signed the contract.

If he didnt know, and he still signed then he must be the biggest dingbat ever.

But he did, and thats why the contract was so huge in remuneration.

Rafas priorities were the money money money and Parry out of the way.
      The trade off, no money for players, and keep nice and polite about it in public.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #62: Feb 04, 2010 02:17:46 pm
      If that is the case then so what? Whats your point?

Not Rafas problem they wont back him. Not Rafas fault he hasn't got a penny to spend. Whether he new that before he signed the contract doesn't really make a difference IMO.

So Rafa wanted to secure his future? Can you blame him after the yanks went and met with Klinsman on the sly behind everybodys backs? If there has been any greed on Rafas part then so what? Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds.

My guess is Rafa wants to stay at LFC for a long long time and continue to build on what hes started. So hes wanted to get the best possible deal for himself along the way, and what? He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #63: Feb 04, 2010 02:38:47 pm

The trade off, no money for players, and keep nice and polite about it in public.
      Your presumptions are very convenient for your anti Benitez agenda but even to anybody with a neutral perspective they are heresay and wildly innaccurate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #64: Feb 04, 2010 05:13:33 pm

Rafa: For fucks sake. Go on then give me the pen.

That is quality!  :lmao:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #65: Feb 04, 2010 05:42:38 pm
      I thought the redrafts of the contract was about giving Rafa total control of all things football, ie the Reserves, the Academy, transfers, bringing his own backroom team in.  I believe the reasons he insisted on this was because he knew there weren't going to be any big name transfers coming in so needed to work closely with the youth.

Personally I don't believe the money was anything to do with it and in any case, in football terms, £20m over 5yrs isn't mega bucks.  I read the other day Mourhinio is on £14m per year at Inter, that eclipses Rafa's deal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #66: Feb 04, 2010 05:58:55 pm
      I thought the redrafts of the contract was about giving Rafa total control of all things football, ie the Reserves, the Academy, transfers, bringing his own backroom team in.  I believe the reasons he insisted on this was because he knew there weren't going to be any big name transfers coming in so needed to work closely with the youth.

Personally I don't believe the money was anything to do with it and in any case, in football terms, £20m over 5yrs isn't mega bucks.  I read the other day Mourhinio is on £14m per year at Inter, that eclipses Rafa's deal.

Excellent point. But come on, you can't let that get in the way of someone's agenda!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Feb 04, 2010 06:06:20 pm
      Excellent point. But come on, you can't let that get in the way of someone's agenda!

True mate, there's always one!
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #68: Feb 04, 2010 06:51:43 pm
      To suggest that Rafa is some sort of puppet for G&H is nothing short of nonsense.

If theres one thing we have learned about Rafa from his time here its that he is a stubborn b***ard and very much his own man.

He loves this club and everything it stands for including the supporters, thats why IMO he continues to be loyal to us.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #69: Feb 04, 2010 08:52:19 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/5013271/Rafael-Benitez-signs-new-Liverpool-contract-until-2014.html

This page talks about the 8 redrafts of the contract. Once again, if it had to be redrafted 8 times and then straight afterwards there is no money for players,  you must surely assume that this was well known to Rafa in March when he signed the contract.

If he didnt know, and he still signed then he must be the biggest dingbat ever.

But he did, and thats why the contract was so huge in remuneration.

Rafas priorities were the money money money and Parry out of the way.

*more bullshit*

Seriously did you even read the article? One of the deals he turned down was because he wanted MORE control over transfers, valuations etc! Jaysus :mad:
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #70: Feb 05, 2010 04:34:13 am
      If that is the case then so what? Whats your point?

Not Rafas problem they wont back him. Not Rafas fault he hasn't got a penny to spend. Whether he new that before he signed the contract doesn't really make a difference IMO.

So Rafa wanted to secure his future? Can you blame him after the yanks went and met with Klinsman on the sly behind everybodys backs? If there has been any greed on Rafas part then so what? Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds.

My guess is Rafa wants to stay at LFC for a long long time and continue to build on what hes started. So hes wanted to get the best possible deal for himself along the way, and what? He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game.

I agree with your post..........  when you say  "Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds." 

I dont agree with  ..........    "He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game."

Who are the players he bought in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 that he has developed into better players, and are still in our team?

5 years to build a great team, 66 players bought in by Rafa in that time   

alonso 2004  would have been a success if rafa hadnt fu**ed it up.

torres   2007   success 

mascherano  2007   success

johnson  2009    success

aquilani   2009  too early to say

All high priced players who along with Gerrard we need to retain and build a strong team around.

So where are the gems, 5 years and 66 players later........... 

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #71: Feb 05, 2010 10:16:52 am
      Barry - why dont you log on to your own teams forum theres a good boy.

Actually before you do I have a question - what manager do you want to see in Rafa's place that is available.

I have my idea on your answer but Im hoping yours wont be that obvious.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #72: Feb 05, 2010 10:50:31 am

I agree with your post..........  when you say  "Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds."  

I dont agree with  ..........    "He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game."

Who are the players he bought in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 that he has developed into better players, and are still in our team?

alonso 2004  would have been a success if rafa hadnt fu**ed it up.

torres   2007   success  

mascherano  2007   success

johnson  2009    success

aquilani   2009  too early to say

All high priced players who along with Gerrard we need to retain and build a strong team around.

Reina

Johnson/Darby   Skrtel/Kelly     Agger/Kyrgiakos        Aurelio/Insua

Mascherano     Lucas
      Kuyt/Maxi                                                Reira/Pacheco
                                      Aquilani

Torres

Check out all the gems in that team and note they were all Rafa players.
      Rafas negotiations were born out of footballing control of the club.
      Thats why he brought in all his own coaching staff. He is no fool he knows the owners have no money and he has the best staff in place to still bring him in the quality for the long term. Rodolfo and Mc will provide us with the quality we need and Rafa knows this.
      Check out the Reserves and Youth teams this year and you will see that. Rafa stayed for the fans and his love of the club not for haters like you.

Its clear from your name that your a Manure fan anyway..
      barry MANU low
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #73: Feb 05, 2010 11:26:42 am

I agree with your post..........  when you say  "Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds." 

I dont agree with  ..........    "He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game."

alonso 2004  would have been a success if rafa hadnt fu**ed it up.

torres   2007   success 

mascherano  2007   success

johnson  2009    success

aquilani   2009  too early to say

Yeah fu**ed Alonso up so much, that he was able to sell him to Real Madrid for £30 million, thats a £20 million profit on what we bought him for!

LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #74: Feb 06, 2010 12:00:11 pm
      Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says he was "proud" to be talked about as the next manager of Italian side Juventus but insists he is happy to stay at Liverpool.

Interview link:

BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez flattered by Juventus link
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #75: Feb 06, 2010 12:31:21 pm
      Yeah fu**ed Alonso up so much, that he was able to sell him to Real Madrid for £30 million, thats a £20 million profit on what we bought him for!

I didnt say Rafa fu**ed Alonso up, I was saying that we needed to keep Alonso, and then perhaps this season we would now be fighting out the title race with Chelsea, man Utd and Arsenal instead of struggling to make the top 4.

Rafas lack of man management ability has consistently cost the club and will continue to cost us in the form of lack of on field success.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #76: Feb 06, 2010 12:46:29 pm
                                              Reina

Johnson/Darby   Skrtel/Kelly     Agger/Kyrgiakos        Aurelio/Insua

Mascherano     Lucas
      Kuyt/Maxi                                                Reira/Pacheco
                                      Aquilani

Torres

Check out all the gems in that team and note they were all Rafa players.
      Rafas negotiations were born out of footballing control of the club.
      Thats why he brought in all his own coaching staff. He is no fool he knows the owners have no money and he has the best staff in place to still bring him in the quality for the long term. Rodolfo and Mc will provide us with the quality we need and Rafa knows this.
      Check out the Reserves and Youth teams this year and you will see that. Rafa stayed for the fans and his love of the club not for haters like you.

I

Your best effort is to name practically the entire squad, so if you are under an illusion that this squad is full of quality then you are very easily satisfied. 

If you are saying Lucas is a gem, then heaven help us because 20 years in the wilderness is likely to become 25 in a hurry if we have to rely on Rafa finding gems like him.

I repeat, 66 players, and 5 painful years later and only   Torres, Reina, Johnson, mascherano the only gems in our team Rafa has brought in.

Not good enough 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #77: Feb 12, 2010 06:43:19 pm
      torres   2007   success  

mascherano  2007   success ....johnson  2009    success.....aquilani  .....

barry', mate there's some bloke over on 606 with the same username as you, he's from Oz (like you), supports Gillingham (like you) and follows England (like you) - sh*t!..... he even posts like you.

We need to build a team around Rooney, Valencia, Evra, Vidic....

The thing is tho', the 606 barrymanulow is a manc c**t who states Rooney is his favourite player. Maybe he's just some piece of sh*t, manc, WUM barry but, if i were you. i'd have a look-see at this F***ing maggot before he besmirches your good name further.  >:D

here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U10637172

credit to mattmcg for the heads-up by the way. :gt-happyup:
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010 06:50:28 pm by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #78: Feb 12, 2010 07:51:59 pm

I didnt say Rafa fu**ed Alonso up, I was saying that we needed to keep Alonso, and then perhaps this season we would now be fighting out the title race with Chelsea, man Utd and Arsenal instead of struggling to make the top 4.

Rafas lack of man management ability has consistently cost the club and will continue to cost us in the form of lack of on field success.
      Don't talk through your arse the only reason Alonso went is because he wanted out and told the manager so the only choice that Rafa had was to get the best price for him,which he did well. It was all to no avail when the money disappeared in the owners personal debt reduction scheme never to be seen again - and some people blame the manager for the clubs' woes....step forward Mr manU loo.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #79: Feb 13, 2010 03:30:23 am
      Don't talk through your arse the only reason Alonso went is because he wanted out and told the manager so the only choice that Rafa had was to get the best price for him,which he did well. It was all to no avail when the money disappeared in the owners personal debt reduction scheme never to be seen again - and some people blame the manager for the clubs' woes....step forward Mr manU loo.

Obviously you were in a coma when the Gareth barry saga was unfolding. Go back and do some homework and then revisit the issue when you are more informed.   
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #80: Feb 13, 2010 03:39:10 am

Obviously you were in a coma when the Gareth barry saga was unfolding. Go back and do some homework and then revisit the issue when you are more informed.   

And are you informed? We looked at Barry cos Alonso was sh*t! We couldn't get 20m for him let alone 30! Alonso then played a good season, and had Madrid come calling and went looking for glory. Rafa did well to get 30m out of the deal.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #81: Feb 13, 2010 05:02:32 am
      Love you raf!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #82: Feb 13, 2010 07:57:23 am
      And are you informed? We looked at Barry cos Alonso was sh*t! We couldn't get 20m for him let alone 30! Alonso then played a good season, and had Madrid come calling and went looking for glory. Rafa did well to get 30m out of the deal.

We couldn't get 12m!

Juve turned Alonso down for 9m euros signing Christian Poulsen.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #83: Feb 13, 2010 08:05:44 am
      We couldn't get 12m!

Juve turned Alonso down for 9m euros signing Christian Poulsen.

Aye very true! Shows how sh*t his stock was at the time, and for me it justifies Rafa trying to find an alternative.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #84: Feb 13, 2010 12:04:45 pm

I suppose when you are so engulfed in horseshit the temptation to add a little more seems perfectly acceptable to you but the horseshit on offer this time has been discussed and proved to be what it is.
      This was some time ago and you were no doubt on the manUre site because LFC were probably on a winning run.

Quick Reply