Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Rafa Snubs Juve

Read 8880 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Rafa Snubs Juve
      Reply #69: Feb 04, 2010 08:52:19 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/5013271/Rafael-Benitez-signs-new-Liverpool-contract-until-2014.html

This page talks about the 8 redrafts of the contract. Once again, if it had to be redrafted 8 times and then straight afterwards there is no money for players,  you must surely assume that this was well known to Rafa in March when he signed the contract.

If he didnt know, and he still signed then he must be the biggest dingbat ever.

But he did, and thats why the contract was so huge in remuneration.

Rafas priorities were the money money money and Parry out of the way.
      The trade off, no money for players, and keep nice and polite about it in public.

*more bullshit*

Seriously did you even read the article? One of the deals he turned down was because he wanted MORE control over transfers, valuations etc! Jaysus :mad:
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #70: Feb 05, 2010 04:34:13 am
      If that is the case then so what? Whats your point?

Not Rafas problem they wont back him. Not Rafas fault he hasn't got a penny to spend. Whether he new that before he signed the contract doesn't really make a difference IMO.

So Rafa wanted to secure his future? Can you blame him after the yanks went and met with Klinsman on the sly behind everybodys backs? If there has been any greed on Rafas part then so what? Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds.

My guess is Rafa wants to stay at LFC for a long long time and continue to build on what hes started. So hes wanted to get the best possible deal for himself along the way, and what? He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game.

I agree with your post..........  when you say  "Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds." 

I dont agree with  ..........    "He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game."

Who are the players he bought in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 that he has developed into better players, and are still in our team?

5 years to build a great team, 66 players bought in by Rafa in that time   

alonso 2004  would have been a success if rafa hadnt fu**ed it up.

torres   2007   success 

mascherano  2007   success

johnson  2009    success

aquilani   2009  too early to say

All high priced players who along with Gerrard we need to retain and build a strong team around.

So where are the gems, 5 years and 66 players later........... 

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #71: Feb 05, 2010 10:16:52 am
      Barry - why dont you log on to your own teams forum theres a good boy.

Actually before you do I have a question - what manager do you want to see in Rafa's place that is available.

I have my idea on your answer but Im hoping yours wont be that obvious.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #72: Feb 05, 2010 10:50:31 am

I agree with your post..........  when you say  "Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds."  

I dont agree with  ..........    "He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game."

Who are the players he bought in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 that he has developed into better players, and are still in our team?

alonso 2004  would have been a success if rafa hadnt fu**ed it up.

torres   2007   success  

mascherano  2007   success

johnson  2009    success

aquilani   2009  too early to say

All high priced players who along with Gerrard we need to retain and build a strong team around.

Reina

Johnson/Darby   Skrtel/Kelly     Agger/Kyrgiakos        Aurelio/Insua

Mascherano     Lucas
      Kuyt/Maxi                                                Reira/Pacheco
                                      Aquilani

Torres

Check out all the gems in that team and note they were all Rafa players.
      Rafas negotiations were born out of footballing control of the club.
      Thats why he brought in all his own coaching staff. He is no fool he knows the owners have no money and he has the best staff in place to still bring him in the quality for the long term. Rodolfo and Mc will provide us with the quality we need and Rafa knows this.
      Check out the Reserves and Youth teams this year and you will see that. Rafa stayed for the fans and his love of the club not for haters like you.

Its clear from your name that your a Manure fan anyway..
      barry MANU low
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8614 
      Reply #73: Feb 05, 2010 11:26:42 am

I agree with your post..........  when you say  "Its what modern day football is about and 80% of the people involved in football nowadays are greedy bas**rds." 

I dont agree with  ..........    "He deserves it, hes one of the best managers in the game."

alonso 2004  would have been a success if rafa hadnt fu**ed it up.

torres   2007   success 

mascherano  2007   success

johnson  2009    success

aquilani   2009  too early to say

Yeah fu**ed Alonso up so much, that he was able to sell him to Real Madrid for £30 million, thats a £20 million profit on what we bought him for!

LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #74: Feb 06, 2010 12:00:11 pm
      Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says he was "proud" to be talked about as the next manager of Italian side Juventus but insists he is happy to stay at Liverpool.

Interview link:

BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez flattered by Juventus link
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #75: Feb 06, 2010 12:31:21 pm
      Yeah fu**ed Alonso up so much, that he was able to sell him to Real Madrid for £30 million, thats a £20 million profit on what we bought him for!

I didnt say Rafa fu**ed Alonso up, I was saying that we needed to keep Alonso, and then perhaps this season we would now be fighting out the title race with Chelsea, man Utd and Arsenal instead of struggling to make the top 4.

Rafas lack of man management ability has consistently cost the club and will continue to cost us in the form of lack of on field success.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #76: Feb 06, 2010 12:46:29 pm
                                              Reina

Johnson/Darby   Skrtel/Kelly     Agger/Kyrgiakos        Aurelio/Insua

Mascherano     Lucas
      Kuyt/Maxi                                                Reira/Pacheco
                                      Aquilani

Torres

Check out all the gems in that team and note they were all Rafa players.
      Rafas negotiations were born out of footballing control of the club.
      Thats why he brought in all his own coaching staff. He is no fool he knows the owners have no money and he has the best staff in place to still bring him in the quality for the long term. Rodolfo and Mc will provide us with the quality we need and Rafa knows this.
      Check out the Reserves and Youth teams this year and you will see that. Rafa stayed for the fans and his love of the club not for haters like you.

I

Your best effort is to name practically the entire squad, so if you are under an illusion that this squad is full of quality then you are very easily satisfied. 

If you are saying Lucas is a gem, then heaven help us because 20 years in the wilderness is likely to become 25 in a hurry if we have to rely on Rafa finding gems like him.

I repeat, 66 players, and 5 painful years later and only   Torres, Reina, Johnson, mascherano the only gems in our team Rafa has brought in.

Not good enough 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #77: Feb 12, 2010 06:43:19 pm
      torres   2007   success  

mascherano  2007   success ....johnson  2009    success.....aquilani  .....

barry', mate there's some bloke over on 606 with the same username as you, he's from Oz (like you), supports Gillingham (like you) and follows England (like you) - sh*t!..... he even posts like you.

We need to build a team around Rooney, Valencia, Evra, Vidic....

The thing is tho', the 606 barrymanulow is a manc c**t who states Rooney is his favourite player. Maybe he's just some piece of sh*t, manc, WUM barry but, if i were you. i'd have a look-see at this F***ing maggot before he besmirches your good name further.  >:D

here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U10637172

credit to mattmcg for the heads-up by the way. :gt-happyup:
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010 06:50:28 pm by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #78: Feb 12, 2010 07:51:59 pm

I didnt say Rafa fu**ed Alonso up, I was saying that we needed to keep Alonso, and then perhaps this season we would now be fighting out the title race with Chelsea, man Utd and Arsenal instead of struggling to make the top 4.

Rafas lack of man management ability has consistently cost the club and will continue to cost us in the form of lack of on field success.
      Don't talk through your arse the only reason Alonso went is because he wanted out and told the manager so the only choice that Rafa had was to get the best price for him,which he did well. It was all to no avail when the money disappeared in the owners personal debt reduction scheme never to be seen again - and some people blame the manager for the clubs' woes....step forward Mr manU loo.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #79: Feb 13, 2010 03:30:23 am
      Don't talk through your arse the only reason Alonso went is because he wanted out and told the manager so the only choice that Rafa had was to get the best price for him,which he did well. It was all to no avail when the money disappeared in the owners personal debt reduction scheme never to be seen again - and some people blame the manager for the clubs' woes....step forward Mr manU loo.

Obviously you were in a coma when the Gareth barry saga was unfolding. Go back and do some homework and then revisit the issue when you are more informed.   
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #80: Feb 13, 2010 03:39:10 am

Obviously you were in a coma when the Gareth barry saga was unfolding. Go back and do some homework and then revisit the issue when you are more informed.   

And are you informed? We looked at Barry cos Alonso was sh*t! We couldn't get 20m for him let alone 30! Alonso then played a good season, and had Madrid come calling and went looking for glory. Rafa did well to get 30m out of the deal.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #81: Feb 13, 2010 05:02:32 am
      Love you raf!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #82: Feb 13, 2010 07:57:23 am
      And are you informed? We looked at Barry cos Alonso was sh*t! We couldn't get 20m for him let alone 30! Alonso then played a good season, and had Madrid come calling and went looking for glory. Rafa did well to get 30m out of the deal.

We couldn't get 12m!

Juve turned Alonso down for 9m euros signing Christian Poulsen.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #83: Feb 13, 2010 08:05:44 am
      We couldn't get 12m!

Juve turned Alonso down for 9m euros signing Christian Poulsen.

Aye very true! Shows how sh*t his stock was at the time, and for me it justifies Rafa trying to find an alternative.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #84: Feb 13, 2010 12:04:45 pm

I suppose when you are so engulfed in horseshit the temptation to add a little more seems perfectly acceptable to you but the horseshit on offer this time has been discussed and proved to be what it is.
      This was some time ago and you were no doubt on the manUre site because LFC were probably on a winning run.

Quick Reply