Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Freddy offers to Carry Michael to Liverpool

Read 2623 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Freddy offers to Carry Michael to Liverpool
      May 12, 2007 12:26:46 pm
      Maybe its tongue in cheek but Freddy Sheperd is now offering to carry Michael back to Anfield  ;D
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWx5RK1G9c0 
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Re: Freddy offers to Carry Michael to Liverpool
      Reply #1: May 12, 2007 12:40:58 pm
      haha funny that one
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: May 12, 2007 05:03:07 pm
      I wonder if it was a dig at Owens injury record..........hmmmmm  ;D
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #3: May 13, 2007 01:29:21 am
      nearly pissed my self with laughing carry him back for 9 mill make it 8 and half of the kop will carry him. please stay where you are owen you made your bed now lie in it .
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: May 13, 2007 02:47:49 pm
      Swap for Bellamy.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #5: May 21, 2007 01:57:08 pm
      Yep - pity the vid was carried by some dodgy-dealing Newcastle United fans who rip off Liverpool fans.

If you haven't visited this site then do:
      http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/
      Sisowler
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • . 1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
      Reply #6: Jun 02, 2007 12:51:20 pm
      Id take Owen back for 9m. Quality player.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #7: Jun 14, 2007 06:41:27 pm
      Agreed, Owen = Quality.
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 15, 2007 12:22:54 pm
      Wouldn't touch him now!! Newcastle can keep him IMO
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Jun 15, 2007 01:56:23 pm
      Wouldn't touch him now!! Newcastle can keep him IMO

Can I ask what you mean by "Wouldn't touch him now" and what opinion you actually have on Owen as your statement is a bit vague, as are the posters who just say "yes I'd have him back he's great" I'm not being picky or trying to dictate but can we have a reason why you think what you think please as a forum is for discussing points of view, not one line comments.
      Cheers
      Glenbuck ;)
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 15, 2007 02:40:57 pm
      Can I ask what you mean by "Wouldn't touch him now" and what opinion you actually have on Owen as your statement is a bit vague, as are the posters who just say "yes I'd have him back he's great" I'm not being picky or trying to dictate but can we have a reason why you think what you think please as a forum is for discussing points of view, not one line comments.
      Cheers
      Glenbuck ;)

No problem, Didn't think.... (please excuse spelling)

Right, Micheal Broke my Heart when he ''walked out'' and joined Real Madrid, only a week after saying he was ''closer than ever to signing a new deal'' at Liverpool.
      A supposed boyhood (well for the most part) RED just walks out on the club Who made him the player he is (Was) without even giving new manager a chance

Iv still not got Over that.

Then A season Later He wants to Leave the ''Greatest Club In The World'' To save his England Career
      Liverpool Were interested in him, But low and behold a bigger wage offer comes in from an Average Club (Newcastle) and he's off to St James Park.

And ok before people come back with the excuses.... We didn't have the money and so on and so forth, We wanted to sign him on Loan that summer And then bring him back in The following summer after that (at least thats what was being said at that time) Yet where did he go??? I ''personally'' haven't forgiven him for that.

And thats why I wouldn't touch him by bringing him back to Anfield. He's had his chance and he Picked the wages at Newcastle. for that Newcastle can have him.

I aint in anyway having a go at anyone who would have him back, thats your chioice and I respect that. Personally I say NO to him. Was awfull watching him doing his Press conferance in Madrid. To many painfull memorys to just let go likd that.

Plus there was rumours (undenied) about Man Uer!!!!! which is also tainting him to me...... but for the most part see above^^^
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2007 03:00:16 pm by bruno7 »
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Jun 15, 2007 02:59:38 pm
      Thanks mate, i respect your opinion but i think it was more a case of Newcastle lobbing £17m at Madrid for Owen when we where only offering £12m that sealed his fate, Owen was asked to keep his nerve and refuse to move as if Liverpool remained the only club Owen wanted to join then surely Madrid would have to accept our offer. The only thing Michael Owen is guilty of is being scared stiff the move to Liverpool wouldn't happen and he would be left in the reserves at Madrid, and so not wanting to play Russian roulette with his career during a world cup year he bottled it and joined Newcastle.I have lost count of the players who have walked away from our club and left me in tears, but that is only because i valued them so much when we had them, and if you dont think a Michael Owen who is still scoring goals is not worth £9m to bring him back and do a job for us then thats fine its your opinion, but remember to forget emotions and look at cold hard business facts and then tell me he can't do a job for us.

Quick Reply