Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Purslow: Owners want too much money - RBS want them out

Read 15922 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Purslow: Owners want too much money - RBS want them out
      Reply #138: Feb 07, 2010 04:15:38 pm
      First off 'debs - well done and big respect for perseverance.

Secondly the portion of Hicks' reply that I've underlined would seem to lend weight to the notion that further investment and dilution of H & G's ownership isn't too far away. The end is nigh......we hope. :angel:

Thanks Bad Boy.

Yeah there does seem to be hints throughout his replies that things are more likely to happen than not.

Here's the final emails.  His replies are in bold

I respectfully disagree and respectfully am ending our exchange. I just ask
      that you let events speak for themselves.

And I will end our exchange with "condescension" is a worse insult than
      lacking respect, but thank you for at least sharing your thoughts.

You are very welcome.

Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #139: Feb 07, 2010 04:15:59 pm
      Iam not saying give up your season ticket just don't spend in the ground. But if you have given up your season ticket in order to get rid of the Yanks then good on you

i have to travel up from London so it wasnt as tough a decision as it might have been - i just wish however that we could get some co-ordinated action on the go because these Yanks are here for the long haul
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #140: Feb 07, 2010 04:28:57 pm
      ^ to the guy who seemingly has contact with Tom Hicks

Well done on getting in contact with him - keep up the pressure and definitely, as have been doing, keep the tone respectful and about the issues, not personal attacks (even though he deserves them)

Would it be an idea to perhaps consult with some of the 'big-wigs' from the forum in perparing draught replies, in order to be as hard-hitting as possible?
      (sorry if you're already doing so, I'm new to the forum)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #141: Feb 07, 2010 04:39:39 pm
      ^ to the guy who seemingly has contact with Tom Hicks

Well done on getting in contact with him - keep up the pressure and definitely, as have been doing, keep the tone respectful and about the issues, not personal attacks (even though he deserves them)

Would it be an idea to perhaps consult with some of the 'big-wigs' from the forum in perparing draught replies, in order to be as hard-hitting as possible?
      (sorry if you're already doing so, I'm new to the forum)

Thanks for the support and welcome to the forum.

This is all off my own back although the mods are aware of my effort.  I'm sure if they wanted to add anything they would let me know but I believe the reason I get responses (good and bad) is due to the emails coming from me rather than something "official" if you get my meaning.

BTW I'm a gal not a guy!
      Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #142: Feb 07, 2010 05:03:13 pm
      The Americans are here for the long haul I'm afraid. They're selling off some of their favourite franchises just to keep a grip of us. We're a potential goldmine and they'll only leave on their terms, which will probably mean bankruptcy for us.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #143: Feb 07, 2010 05:09:38 pm
      The Americans are here for the long haul I'm afraid. They're selling off some of their favourite franchises just to keep a grip of us. We're a potential goldmine and they'll only leave on their terms, which will probably mean bankruptcy for us.
      Then do somethingabout it, don't sit on your rear and moan ?.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #144: Feb 07, 2010 05:41:42 pm
      The Problem about giving up your Season Ticket in protest is that the next person in line, who has been waiting years and years to get a season ticket is going to buy it.  

Giving up your Season Ticket only hurts that specific fan and takes away a piece of what he is, a LFC supporter. Season Tickets are passed down from Father to Son and so on, Its not fair to expect someone to give up something which for some is a huge part of their life.

Especially in the hopes that it will force the owners out.  The current Owners are in a sh*t storm now.  They know they need to get out, they want to get out, its just a matter of time. I think we will have new Owners by the start of next season.  I think the financing of the club will force them out and force them to stop trying to make a profit and just sell the team to stop the bleeding and stop the revenue losses.

I agree that you should NOT buy a thing inside Anfield or any LFC Licensed merchandise.  Stop buying the New kits every year, get the cheap ones off Ebay. Dont buy food or drink inside. Support the business around Anfield as much as possible because with a new stadium, those local pubs around Anfield are going to suffer if the Stadium is moved to a farther location. So, support these local places as much as you can.

Support the vendors outside Anfield. But unfortunately, any ticket will send a little money to H&G. No matter how you get it. But you can support the team and protest at the same time. Bring banners and signs, protest outside Anfield. As long as your not on LFC property they cant do sh*t to you. They cant confiscate banners or signs. Be loud, and get large numbers. If that happens you will slowly get the press and it will create waves.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #145: Feb 07, 2010 06:21:03 pm
      The club is only a goldmine if your are willing to put your own money into it, if the clubs is constantly in the same position it has been this season there will a lot less revenue coming in through sponsorship and champions league and other outlets.

If they want to make money out of Liverpool your have to provide substanial transfer funds so we can compete for Premierships and Champions League otherwise they are completely wasting there time even contemplating a new stadium you need a successful team to fill it.

Barc and Real spend £50 million plus every season if they are not willing to spend that the club is going no where.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      Reply #146: Feb 07, 2010 06:24:35 pm
      Yes that is the problem no money = stagnation and thats all we will get from the Yanks at best
      Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #147: Feb 07, 2010 06:46:09 pm
      Then do somethingabout it, don't sit on your rear and moan ?.

Who are you talking to? You know nothing about me. When you come up with a better idea to force out two ruthless leverage buy out merchants than sitting on the internet posting fake superfan rally cries and questioning the motives of others, give me a shout.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      Reply #148: Feb 07, 2010 07:21:27 pm
      A little touch there mate
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #149: Feb 09, 2010 03:22:19 am
      When it comes to their Sport holdings and Investments, LFC is certainly the best investment for them. Which could be the reason they are selling off their other investments.  Do I think that any money made from the sale of the Dallas Stars will find its way into Liverpools debt? I dont know. He is making a move. Hicks sold the Texas Rangers now the Stars.  So its only one of two possibilities.

Keep Liverpool and try and buy out Gillette with the Rangers and Stars money or also sell his shares of LFC and get out of sports altogether. Because I dont think he will invest more money into the club with Gillette still splitting the bills. Its like 2 kids fighting over a toy. One kid wants it for himself and if he cant get it then hell ruin it for the other kid. I think its as simple as that.

These guys know what they have. They know this team is a goldmine and an automatic cash machine. They just cant work together. Owning Liverpool is far and away the better investment than the Texas Rangers or Dallas Stars. Hicks knows that.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #150: Feb 09, 2010 10:19:18 pm
      I read Man U fans are planning to organise a boycott of season ticket sales - not about time we did something similar?

Man U are now where we could have been.
      We should think ourselves lucky that RBS are calling the shots.

The lads need us. Buy tickets for them.
      The bank will take care of the bas**rds H and G.
      Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #151: Feb 09, 2010 10:27:22 pm
      I'd love to see the mancs try that. There'll always be another inbred from Devon ready to step in.

It's strange though. I haven't heard a peep about the Glazers for the last 3 seasons while they were sweeping up and the debt was getting bigger and bigger, now everyone, including their media mates, are suddenly interested in the state of their finances again because there was signs they were faltering early on in the season, which will no doubt subside now they are back in with a shout of the league and CL.

Quick Reply