Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Chester expelled from Conference

Read 888 times
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Chester expelled from Conference
      Feb 26, 2010 04:49:56 pm
      Chester City expelled from Football Conference with immediate effect

Chester City have been expelled from the Football Conference. The Football Conference board recommended the action against the league's bottom club at a meeting of member clubs at Rushden & Diamonds this morning.

A statement read: "Member clubs of the Football Conference, at a general meeting held today, voted in support of the board of directors' recommendation to erase Chester City (2004) FC Ltd from membership in accordance with Article 5.2."

This month the club were suspended from the Conference after failing to fulfil their fixtures against Forest Green and Wrexham, and had been asked to prove that such a situation would not arise again.

Chester were unable to field a team for their game at Forest Green after unpaid players refused to get on the team bus They were also forced to postpone the derby with Wrexham because the local authority issued a prohibition notice on the Deva Stadium after police refused to man the game over an unpaid bill.

Chester were handed a 25-point penalty after falling into administration last summer and were 33 points adrift of safety.

They faced a winding-up order from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs last month but were handed a 42-day adjournment, and the club was also put up for sale for £1.

A Conference spokesman confirmed Chester's records would be expunged.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/26/chester-city-expelled-football-conference

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Chester expelled from Conference
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2010 04:52:03 pm
      Real shame.

Think I heard they are looking at re-building a brand new team however, starting off in the UniBond league or something?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2010 06:17:15 pm
      Shame to lose a club with 125 years of history. But good for the fans, who wanted to set up a new club. And it will finally get rid of Steven Vaughan who came so close to doing the same to Barrow a decade ago.

Real shame.

Think I heard they are looking at re-building a brand new team however, starting off in the UniBond league or something?

North West Counties Premier will be the new club's destination I believe.

Good luck, Chester.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2010 06:29:43 pm
      Real shame.

I think the Unibond League will definately accept them. They've accepted Lancaster City and Halifax Town in recent seasons and Kings Lynn in the Unibond Premier have already folded this season with Durham City already in administration and folding come May. Chester will probably find themselves in the Unibond First North.

What a shame Lancaster won't be there to welcome them :D

Quick Reply