Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)

Read 16760 times
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,071 posts |
      Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)
      Feb 22, 2010 11:37:22 pm
      Unirea Urziceni  vs Liverpool 6pm GMT

LIVE ON: ESPN UK

Another European night... Its not what we would like in Europa League but we are Liverpool Football Club and lifting silverware is what we do.

There is no reason why should not go and win this competition. Media and fellow fans around England call this some kind of a "micky mouse cup" .. hey get it right.. thats the League Cup.. Europa League is a rebrand name of its UEFA Cup... Liverpool FC makes history so lets re-write another history by winning the 1st Europa League...

Score 1 on Thursday and we are though... I cant see them scoring against us.. Sit back defend and hit them on the break.. They need a goal, they will come at us.. it creates spaces and hopefully plenty of creativity from the boys....

Pacheco to start..!
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2010 10:49:00 am by JD »
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)
      Reply #1: Feb 22, 2010 11:42:35 pm
      It's on ITV4 isn't it? After Fulham/Shakhtar?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)
      Reply #2: Feb 22, 2010 11:43:57 pm
      Probably go through on away goals. 

They kick off at 4pm?
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #3: Feb 22, 2010 11:47:41 pm

That game is on ITV4 same time as us..6pm

We are on ESPN
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: Feb 22, 2010 11:49:11 pm
      Says on ITV4 that there is a Europa League double header on thursday, thought it may be us.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #5: Feb 22, 2010 11:52:33 pm
      Oh hairy testicles. I haven't got ESPN. 'Extra Soccer Prices Now'. Rip-off merchants.
      Just seen this on Live Football on TV' website  ???

Code: [Select]
      Thursday 25th February
      SPORT FIXTURE TIME FIXTURE TOURNAMENT CHANNELS & BROADCAST TIMES
      Unirea Urziceni v Liverpool
      UEFA Europa League ESPN (17:30-20:00)
      Five (17:45-20:00 Schedule B)
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 22, 2010 11:54:32 pm
      Five showing blueshite
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #7: Feb 22, 2010 11:55:32 pm
      Would love to see Torres play in this one, he will scare the sh*t out of their defence, and bag a brace if not a hatrick.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #8: Feb 23, 2010 12:01:21 am
      This will surely only take one goal now.

Going to miss it as I have a gig :(.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #9: Feb 23, 2010 12:14:52 am
      I really hope rafa go for the broke and not just try to defend the 1-0 lead.
      If we do that, we will lose the tie.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #10: Feb 23, 2010 10:34:22 am
      I really hope rafa go for the broke and not just try to defend the 1-0 lead.
      You know that's exactly what he will try to do. Ok, if we manage to nick a couple of goals then he may let the players loose to do some damage but history would suggest that Rafa will settle for 0-0 and a 'professional' performance.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #11: Feb 23, 2010 10:54:42 am
      You know that's exactly what he will try to do. Ok, if we manage to nick a couple of goals then he may let the players loose to do some damage but history would suggest that Rafa will settle for 0-0 and a 'professional' performance.

I'd say thats near enough spot on mate. ;)

If we go 1 up they'll need to score 3 as we will have an away goal.. so once we score I can see them unleashing some fury :P
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Feb 23, 2010 12:22:11 pm
      Just read on the official site that Pacheco is away with Spains under 19's squad but doesn't say if he's available for this match.

Bol**cks to 6pm k.o I'm at work till 8pm but thank god for sky plus.

Can't see Rafa doing anything to risk our lead in this one, it'll be the usual cautious lineup, stop them scoring and hopefully get an early away goal so we can relax and play a bit more freely.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #13: Feb 23, 2010 12:50:14 pm
      Just read on the official site that Pacheco is away with Spains under 19's squad but doesn't say if he's available for this match.

Is that why he wasn't around for the Man City match then? I was fuming when I saw he wasn't even on the bench.
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #14: Feb 23, 2010 12:55:06 pm
      Hopefully Pacheco does play and we see him playing alongside Torres becasue that sound like a brilliant pairing
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Feb 23, 2010 01:20:44 pm
      Is that why he wasn't around for the Man City match then? I was fuming when I saw he wasn't even on the bench.

Could be mate.  It doesn't say how long he's been with them or when he's due back. 

It was actually mentioned in a Reserves article as Dalla Valle had been called up from the Youth team to replace him but that games been called off now so the article has gone.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 23, 2010 01:43:10 pm
      this will be deja vue they parking the bus hoping to nick a goal. we have very little effect when a team uses this stategy. another bore fest if we get one goal and a clean sheet thats sufficient. pity the poor fans watching it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd l
      Reply #17: Feb 23, 2010 01:47:54 pm
      'Could' be an entertaining game.

I expect them to start cagey - hoping to snatch a set-piece goal or something.  If we score first here we could knock a few in because they will have to make a game of it.

I'm not even contemplating the possibility of us going out - even if they score first, I expect us to get the goal that we need.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Feb 23, 2010 01:54:06 pm
      'Could' be an entertaining game.

I expect them to start cagey - hoping to snatch a set-piece goal or something.  If we score first here we could knock a few in because they will have to make a game of it.

I'm not even contemplating the possibility of us going out - even if they score first, I expect us to get the goal that we need.

Me neither JD. 

Yes they were organised at Anfield and the game plan was clearly to stop us scoring and/or get an away goal, they achieved neither so it's going to be a completely different game to last week.

They have to score this time so there will be more space for us going forward and with Torres and Benni back our attacking options are improved.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Feb 23, 2010 02:49:06 pm

Bol**cks to 6pm k.o I'm at work till 8pm but thank god for sky plus.

Can't see Rafa doing anything to risk our lead in this one, it'll be the usual cautious lineup, stop them scoring and hopefully get an early away goal so we can relax and play a bit more freely.

Hopefully thats why he didnt start against Citeh.

Pacheco            Maxi              Beni

Torres

How about giving that a go up front
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #20: Feb 23, 2010 02:55:25 pm
      Hopefully thats why he didnt start against Citeh.

Maxi              Pacheco.             Beni

Torres

How about giving that a go up front

Edited that for u.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #21: Feb 23, 2010 03:00:46 pm
      I want to see the Greek at the back and i want to see a full offense for a smashing result against them.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #22: Feb 23, 2010 03:10:01 pm
      I agree!!!  We dont need to play defensive against these idiots!

They showed nothing at Anfield for us to be afraid of- they wanted an away goal- and failed miserably!

Would like to just see us destroy them- like 3 or 4-0!  Why not?? We are more than capable!!

Quick Reply