Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)

Read 16892 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)
      Reply #23: Feb 23, 2010 04:34:41 pm
      I think we will go on to win 3-0,the pressure is on them to score as they will be aware that we may get an early away goal and that will really put the sh*t up them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)
      Reply #24: Feb 23, 2010 04:40:36 pm

Maxi drifts into the middle anyway....
      Reckon that row of three would be able to swap across and confuse the hell out of defenders
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #25: Feb 23, 2010 04:45:40 pm
      A good chance for Torres to get some sharpness.

Benayoun too.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Feb 23, 2010 04:57:36 pm
      From what I've been reading today sounds like Nando will be on the bench rather than starting but will probably start the Blackburn game.

Rafa's not pleased that Spains manager has said Nando will be called up for the International friendly against France next week now he's playing again.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #27: Feb 23, 2010 05:04:44 pm
      From what I've been reading today sounds like Nando will be on the bench rather than starting but will probably start the Blackburn game.

Rafa's not pleased that Spains manager has said Nando will be called up for the International friendly against France next week now he's playing again.

there is no way nando should be let play for spain next week especially for a friendly, LFC pays his wages
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Feb 23, 2010 05:07:07 pm

Rafa should tell Del Boy to F**k off shouldn't he! He's not even fully fit to playing competitive football, never mind a pointless friendly.

Agreed with you about Torres starting on the bench though Debs. I wouldn't be surprised by that seeing as the Blackburn game holds more significance to our future.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Feb 23, 2010 05:13:13 pm

there is no way nando should be let play for spain next week especially for a friendly, LFC pays his wages

Exactly mate.  Think that's why Rafa said he won't start, he doesn't want Spain thinking he's ready for International duty, especially not a friendly.

We all know the outcome when Nando plays for Spain.
      Rafa should tell Del Boy to f**k off shouldn't he! He's not even fully fit to playing competitive football, never mind a pointless friendly.

Agreed with you about Torres starting on the bench though Debs. I wouldn't be surprised by that seeing as the Blackburn game holds more significance to our future.

Agreed RK.  We can get through the 2nd leg without him starting, the Blackburn game though is a different matter.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #30: Feb 23, 2010 05:24:22 pm
      Just realised it's on ESPN!

F**k off!
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #31: Feb 23, 2010 05:36:53 pm
      I'm really hoping for a thrashing here (i expect one in every game but that's not the point), i think there is a lot of frustration inside the players that needs to be let out.

Would like to see Pacheco start and it would be good to see Yossi and Nando feature again.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #32: Feb 23, 2010 05:50:25 pm
      I'm pretty sure it's on ITV 4
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Feb 23, 2010 05:50:58 pm
      I'm really hoping for a thrashing here (I expect one in every game but that's not the point), I think there is a lot of frustration inside the players that needs to be let out.

Would like to see Pacheco start and it would be good to see Yossi and Nando feature again.

Dodge enough game this.

Wouldnt start Yossi or Nando rather have them coming in if needed

Reina

Carra Skrtel Agger insua

Masch Lucas

Stevie Aqua Aurelio

Kuyt

That gives options of Torres Yossi Babel and Riera to com in if needed
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #34: Feb 23, 2010 05:52:21 pm

Offal says ESPN.

EDIT:

Shaktar v Fulham and Juve v Ajax on ITV 4.
      Blueshite on Five.
      Liverpool on ESPN.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #35: Feb 23, 2010 05:54:50 pm
      Just checked the TV schedule and its not being shown on ITV4. Just ESPN.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: Feb 23, 2010 05:58:31 pm
       I would dearly love to see us score an early goal and that would surely open them up,a packed defence would not help them as it did at Anfield.If we get that early goal then the floodgates will open and we should take them comfortably.I am a believer.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #37: Feb 23, 2010 06:09:45 pm
      I would dearly love to see us score an early goal and that would surely open them up. A packed defence would not help them as it did at Anfield. If we get that early goal then the floodgates will open and we should take them comfortably. I am a believer.

I'm with you on that Billy! Get an early goal then smash them! Roar!!!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #38: Feb 23, 2010 06:45:29 pm

They want him fit for the World Cup, so I don't think they'll take that big of a risk on him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Feb 23, 2010 06:59:28 pm
      They want him fit for the World Cup, so I don't think they'll take that big of a risk on him.

So why call him up when it's only a friendly mate?  Even training with them when he's still recovering could be dodgy, just leave him be I say.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd l
      Reply #40: Feb 23, 2010 07:38:04 pm
      So why call him up when it's only a friendly mate?  Even training with them when he's still recovering could be dodgy, just leave him be I say.

I can only assume that they want him present. He's a big player for them and having him around while they are preparing for a World Cup challenge might be important to them. I'm not agreeing with them calling him up. I want to see him stay here and continue with our staff. But I can sort of see why they'd want him in the squad.

I'll be fuming and absolutely gobsmacked if he starts their friendly. Or even gets more than 20 minutes.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #41: Feb 23, 2010 07:44:22 pm
      I can only assume that they want him present. He's a big player for them and having him around while they are preparing for a World Cup challenge might be important to them. I'm not agreeing with them calling him up. I want to see him stay here and continue with our staff. But I can sort of see why they'd want him in the squad.

I'll be fuming and absolutely gobsmacked if he starts their friendly. Or even gets more than 20 minutes.

Yeah I guess he is as important to their team morale as he is to ours.  His presense is enough.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #42: Feb 23, 2010 10:08:19 pm
      Do not think that they will be many goals in this match, the players will have one eye on Sunday's game against Blackburn, also being realistic it way back in September when we scorerd more than two goals in a match, that was 6 against Hull.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #43: Feb 23, 2010 10:18:37 pm
      Reina
      Kelly - Kygriakos - Skrtel - Aurelio
      Pacheco - Gerrard - Masch - Benayoun
      Aquilani
      Torres

I'm hopeing that will be the side we see. With maybe a run out for Johnson in the second half to get some match sharpness back.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #44: Feb 24, 2010 03:06:47 am
      I'd start Torres because we can always pull him at half, 50, 60 or whenever. Get him as much time as he wants/needs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Feb 24, 2010 04:49:32 am
      I'd start Torres because we can always pull him at half, 50, 60 or whenever. Get him as much time as he wants/needs.

Personally, i think the less minutes is exactly what he wants/needs.

Quick Reply