Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)

Read 16879 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)
      Reply #69: Feb 24, 2010 06:44:55 pm
      These guys aren't as bad as they looked in the first game, they came for a draw and nearly got.

We should be too strong for them, but I'm not going to take them lightly, after all they did as well as we did in the Champion's League.

I think we will sneak a 1-0 win, but remember the league cup and FA cup!! Worse teams have beaten us before.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd leg)
      Reply #70: Feb 24, 2010 06:57:10 pm
      I know some people will not like the kick-off time, but it suits me down to the ground. Get home from school and go straight into watching the Reds playing- brilliant :). Anyway, we should be far too strong for them, whatever team we put out. I expect Rafa to put a strong team out, just to make sure. Come on lads, no messing about!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #71: Feb 24, 2010 08:48:10 pm
      My very first ever Liverpool match was at Anfield against the Romanian champions. It was 1984 and we won 1-0 at home.  Went on to win the European Cup.

I think that was my fourth of fifth Liverpool game JD Sammy Lee Header if i remember correctly

I wouldnt play Torres or Benny from the start in this,would have them on the bench at best
      would play the following

Reina
                Carra    Skirtl  Sotis   Aurelio
                  Gerrard      Masch Lucas  Babel
                                    Ngog
                         Kuyt

2 thing's to clear up, what's the score with Pacheco is he away with Spain?
      Also is the game on ITV 4 at all, because have an early finish from work booked in. But don't have ESPN
      All these bloody channels

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: Feb 24, 2010 09:27:34 pm
      Not sure what's happening with Pacheco guys. 

When I posted yesterday that he's with the Spanish under 19's team the article didn't say for how long.

Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #73: Feb 24, 2010 09:59:46 pm
      Dont have a clue about Pacheco- Guess we will have to wait and find out tomorrow!!

And the game is on ESPN- If you look on the fixture list on lfc.tv- it says which games are live on the telly- and which channels they are on- kick off times etc...

I am also quietly confident- Have the night off work so will be able to watch the whole game and not jus the second half!!
      Hoping they also come out and play some football- might just encourage us to do the same!!!

2-0  Come on lads!!!!
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #74: Feb 24, 2010 10:22:34 pm

Maybe thats a blessing in disguise, if Rafa keeps him on the bench, then he wont be involved in Del Boys plans for Spain??
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #75: Feb 24, 2010 11:17:01 pm
      Torres wont start a game until we play united away.. With the game we have i dont think he needs to start. We should do it without him with maybe giving him 15-20 mins in the final phase of the game...

I would keep same back 4 which started v city....

Lucas n masch in middle as holding.. Put Gerrard on right.. Aquliani in the hole...  Babel on left... Kuyt up front...

or Gerrard in the hole.. Pacheco on the right with Aquliani on bench..

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #76: Feb 25, 2010 06:44:28 am
      Agreed.

Crouchy mate any idea if this is on ESPN here, there are two scheduled matches one at 5am and another at 7am but only says "mathcday"?!

Dado, it's deffo the 5am kick off game on ESPN....set the alarm already.

Off topic...gutted not showing the Blackburn game on the weekend as they are showing the F***ing Villa v Manc Final...fuckkkk.

Back On topic...well as Billy mentioned in another thread we haven't scored more than 2 goals since Septmeber. Think if we get the early goal, with Nando and Benni in the side, the floodgates might open and we might remember how to put the ball in the back of the net.

Come on you Reds, let's put this to bed ASAP so we can rest the big guns for the Blackburn game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #77: Feb 25, 2010 06:50:44 am
      Agreed.

Crouchy mate any idea if this is on ESPN here, there are two scheduled matches one at 5am and another at 7am but only says "mathcday"?!

Sorry mate didn't see this post.

As Aussie said, it is.

Do you's know if it will be the game SBS show at 6:30?

EDIT: No it is not. They claim to have a live game, and ours is at 4:45, not 6:45 :( Stream for me. I shouldn't of broken our Fox box.

Sporting v Everton. Again ??? They never show both matches of a tie live.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #78: Feb 25, 2010 07:48:06 am
      Ah. Early kick-off. Good. I won't have to stay awake long into the night. :P
      Really hoping for a comfortable victory.
      Any idea who we would face if we won this fixture, or is the draw yet to be made?
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #79: Feb 25, 2010 10:31:40 am
      I know we are already a goal up and they didnt look that great but I think Rafa should continue to play the strongest team possible.
      Any away tie in Europe is tough so im not sure I would start with Kelly or Pacheco.

I think the team will be similar to the City match with maybe the Greek getting a game.

Reina
      Carra   Skrtel Greek  Insua
                Masch Lucas
      Kuyt                     Riera
                Gerrard
             Babel or Ngog

They need to score so they should open up a bit and hopefully we will pick them off however we arent scoring freely so I will go for 2-0
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #80: Feb 25, 2010 11:07:06 am
      Pacheco is away isn't he
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #81: Feb 25, 2010 11:19:07 am
      Excuse me ladies and gentleman.  Is it 5pm or 6pm uk time?  In anfield-online it says 6pm and in this topic 5pm.  Please would someone inform me of the correct timing.  Thanks in advance for your kind co-operation.
      Come on Reds!!!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #82: Feb 25, 2010 11:20:19 am
      Excuse me ladies and gentleman.  Is it 5pm or 6pm uk time?  In Anfield Online it says 6pm and in this topic 5pm.  Please would someone inform me of the correct timing.  Thanks in advance for your kind co-operation.
      Come on Reds!!!

6pm. It is on the official site that it is kicking off at 18:00.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Pre Match: Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool - 25th Feb 2010 Europa league (2nd l
      Reply #83: Feb 25, 2010 11:26:07 am
      Excuse me ladies and gentleman.  Is it 5pm or 6pm uk time?  In anfield-online it says 6pm and in this topic 5pm.  Please would someone inform me of the correct timing.  Thanks in advance for your kind co-operation.
      Come on Reds!!!

Always go by what it says on Anfield Online rather than the forum mate. 6pm kick off. Mind you the first post in this thread does say 6pm.  ;)
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #84: Feb 25, 2010 11:34:05 am
      Cheers Red Kenny!  Early kick off 11.45pm Nepal Time.  Up for it with a few gin and tonics.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #85: Feb 25, 2010 11:38:03 am
      Dumb-ass kick off time.

Couldn't they show some consideration and wait until after I've put the kids to bed? :roll:
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #86: Feb 25, 2010 12:01:02 pm

Could be with Spain U20/U21s.

Good point.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #87: Feb 25, 2010 12:05:38 pm
      http://bit.ly/cDn3oe

Masch says the team really want to win this trophy, thats encouraging to hear.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #88: Feb 25, 2010 12:22:45 pm
      Pre match interview

Interviewer "Rafa why is that since you won the cl in 2005 you have put on so much weight"

Rafa " Its the stress of answering silly questions from the press, thank you and good night"

Well in Rafa for your reply but what the fook is the lad asking getting paid to do? Be a tw** or ask questions regarding tonights game?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #89: Feb 25, 2010 12:38:50 pm
      Pre match interview

Interviewer "Rafa why is that since you won the cl in 2005 you have put on so much weight"

Rafa " Its the stress of answering silly questions from the press, thank you and good night"

Well in Rafa for your reply but what the fook is the lad asking getting paid to do? Be a tw** or ask questions regarding tonights game?

He trying to be funny? Seems Romania have their own version of the Sun.

I think Pacheco is in the squad actually. He's on the photos on the offal with the team meeting Romanian kids.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #90: Feb 25, 2010 12:41:39 pm
      Pre match interview

Who said this?
      Andrei
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 149 posts |
      • I'll think about something.
      Reply #91: Feb 25, 2010 12:44:01 pm
      Have a cracking time.

Carnival or carnage? ;)
      You got the point, JD.

Quick Reply