Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Best Team For This Season (2006/2007)!!Vote2!!

Read 1089 times
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      The Best Team For This Season (2006/2007)!!Vote2!!
      May 28, 2007 07:01:10 am
      its time to give some opinion on who is the best player and the team for the season for 2006/2007. players that deserve a second chance and the one who deserve a transfer... ;)
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2007 11:00:46 am by EddieC »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: THe Best Team FoR This Season (2006/2007)!!Vote2!!
      Reply #1: May 28, 2007 10:48:21 am
      its time to give some opinion on who is the best player and the team for the season for 2006/2007. players that deserve a second chance and the one who deserve a transfer... ;)

We've already got a best player voting system set up, so team of the season, players that deserve a second chance and the ones we want to bin only here only please !!  ;) ;D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: THe Best Team FoR This Season (2006/2007)!!Vote2!!
      Reply #2: May 28, 2007 10:58:45 am
      Players that DO deserve a second chance is the young Mark Gonzalez. Absolutely criminal to get rid of him.

Player´s that don´t include Harold Kewell.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: The Best Team For This Season (2006/2007)!!Vote2!!
      Reply #3: May 28, 2007 11:12:04 am
      Personally I don't feel you can choose a best team for the season, as team selection & formation depends entirely on the opposition. As it is I don't think there's been anyone on the left of midfield deserving of a place. The players we want to get rid of thing is already being done to death in other threads, so for me that just really leaves players who should be given another chance.

For me no-one deserves a second chance, players fall firmly into two catagories, the one's that have been good enough & the ones that haven't. If they haven't been good enough they have to go, no room for sentimentalism if we want to win the league. The players that I feel haven't been good enough are Gonzales, Zenden, Dudek, Paletta, Kewell (before anyone says it not because of lack of talent but due to the fact he's always injured) & Padelli (I never ever usually judge a player after one game but I don't see how we can keep someone so obviously out of his depth). IMO none of these players deserve a second chance, or in the case of Kewelll a 5th chance, anyone not in this list has done well enough (some more than others) to start next campaign with us.
      Cy
      Reply #4: May 28, 2007 11:31:47 am
      Good ona Eddie, i'll also second that on players not been good enough : Zenden, Dudek, Paletta and Kewell, I know lot's of you want Kewell to have a second chance but like Eddie said, a 5th one? no thanks.

I'll keep Gonzales though, I feel that this lad could and would like to do much better.or the team now, it is very difficult to choose THE team of the year, we played so many differents one..
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #5: May 30, 2007 12:59:29 pm
      kewell, zenden : out
      aurelio, sissoko, paletta: 2nd chance

team of the season
      Reina
      Finnan, Carra, Agger, Riise
      Gerrard, Masch, Alonso, Pennant
      Kuyt, Crouch
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 01, 2007 04:00:05 pm
      Zenden - he's just past it, thats all, was a great player in his day but a couple of yards slower now
      Paletta - very poor, every time he has played he's dropped the ball ("got to get into yank speak y'all) if a second chance is needed, let him go out on loan and play more, but I doubt he has got it at the top level.
      Gonzo - I know I should stand up for him as the chairman of the "left wingers society" but no, I can't, too light weight and 1 dimensional.  shown to be sub - standard by average right backs, enough said (I like the way Rafa doesn't mess about though, and no Spanish favoritism either "do the biz, or on your way" no messing)
      Dudek - keepers fall out of favor and once your out it takes a long time to get back, had chances when he did & blew it. (good luck to him though, did the biz when it mattered)
      Robbie - no need to go there (legend)
      Djib Cisse - we could end up with egg on our faces with this, and an expensive omelet it could turn out to be.  Nobody has publically come out and said, we are having him, he's the one for us etc  and we all know of players who have sat at home, coining it in (fit ones before you Harry bashers start) and who don't fit into the managers plans, we may not be able off load and it could cost us the extra £$£ we need to get the right man.  I hope not, but it could happen.

2nd chance saloon

well I would give Harry the nod, some wouldn't (my brother in law gets very animated when we talk about this..Defenders, what do they know!!?!) only time will tell
      Pennant - a confidence player and needs the crowd behind him, came good in the last third of the season and more importantly, allows Steve to stay in the middle where he belongs, (along side Macha for me) will only get better if given time.
      Crouch - not the 20-30 goal machine we crave, but an excellent "storm trooper"  shock & ore I believe our American friends call it, well he's got that in spades
      Riise - until we get a TOP CLASS left back, he has to stay, very versatile if we are resting players or have a few "Lefties" injured.  Sometimes turns into "The Hammer" on important occasions but should only be a squad player when/if we get the left back position sorted out.
      Aurelio - couple of very nasty injuries to contend with so can't pass judgment on him, has to stay but needs to improve his defending allot to be that TOP CLASS left back I talked about.  Not a winger!!
      Momo - keep forgetting how young he is, if he was 25-26 I would say get rid but he MUST work on his passing and link up play, you can't be JUST a tackling nut, there has to be much more to his game to stay a few years, but can learn from those around him. (best do it now though, Rafa won't wait long).
      NOW... Alonso!  Yes Alonso, thought he had a poor season by his standards, very poor infact.  would still keep him but I would be looking at Stevie and Macha in the middle (in a 442) and I would think he must be looking over his shoulder at this new South American "Golden Boot Wonder Kid" and thinking "I better switch on next season, or else".  Lets hope he does.

Lastly, Bellamy... what to do with Bellamy?  I don't know, my heart says give him another season but my head says he needs regular 1st team play and I just don't think he is going to get it at Liverpool.  I think he will move on but what a talent.  I always wondered what he would be like as an out & out right winger? loves to beat players, can cross, scores loads from the right hand side... ah well, don't think we will ever know, shame really.

DH
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: The Best Team For This Season (2006/2007)!!Vote2!! no gonzalez,,,,,
      Reply #7: Jun 01, 2007 04:08:07 pm
      jabba , what a silly comment on mark Gonzalez,,, come on mate he was brought over here when we was practically injured and Rafa had waited a year until we could bring him here the whole staff looked into this so called winger who has so called pace..........

he never got out of second gear and don't forget Rafa brought him here and has got rid of him quick fire so you have to judge the ma who knows more than anyone....
      you must see that keep giving theses type of players a second Chance then liverpool will always be surrounded by also ran type of players and thats what Gonzalez is,,,,,,,,,, trust me keeping him would just be a waste of a seat on the bench.........

Can you also remember the amount of faith the board gave to Rafa to get him here, firstly wait until the injury was clear and then the  red tape to get him here,,,,,,,,,, Gonzalez waste of time ,,,,,,,,,, end of OK >:D
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #8: Jun 01, 2007 04:54:17 pm
      What! Id say Riise is TOP CLASS! All my mates rave about him and ones a Chelscum!!!

Quick Reply