Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match ?

Javier Mascherano
      22 (30.1%)
      Pepe Reina
      37 (50.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      5 (6.8%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.7%)
      Maxi
      4 (5.5%)
      Someone else?
      3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Post-Match Celebration: Liverpool 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers

Read 21028 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Post-Match Celebration: Liverpool 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers
      Reply #92: Feb 28, 2010 06:57:20 pm
      Next Saturday is gonna be interesting to say the least:

Man City v Spurs   KO 12.45     Then they are away to Sunderland and Fulham, then home to Wigan

Spurs next games after City:  Home to Blackburn, Away to Stoke, then home to Pompey

Not bad for City, but Spurs will drop points.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #93: Feb 28, 2010 06:58:49 pm
      Ideal result there would have to be a draw.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #94: Feb 28, 2010 07:03:52 pm
      Ideal result there would have to be a draw.

A draw and a host of injuries.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #95: Feb 28, 2010 07:11:14 pm
      A draw and a host of injuries.

A draw, a host of Injuries, and a breaking news story about Jermain Defoe having an affair with Adebayors wife.

I like this game :)
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #96: Feb 28, 2010 07:26:18 pm
      Im glad Lucas plays every game. Apart from the fact hes a brilliant defensive midfielder, but it keeps one more knobend away from Anfield.

That's great, but we already have a better one.  Cavalieri's okay too, but it would kind of unbalance the team if he was in there with Pepe...now, balance, there's a thing from past.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #97: Feb 28, 2010 07:28:22 pm
      PEPEEEEE
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #98: Feb 28, 2010 07:32:26 pm
      That's great, but we already have a better one.  Cavalieri's okay too, but it would kind of unbalance the team if he was in there with Pepe...now, balance, there's a thing from past.

Yeah. Why do we use two wingers as well? Thats just unbalanced. Should only have one to run up one side and back down the other.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #99: Feb 28, 2010 07:49:27 pm
        Arrived back from the game about just over an hour ago, living in North Wales, Enjoyed both goals, Stevie's one two with Benayoun was class. Also nice to see Torres on the score sheet after his absence through injury. Once again made it hard work for ourselves with Pepe Reina saving us in the last few minutes of the game. Man of the Match must go to Mascherano,for me for slotting in at right back and playing so well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #100: Feb 28, 2010 07:56:33 pm
      Didn't get to watch the match but just seen the goals, class finish by Stevie.

Wrapped we got the 3 points, well done lads. Can't wait to watch the Highlights show, looking forward to seeing this save from Pepe at the death, that you're all raving about.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #101: Feb 28, 2010 08:28:44 pm
      Love what Rafa has had to say on the game. Beauty.

Quote from: Rafa

"I think it is a model for all the managers around the world, their style of football, his behaviour," he said of Rovers tactics and their manager.

"The style of football, I think, Barcelona are thinking of copying."

Allardyce accused Benitez of showing a lack of respect after a gesture during Liverpool's 4-0 win against Rovers last season.

And the Blackburn boss said in the build-up to Sunday's game that Liverpool had been reduced to a team scrapping for points as the battle to finish fourth in the Premier League hots up.

Asked about Allardyce's comments, Benitez added: "It doesn't matter - we won.

"We try to do our talking on the pitch. If they are pleased with the way they play under this manager it is their decision.

"They have a style and they are a team that plays this way under this manager.

"Some people have to talk before the press conference or after because it is more difficult for them to do a football job."

Benitez was unhappy with the physical approach of Blackburn on Sunday.

Steven Nzonzi was yellow carded after pushing Lucas in the face at Anfield and Benitez clearly thought the Blackburn player should have been sent off.

"See the replay of the incident, it was very clear," added the Reds boss.

"We have had four of five players with problems, bleeding, and Maxi with stud (marks) in his abdomen. Interesting - but we won."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8542041.stm

Love the parts in bold.
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #102: Feb 28, 2010 08:37:37 pm
      I dont know about the interview above, but i've just heard the interview he did with the BBC and it really is the most cringeworthy interview ive seen in a long while.

All Rafa did was give ridiculous one word answers and I for one, really find his interviews, boring and totally unneccessary. Shows a totall lack of disrespect to the fans who want to hear him do a proper interview for a change rather than that nonsense every week!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #103: Feb 28, 2010 08:48:54 pm
      I dont know about the interview above, but I've just heard the interview he did with the BBC and it really is the most cringeworthy interview ive seen in a long while.

All Rafa did was give ridiculous one word answers and I for one, really find his interviews, boring and totally unneccessary. Shows a totall lack of disrespect to the fans who want to hear him do a proper interview for a change rather than that nonsense every week!!

Try looking at the link at the bottom of my previous post, you will see it is from the BBC. The BBC don't show the whole interview 90% of the time, just the main 1 or 2 questions.

If you have that much of a problem with watching his post match interviews then don't watch them, simple.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #104: Feb 28, 2010 08:56:00 pm
      I dont know about the interview above, but i've just heard the interview he did with the BBC and it really is the most cringeworthy interview ive seen in a long while.

Behave will you. You'll get proper interviews when he talks to the offal or the Echo or something. When he talks to the national media, most of the time they ask him irrelevant questions, so I for one love it when he takes the piss!!

Anyway, still buzzing about that win!! F***ing get in!!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #105: Feb 28, 2010 09:11:08 pm
      Our defending is such as disaster waiting to happen, unbelievable! Thank God for Pepe, his calmness and great reaction saved the day.
      Kuyt was gash...when everybody else play well, one can see his deficiencies, Lucas was playing below his usual high standard, Agger really needs to learn where to direct his header and Carra, gosh.....catasthrophic!!!

Thankfully, we won though..... ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #106: Feb 28, 2010 09:23:56 pm
      I dont know about the interview above, but I've just heard the interview he did with the BBC and it really is the most cringeworthy interview ive seen in a long while.

Funny, I found your post quite ridiculous, boring and totally unnecessary. If you knew anything about Rafa and his handling of the media, you would know they try to take the piss with him all the time so these days he just returns the favor. Simple.
      SteinFan
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #107: Feb 28, 2010 09:28:30 pm
      Pepe n pele are the same person.
      Let's just call him Pele Reina. No wait, we shouldn't compare the two. Wouldn't be fair to Reina!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #108: Feb 28, 2010 09:29:07 pm
      Let's just call him Pele Reina. No wait, we shouldn't compare the two. Wouldn't be fair to Reina!

:lmao: Pele Reina!! Superb!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #109: Feb 28, 2010 09:32:44 pm

I like it :laugh:
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #110: Feb 28, 2010 09:53:49 pm

Turn it lad Rafa has had nothing but sh*t off the national press for years why should he bend over and lick there arses in interviews with them
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #111: Feb 28, 2010 10:53:56 pm
      Didn't see the match but delighted with the result reading the comments here though with all the excellant performances how come we didn't win 10-1. The stats are fairly even lot of the reports say Blackburn were unlucky there must have been some average performances from some of the team today.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #112: Feb 28, 2010 11:08:06 pm
      Rafa frustrated by Rovers

Reds boss unhappy with Rovers' style of play

Rafa Benitez was left clearly frustrated at Blackburn's robust style of play as his Liverpool side recorded a narrow 2-1 win at Anfield on Sunday.

The Reds boss saw his side struggle at times against Sam Allardyce's men but first-half goals from Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torreseither side of a penalty from Blackburn's Keith Andrews gave the hosts all three points.

The win keeps Liverpool in sixth, just one point behind Tottenham in that all important race for fourth spot with both Spurs and Manchester City also recording wins at the weekend.

However Blackburn's behaviour, Pascal Chimbonda and Steven N'Zonzi can both count themselves extremely lucky to have escaped with yellow cards when red was perhaps more appropriate, while El-Hadji Dioufwas always walking a disciplinary tightrope, left Benitez feeling rather irritated.

"We had to win and we won," he stated.

"We won and that is the most important thing. I don't know but I was really surprised that it was just five (bookings for Blackburn).

"It doesn't matter - we won.

"It is really important (the way to play) but sometimes we cannot play football.

"Nzonzi was very clear, touching the face of Lucas, and the rules are the rules.

"We have had four of five players with problems, bleeding, and Maxi with stud

(marks) in his abdomen. Interesting - but we won."

Frustrated

Benitez, who had a strained relationship with Allardyce before the match, continued and when asked whether the referee Alan Wiley should have come down harder on the visitors' behaviour the Spaniard replied, rather tongue in cheek: "I think that everybody knows that his (Allardyce) teams play great football under this manager.

"When you play these kind of games you have to win and we did. I don't know if he (Allardyce) has had contact with (referee chief) Keith Hackett maybe he should know.

"We try to do our talking on the pitch. If they are pleased with the way they play under this manager it is their decision.

"They have a style and they are a team that plays this way under this manager. We won so they have to be thinking about whether the style is good or not.

"Some people have to talk before the press conference or after because it is more difficult for them to do a football job.

"I think it is a model for all the managers around the world, their style of football, his behaviour.

"It is the perfect model for all the kids and I'm sure all parents will enjoy this model and encourage their kids to be the same.

"The style of football, I think, Barcelona are thinking of copying."

:lmao:

You've got to love the guy!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #113: Feb 28, 2010 11:19:51 pm
      Once again we pull a win out of the bag, whilst not playing very well at all. Thought we played well in the first half, but in the second half we put ourselves under pressure. In all fairness, Blackburn are a dirty F***ing side, and under that fat c**t Allardyce they are just Bolton wearing different shirts. He will never be in the same league as Rafa, and his bitterness and jealousy shines through with each pathetic excuse and barbed comment he makes. An ugly man with an ugly philosophy to how the beautiful game should be played.

They should have had at least 2 red cards, i thought the referee was abysmal and didn't have the balls to handle a game like this. I'm just going to say well done to the lads, they grafted hard for the win. A win is a win, and for that i am grateful.

A lot of work still to be done, and a few negatives from the game, but i'm not going to mention them today, let's just bask in the glory of the three points and ramming Fat Sam's words back down his humongous fat F***ing throat, the FAT c**t!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #114: Feb 28, 2010 11:28:35 pm
      i am glad that we won, i really am but what about that w**ker that pushed lucas. clear red.
      and the worst part is that only agger i think pushed that f**ker back. only if skrtel was on the pitch. our whole team should have been at his face.

Quick Reply