Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

We have a bit of a complex (Look on the bright side)...

Read 1435 times
      Serenity
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 29 posts |
      • Red Red Everywhere, and they can't do a thing
      We have a bit of a complex (Look on the bright side)...
      May 31, 2007 03:29:29 pm
      Man Utd signs a few youngsters

The cry: "ooooh my lord, lord help us! they've signed some class youngsters"  :o

The moan: "Aaah, they're world class! we're going to be soooo behind!"

Liverpool signs a few youngsters  :-\

The moan: "what is this ****? we need first team players!! these players are never going to make it"  :(

Man Utd signed Nani and Anderson! Oh no they're going to kill us! :'(

PANIC PANIC PANIC! :'(

---------------------------

There might not be a lot of buzz in the forefront, but behind the scenes ? The owners have promised to back Rafa with his signings, and we have targets. Maybe the other teams are signing world class players, but would that player necessarily fit into our system even if we got them?  Does that player necessarily have the right attitude? Throwing a load of talent onto the pitch doesn't necessarily guarantee wins or the title, neither does spending lots of money (although they are necessary). It has to be talent that can work cohesively as a unit and money well spent. It is not necessarily the best player we need, but the right type of player (Rafa's words I think).  ;)

Rafa is probably going to get a lot of his first choices this summer, if not all of them. Of course time is of the essence, but its early yet. The consensus seems to be we need a forward or 2, wingers and cover in the defense.  :)

There isn't much to worry about...at least not yet  ;D
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Re: We have a bit of a complex (Look on the bright side)...
      Reply #1: May 31, 2007 03:32:23 pm
      True, Rafa is looking to the future as well as the present, I believe he can get his targets, and will construct a formidable side.
      Roger8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      • Dyed in wool old Red, values and traditions first.
      Reply #2: Jun 01, 2007 12:18:43 am
      Yes Serenity, I agree.
      O.K. we lost the final, but let's all take  a  moment, breathe in, and think of what we have got.
      We always have to look for a scapegoat, and this time there was none.
      We were not good enough. Full stop.
      Let's put our faith  in the manager , after all he could do no wrong a few weeks ago.
      Don't be like a kid in a sweet shop.
      " I've got the money so I'm going to spend it, even if I don't like what I'm buying!"
      The Boss knows what, and more specifically, who he needs, and he will get them, if not, keep the purse closed until the time is right....No panic buys!!
      Who really gives a **** that another team has bought whoever? I don't.
      My first concern is LFC.
      I wish some fans would stop looking up the road at another club (because it starts to sound like jealousy), and put their energy into supporting
      our club, their club, the best beyond doubt.
      No comparison.
      All will be sorted.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3: Jun 01, 2007 12:28:29 am
      Not at panic stations yet. It is only June (just) and if Rafa has been promised the money then we need to take a look at the side that lines up in August and only then will we know if the board really have backed Rafa Benitez in his spending.

We all know where we need strengthening and lets hope we get the signings in soon.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Jun 01, 2007 12:29:52 am
      Man Utd signs a few youngsters

The cry: "ooooh my lord, lord help us! they've signed some class youngsters"  :o

The moan: "Aaah, they're world class! we're going to be soooo behind!"

Liverpool signs a few youngsters  :-\

The moan: "what is this ****? we need first team players!! these players are never going to make it"  :(

Man Utd signed Nani and Anderson! Oh no they're going to kill us! :'(

PANIC PANIC PANIC! :'(

---------------------------

There might not be a lot of buzz in the forefront, but behind the scenes ? The owners have promised to back Rafa with his signings, and we have targets. Maybe the other teams are signing world class players, but would that player necessarily fit into our system even if we got them?  Does that player necessarily have the right attitude? Throwing a load of talent onto the pitch doesn't necessarily guarantee wins or the title, neither does spending lots of money (although they are necessary). It has to be talent that can work cohesively as a unit and money well spent. It is not necessarily the best player we need, but the right type of player (Rafa's words I think).  ;)

Rafa is probably going to get a lot of his first choices this summer, if not all of them. Of course time is of the essence, but its early yet. The consensus seems to be we need a forward or 2, wingers and cover in the defense.  :)

There isn't much to worry about...at least not yet  ;D

100% agree there mate, good topic.

I think that we need to go out and get some big boys, as KK would say! ;D

On the other hand I feel that we need to get that Striker that puts the ball in the back of the net once or twice every game.

That would land us the title, our midfield is immense for stuff like providing the strikers, but they have shown hardly any result from the chances they have had.

Lets make a huge assault on the Premiership!! :D :D
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #5: Jun 01, 2007 09:53:26 am
      court - a striker who scores 2 a game? not many of them about. i've got an average of 3/4 a game with my 5 a side team ; )

no need to panic yet, wait till spanish season is over then i imagine our transfers will be done. if we still haven't signed anyone this time next month, then we can panic. regarding who united have signed, i cant see any of the 3 actually being regular starters

Quick Reply