Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

The Red Knights

Read 3458 times
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger
      • Started Topic

• 198 posts | -8 
      The Red Knights
      Mar 06, 2010 12:02:29 pm
      I frankly believe we have as much supporters as them if not more.

They now have a war chest of 1.5 billion pound from 60 investor in their war against the Glazers.

Glazers dont intend to sell, but our Yanks seems likely to sell if a right offer is put on the table. Share Liverpool has not worked so far, My question is this (as much as i hate the Mancs) ;

How can we learn from them?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: The Red Knights
      Reply #1: Mar 06, 2010 12:57:32 pm
      Wrong place for this
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger
      • Started Topic

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #2: Mar 06, 2010 01:03:32 pm
      why is this the wrong place? we want to get our owners out and my question is how do we learn from what they are doing?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5010 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Mar 06, 2010 01:08:18 pm
      Should be in the general football thread IMO, F**k the red knights, They have absolutely no standing in this thread.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Mar 06, 2010 01:08:24 pm
      I've moved it in here. It is general football related but the discussion itself involves ourselves. I personally think it is a good topic.

Aside from the monetary differences, the difference with the Red Knights and Share Liverpool seems to be that they've had more media coverage already. United's Yanks may not even flinch at the idea of them yet it's much bigger news when United claim to be in the sh*t.

Business wise, they may have a different setup to Share Liverpool, but the idea is essentially the same. Which is why I'm pissed off everyone seems to be behind United's big unique idea when we've been trying to get something off the ground for a while now.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #5: Mar 06, 2010 01:45:22 pm
      I mentioned it a while ago that some form of collaboration with rich Liverpool fans and allowing us more average reds would be a better way to go.

It is eminently doable.  Unfortunately we need a couple of our more richer fans to start the ball rolling.

The other thing is - do you honestly believe those 60 people are whatever are all die-hard Man Utd fans? No chance.

Liverpool is in a far better position to be bought by it's fanbase and the owners are more willing to sell.

The ShareLiverpool plan was a good idea, but economically and fundamentally flawed in my view.

Because.

1. The maximum amount one person could invest was too low.  Therefore requiring massive numbers of fans to be involved and stopping richer Liverpool fans from contributing more.
      2. It was effectively a gift.  For whatever people pay they should own the necessary percentage of the club and should have the option of either taking profit or reinvesting it in transfers.
      3. As with the above point - the fans would have no say on the direction of the club. They weren't entitled to a vote for instance.

I'd have a system where no one individual could own more than 5% of the club, but individuals could invest as much up to that level.

They would have a vote, based on their share, on electing a club president who would oversee the club for 3-5 years, and be able to vote for directors of the board.

They would be entitled to a 'dividend' which they could either take or re-invest in to a designated transfer fund.

In the event that you needed to sell your share down the line, you could only sell it to those on an approved waiting list of other current investors or other Liverpool fans.

Not too difficult. Pretty straightforward.

Look at this forum for instance - individually we may only own a tiny percentage each - but if we decided to block vote on a stadium plan or a transfer policy we would have more say in how we wanted our club running.
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #6: Mar 06, 2010 01:55:10 pm
      They have 100,00 memnbers only becauseits an email addy, just a name and a click which you can do numerous amount of times, the money, well they're going to get their finger burn't and as regards learning from them, I would like to see a few of their fans weigh in with a ten spot and turnup in numbers at meetings and marches. apparently 4 people turned up at a MUST meeting before the scarf idea and they've being going a decade.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 06, 2010 02:37:21 pm
      I wouldnt mind the baron knights takin us over as long as somebody puts money in and gets the two frauds that own us right now OUT
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8581 
      Reply #8: Mar 06, 2010 03:29:19 pm
      I frankly believe we have as much supporters as them if not more.

They now have a war chest of 1.5 billion pound from 60 investor in their war against the Glazers.

Glazers dont intend to sell, but our Yanks seems likely to sell if a right offer is put on the table. Share Liverpool has not worked so far, My question is this (as much as i hate the Mancs) ;

How can we learn from them?

why is this the wrong place? we want to get our owners out and my question is how do we learn from what they are doing?

Whats with the loving for them horrible tw*ts - that Keith harris wants to get himself involved with football and this is his way of going about it. Do you honestly think they have 1.5 billion or whatever and 100,000 members because as Murph said they don't pay to be involved with MUST - if SOS did the same thing on facey we would have 100,000 members or whatever. Put it this way, those that have put the money up, apart from being rich bankers, do they really have the same feeling for MU the way the rank and file do or is this just another money-making opportunity!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #9: Mar 07, 2010 04:37:32 pm
      Solution? Nuke Manchester  ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: Mar 07, 2010 06:15:31 pm
      At my reckoning a nuke with a yield of 0.0631mgt would stop just shy of the Manc side of the East Lancs Road and given the correct weather conditions all relevant borders. Unfortunately this would also mean the demise of Man City but hey ho, collateral damage and all that. ;)

Quick Reply