• Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Benitez cool on linked duo
      Mar 07, 2010 02:54:33 pm
      7th Mar 2010

Rafael Benitez has played down talks of a move for Simon Kjaer or Arda Turan despite the pair expressing earlier this week their desire to move to Anfield this summer.

On Thursday, Galatasaray ace Turan conceded that joining Liverpool would be a dream-come-true - 24 hours after Palermo defender Kjaer revealed he relished the prospect of linking up with Daniel Agger.

Speaking at Melwood yesterday, however, Benitez refused to speculate about potential moves for the duo, insisting that it is too early to discuss transfer targets.

He said: "There were two or three names [linked] in the press today but it's too early so we can talk about players but it is too early so we have to wait."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/benitez-cool-on-linked-duo

Still hasn't ruled out signing them.....
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2010 06:03:37 pm by JD »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Re: Benitez cool on linked duo
      Reply #1: Mar 07, 2010 03:01:04 pm
      7th Mar 2010

Rafael Benitez has played down talks of a move for Simon Kjaer or Arda Turan despite the pair expressing earlier this week their desire to move to Anfield this summer.

On Thursday, Galatasaray ace Turan conceded that joining Liverpool would be a dream-come-true - 24 hours after Palermo defender Kjaer revealed he relished the prospect of linking up with Daniel Agger.

Speaking at Melwood yesterday, however, Benitez refused to speculate about potential moves for the duo, insisting that it is too early to discuss transfer targets.

He said: "There were two or three names [linked] in the press today but it's too early so we can talk about players but it is too early so we have to wait."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/benitez-cool-on-linked-duo

Still hasn't ruled out signing them.....

Rafa may as well have said we have no chance, because we can't afford either!
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #2: Mar 07, 2010 03:12:19 pm
      Probably trying to avoid a bidding war with other clubs.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #3: Mar 07, 2010 04:34:16 pm
      I would love to take both of them, but unfortunately I cant see it being funded. Wonder why that is....
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #4: Mar 07, 2010 04:40:58 pm
      If you could have one who would it be and why?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #5: Mar 07, 2010 05:56:14 pm

Turan. We need a creative winger far more than another defender.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #6: Mar 07, 2010 06:13:06 pm

Too easy.

Arda Turan.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Mar 07, 2010 07:51:23 pm
      Glad he has said this rather than saying he is interested in them, last thing we need if we are interested is the likes of City and Chelsea throwing their cash around.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #8: Mar 07, 2010 07:54:04 pm
      Stop cooling the talk Rafa and agree something with the pair for the Summer window we need 'quality'.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 07, 2010 08:04:52 pm
      Rafa wants Juan Mata on the left but Arda Turan is good enough to play for Liverpool. He will easily slot on the left, which we are craving for. His pace, trickery... a real winger and sweet left foot with many assists as his record says he would be great asset.. and as for Simon Kjaer, he is one of the promising defenders in world football at the moment with huge potential. Carra is not getting any younger and I do feel we do need a world class centre back... Maybe Simon Kjaer is not world class at this very time but he has the potential to outclass any one of our current centre backs.

If we have or dont have funds in the summer is the question but if we do need to streghten LW and CB positions, these 2 players would surely top my lists.

Both want to come... it would be silly not to raise the cash for these 2.. or resign to lose Simon Kjaer to United.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #10: Mar 07, 2010 09:15:13 pm
      Stop cooling the talk Rafa and agree something with the pair for the Summer window we need 'quality'.

Going to be a tall order. Rafa probably already knows we'll still have F**k-all to spend in the summer.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Mar 07, 2010 09:32:13 pm

And get everyones hopes up? He has learnt here not to say something unless he has already signed the deal, basically.

Id much rather the surprise if we actually, through some divine intervention, got them, rather than get our hopes up.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Mar 08, 2010 03:35:48 am
      Rafa was in for Turan on deadline day in January but it didn't materialise as they wanted more than Rafa had to spend.

I think we'll be back in for him again, or atleast be near the top of the wanted list.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #13: Mar 08, 2010 07:24:20 am
      Yeah Rafa did want Turan in january. And he might well go for him in the summer, which would be a good addition.
      As for Kjaer, I would pick him only if we have some money still remaining after Turan ( :roll: ), because if Kjaer was to be sold, there would be financially stronger competitors than us in the market.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Mar 08, 2010 09:27:09 am
      Last thing Rafa wants is a bidding war. Saying it's too early is not the same as saying your not interested.
      It would be like me saying 7 am was too early for a whiskey when obviously lunch time is more acceptable
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #15: Mar 08, 2010 10:16:36 am
      Last thing Rafa wants is a bidding war. Saying it's too early is not the same as saying your not interested.
      It would be like me saying 7 am was too early for a whiskey when obviously lunch time is more acceptable
      That's one battle we wouldn't win mate as you rightly point out, the one thing in our favour is the players desire to come to LFC in preference to a club with less history and tradition and that on the other hand is a battle we would win.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #16: Mar 08, 2010 01:28:27 pm
      Would love the pair of them at the club,but money talks and bullshit walks,hope those two yank bellends start to see sense.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #17: Mar 08, 2010 02:02:03 pm
      arda is worth around 15 mil, which, at his age, is a great buy in my opinion. if we had the cash, I wouldn't hesitate. he is pacy, tricky and has a great cross on him, will provide the service nando craves.

kjaer is worth at least 15 but more likely 20mil after world cup as his profile increases.

sadly, I don't think we can afford both, but possibly one of them, and a creative winger is a more pressing need then a defender.

get arda rafa, start pimping out babel, lucas and ngog if you have to, to raise the cash, they might actually be useful for the club then.

Quick Reply