Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Fallout: New Vegas

Read 6677 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Fallout: New Vegas
      Mar 04, 2010 10:21:35 pm
      Don't know about anyone else but I'm really excited about this. The teaser went live on the Playstation store today. Nice little peek of one of the characters. Looked a lot different to anything in Fallout 3. 

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html

Hopefully there'll be a few more snippets coming out in the next few months. Looks like it is due out this Autumn, although if it's in Gran Turismo terms, in 6 years time. ;)
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Fallout: New Vegas
      Reply #1: Mar 12, 2010 09:03:41 pm
      Should be an awesome game, looking forward to it.

I actually just finished Fallout 3 for the first time, only started playing a few days ago, awesome game it was, ended up being an evil b***ard :laugh:
      I loved the first 2 games aswell.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Mar 12, 2010 11:39:12 pm
      Love Fallout 3.

Can't wait for this!
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #3: Mar 14, 2010 03:32:38 pm
      Trailer doesn't give much away unfortunately   :f_tongueincheek:

Fallout: New Vegas - Teaser

Can't wait, Fallout 3 was brilliant
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Mar 15, 2010 02:07:50 pm
      Had a little read up the other day and it says this is not linked to the Fallout 3 story, but closer to the ones in Fallout 1 and 2.

Didn't realise there was so much behind it all.

Looking forward to it anyway. :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: May 10, 2010 09:37:32 pm
      New screenshots for Fallout: New Vegas.

[1080p] Fallout: New Vegas Screenshots in HD

Looks rahter good I think. :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: May 10, 2010 09:46:35 pm
      Had a little read up the other day and it says this is not linked to the Fallout 3 story, but closer to the ones in Fallout 1 and 2.

Didn't realise there was so much behind it all.

Looking forward to it anyway. :)
      Seems to be the way nowadays, the game industry is massive and plots are developed in much the same way as movies and some of the cut scenes are brilliantly directed. I think that was one of the most striking things about CoD4 : Modern Warfare when it came out.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: May 12, 2010 04:53:44 pm
      Seems to be the way nowadays, the game industry is massive and plots are developed in much the same way as movies and some of the cut scenes are brilliantly directed. I think that was one of the most striking things about CoD4 : Modern Warfare when it came out.

Definitely. That could back up into the Games v Movies thread too. :D

They operate this series on a timeline they have constructed and they stick to it religiously and keep the same factions, etc. Quite like the Metal Gear series. 

I had a skim through the net for some info and came across a Fallout Wikipedia where I saw all the story from Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 3 is in no way linked to New Vegas storywise.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #8: May 12, 2010 08:13:21 pm
      Never played the first 2 games CRK? They were boss!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: May 12, 2010 08:16:24 pm
      Never played the first 2 games CRK? They were boss!

So I've heard. :)

Might have to invest in them. And the PC versions of the latest Fallouts sound good too. They brought an editor out for Fallout 3, which would be class. :D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #10: May 12, 2010 08:21:23 pm
      So I've heard. :)

Might have to invest in them. And the PC versions of the latest Fallouts sound good too. They brought an editor out for Fallout 3, which would be class. :D
      It's pretty outdated now though, but if you can look past that. And the gameplay was quite different from 3. Found this on youtube, might be worth a watch.
      Let's Play Fallout 1 01: The Outside World
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: May 12, 2010 08:52:31 pm
      It's pretty outdated now though, but if you can look past that. And the gameplay was quite different from 3. Found this on youtube, might be worth a watch.
      Let's Play Fallout 1 01: The Outside World

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Get on Albert! (0:16)

Albert Riera ringer! :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #12: May 12, 2010 09:04:19 pm
      "bi*ch... I left the vault maybe a day ago." (4:03)

:lmao:
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #13: May 12, 2010 10:08:25 pm
      "bi*ch... I left the vault maybe a day ago." (4:03)

:lmao:
      Yeah :D

Game looks old though doesn't it? What a difference.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: May 12, 2010 10:13:42 pm
      It does yeah. No worse than the older PC games like Commando's, etc. It just makes me appreciate how epic Fallout 3 and New Vegas is/will be. :)

Wouldn't mind a pop at them though.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #15: Oct 22, 2010 02:24:37 pm
      Anyone else got it? Got mine for PS3 today. Lag is horrendous..
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: Oct 22, 2010 08:37:16 pm
      I've got it. It suddenly ended the game itself, taking me back to the XMB.

Patch is due out fairly soon, the PC has had it already. Should improve much more then, hopefully.

Other than that, fantastic. Just like Fallout 3, only really bright and you don't get radiation poisoning from water. :D
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: Oct 23, 2010 05:19:39 pm
      Soo much better with the patch! Love this game!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Oct 23, 2010 05:23:08 pm
      Soo much better with the patch! Love this game!

Is it out now? Have to download it in a bit. :)

EDIT: No patch since yesterday. Unless the one I installed yesterday was the patch? Either way, been mostly fine.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2010 05:35:33 pm by CRK »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #19: Oct 23, 2010 07:30:32 pm
      I rented it out for free yesterday but I'm yet to play it.

I'll probably play it next week - perhaps, Tues, Weds, Thurs when I've got quite a bit of free time.

Enjoying FIFA too much at the moment though!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Oct 24, 2010 09:00:35 am
      I'm flitting between happily. Like me early mornings of a weekend, probably put a dent in this the next few weeks.

Anyone else got ED-E yet? If not, do it once you get to Primm. You need 3 Scrap Metal, 3 Scrap Electronics and 2 Sensor Modules to fix him with parts. You'll have him flying round behind you then, and he's good in a fight and has a boss little ringtone when it kicks off. :D

You can thank me later. ;)
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #21: Oct 28, 2010 09:09:52 pm
      My copy arrived today  ;D

Classic Fallout, haven't put it down for about 4 hours
      RedWilly

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #22: Nov 02, 2010 10:37:04 pm
      I love this game! Only played about 2 hours and I'm barely into the main story, there is just so much to do. Seems like the developers went with the attitude 'if it ain't broke don't try to fix it' as it's very similar to the previous game. Still get the odd glitch but it's nothing major. Recommended!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #23: Nov 03, 2010 05:05:16 pm
      No patch for me yet. :-\ Not sure whether I've already installed it or not. Might as well stop worrying and just keep hammering it. :D

Brilliant game. Shame I've been a bit busy the past few days, have to get back in to it.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: Jul 07, 2011 01:11:09 pm
      Bumpski.

July 19th, there's an (apparently) all encompassing patch coming out across all platforms to fix the bugs, alongside another DLC.

Only 10 months late like, but ah well. :roll:

Hardly touched this as a result of the bugs/glitches. Don't think many people have though to be fair, you can pick this up new on Play.com for as little as a tenner. Hope this patch actually covers the problems, it was a fantastic game when it worked.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25: Jul 07, 2011 05:14:57 pm
      Shame it's so glitchy, maybe the patch will fix it, though I doubt they'll get 'em all. FO3 was a superior package especially with the DLC. I did like the faction relations thing they had going in New Vegas. Like you could have unique relations with a town or settlement or faction.

A new Fallout with the improved engine Bethesda have used for Skyrim could be very very interesting. The one used in NV and FO3 is clearly outdated now.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Jul 11, 2011 08:21:26 am
      A new engine would be very interesting indeed. The glitches in NV are awful. Fallout 3 isn't too bad.

Will see how New Vegas is after the patch but will try and sweep up what I haven't done on FO3 first time around with another run through before I get into it.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 17, 2011 11:16:13 pm
      For whatever reason I played this game for a few hours, then put it down and never went back to it... in fact I gave it away to a friend a few months back. The same thing happened to me when I bought fallout 3.. can't work out what I'm missing as everyone I speak too says it great... is it really worth persevering?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #28: Jul 18, 2011 09:20:45 pm
      July 19th, there's an (apparently) all encompassing patch coming out across all platforms to fix the bugs, alongside another DLC.

Yeah it is a pain in the ass waiting for the patch to come out, the game has been sitting on my desk just waiting to be played.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: Jul 29, 2011 01:33:24 pm
      can't work out what I'm missing as everyone I speak too says it great... is it really worth persevering?

It's all a matter of taste really. I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas (when it works) yet JD had a pop at my New Vegas while I've been broadbandless (i.e. patchless) and couldn't get in to it.

Yeah it is a pain in the ass waiting for the patch to come out, the game has been sitting on my desk just waiting to be played.

Going to update mine the next opportunity I get and get back in to it. Though I've started brushing up the bits I've missed on Fallout 3 so I might hang fire.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Sep 07, 2011 02:25:18 pm
      Never really had a problem with glitches with either Fallout 3 and expansions or New Vegas and expansions. I tend to follow the guide for the main quests, while doing whatever side quests I want in between. Think it may be you get more glitches when you do the main quest out of sync. I realise you should be able to, but I think it may cause more problems.   
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #31: Sep 11, 2011 09:37:51 pm
      Going to download this now, I loved the original games I used to play Fallout 2 non stop ah a squanderd youth :D.
      I bonked off school to buy Fallout tatics the day it came out it looked alot better than the first two but lacked in game play for me.
      Would it be possible to use a keyboard only to play this or would a controller be needed?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #32: Sep 11, 2011 09:46:20 pm
      Works great with a mouse and keyboard. Never played Fallout 2, was more a Morrowind and Oblivion player before Fallout 3. Still prefer the Elder scrolls, but like Fallout 3 and New Vegas almost as much now.

chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #33: Sep 11, 2011 09:50:37 pm
      Works great with a mouse and keyboard. Never played Fallout 2, was more a Morrowind and Oblivion player before Fallout 3. Still prefer the Elder scrolls, but like Fallout 3 and New Vegas almost as much now.

Thanks man.
      I played Elder scrolls for a few weeks its a great game but my brother uninstalled it off his laptop because it took up loads of space, I hadnt the heart to start from scratch wanted to kill him for it
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Sep 12, 2011 07:52:15 pm
      Have whatever glitches with this game been fixed? It's pretty cheap now, thinking of getting it - but only if i can be sure it'll be an enjoyable experience and not be constantly pissed off at some random glitch.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #35: Sep 12, 2011 09:58:33 pm
      It's got about 5 major fix patches but I haven't played it fully patched so I don't know how prevalent the glitches still are.

I'd save my money for Skyrim if I were you, unless you hate fantasy settings.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Sep 12, 2011 11:36:03 pm
      I love fantasy, planning on finally getting Oblivion soon. Won't buy Skyrim until it goes down in price, i very rarely buy a game until it has been out for awhile and prices go down.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #37: Sep 13, 2011 02:20:35 pm
      I love fantasy, planning on finally getting Oblivion soon. Won't buy Skyrim until it goes down in price, I very rarely buy a game until it has been out for awhile and prices go down.

Your choice but this one's gonna be amazing. I rarely buy games for full whack on release day, but this one's worth it for me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: Sep 13, 2011 02:26:15 pm
      I love fantasy, planning on finally getting Oblivion soon. Won't buy Skyrim until it goes down in price, I very rarely buy a game until it has been out for awhile and prices go down.

If you are buying Oblivion, make sure you get the Game of The Year edition with all the expansions. Virtually the same price now and well worth the little bit extra. 
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #39: Sep 13, 2011 02:28:52 pm
      It's got about 5 major fix patches but I haven't played it fully patched so I don't know how prevalent the glitches still are.

I'd save my money for Skyrim if I were you, unless you hate fantasy settings.

Oblivion was fantastic. Still play it now. Can't wait for Skyrim. Getting bought on release date.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: Sep 13, 2011 07:09:35 pm
      If you are buying Oblivion, make sure you get the Game of The Year edition with all the expansions. Virtually the same price now and well worth the little bit extra. 

That's what I'm gonna be going for, cheers for the recommendation though! I've finally been getting into Fallout 3 (yes, im way behind on most games :D I wait a long time on most games, generally until i can get it at least half price) and love that one. I've always been a lover of fantasy ever since i first read Magician by R.E. Fiest so when i saw that Oblivion existed and is made by the same people, i threw it straight to the top 3 of my priorities to buy.

Your choice but this one's gonna be amazing. I rarely buy games for full whack on release day, but this one's worth it for me.

I really just can't afford to buy full-price, especially since i haven't even played Oblivion yet. I'm sure it's great and will be worth it, but can't justify it for me without having played the previous.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #41: Sep 13, 2011 07:31:07 pm
      You could always download ahem "unofficial" versions mate. Bethesda games are very easy to crack (no need for key gen's, exe's etc)so there are always good quality downloads. I usually try the "free" versions first and then buy the official version once the price has dropped and I know I like the game, same with the expansions.

If you like Oblivion(elder scrolls 4) and really like fantasy , try Morrowind( elder scrolls 3), its not as dumbed down as oblivion and the graphics are not as good but it's a much darker and immersing storyline.  Oblivion is better as its newer, Morrowind stays with you longer (if that makes any sense)

Quick Reply