Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool / Everton Article in 4-4-2 magazine.

Read 1939 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Liverpool / Everton Article in 4-4-2 magazine.
      Mar 04, 2010 10:49:30 pm
      Pretty Interesting article about the rivalry.  Although reading it seemed to be a real biased report about the "Poor and Abused" Everton supporters who feel Liverpool get preferential treatment from the FA and the Liverpool City council.

One story was how a priest went to get tickets for a LFC supporter, a child who had a Brain tumor and was told he had to pay for the tickets.  The Priest said if it was Everton they would of given the kid the tickets, allowed him on the pitch and allowed to meet all the players.  Which in reading stinks of "BULLSHIT".  I'm sure if some childs dying wish was to see a Liverpool match and it was set up ahead of time that LFC would of certainly given him free tickets and a greet and meet of the players.  Total journo bullshit against LFC as usual.  Just showing up to the ticket office and saying I have a tumor wont guarantee free tickets. Anywhere.  Give me a f***in' break.  If presented properly, ahead of time I have no doubt Liverpool would give the kid the day of his life. No doubt. Such complete bullshit.

Just a complete bullshit, pro Everton, boo-hoo sob story. Their bitching and moaning because they want a shared stadium for Liverpool and Everton and the "Evil" Liverpool wont allow it, thus causing all of Evertons financial problems.  All it does it talk about how "kind and nice" the Everton supporters are and the Liverpool fans are arrogant and rude and cause all the trouble.

Just a complete one-sided pro Everton article.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Liverpool / Everton Article in 4-4-2 magazine.
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2010 03:16:26 am
      Pretty Interesting article about the rivalry.  Although reading it seemed to be a real biased report about the "Poor and Abused" Everton supporters who feel Liverpool get preferential treatment from the FA and the Liverpool City council.

One story was how a priest went to get tickets for a LFC supporter, a child who had a Brain tumor and was told he had to pay for the tickets.  The Priest said if it was Everton they would of given the kid the tickets, allowed him on the pitch and allowed to meet all the players.  Which in reading stinks of "BULLSHIT".  I'm sure if some childs dying wish was to see a Liverpool match and it was set up ahead of time that LFC would of certainly given him free tickets and a greet and meet of the players.  Total journo bullshit against LFC as usual.  Just showing up to the ticket office and saying I have a tumor wont guarantee free tickets. Anywhere.  Give me a f***in' break.  If presented properly, ahead of time I have no doubt Liverpool would give the kid the day of his life. No doubt. Such complete bullshit.

Just a complete bullshit, pro Everton, boo-hoo sob story. Their bitching and moaning because they want a shared stadium for Liverpool and Everton and the "Evil" Liverpool wont allow it, thus causing all of Evertons financial problems.  All it does it talk about how "kind and nice" the Everton supporters are and the Liverpool fans are arrogant and rude and cause all the trouble.

Just a complete one-sided pro Everton article.

Must be a joke of an article, most of the blues I know don't want a shared stadium either.

Should put up the article, was the headline "Ifithadntofbinforheysel"
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Mar 05, 2010 04:27:04 am
      Any chance of posting the said article mate?

There may be a rivalry between blues and reds. But I doubt very much a priest in Liverpool would be going to buy tickets for the match and then start having a go at the ticket office for not giving them for free. That just doesn't happen.

They go buy a kit kat and go watch the match for the rest of the season at Goodison instead.  ;D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #3: Mar 05, 2010 04:48:11 pm
      Any chance of posting the said article mate?

There may be a rivalry between blues and reds. But I doubt very much a priest in Liverpool would be going to buy tickets for the match and then start having a go at the ticket office for not giving them for free. That just doesn't happen.

They go buy a kit kat and go watch the match for the rest of the season at Goodison instead.  ;D
      I thought that was fu**ed up too but it said it.  I cant find the article online.   I just got magazine today.  It has Ronaldo on the cover. I think its the January/February Issue 2010.   The title of the Article is "Fury cross the Mersey".    I will quote it directly from the article.

His name was Reverend Harry Ross of St. Lukes Church in Walton. and he said in the article:

"I always found that Everton is more of a club for the people," says Reverend Harry Ross.  "When Liverpool are playing at home you cant get a hotel room because all the out of town Reds come for the match.   When I started at this church 32 years ago, I met a youung lad who had a brain tumor. He was a Liverpool fan so I tried to arrange a couple of tickets for him. I went to Anfield and they asked me to pay for them. I couldn't believe it. If the lad wan an Everton fan he would have been given the best tickets,met the players,met the manager and been given food. Everton look after their people"

That is direct from page 58 of 4-4-2 magazine. I sh*t you not.

I dont want have a go with a Priest, but c'mon..Thats a crazy thing to quote in an article.   The whole article reads as a Pro-Everton article. They were taking digs at Heysel and blaming the Reds for Everton not winning in Europe.

But they then said how Anfield showed solidarity towards the Everton fan Rhys Jones when he was killed. So its a weird article. I dont really know where it was going.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2010 05:02:35 pm by YANK_LFC_FAN »

Quick Reply