Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Who would you like to see in a reds shirt next season?

Read 121393 times
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Re: Who would you like to see in a reds shirt next season?
      Reply #1472: Aug 20, 2010 12:38:01 pm
      Diego probably spoke about this lad before in this thread, but I'm becoming a huge fan of Giuliano, the Internacional attacking midfielder/second striker.

He was born in my city, Curitiba, and played his youth career with Paraná Clube, the city's third best club. After strong perfomances in the second division, he was signed by giants Internacional, and has been improving amazingly ever since. In this year's Libertadores, Giuliano became a true talisman for Inter.

Against Estudiantes in the quarter-finals, Inter won the first game 1x0 at home, and was losing 2x0 at Argentina, until Giuliano scored in the 88th minute. In the semi-finals, Giuliano came out of the bench to score against São Paulo at Inter's 1x0 home win. In the final, he did it again, scoring an amazing goal to guarantee Inter another Libertadores win.

He seems like a very down to earth guy, having no problems on sitting on the bench. He looks like he has much more maturity and experience than most lads out there, and he is only 20 years old!

Some vids:
      Giuliano ☆ Herói Colorado • Internacional Campeão • Copa Libertadores 2010 ☆

Inter Bicampeão! Internacional 3 X 2 Chivas, Gols pela final da Libertadores 2010
      Sam -reds for life
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #1473: Aug 21, 2010 09:02:08 am
      Van der Vaart is looking for a move. Would be a good replacement for Aquilani if you ask me, if Roy even wants a replacement ???
      id get him even if he isn't going on loan
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1474: Aug 21, 2010 09:23:24 am
      Didnt Rafael nail his colours to the Mancs mast this week
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #1475: Aug 21, 2010 01:37:15 pm
      Didnt Rafael nail his colours to the Mancs mast this week
      Heard about that too, could be, but I don't just automatically believe the press with stuff like that, it all depends on what the questions were and how they spinned that.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #1476: Aug 21, 2010 02:33:30 pm
      I would not read too much into Van der Vaart's interview. He could have just been asked about Man U and gave a positive response in return.  Also, he probably wants to play regularly and as a writer in the Guardian noted, it doesnt take a genius to work out which midfields might need reinforcements and Man U's is aging fast.

Personally I'd prefer Defour.  Young, shouldered the captain's responsibility at Standard at a young age and would have a good understanding with Jova who with his performances, seems to have claimed the left wing.  He was mentioned as a replacement for Mascherano but he's more of an attacking player.
      lebronjames9109
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -3 
      Reply #1477: Aug 23, 2010 01:25:11 pm
      turan is more succesfull than van der vaart,please turan ;)
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #1478: Aug 23, 2010 03:33:14 pm
      turan is more succesfull than van der vaart,please turan ;)
      i reckon he'd be cheaper too :)
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #1479: Aug 24, 2010 10:28:50 am

NEED PLAYERS LYK NZOGBIA WHO I TINK WUD WANT CUM LIVERPOOL SINCE HE PUT IN A TRANSFER REQUEST

I would love to have nzogbia. winger/left back. just what we need. and maybe salcido seens as he's going cheap. we need someone to replace aquilani I reckon. we've only got lucas at the moment - assuming poulsen starts ahead of him - and he's not up to standard. defour would be good, but he's said he wants to stay at leige for one more year. I think kallstrom would be good or banega. a defensive midfielder with attacking qualities. and then as for the striker - anyone but trezeguet. he's waayyyyyy past it. that toivonen fella seems good. I would say andy carroll cos he's english but he wont go from newcastle. I still think darren bent is the best option. I reckon we could get him for around £12million. nzogbia or about £10million and banega around £6million. thats £28million. and if we get mascherano's £30million then that's sorted. we might be offered a midfielder from barca though so banega might not be needed. also maybe someone like simon davies. he's getting on a bit but is still a class player. could get for around £5million considering he played under roy :)
      my team would look like:
                                          reina

johnson          carragher             agger        n'zogbia

banega        gerrard

j.cole                                                      s.davies

torres        bent
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1480: Aug 25, 2010 02:47:06 pm
      Diego probably spoke about this lad before in this thread, but I'm becoming a huge fan of Giuliano, the Internacional attacking midfielder/second striker.

He was born in my city, Curitiba, and played his youth career with Paraná Clube, the city's third best club. After strong perfomances in the second division, he was signed by giants Internacional, and has been improving amazingly ever since. In this year's Libertadores, Giuliano became a true talisman for Inter.

Against Estudiantes in the quarter-finals, Inter won the first game 1x0 at home, and was losing 2x0 at Argentina, until Giuliano scored in the 88th minute. In the semi-finals, Giuliano came out of the bench to score against São Paulo at Inter's 1x0 home win. In the final, he did it again, scoring an amazing goal to guarantee Inter another Libertadores win.

He seems like a very down to earth guy, having no problems on sitting on the bench. He looks like he has much more maturity and experience than most lads out there, and he is only 20 years old!

Some vids:
      Giuliano ☆ HeróI Colorado • Internacional Campeão • Copa Libertadores 2010 ☆

Inter Bicampeão! Internacional 3 X 2 Chivas, Gols pela final da Libertadores 2010

He's f***in boss. Inter's top scorer in the Libertadores, coming from the bench in most of the matches.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #1481: Aug 25, 2010 04:26:01 pm
      Just read Diego went to Wolfsburg for 15 million euros, we should've swapped him for Aquilani for F**k's sake.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1482: Aug 25, 2010 04:42:50 pm
      Well this is what I'd like to see and have already mentioned in another thread, to much applause... :P

----Pepe Reina----

Johnson --- Carragher --- Agger--- Aurelio

-----------------Cattermole-------------

Rodriguez----------------------------Cole

-------------------Gerrard----------------

------------- Torres--------Bent---------

Bench - Jones, Sotis/Skrtel, Konchesky, Lucas/Poulson, Jovanovich, Ngog and Pacheco

That is based upon us selling Kuyt, Mascherano and Insua for a combined sum of £40M. I'd reinvest in English talent, Cattermole, Konchesky and Bent.

I reckon that would cost us up to £40M due to Steve Bruce putting high prices on Bent and Cattermole (his captain) and a small fee of about 3/5 mill for Konchesky.

Plus, its about time the diamond was brought back, it does work, it just needs to be given time.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1483: Aug 25, 2010 04:58:59 pm
      I'm getting concerned. I fear that we're going to lose Mascherano and Kuyt without properly replacing them.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #1484: Aug 25, 2010 05:09:53 pm
      I'm getting concerned. I fear that we're going to lose Mascherano and Kuyt without properly replacing them.
      I'm afraid you're right there.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1485: Aug 25, 2010 05:14:31 pm
      Would have to agree Darren Bent would look like a pretty top signing right about now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1486: Aug 25, 2010 06:39:17 pm
      Just read Diego went to Wolfsburg for 15 million euros, we should've swapped him for Aquilani for f**k's sake.

I know!!! I think I've never been so angry about a transfer than I'm right now about Aquilani's.

Would have to agree Darren Bent would look like a pretty top signing right about now.

Bent would be overpriced but I think he's actually quite underrated by the 'general opinion'. I mean, a lot of people here refer to Peter Crouch as a "proven EPL goalscorer", although he rarely scores more than 10 league goals, while Bent has a good goalscoring record at every club he's played (apart from Tottenham maybe, where he wasnt being used properly, but still scored almost 20 goals in his last season there if I'm not mistaken) and is seen as a poor player by a lot of people.

I would love to have him at LFC at the moment, but I'm afraid it'll never happen, I see us closer to the likes of Carlton Cole :(
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #1487: Aug 25, 2010 11:19:56 pm
      I want Turan.

I want Banega.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #1488: Aug 26, 2010 07:32:04 am
      I want Elia.

I want Crouchy.
      Sam -reds for life
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #1489: Aug 26, 2010 09:41:52 am
      i would settle for that!
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #1490: Aug 26, 2010 10:05:27 pm
      wont get crouch after his hat-trick ,never should have let him go.

LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #1491: Aug 26, 2010 11:27:48 pm
      I can see this scenario on the last day...

Liverpool are to annouce there new signing

Woy: This lad is vewy good and will help are team scowe mowe goals then evew...I am pleased to annouce the awwival of:

.....Andriy Voronin

You heard it hear first :P
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #1492: Aug 26, 2010 11:50:30 pm
      I can see this scenario on the last day...

Liverpool are to annouce there new signing

Woy: This lad is vewy good and will help are team scowe mowe goals then evew...I am pleased to annouce the awwival of:

.....Andriy Voronin

You heard it hear first :P
      Oh holy jeseus dont joke about things like that. Ha Ha think he is out of our price range.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1493: Aug 27, 2010 02:45:51 am
      saying it for the third summer transfer window in a row. i want luis suarez in a liverpool shirt, damn it and make it fast :)
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #1494: Aug 27, 2010 09:18:18 am
      Reo Coker English CDM and sits infront of back line all the time, always rated him.

Rarely plays for Villa + English would meet quota

Quick Reply