Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who would you like to see in a reds shirt next season?

Read 122275 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Who would you like to see in a reds shirt next season?
      Reply #1357: Aug 03, 2010 11:16:20 am
      C'mon guys lets not spend the money before we've got it. Anyway if we do come into some cash how about a bid for Arteta so the lad can play for a big club. Someone like Aguero woould be excellent.
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #1358: Aug 03, 2010 02:01:06 pm
      i think that we're going to get poulsen unless a takeover happens very quickly because hodgson wants a DM and poulsen will be cheap. if we get poulsen though i think he'll be on the bench seeing as how lucas has been given captaincy over players such as agger and aquilani in pre-season. i wouldn't want poulsen anyway. average and a poor disciplinary record.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1359: Aug 03, 2010 02:04:41 pm
      Glad to see we signed that Aurellio lad, I heard he's quite good when he's not injured ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1360: Aug 03, 2010 02:05:15 pm
      C'mon guys lets not spend the money before we've got it. Anyway if we do come into some cash how about a bid for Arteta so the lad can play for a big club. Someone like Aguero woould be excellent.

Arteta?!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #1361: Aug 03, 2010 02:12:09 pm
      For starters I would like to see Mr Huang in a Liverpool Shirt!
      Then a quality left back and I wouldn't say no to Aguero

You'll Never Wok Alone, Kenny
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1362: Aug 03, 2010 02:13:43 pm

Not up for buying a player just so he can play for a big club, not exactly a good reason to buy somebody is it.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #1363: Aug 03, 2010 02:22:51 pm
      We need at least another Striker .Yes ? . Well ive been talking with a few mates who are Liverpool fans and they Agree with me what about Robbie Keane . ? Robbie was bought in by Rafa it looked like they never got on and Rafa never really liked him. He a die hard Red knows the club and Players . With Roy as manager now we could see a better Keane looks like Spurs want to get rid of him we could afford him i think that Spurs would be looking for round 3m to 6m . He's a brill Player i would love they guy back in the red and number 7 Again .
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1364: Aug 03, 2010 02:42:03 pm
      We need at least another Striker .Yes ? . Well ive been talking with a few mates who are Liverpool fans and they Agree with me what about Robbie Keane . ? Robbie was bought in by Rafa it looked like they never got on and Rafa never really liked him. He a die hard Red knows the club and Players . With Roy as manager now we could see a better Keane looks like Spurs want to get rid of him we could afford him I think that Spurs would be looking for round 3m to 6m . He's a brill Player I would love they guy back in the red and number 7 Again .

First of all Parry brought him in. And when he played he wasn't up to scratch, so no.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #1365: Aug 03, 2010 02:58:11 pm
      Yes rafa never got on with him so yes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1366: Aug 03, 2010 04:49:30 pm
      Yes rafa never got on with him so yes.

He wasn't good enough the first time and he's got older and not had many games sinse so obv still won't be good enough.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1367: Aug 03, 2010 05:17:59 pm
      For starters I would like to see Mr Huang in a Liverpool Shirt!
      Then a quality left back and I wouldn't say no to Aguero

You'll Never Wok Alone, Kenny

LMAO!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1368: Aug 03, 2010 05:34:06 pm

Arteta is a great player. We don't need him, but he has bags of quality to him.

With a new owner willing to spend big before the close of the window:

Aguero
      Taiwo / Cissoko
      Turan
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #1369: Aug 03, 2010 06:06:49 pm
      First of all Parry brought him in. And when he played he wasn't up to scratch, so no.

That is the perception that was built up in the media. Do you think Rafa never talked to Keane before the transfer and Rafa just walked into Melwood one day to find Keane at training?? Don't be so naive, Rafa bought him and wanted to play Stevie in that hole behind Torres. So when January came Keane found out Spuds were interested in bringing him back and jumped at the chance as he was not playing football with us and he wanted to as he was coming into his prime years.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1370: Aug 03, 2010 06:13:22 pm
      That is the perception that was built up in the media. Do you think Rafa never talked to Keane before the transfer and Rafa just walked into Melwood one day to find Keane at training?? Don't be so naive, Rafa bought him and wanted to play Stevie in that hole behind Torres. So when January came Keane found out Spuds were interested in bringing him back and jumped at the chance as he was not playing football with us and he wanted to as he was coming into his prime years.

From what I was told, Rafa had someone else lined up, then Parry came in and said the deals off, but I have someone here who you may be interested in.  Rafa supposedly found out that the other (his preferred deal) could have gone through if we hadn't signed Keane.  Thus a war between Parry & Rafa started.  This war had its casualties, mainly Parry & Keane, but considering what a poor job Parry had done on the financial side of running the club, I think his exit was worth some of this hassle. 

Though I'll admit, I liked Keane as a player, but he became an unwilling pawn in the unfortunate political machinations that dominate our club and as Isaid, it got Coco Parry out the door.
      powergerrard
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #1371: Aug 04, 2010 04:41:46 am
      Hopefully with a bit of money injected into the club we will be able to sign quality players.

Milner
      Aguero
      Warnock
      Arteta.....:)
      LIVERBIRD1985
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1372: Aug 04, 2010 10:50:01 am
      I don't understand why everyone keeps going on about signing a LB and holding CM, like that's the most important thing. Torres is going to be injured and the other strikers aren't good enough to cope when he gets injured and we still have the same problem about wingers, in that we have none. Going to be the same season unless we get some creativity out wide and extra cover up top. Glad Cole's there through the middle though.

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010 10:52:40 am by Bpatel »
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #1373: Aug 04, 2010 11:25:47 am
      I am really baffled as to why people want arteta. if we did we sign a toffee I would rather cahill than him. arteta is a average sized fish in a teeney weeney pond called everton
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1374: Aug 04, 2010 07:45:44 pm
      I kinda would like to see Bastian Schweinsteiger playing for us.

He was pretty much the reason Germany played so well in most games, except against Spain, of course. I remember he single-handedly destroyed Portugal in the 2006 3rd/4th play-off at the age of 20.

Heard he can play anywhere across midfield even.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #1375: Aug 04, 2010 08:20:01 pm
      I kinda would like to see Bastian Schweinsteiger playing for us.

He was pretty much the reason Germany played so well in most games, except against Spain, of course. I remember he single-handedly destroyed Portugal in the 2006 3rd/4th play-off at the age of 20.

Heard he can play anywhere across midfield even.

Really is one of the best midfielders in the world at the moment, fantastic all round player. One of the players I'm most fond of out of Liverpool. Remember I saw him absolutely dominate Wales at the Millennium Stadium playing in Ballack's roll about three years ago and I'd probably say he was the best player in the World Cup personally.

Still he's a 30 million plus player now, I heard he was linked with Inter but I can't see him leaving Bayern, can you?
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1376: Aug 04, 2010 10:23:00 pm
      With new owners linked, its time to get a little (more like a lot) optimistic :)

If we could sign one player from each of the following categories, we would challenge on all fronts next season (and for many seasons to come)!

I think a versatile, quality full-back would be a good signing:  Phillip Lahm or Vasilis Torosidis

If we lose Masch, we will need to sign a new CM:  Javi Martinez, Steven Defour, or Ever Banega would all be quality signings in this area (please not Poulsen!)

Like most people, I think we could use a 1st class partner/replacement for Torres when he is tired or injured:  Sergio Aguero, Antonio Cassano, or Fernando Llorente would all be wonderful additions

We could also use some additional creativity in the wide areas:  Arda Turan or Juan Mata would be my first choices

If we could make these signings, I would let Maxi go along with some of the other dead wood---El Zhar, Degen, Plessis

It would probably cost between 50 - 75 million to sign 1 from each of these categories, but with the supposed money from previous player sales, the money from Standard Chartered, and the potential money from the sale of Masch, the new owners might only have to cough up 20 mil to make this happen :)
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #1377: Aug 05, 2010 01:45:55 pm
      Schweinsteiger would be a great signing, very foreward thiking player, along with oujer. Dont know how Carra will do this season, he looked well off the pace last year, hope he is back to his best.
      5stars+
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #1378: Aug 05, 2010 07:54:43 pm
      a lot depending on masch departure.............bu t Schweinsteiger & Ozil would be gr8 4 us, oh and while there in GEEEEEEEEEEEErmany get Lahm as well
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1379: Aug 05, 2010 08:02:41 pm
      A lot is depending on masch's departure.............bu t Schweinsteiger & Ozil would be great for us, oh and while there in Germany get Lahm as well.

Sort out the grammar please.

Quick Reply