Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Gerrard & Carra

Read 4095 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Gerrard & Carra
      Mar 11, 2010 11:46:00 am
      Question: Is it time rafa and liverpool fc let two of our most influential players steven gerrard & jamie carragher leave in the summer?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Gerrard & Carra
      Reply #1: Mar 11, 2010 11:48:07 am
      No
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Mar 11, 2010 12:28:06 pm
      Think the answer is in the question Shabbadoo
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Mar 11, 2010 12:48:48 pm
      No. Gerrard has had a poor season by his standards, without a doubt, but one bad season from frankly the best player to have ever played for Liverpool doesn't justify F***ing him off.

We'd miss him dearly if he left.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #4: Mar 11, 2010 12:54:22 pm
      I love both players and admire how much they have given the club,the reason why i asked the question was certain managers know when the time is right for a player to be moved on for the good of the team and club and no one was better at this than bill shankley.
      It would mean letting fresh blood take to the stage and giving them the chance to shine without the shadow of senior players with strong personalities.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Mar 11, 2010 12:57:25 pm
      Yeah F**k it why not through Torres in for nothing aswell!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #6: Mar 11, 2010 01:04:16 pm
      Haha! After a run of bad games whoever thinks we should let our 2 most influential players go need there heads examined! We would be a hell of alot worse off without the pair!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #7: Mar 11, 2010 01:10:46 pm
      ! We would be a hell of alot worse off without the pair!

Would we? I dont think so, we have played well when jamie or stevei have not been in the team.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #8: Mar 11, 2010 01:24:59 pm
      I love both players and admire how much they have given the club,the reason why I asked the question was certain managers know when the time is right for a player to be moved on for the good of the team and club and no one was better at this than bill shankley.
      It would mean letting fresh blood take to the stage and giving them the chance to shine without the shadow of senior players with strong personalities.

Or you can look at the other side of the coin and say that the manager is not getting the best out of two fantastic players and usually when this happens it is the manager who exits.

Neither player are bigger than the club that much is for sure and Liverpool football club will continue it's existance long after they have retired and Rafa to, much to the disbelief of some.

Gerrard is still a world class players and has at least two seasons in him to show that, under the guidance of a man-manager who is able to inspire and motivate his players, then who knows what we may achieve. You can have all the money in the world, a 70,000 stadium packed out every week, full of world class players in your side. But if your manager is incapable of gelling that team, inspiring and motivating his players its worth feck all.... Just look at R.Madrid last night.

Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #9: Mar 11, 2010 01:25:29 pm
      Would we? I dont think so, we have played well when jamie or stevei have not been in the team.
      We were fine for a few games, but in the long term we would be fu**ed without at least one of them.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #10: Mar 11, 2010 01:29:52 pm
      I agree we grinded out results without them, but in the long run without there motivation and encouragement on the training ground and the changing rooms, as Ov3rdose says we'd be fu**ed
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: Mar 11, 2010 01:32:12 pm
      They may not be performing at their usual level this season but neither are most of the team bar Reina.

No one is bigger than the club but these two are still important players and their presence would be a confident booster per se.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #12: Mar 11, 2010 01:41:46 pm
      I agree we grinded out results without them, but in the long run without there motivation and encouragement on the training ground and the changing rooms, as Ov3rdose says we'd be fu**ed
      I think the pair of them have lacked motivation this season,pepe and masch have had to pick it up.As for being fu**ed without them i would disagree,arsenal,manure have survived by letting big players leave.If an oppurtunity arises in the summer would it be good to cash in on these two? and if rafa gets the funds to rebuild.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #13: Mar 11, 2010 01:45:13 pm
      I understand where your coming from, but one bad season out of how many years of great service? I think its just a blip and the pair will be back to their best next season! (i hope so anyway) ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #14: Mar 11, 2010 01:47:28 pm
      I fear next season.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #15: Mar 11, 2010 03:16:13 pm
      I am looking forward to next season!!  Clean slate- start again- Do it properly this time!!

As for the original question- this is ONE bad season-
      Remember last season?!  Gerrard the goal machine? 4points from the title?!!

Dont give up so quickly-
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #16: Mar 11, 2010 03:20:05 pm
      Question: Is it time rafa and liverpool fc let two of our most influential players steven gerrard & jamie carragher leave in the summer?

No......but its time LFC,  Gerrard & jamie Carragher let Rafa go in the summer
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #17: Mar 11, 2010 03:25:19 pm
      My question is not based on one season,i think we need to start evolving and the burden on gerrards and carras shoulders is there to see,not for one moment do i not think how much stevieand jamie would love to lift #19 but i think the expectations have taken their toll on both of them,i think cashing in on both would be benificial to the team.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #18: Mar 11, 2010 03:32:11 pm
      I think you are all crazy!!

No scousers in the team??

You may aswell say cashing in on our most expensive players would be beneficial to the team...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #19: Mar 11, 2010 03:33:16 pm
      No.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #20: Mar 11, 2010 03:35:38 pm
      would rather see Rafa go then getting rid of our home grown players.and get a manager that they both would trust with positive tactics.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #21: Mar 11, 2010 03:42:37 pm
      would rather see Rafa go then getting rid of our home grown players.and get a manager that they both would trust with positive tactics.
      This is not  GET RID OF RAFA TOPIC,rafa has turned gerrard into one of the worlds most dangerous midfielders,and carra a pillar at the back,so they have to thank rafa for alot.
      As for not having any scousers in the team it does not affect how foreign players undrestand the liverpool way,look at reina,mascherano,kuyt,torres do they see them less passionate to the cause than the two local lads?i think not.
      I remember arsenal having to locals or english players in the team at one point.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #22: Mar 11, 2010 03:43:24 pm
      No. Gerrard has had a poor season by his standards, without a doubt, but one bad season from frankly the best player to have ever played for Liverpool doesn't justify f**king him off.

We'd miss him dearly if he left.

how dare you? king kenny's the best player ever for lfc :D stevie's te second though and you're right, i wouldn't ship him out for the world at mo. inspirational lad and world class quality does not erode after one bad season

Quick Reply