Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Gerrard & Carra

Read 4090 times
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Re: Gerrard & Carra
      Reply #46: Mar 13, 2010 12:22:25 pm
      Would be funny if someone said something to him about that on air..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Mar 13, 2010 12:25:25 pm
      We can afford to rid of Carra. IMO we let the wrong defender go in Hyypia, but when i predicted a drop in form for Carra never did i imagine it to be this mighty.

Maybe a few bigger signings will bring us the old Gerrard back. Or a chat with some die hard fans who saw the real Liverpool since the Shankly era and remind him what it means to be captain.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #48: Mar 14, 2010 09:30:01 am
      I see the tabloids are at it again over speculation that Gerro is to become a Galactico,some of the gutter press seem to find information on certain players off the man in street who are no doubtably directors or chairmen of these clubs and yet there is nothing what so ever on the clubs own web sites.We have had these so called transfer deals in press for a number of years now without no concrete evidence so how can they say Exclusive when most of the time it's just pie in the sky IMO and yours it sells papers and April fool's believe them.
      Don't these people realise that if it was going to happen that we would be the first to know,so p*ss off with your EXCLUSIVES.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #49: Mar 14, 2010 09:36:23 am
      Considering how poor Gerrard is this season might it be feasible to sell him away? It might be good to raise a fair bit of 80M and provided Rafa gets the full sum to invest in the team, then I might have a hard think over it.

Well he's going to be 30/31 when the new season comes, with each passing game he looks more disinterested in playing and more obsessed with winning the EPL. I see only a couple of years left in him.

With 80M we could buy four quality players which would drastically improve the squad. Gourcuff looks like a potential replacement for Gerrard, surely four players could outweigh the impact Gerrard had on us?

I mean I don't want Gerrard out, but if it means for the good of the team and improving the squad I might think hard about it, and what's more he isn't young and doesn't have many seasons left in him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #50: Mar 14, 2010 09:46:54 am
      Ita all about the team,the team comes first and if that means selling stevie then so be it,as you said redsonfire improving the squad with the funds would be very benificial.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2010 08:25:34 am
      completely disagree wallbanger. soccer may be business to some, but to thousands and thousands of lfc fans, its much more than that. in fact, ask any passionate supporter about any club up and down the country, for them, its not business, its a passion and its a part of their history.

tom and d*ck may look at it as a business, but fans don't. precisely because of this, we need players like stevie. these type of players are becoming a rarer commodity.

Completely agree - What is the point supporting liverpool, if there aren't any local lads and fans like stevie and carra playing for us!!???

Anyone who thinks differently, go support arsenal.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2010 09:25:10 am
      Jeesh I was saying we should bench Stevie for tonight to give him a kick up the arse, and you guys wanna sell him? :lmao:

Stevie has had a bad year with injuries etc. so cut some slack, I'm sure he know he's been playing sh*te. It's harder to get back to your previous form if you know yourself that you're currently playing bad.

On a serious note, lets chip in to send in a clown to boost morale within the dressing room  :f_tongueincheek:

I reckon Rafa should save some money actually and do it all himself, he'd make an awesome entertainer.  :laugh:

Quote from: Rafa (dressed as a clown)
      This is a ballon animal no?  ;D

Quick Reply