Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 376807 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1794: Oct 12, 2014 10:02:35 pm
      I see that thick tw*t Hodgson has dropped another clanger with one of our lads with his latest comments in the media opening up Raheem for all sorts of criticism. I didn't think it possible that he could do more damage as England manager than he did when he had the Anfield job but he has made a pretty good fist of it

What's he said now Scott? I genuinely don't watch any England related stuff so haven't heard anything he's drivelled
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1795: Oct 12, 2014 10:14:55 pm
      I see that thick tw*t Hodgson has dropped another clanger with one of our lads with his latest comments in the media opening up Raheem for all sorts of criticism. I didn't think it possible that he could do more damage as England manager than he did when he had the Anfield job but he has made a pretty good fist of it

The Man is walking disaster zone.

At least Raheem got a rest and gets to see the true nature of Engerland fans early in his career. Now do yourself a favour Raheem and put your club first (while you're here).

As for Hodgson, how he ever got the job was a mystery to me and keeping it beyond that shocking world cup performance is an even bigger mystery.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1796: Oct 12, 2014 10:19:57 pm
      The Man's buffoonery knows no bounds as us reds fans are well aware.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1797: Oct 12, 2014 11:01:46 pm
      What's he said now Scott? I genuinely don't watch any England related stuff so haven't heard anything he's drivelled

Told the media that Raheem told him he was too tired to start the game or something along those lines. Totally unprofessional
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1798: Oct 13, 2014 01:05:23 am
      Told the media that Raheem told him he was too tired to start the game or something along those lines. Totally unprofessional

Whoa.... Hodgson is transparent as F**k when it comes to being resentful of his time at Liverpool and the little snipes in the gutter media.
      Sterling was probably asked to convey that by Brendan (I assume this) according to the demands on him at a young age, so Hodgson is going to play this new game of his, having a go at Liverpool players and Liverpool people by the looks of it (Rooney)..
      .. also the way the club is run eg when he moaned to the press about him not getting royal treatment at Anfield.
      I haven't seen or read the interview or watched any footage of this newest round of international games.
      I can't recall him having sly digs at anyone not related to Liverpool, I'd like examples if anyone can recall.
      This f**ker is going from a comical train wreck to a thorn in the clubs side even after he left.
      Sooner he disappears to Switzerland or wherever the F**k he is supposed to be rated, the better.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1799: Oct 13, 2014 02:42:55 am
      Whoa.... Hodgson is transparent as f**k when it comes to being resentful of his time at Liverpool and the little snipes in the gutter media.
      Sterling was probably asked to convey that by Brendan (I assume this) according to the demands on him at a young age, so Hodgson is going to play this new game of his, having a go at Liverpool players and Liverpool people by the looks of it (Rooney)..
      .. also the way the club is run eg when he moaned to the press about him not getting royal treatment at Anfield.
      I haven't seen or read the interview or watched any footage of this newest round of international games.
      I can't recall him having sly digs at anyone not related to Liverpool, I'd like examples if anyone can recall.
      This f**ker is going from a comical train wreck to a thorn in the clubs side even after he left.
      Sooner he disappears to Switzerland or wherever the f**k he is supposed to be rated, the better.

Wasn't his old dear originally from Walton and a Blue nose?

The bloke is a stubborn muppet with absolutely no tactical nous or any perception of modern day football. If only his Mrs had been a bit more convincing in getting him to retire after being found out by us!

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1800: Oct 13, 2014 05:43:58 am
      I don't know.  I love Raheem and think he's about *this* close to being genuinely world-class.

But this is all a bit ridiculous.  He gets paid absurd amounts of money to kick a ball around and run around a field, twice a week at most, normally only once, the rest of the time he jogs around at Melwood for 2 hours a day.  And he's "tired."  Ok.

I mean the vast majority of us, including most people his age, are working every day, nine hours a day, year round, for pennies on what he makes. 

If I worked one day a week and then called in and said I was tired.....

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1801: Oct 13, 2014 08:13:24 am
      I don't know.  I love Raheem and think he's about *this* close to being genuinely world-class.

But this is all a bit ridiculous.  He gets paid absurd amounts of money to kick a ball around and run around a field, twice a week at most, normally only once, the rest of the time he jogs around at Melwood for 2 hours a day.  And he's "tired."  Ok.

I mean the vast majority of us, including most people his age, are working every day, nine hours a day, year round, for pennies on what he makes. 

Oh right so a 19 year old with the pressure on him with sturridge out and iwho ncidently has played non stop cant feel slightly jaded?

What do you actually do Fed sit behind a desk no doubt!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1802: Oct 13, 2014 08:21:15 am

You have no idea how tough football training is if you think it's a jog around melwood. The work on the pitch is only half of it especially for Sterling who is on a special weights programme at the moment too.

Personally I think he can feel tired for England all he wants.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1803: Oct 13, 2014 10:42:09 am

He doesn't work just one day a week though does he. If you're going to moan about sh*t then at least have the right facts ffs!

So you've never had a day off work?  :roll:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1804: Oct 13, 2014 10:50:50 am
      Wasn't his old dear originally from Walton and a Blue nose?

The bloke is a stubborn muppet with absolutely no tactical nous or any perception of modern day football. If only his Mrs had been a bit more convincing in getting him to retire after being found out by us!

Was she? Well I never, chalk it down to a rant by me... he does seem to be putting in various digs at the club though in a covert way.
      Maybe I over think things because in reality I hardly listen to a word he says or his interviews in text form. Only the odd bit I hear on here or other places, usually when he says something that makes you go err what? So I'm not up to speed on the guy truth be told.
       I avoid England games like the plague unless Sturridge or Sterling are playing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1805: Oct 13, 2014 11:22:57 am
      Way to go Raheem for standing your ground with that decrepit old fool and for responding in such a dignified way to the twatter arseholes. 

What a despicable shithouse that man is!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #1806: Oct 13, 2014 11:39:05 am
      He has looked tired the last couple of games. I think he does need a break he is only 19 and added to which the level of expectation since Luis has gone has been largely transferred to Raheem. We need him on fire against RM so get him ready for that and who cares about England anymore.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1807: Oct 13, 2014 12:04:08 pm
      Way to go Raheem for standing your ground with that decrepit old fool and for responding in such a dignified way to the twatter arseholes. 

What a despicable shithouse that man is!!

Well said.

Hodgson holds a grudge.

Fair play to Rio Ferdinand (feel gross saying that) though:

Former England defender Rio Ferdinand has jumped to the defence of Sterling however, whose performances over the past year have made him vital to club and country.

Ferdinand tweeted: "Sterling - tired, fair play to him. English players are normally too proud to do that unlike our foreign friends. #FreshWhenItMattersMost.

"If you want your team/players to play at their best when out there then 'rest' at the right times is an important element.

"With more rest at the right times throughout seasons (Wayne) Rooney would have gone into tournaments for England fresher 100%.... Too proud again.

"Same could be said of Steven Gerrard,  Frank Lampard, JT (John Terry), Ashley Cole myself etc, all too proud to sit out of training or a match with the bigger picture in mind."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/9515402/european-qualifers-raheem-sterling-hits-back-at-critics-after-england-win
      Bier
      Reply #1808: Oct 13, 2014 01:22:16 pm
      Don't get any criticism on what he's done. He's not a normal teenager with a normal job. He's an athlete, his physical wellbeing is priority number 1. Needs to make sure he's fit and in shape. 2014 has been a crazy year for him at his age, and he still has a long season to go.

I actually think Brendan played a role in this too, at least I hope he did. Being tired is one thing, but that greatly improves the chance of injuries too. I hope they've learned from Sturridge's injury. Player's fitness should take prevalence over these kind of games, it's not like England won't qualify. I understand players risking everything for major tournaments, but not games like this. And it's not like Hodgson will protect the players either, in that sense it's very good that Raheem did this.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1809: Oct 13, 2014 01:35:41 pm
      Been following the coverage on SSN this morning and from the clips they've shown of the Owl speaking to Raheem at training there seems a genuine disdain on Raheems part.  He barely looks him in the eye, preferring to look at the floor or what's going on around him rather than pay attention to what he's being told.

Some might say he's being disrespectful, others that it's typical of teenagers, for me, I think he's got him weighed up as someone who talks sh*t  ;)

LFCexiled
      Reply #1810: Oct 13, 2014 01:50:32 pm
      The owl just opens his gob and causes a sh*t storm every time doesn't he? Why he felt the need to pull him away from the team while the cameras were on them and then also felt the need to tell the media what should've been kept in team is beyond me, the man is a class one bell end.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1811: Oct 13, 2014 01:55:50 pm
      The owl just opens his gob and causes a sh*t storm every time doesn't he? Why he felt the need to pull him away from the team while the cameras were on them and then also felt the need to tell the media what should've been kept in team is beyond me, the man is a class one bell end.

Because he was having a go at Brendan, ie "your not looking after your players so I had to rest Raheem for his own good".

Sly old b***ard that's what he is using a 19 year old to have a go at the club and Brendan.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1812: Oct 13, 2014 02:11:53 pm
      Roy probably having a go at BR through Raheem (after BR's criticism of his handling of Studge), as well as hanging Sterling out to dry.
      Way to man manage and get your players behind you Woy.
      If he eventually bungles his way into another Championships, it won't be anything to do with him.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1813: Oct 13, 2014 02:19:30 pm
      Even the die hard Mancs in work agree with me on this one.

Roy is an embarrassment to football, and a sh*t-stain on my club.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1814: Oct 13, 2014 02:23:38 pm
      I don't see the big deal. A lot of negativity about something positive here.  Roy was being honest about a request from Sterling.  Sterling has nothing to be embarrassed about.  When I was playing at a youth level for my home town, even one training session which included a proper warmup and warm down could leave it uncomfortable to walk at times. I used to feel groin strain on a weekly basis. Some people are built to play week in week out,  such as Suarez and there are people who need to take care of their fitness differently because of susceptibility to fatigue and injury.  Playing fatigued can cause an injury and it's about a players natural physicality as much as age. It usually would take me 2 days to recover from training alone when I was 17. Regardless of any of this I still don't think Roy is England manager material.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1815: Oct 13, 2014 02:28:30 pm
      Hodgson firmly hanging Sterling out to dry with the UK media.
      His desire to ensure his arse is covered prior to a match is impressive.

Should be a discussion on a poor England performance, again,
      instead it's a social media storm about Sterling.

Spare us the faux outrage and cu*ts going on about how hard they work.
      Sterling is at risk of the very same injuries that killed off Owen's career.
      Liverpool need to protect the player and the player needs to be aware of how to look after himself.

All of that goes against everything "British".
      The plucky loser, playing through the pain barrier, ignoring his bodies injuries to take a moral victory.

F**k that. It's the type of nonsense that thwarts the British/Irish game at all levels.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1816: Oct 13, 2014 02:52:14 pm
      Hodgson firmly hanging Sterling out to dry with the UK media.
      His desire to ensure his arse is covered prior to a match is impressive.

Should be a discussion on a poor England performance, again,
      instead it's a social media storm about Sterling.

Spare us the faux outrage and cu*ts going on about how hard they work.
      Sterling is at risk of the very same injuries that killed off Owen's career.
      Liverpool need to protect the player and the player needs to be aware of how to look after himself.

All of that goes against everything "British".
      The plucky loser, playing through the pain barrier, ignoring his bodies injuries to take a moral victory.

F**k that. It's the type of nonsense that thwarts the British/Irish game at all levels.

I think you're crediting him with far too much intelligence. The guy is simply a prat and prone to gaffs.

Quick Reply