Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 382271 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2622: May 20, 2015 02:19:40 pm
      That I'd agree with and sell him in January anyway.

Ha!  We're very wicked people  :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2623: May 20, 2015 02:43:37 pm
      I Agree with....
      Sterling for what ever reason has decided his future lays else where, whether that is down to his agents or bad advice from his colleagues, but either way we do not need the disruption in the team, and by trying to keep him against his will only leads to more and deprives other of getting their chance to play, and thus improve we should remember Sterling is a good little player, but not a great one.

We should  sale Sterling as soon as possible. If City want him and are will to pay £40m plus sale him and move on. I wonder why Alvaro Negredo was loaned to Valencia and if some sought of deal might be done there? but if not then as i have said before; sit on the money until we find a quality player willing to come to 'pool maybe Bastian Schweinsteiger, and not just waste it on any old player, give both Sinclair or Ojo more game time and more of a roll..

Id defo rather sell to Bayern and get some quality Germans in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2624: May 20, 2015 03:05:21 pm
      I think there is often some revisionism every time a player is about to leave the club for whatever reason - he's not that good anyway, good riddance, etc. I understand everyone's anger - I am disappointed with Raheem myself - but differently to many here, I think he's a top quality player who we'll struggle to replace. His form was inconsistent this season but that is to be expected with young players; but even so he managed to be the u-21 players with most chances created in Europe. Most of the team was inconsistent as well without the excuse of being that young and played in different positions with different partners nearly every week. Give him proper partners which he can gel with like we did last season and you'll see a star in the making.

He's a natural dribbler like very few players are. His ability to get the ball under pressure and find a way through the opponents is second to none in the league. If he goes to City or Chelsea I don't think we'll see another Shaun Wright-Phillips; rather I believe we'll really regret having let him go while we watch him shine elsewhere.

At the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to play for LFC, then he probably shouldn't. So I do expect him to leave, but only for a really significant sum. And even if on the one hand I may be glad to see a spoilt brat out of the club, on the other it'll be very disappointing to lose someone of Sterling's talents.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2625: May 20, 2015 03:05:40 pm
      If he does not perform well it is less likely a big club will pay top money so it is the wrong way to force and exit, it won't work cos he's likely to get benched rather than us accept a sub par offer. I do not think he has used his full effort in these final games. Rodgers should have played Lallana in all those games and maybe we would be in a top 4 spot now. What a shame our manager didn't pull him out the team as soon as the BBC thing happened. I'd have done for the good of the team and to preserve is price tag and garentee his exit. It's been handled badly by player and manager, it is a message that play rubbish sulk and talk us down to the media, you'll still get picked and we will beg you not to leave and offer you a pay rise? how many of you can go to your office jobs, sulk... spin around on your chair flicking elastic bands around and saying i'm going to quit... this job sucks... will your managers come out begging you to stay with a pay rise?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2626: May 20, 2015 03:12:04 pm
      I know everyone's upset at Sterling for his behavior and attitude of late, but to boo him at an awards ceremony is kind of low class and doesn't sit right with me. Act accordingly to the environment and venue.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #2627: May 20, 2015 03:18:49 pm
      Its always sad when world class players want to leave the club. It says alot about the club and where these players feel it is headed when it happens. With Sterling I am not sad ... because he is nowhere near world class. In a nutshell this lad cannot strike a ball properly with his right foot nevermind his left, has one trick which is knock it forward and chase after it, his final ball is awful, his awareness of those around him is awful, heading ability is poor and worst of all this season his attitude has been awful.

This lad was given a 2 week holiday by the club ... on full pay and look at his attitude toward the club and its fans. The sight of him laughing his head off within seconds of the final whistle aginst palace whilst those around him looked shellshocked was the final straw. His night out with the opposition that had just beaten us and embarrased us summed him up.

When Owen, Torres, Macherano, Alonso, Suarez etc wanted to leave it hurt ... but not with this lad. I am not going to resort to calling him this and that. To be honest he isn't even worth 2 paragraphs of my time.

If somebody is stupid enough to pay 40m+ for him ... more fool them. If he goes to chelsea or city ... they have players sat on their bench who are better players than him and maybe could be included in the deal.

On a seperate note ... I am sure the club will use this situation to try and cover up their own complete and utter failure. They have no ambition. If FSG and Ian Ayre were offered a 4th place finish for the next 10 seasons they would pull your arm off.

We can debate what a horrible entity football is these days ... but the basic fact is that the clubs above us will spend and expect to challenge for 1st ... every year. Thats why top players go there and by and large stay there. We will in the meantime talk a great game, but produce nothing but hot air and go missing when the 'big boys' come in. And then we will claim we were never interested anyway. And then sell whatever good players we have and spend the money on more dross.

Really frustrating at the moment ... we missed our chance last summer and we will pay a heavy price for it longterm.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2628: May 20, 2015 03:36:36 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off. To be sent off as much as Sterling you have to be world class... scored 2 or 3 goals before getting sent off or something... coming on doing next to nothing and getting a red card is as bad as scoring an own goal. He may never be world class and at a bigger club he is not going to get on the field very often. look any the teams in the semi finals of the CL, Real, Juve, Barca, Buyern... is he really going to push ahead of world class players they have or win a medal sitting on the bench? This 50m price tag is outragous. No team is going to pay 50m for a player that might be or might not be worth it in the future when they can pay 50m for a player that is definatly worth it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2629: May 20, 2015 03:47:19 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off.

??? ??? ??? ???

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2630: May 20, 2015 03:48:43 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off.

You what when how?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2631: May 20, 2015 03:49:39 pm
      Ha!  We're very wicked people  :D

Sometimes, it feels good to be wicked :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2632: May 20, 2015 03:54:46 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off. To be sent off as much as Sterling you have to be world class...

Not sure if serious....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2633: May 20, 2015 03:57:02 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off. To be sent off as much as Sterling you have to be world class... scored 2 or 3 goals before getting sent off or something... coming on doing next to nothing and getting a red card is as bad as scoring an own goal. He may never be world class and at a bigger club he is not going to get on the field very often. look any the teams in the semi finals of the CL, Real, Juve, Barca, Buyern... is he really going to push ahead of world class players they have or win a medal sitting on the bench? This 50m price tag is outragous. No team is going to pay 50m for a player that might be or might not be worth it in the future when they can pay 50m for a player that is definatly worth it.

Sent off!

Are you drunk?

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2634: May 20, 2015 03:57:23 pm
      "Forget his performances and forget how much money he wants, you just keep your mouth shut and get on with playing football."
      Jamie Carragher

I dont know could he say anything better to him.I am really sick of this guy,if he does not wanna sign a new contract than let the lad go.There is nothing worse than a player who plays for a club and he does not wanna be there.Sell him,take some money and spend it smart.Im not sure that i will ever like this guy again.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2635: May 20, 2015 03:58:31 pm
      ;D what the hell was this?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2636: May 20, 2015 04:01:28 pm
      Could have sworn I have seen Sterling pick up reds but just checking on PL site and he has not had any red cards.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2637: May 20, 2015 04:05:44 pm
      Could have sworn I have seen Sterling pick up reds but just checking on PL site and he has not had any red cards.

Jesus f***in Chirst mate. It makes it difficult to take you seriously that way.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2638: May 20, 2015 05:08:50 pm
      "Forget his performances and forget how much money he wants, you just keep your mouth shut and get on with playing football."
      Jamie Carragher

I dont know could he say anything better to him.I am really sick of this guy,if he does not wanna sign a new contract than let the lad go.There is nothing worse than a player who plays for a club and he does not wanna be there.Sell him,take some money and spend it smart.Im not sure that i will ever like this guy again.

Yea that's a top comment from Jamie. Play your f***ing football and worry about contracts and sh*t behind closed doors.

I get the feeling Jamie wasn't kept on because he's too honest with his opnions (which are almost always spot on) and he's not afraid to give out to everyone linked with the club if he disagrees with them. Massive shame his influence is not used wisely at the club. Pure class he is.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2639: May 20, 2015 06:02:50 pm

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2640: May 20, 2015 06:12:05 pm

He got sent off for England for a nothing tackle on Valencia in a pre-world cup warm up match.
      I should say it was Valencia's (the man u one) reaction that got him sent off, because he leapt up and grabbed Sterling by the throat after a hard tackle that was fair.

Hope this helps.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2641: May 20, 2015 06:34:10 pm

Post of the year :D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #2642: May 20, 2015 06:56:11 pm

Candidate for post of the year this!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #2643: May 20, 2015 07:00:07 pm
      Nice one Ripu.

You've gave me a right laugh today.

You always seem to spring out of nowhere with these bizarre posts. :D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2644: May 20, 2015 08:03:35 pm
      One thing people forget is the amount of times he gets sent off. To be sent off as much as Sterling you have to be world class... scored 2 or 3 goals before getting sent off or something...

Spectacular...

Quick Reply