Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 373390 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)
      Reply #3312: Dec 23, 2018 09:20:42 pm
      Doing a quick research, the main scourge's seem to be that one scummy paper (we all know which one) causing a scene (not read the article and not gonna), but also, P.Morgan was in on the act (in which he quickly got shut down by other Journalists) along with https://twitter.com/lucycope9?lang=en (gun activist) , but both pretty much shut up after Sterling gave some context to his tattoo. There is also Sky mis-quoting in which they apologised afterwards (can't find the article).

Even reading back on the articles on Sterling's tattoo, the defense seem to out weigh the attacks, especially from the main stream media. I also understand the controversy of the tattoo without any context and why it would be news, and I like to think any player regardless of race or religion would come under the same scrutiny.

Ok mate.

Like I said before I really think you’re in denial - to me it’s utterly transparent and you seem to be going out of your way to give the benefit of doubt I just don’t see.

But - fair do’s we all see what we see (or wanna see). Me included.

Have a great Xmas 👍
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3313: Dec 23, 2018 09:27:55 pm
      Ok mate.

Like I said before I really think you’re in denial - to me it’s utterly transparent and you seem to be going out of your way to give the benefit of doubt I just don’t see.

But - fair do’s we all see what we see (or wanna see). Me included.

Have a great Xmas 👍

Like I said before, I could be wrong and imo, there is no way to 100% prove it's a racial agenda or "causal" racism, but nor can I prove it isn't unless we can get into their minds, I guess it's just opinions we have.

Anyway, hope you have a great Christmas and your kids and wife get what they wanted!! And btw, I appreciate and respect your (and others here) stance on racism, bigotry etc. The more people like you out there is what we need!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3314: Dec 23, 2018 09:32:58 pm
      Like I said before, I could be wrong and imo, there is no way to 100% prove it's a racial agenda or "causal" racism, but nor can I prove it isn't unless we can get into their minds, I guess it's just opinions we have.

Anyway, hope you have a great Christmas and your kids and wife get what they wanted!! And btw, I appreciate and respect your (and others here) stance on racism, bigotry etc. The more people like you out there is what we need!

Likewise fella - I’m far from “PC Percy” in general.

I just happen to believe we need to as sceptical of our own culture as many amongst us are of others.

Anyways......what a f***in’ team we’ve got 😁
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3315: Dec 23, 2018 10:12:53 pm
      John Terry is a c**t.

Anyone who tries to defend him is a c**t too.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3316: Dec 23, 2018 10:21:31 pm
      John Terry is a c**t.

Anyone who tries to defend him is a c**t too.

:lmao:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3317: Dec 23, 2018 10:28:24 pm
      I'm blocked but my point still stands.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3318: Dec 23, 2018 10:28:52 pm
      I'm a c**t too
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3319: Dec 23, 2018 10:29:40 pm
      Love the word c**t
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3320: Dec 24, 2018 04:26:17 am

Yeah me too but we have stopped using it at work and use the words Flaps, Flapper or Flappers instead.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3321: Dec 24, 2018 08:27:04 am
      PM - the gun tattoo story was pitched as celebratory regarding “perceived” gun culture amongst young blacks.

It’s actually about his father.

Honestly mate - how much clearer does it need to be?

The gun thing being chastised by Piers Morgan was one of the worst bits of 'journalism' I've seen in a long time. The man literally wears a shirt of a team called 'The Gunners' with a massive F***ing cannon on the crest
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3322: Dec 24, 2018 08:46:16 am
      The gun thing being chastised by Piers Morgan was one of the worst bits of 'journalism' I've seen in a long time. The man literally wears a shirt of a team called 'The Gunners' with a massive f**king cannon on the crest

Yup.

That he gets away with such abject cuntery because everyone knows he’s a c**t is - in it’s own way - a huge indictment of the tabloid indoctrination of the viewing public.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3323: Dec 24, 2018 09:24:31 am
      Yeah me too but we have stopped using it at work and use the words Flaps, Flapper or Flappers instead.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You only like the word coz it reminds you of you.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3324: Dec 24, 2018 10:22:48 am
      It doesn't matter if he did or didn't, the point is, there are a lot that think Sterling is a grade A c**t , and writing about grade A cu*ts tend to sell.

Honestly, If I could see any hints of racism by the media, I would jump on board and call out the fuckers, but I just don't see it, sorry.

Maybe you should then, cos having worked in the media industry back in my early 20s I've seen casual racism written and was only during the late 80s and mid 90s that sports writers were only too happy to throw a bit of casual xenophobia around for England semi's against Germany. Trust me lad just because you don't see it, maybe you need to open your eyes more. Tbh it's pretty much why I given up reading newspapers apart from Brian Reades column every week which is superb.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3325: Dec 24, 2018 10:26:32 am
      The gun thing being chastised by Piers Morgan was one of the worst bits of 'journalism' I've seen in a long time. The man literally wears a shirt of a team called 'The Gunners' with a massive F***ing cannon on the crest

And this from the fake news tw*t that faked pics of British soldiers supposedly pissing on Iraqi prisoners, which turned out to be bullshit.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3326: Dec 24, 2018 01:14:17 pm
      At first I laughed my bollocks off we received £50 million for Sterling - he clearly wanted to go, however he's the type of player we're missing out wide to make the difference when someone else isn't doing it for us.

It looks like a bit of silly business now, considering City are now our direct rivals. However he wanted to go, and that's that.

He's been in superb form this season, and I applaud him for standing up in the face of adversity (Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight.)

Wish him absolutely no luck this season, though. Wonder how he would have developed under Klopp, rather than Guardiola. That always sticks in the back of my mind...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3327: Mar 11, 2019 08:26:57 am
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3328: Nov 12, 2019 07:36:50 am
      Stirling seemingly lost the plot out of the England game apparently got Joe in a headlock ,or tried too .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3329: Nov 12, 2019 12:47:27 pm
      Read this first thing this morning when the alarm went off at 5am. Dragged myself out of bed, had a scroll through the morning news and come across this.

My reaction at the time was a big booming HAHAHAHAHHA.

Really set myself up for the day, been in a great mood ever since.

Sterling gets affected by the Anfield atmosphere more than most I've seen return here after leaving. Really hates the stick.

Trent and Joe clearly have got under his skin and hes let himself down. Minus points in the media quest to get him as captain of England.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3330: Mar 24, 2020 05:01:31 pm
      Raheem Sterling truth emerges as Liverpool answer puts twist on Manchester City rivalry

Sometimes, all that’s needed is the right environment for the truth to reveal itself.

Take Raheem Sterling, for example, this week. The Manchester City superstar, like everyone in English football right now, is making the best of some unwanted time off.

With Premier League action postponed until April 30, at the very earliest, top-flight footballers across the country are finding new and inventive ways of passing the time and filling the gaps.

Sterling and his agency decided to do this in a novel way on Monday evening, with the former Liverpool winger happy to part-take in a Q&A session on the Colossal Sports Management's Instagram account.

Across the session, Sterling gave his thoughts on the likes of Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes, but it was a question about his former club that caught the most attention.

Asked whether he would ever consider a return to Liverpool - a club he left in controversial circumstances five years ago - Sterling's answer was refreshing as it was unexpected.

Rather than simply look to keep a respectful distance from his former employers, given their on-field rivalry with his current ones, and the manner in which his departure played out across the summer of 2015, Sterling let the relaxed nature of the session coax out an intriguing response instead.

"Would I ever go back to Liverpool? To be honest with you I love Liverpool," he said. "Don’t get it twisted, they are always in my heart. It’s a team that has done a lot for me growing up so…"

Had that same question been placed at Sterling's feet by a collection of reporters, the City forward would likely have towed the party line. A dismissal out-of-hand would have been forthcoming as he played the straight bat.

Instead, the 25-year-old left the door more than ajar for an Anfield return when quizzed on the social media platform.

Sterling knows his response would have gained traction, even in something as informal as a social media Q&A session and it showed that despite the unpalatable nature of his transfer to the Etihad in July 2015, he retains an affinity for the club who made him a Premier League and England player.

It is perhaps too Machiavellian to suggest that Sterling's comments are not coincidental amid Manchester City's two-year expulsion from the Champions League, but they do suggest that even the most lukewarm flame can still flicker.

Sterling has been roundly booed and jeered every time he has returned to Anfield over the last five years. He is yet to win a game there and has endured a deeply miserable 90 minutes each time.

And despite his current standing among the fanbase who once celebrated his maturation from an untried rookie into a top-class wide man, Sterling clearly still holds a torch for Liverpool.

That same torch may have been used to burn bridges in 2015, but as proven, the right environment will still show it shining bright.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-still-holds-liverpool-17971679?fbclid=IwAR2BzWLV5UxgQ2u0JK2HRKObnx9JaosGpDpxDJQ78y_L961MAQ9ndYYZ2wo
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3331: Mar 24, 2020 05:04:59 pm
      Would we even need him anymore? I don't see him ever coming back to the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3332: Mar 24, 2020 05:08:50 pm
      Would we even need him anymore? I don't see him ever coming back to the club.

We won't sign him back, he won't come back, he's just trying to calm down the grief he gets whenever he plays at Anfield by saying he still loves the club!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3333: Oct 14, 2021 10:18:44 pm
      Sterling open to a move! Would you have him back?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3334: Oct 14, 2021 10:52:59 pm
      Sterling open to a move! Would you have him back?

No.

He’s stagnated the last few years plus he’s a little c**t.

Quick Reply