Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Juan Manuel Vargas (Fiorentina)

Read 2518 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Juan Manuel Vargas (Fiorentina)
      Reply #23: Mar 18, 2010 03:11:08 pm
      Vargas?

I hope not. :|
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Mar 18, 2010 03:15:27 pm
      Don't really know much about him to be honest but if he is a lot better going forward than at defending, like Johnson then i think we need to get in a quality centre back at the same time because with both him and Johnson charging forward and being relatively weak when having to defend i don't think we have the centre back pairing to help stabilise it. Especially seeing as Carra is always going to play.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #25: Mar 18, 2010 03:26:07 pm

Not possible. I refuse to believe someone could be better than JAR at anything. Especially clearing the table at Christmas.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 18, 2010 06:07:21 pm
      He's being playing in left winger and not at LB in the last games.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #27: Mar 18, 2010 06:44:13 pm
      at last!

well i'm peruvian, so i know him since he had like 20 years and was playing for Universitario here in Peru. They used to call him 'Superman' Vargas because he was always flying up and down the wing with no one stopping him. Always had a great shot on him btw.

Then he left to Colón and scored some great goals, one was kind of maradonian :) and he scored some from free kicks too (he is very good at taking those too, very much like Riise, though he can actually get the ball to pass the barrier). He then left straight to Catania where he started to shine and was elected the best LB in the Calcio for 2 consecutive seasons. Now he's playing for Fiorentina as you all know.

About his skills, i don't think he is bad at defending at all. Much better than Johnson tbh. Very, very powerful and quick, a really amazing cross and a powerful shot. And what I think is really important for anyone who's coming to play at Liverpool is that he has a very strong character, he's mentally very strong, a real fighter. That's why we call him 'El loco' (Crazy). So yeah i'd love to see him here.

Here is a video of him running at the 93 minute against Argentina when we tied 1-1. He was pretty much on his own but as you can see he's as stubborn as can be. Nice cross too. (sorry for the quality btw)

Gol de empate Perú contra Argentina (10/09/08)

and this one you should really see it (a bit long i know) to see what he's capable of:

Futbol en America - Juan Manuel Vargas - Sus Goles

and that's it folks! really hope he comes to Liverpool, i think he would greatly improve the team. Plus all those crosses for Torres just sound beautiful...

Quick Reply