Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

The outcome of the home game against Chelsea

Read 25237 times
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Re: The outcome of the home game against Chelsea
      Reply #46: Apr 18, 2010 10:24:38 pm
      Not letting my team lose am I? Rafa does that for us all.

But, it would be a good consolation to an awful season.  I want Man U to slip up more than I care about Liverpool's utter rubbish form.  What is 3 points to us with a season like this one?

There is a difference of being a realist and a jacka**. Liverpool need to finish as high as they can. You obviously have a beef with the club and that's your problem.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #47: Apr 18, 2010 10:29:24 pm
      If Liverpool beating Chelsea means utd win the league so be it. I never have and never want to see Liverpool lose a game to f**k up someone else.

I remember 95 everyone was saying oh Liverpool will lose to Blackburn for Kenny Dalglish and cos we hate utd. Did we f**k 2 nil and the mancs fooked up. I hate Chelsea and would give them nothing easy in fact Id be as every bit fired up to beat them on that day as any other

But Ill say 1 thing id have our lads reminded of it every time they felt like slipping next season. A simple little " get your arses in gear you owe our fans big time for handing utd the league last year"

Liverpool results is all that ever counts utd failing would be a bonus!

2-1 Actually and yeah some Liverpool fans did cheer when Shearer scored.

Me I'm gonna build a big F**k off shelter at the bottom of the garden, should the tw*ts win number 19, cos we will never hear the F***ing end of it, plus a think it's safe to say it will go down to the last game of the season, so we might not hand Utd the title.

Not letting my team lose am I? Rafa does that for us all.

But, it would be a good consolation to an awful season.  I want Man U to slip up more than I care about Liverpool's utter rubbish form.  What is 3 points to us with a season like this one?

Can't you just stop being such a miserable arse, bet you want that pr**k O' Neil even after his Villa team got twatted 7-1 by Chelsea or the Special c**t, who is doing his best to blow the Serie A title.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Apr 18, 2010 11:29:12 pm
      So F***ing what if us beating Chelsea gives the mancs a huge chance of winning the title. I've handed out sh*t to them for years so I'll be able to take it back. The reality is, we've been living off our great history in comfort for too long. A LOT of reds need a reality check. You know the same ones who go the ground expecting this that and the other and don't make a peep for 90 minutes? Success doesn't just come to you, you can't just expect it. Maybe the mancs overtaking us will be the kick up the arse a lot of people need!

There is no way in the world I'd ever have a smidgen of hope that we'd get anything other than a win. NO F***ing WAY.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #49: Apr 18, 2010 11:32:36 pm
      I would love Chelsea coming into Anfield thinking they have it in the bag, because all their players should feel like that, go ahead. I will just smile and laugh when the Reds kick your f*cking a** all the way back to London and you can tell the media why you lost to a Liverpool side who was without Torres, and why they let Pacheco score twice.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #50: Apr 18, 2010 11:35:53 pm
      I can see Spurs taking the decision out of our hands, 1-1 at Old Toilet on Saturday i reckon.

I've got to be honest, I was dreading Chelsea dropping points and this coming about.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #51: Apr 19, 2010 12:06:09 am
      i'd let Chelski win narrowly if it means Man ure don't win the league.

Would never F***ing here the end of it. And why do them the biggest favour possible?!

I felt the same back in 1995.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #52: Apr 19, 2010 12:20:02 am
      It's intriguing but if Spurs don't bottle it at Old Trafford next week and Chelsea win then we can do the business and still Chelsea have it in their own hands.

Whatever happens in the next round of fixtures, we should go for the win cos we need sixth.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #53: Apr 19, 2010 12:24:51 am
      I'm a Liverpool fan, I want Liverpool to win every game.

If us winning means United win the League, then tough F***ing sh*t on Chelsea. They should of won enough points themselves without relying on us to do them a favour. We've already done them a favour this season by beating United 2-0. (Pepe's celebration when Ngog scored still the best moment of the season for me)

So I couldn't care less. I wanna see Liverpool Football Club win, not roll over and hand the game to Chelsea just because it'll mean it's more difficult for United to win the League. If Man United win the League it's because they'll deserve to, not because we've beaten Chelsea. A League season is 38 games long, it doesn't come down to a single game between us and Chelsea at Anfield.

3 points for the Reds please.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #54: Apr 19, 2010 12:27:07 am
      Too right that. Chelsea could have had this won a F***ing month ago the amount of slip-ups United had. But every time they got a chance to make some room at the top they F***ing bottled it.

F**k them. If it comes down to them needing a favor from us, they better F***ing play out of their skins. Cos i want Liverpool to play the best they can every game!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #55: Apr 19, 2010 12:30:10 am
      If 4th spot is gone and if the game comes as chelsea need to win, i wouldnt be too dishearted if we lose that day.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #56: Apr 19, 2010 12:34:36 am
      I'm a Liverpool fan, I want Liverpool to win every game.

If us winning means United win the League, then tough f**king sh*t on Chelsea. They should of won enough points themselves without relying on us to do them a favour. We've already done them a favour this season by beating United 2-0. (Pepe's celebration when Ngog scored still the best moment of the season for me)

So I couldn't care less. I wanna see Liverpool Football Club win, not roll over and hand the game to Chelsea just because it'll mean it's more difficult for United to win the League. If Man United win the League it's because they'll deserve to, not because we've beaten Chelsea. A League season is 38 games long, it doesn't come down to a single game between us and Chelsea at Anfield.

3 points for the Reds please.

Yes but it could well decide who wins the league. Never mind the other 37 games. How can anyone rather see man ure take the league and overall title tally over 3 points. Nevermind the integrity of the sport it happens all the time. We weren't exactly all out to beat Blackburn in 95, quite the opposite from what i remember. Redknapp's reaction said it all.

Anyway we've rolled over plenty times season. Let's put one to damn good use.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #57: Apr 19, 2010 12:36:31 am
      I don't think we'll finish 4th.
      I don't want United to win the league.

So there you go. Fill in the blanks.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #58: Apr 19, 2010 12:39:50 am
      Yes but it could well decide who wins the league. Never mind the other 37 games. How can anyone rather see man ure take the league and overall title tally over 3 points. Nevermind the integrity of the sport it happens all the time. We weren't exactly all out to beat Blackburn in 95, quite the opposite from what i remember. Redknapp's reaction said it all.

Well tough sh*t if it decides who wins the League.

Chelsea have had more than enough F***ing chances to win the League this season, if they don't they've only got themselves to blame. Like we've only got ourselves to blame for being so far down the table. I couldn't care less if it means United winning the League, I wanna see Liverpool win first, last and always.

Chelsea will only have themselves to blame. As will United if Chelsea, god forbid, beat us and go onto win the League.

As for them overtaking our tally of 18 League titles, well so what. It'll make it all the more sweeter taking over their tally of 19 in 2011/12 when we retain our League title and become the first English side to win 20 League Championships.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #59: Apr 19, 2010 12:42:28 am
      I don't think we'll finish 4th.
      I don't want United to win the league.

So there you go. Fill in the blanks.

Yes JD, it would be number 19 for them if Chelsea dont win the league. If we can give Chelsea a helping hand then why let our rivals ovetake us domestically.. I would hate to see United win the league.

Be interesting to see Anfield if Chelsea do score.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #60: Apr 19, 2010 12:43:59 am
      I would hate to see United win the league.

As would every Liverpool fan, but some hate seeing Liverpool lose more than they hate seeing United win.
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #61: Apr 19, 2010 12:45:19 am
      Well tough sh*t if it decides who wins the League.

Chelsea have had more than enough f**king chances to win the League this season, if they don't they've only got themselves to blame. Like we've only got ourselves to blame for being so far down the table. I couldn't care less if it means United winning the League, I wanna see Liverpool win first, last and always.

Chelsea will only have themselves to blame. As will United if Chelsea, god forbid, beat us and go onto win the League.

As for them overtaking our tally of 18 League titles, well so what. It'll make it all the more sweeter taking over their tally of 19 in 2011/12 when we retain our League title and become the first English side to win 20 League Championships.

well said some of our fanbase are doing impressions of the bitters if united win it well ferguson will go maybe and records are there to be broken, also the way it is going we will need it to get in the europa and finish above the guys over the park!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #62: Apr 19, 2010 12:46:29 am
      Yes but it could well decide who wins the league. Never mind the other 37 games. How can anyone rather see man ure take the league and overall title tally over 3 points. Nevermind the integrity of the sport it happens all the time. We weren't exactly all out to beat Blackburn in 95, quite the opposite from what I remember. Redknapp's reaction said it all.

You don't get it? None of us want to see manure take the league, we just dont wanna role over and give it to Chelsea either. Good game against the chavs, see what happens is what i want. Without Nando we will be in for a tough game anyways.

Im just sick of this talk of rolling over. Thats not the Liverpool way. Might as well get Carra to knock in a few OG's if we are gonna go down that route, make it easy for them.

Lets go out there, try and win. If the Chavs beat us, then so be it. I'll be F***ing happy as sh*t to see manure not get the title. But ill be F***ing pissed if it was because we just rolled over, deliberately.

Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #63: Apr 19, 2010 12:49:25 am
      so we might aswell send Gerrard or whoever to the Old Toilet on the last and hand the prem trophy to Ratboy and give him a nice pat on the back saying 'we did it for you lads'.

We are so lucky we have direct influence on where the title goes. We can stop man ure winning it. It's simple.

Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #64: Apr 19, 2010 12:51:29 am
      As would every Liverpool fan, but some hate seeing Liverpool lose more than they hate seeing United win.

What difference of that 1 defeat be to the season we have had? If we have lost the 4th spot by then.. then im sure seeing United not reach number 19 this season would be more pleasurable than us beating Chelsea if we have nothing to play for.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #65: Apr 19, 2010 12:52:21 am
      You don't get it? None of us want to see manure take the league, we just dont wanna role over and give it to Chelsea either. Good game against the chavs, see what happens is what I want. Without Nando we will be in for a tough game anyways.

Im just sick of this talk of rolling over. Thats not the Liverpool way. Might as well get Carra to knock in a few OG's if we are gonna go down that route, make it easy for them.

Lets go out there, try and win. If the Chavs beat us, then so be it. I'll be f**king happy as sh*t to see manure not get the title. But ill be f**king pissed if it was because we just rolled over, deliberately.

Of course i don't want see the team lose or rollover to anybody. But i can make an exception in this case.

Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #66: Apr 19, 2010 12:56:20 am
      Anyway Chelski will be deserved winners. They've been the best team. Done the double over Manure and Arse. Manure have hung in but wouldn't be worthy winners, no way.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #67: Apr 19, 2010 01:00:47 am
      I think we'll still go for it. They'll edge it 2-1 though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: Apr 19, 2010 01:03:35 am
      If some of you lads think Liverpool Football Club will throw a game so the Mancs don't win the league, THINK AGAIN! Your in cuckoo land. Liverpool (( like any other club )) will be doing their best everytime they go on the pitch, why? cos their professionals. Wake up and smell the coffee some of you  :-\

Quick Reply