Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The outcome of the home game against Chelsea

Read 25564 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Re: The outcome of the home game against Chelsea
      Reply #69: Apr 19, 2010 01:05:56 am
      If some of you lads think Liverpool Football Club will throw a game so the Mancs don't win the league, THINK AGAIN! Your in cuckoo land. Liverpool (( like any other club )) will be doing their best everytime they go on the pitch, why? cos their professionals. Wake up and smell the coffee some of you  :-\

"As Drogba knocks in his eighth today past a helpless Lucas in goal due to injuries to all the keepers at the club....." ;)

Can't wait for that come on Liverpool chant from your mob like last time outside OT on Granada Reports  8)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #70: Apr 19, 2010 01:07:32 am
      Some of the supposed fans on here need to sort their heads out. Hoping to lose a game for some kind of alleged greater good. All that matters is liverpool after that i dont care who wins if its not us
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #71: Apr 19, 2010 01:09:09 am
      Of course I don't want see the team lose or rollover to anybody. But I can make an exception in this case.

So you are saying to throw the match? F**k, you do realize one of the cardinal sins of sports is throwing a match? F**k that, that would be stooping to their level.

I'd rather be the bigger man. If they win it, F**k itll hurt. It'll hurt a lot, i had tears in my eyes just watching them claim the 18th. But, throwing a match just to deny them sounds like something fergie would do. I just can't take that kind of talk. Play a fair match, do it like we would any other game. If they win, so be it. There will be a bright side if we lose, look at it that way. But if i ever actually saw a Liverpool fan in a pub rooting for Chelsea just cos they didn't want rivals to claim the title, id just shake my head and stay clear of the b***ard. Because no true Liverpool fan with the blood of this team running through your veins can watch Liverpool FC play without wanting nothing less than a win.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #72: Apr 19, 2010 01:13:29 am
      so we might aswell send Gerrard or whoever to the Old Toilet on the last and hand the prem trophy to Ratboy and give him a nice pat on the back saying 'we did it for you lads'.

We are so lucky we have direct influence on where the title goes. We can stop man ure winning it. It's simple.

We did stop United winning it. Remember the 2-0 win at Anfield? That was a chance for Chelsea to pull away.

What difference of that 1 defeat be to the season we have had? If we have lost the 4th spot by then.. then im sure seeing United not reach number 19 this season would be more pleasurable than us beating Chelsea if we have nothing to play for.

We have nothing to play for? So we don't have three points to play for when we play against Chelsea. We don't have our final home game of the season for the lads to actually give the fans a good send off for Hull and then the final in Hamburg. We don't have actual pride to play for? We don't have to actually put up a fight to avoid being known as the biggest shithouses in the world.

If we roll over as you're requesting we do, we'll be given nothing but F***ing hell from every c**t and his son for as long as our club exists. We'll be known as the shithouse club who gave up.

If the shoe was on the other foot, United would roll over because that's the way their club is. Ours isn't. We have a duty above all else to our fans to deliver. We have a duty to the sport we play to put up a fight.

F**k rolling over. I can't F***ing stand Chelsea, I hate the entire ethos of Chelsea Football Club and you want me to want my club to let that club just take three points off my club. Yes I hate Man United and their ethos. But do you know what club I do love, that's my F***ing club. Liverpool Football Club and one of the reasons why I love my club is because of our ethos. We don't roll over, we don't give in and we certainly don't hand it to a side on a plate. We're Liverpool Football Club - that means we're the best. That means we go out to try and win every single F***ing game.

F**k Chelsea, F**k United and F**k Arsenal. I don't care about them, I care about us. I want us to not only beat Chelsea but F***ing humiliate them.

It's up to Chelsea to win the League on their own back, not ours.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #73: Apr 19, 2010 01:18:12 am
      Because no true Liverpool fan with the blood of this team running through your veins can watch Liverpool FC play without wanting nothing less than a win.

Boss post that fella and the bit I've quoted is too F***ing true it's unreal.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #74: Apr 19, 2010 01:18:32 am
      We shouldn't throw our pride and dignity away just for Man United not claiming number 19.

As Brian78 said to me, it's always about us. So, we should just go all out and win the game, just like every other game we've always wanted that result for.

At least, by beating or even humiliating Chelsea, it's a positive in our below-par season.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #75: Apr 19, 2010 01:24:07 am
      Boss post that fella and the bit I've quoted is too f**king true it's unreal.

Cheers mate, honestly how i feel though. I just don't know how you can be a real fan if you can watch a game with the mindset of "I hope we lose today"

Shanks would F***ing hate that as well!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #76: Apr 19, 2010 01:28:02 am
      Cheers mate, honestly how i feel though. I just don't know how you can be a real fan if you can watch a game with the mindset of "I hope we lose today"

Shanks would F***ing hate that as well!

Too true again mate.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #77: Apr 19, 2010 01:29:29 am
      Let's be fair. It certainly is a debatable topic this. I've already made my point clear and loud though. I can't understand anyone wanting us to lose or drop points. There's never any justified reason for it.

We are so lucky we have direct influence on where the title goes. We can stop man ure winning it. It's simple.

We can also be helpless to them winning the title next year. It's them who've been winning titles to catch us and potentially overtake us for the last two decades. How on earth can you possibly say 'we are so lucky'.

Ridiculous thing to say!

As would every Liverpool fan, but some hate seeing Liverpool lose more than they hate seeing United win.

Couldn't agree more.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #78: Apr 19, 2010 01:34:07 am
      So you are saying to throw the match? F**k, you do realize one of the cardinal sins of sports is throwing a match? F**k that, that would be stooping to their level.

I'd rather be the bigger man. If they win it, f**k itll hurt. It'll hurt a lot, I had tears in my eyes just watching them claim the 18th. But, throwing a match just to deny them sounds like something fergie would do. I just can't take that kind of talk. Play a fair match, do it like we would any other game. If they win, so be it. There will be a bright side if we lose, look at it that way. But if I ever actually saw a Liverpool fan in a pub rooting for Chelsea just cos they didn't want rivals to claim the title, id just shake my head and stay clear of the b***ard. Because no true Liverpool fan with the blood of this team running through your veins can watch Liverpool FC play without wanting nothing less than a win.

The match doesn't have the thrown so to speak. Just play how we played a fair few times this season. There is no need to raise our game (if possible) for this match.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Apr 19, 2010 01:37:35 am
      For those of you on here hoping we lose to chelsea i have some good news for you. They have the same kit supplier as us. Its also a primary colour. It costs them same. Go buy one and wear it with pride. As for me i ll support my club thanks
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #80: Apr 19, 2010 01:43:27 am
      Let's be fair. It certainly is a debatable topic this. I've already made my point clear and loud though. I can't understand anyone wanting us to lose or drop points. There's never any justified reason for it.

Definitely debatable mate, ive had the debate in my head a lot since the beginning of the season about this very fixture, and all the things it could impact :D But like you said, I can't understand wanting us to lose. Thats where I draw the line. I can see the bright side if we do lose, after the result - but ill still be disappointed in watching my team lose. But before the game and during the 90 minutes, I can't see any option but cheering for a Liverpool win. Simple, it's been that way for 10 years now for me, and it will be for many more years to come.

The match doesn't have the thrown so to speak. Just play how we played a fair few times this season. There is no need to raise our game (if possible) for this match.

That's throwing it. If you go out with that mindset of "lets just not try to raise our game" thats throwing it. Every match you should always try as much as humanly possible.

Im gonna post the mantra for my Aussie Rules team back in South Australia, one which was written by their legendary coach back in the 60's, basically that teams version of Shankly:

Creed of the Port Adelaide Football Club :
      CLUB CREED

"We, the Players and Management of the Port Adelaide Football Club, accept the heritage which players and administrators have passed down to us; in so doing we do not intend to rest in idleness but shall strive with all our power to further this Club's unexcelled achievements.

To do this we believe there is great merit and noble achievements in winning a premiership.

To be successful, each of us must be active, aggressive and devoted to this cause. We agree that success is well within our reach and have confidence that each member of both the team and management will suffer personal sacrifices for the common end.

Also we know that, should we after striving to our utmost and giving our everything, still not be successful, our efforts will become a further part of this Club's enviable tradition.

Finally, we concede that there can be honour in defeat, but to each of us, honourable defeat of our Club and guernsey can come only after human endeavour on the playing field is completely exhausted."

Fos Williams, 1962

Now look at that last entry on the creed, the one at the bottom. That is key for me, and thats what I expect from every team. Only once all has been left on the field, can defeat be accepted. So if my team goes out against Chelsea and has a half-arsed effort, I will take no pride in that. I'll be happy if manure don't claim the title, but I will take no pride in my team for any part it may take in that.

And I would hope Chelsea fans would be looking for their team to win the title, not just be given it.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #81: Apr 19, 2010 01:49:35 am

We can also be helpless to them winning the title next year. It's them who've been winning titles to catch us and potentially overtake us for the last two decades. How on earth can you possibly say 'we are so lucky'.

Ridiculous thing to say!

We are so lucky because after such a bad season, after a such weak challenge for the league, after being so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, we can still have an influence on stopping our most hated, bitter rivals becoming outright best team in england, undisputed. F**k that sh*t!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #82: Apr 19, 2010 01:52:36 am
      We are so lucky because after such a bad season, after a such weak challenge for the league, after being so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, we can still have an influence on stopping our most hated, bitter rivals becoming outright best team in england, undisputed. F**k that sh*t!!!

Sorry lad but Everton have no chance of becoming the best team in England. They are our most hated, bitter rivals.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #83: Apr 19, 2010 01:53:58 am
      Well I agree with those who wanna go for the win. Obviously I'd love to win.

Just pull out our performance stats against the others in the "top 4" this season.

Hate to throw a downer on it, but we've performed badly against the supposed stronger sides this season. I don't know, Chelsea will be gunning for the title, they'll go all out. Us, well we'll be trying for 5th/6th. So you can see from the offset who's gonna be trying to win the game the most.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #84: Apr 19, 2010 01:56:30 am
      Sorry lad but Everton have no chance of becoming the best team in England. They are our most hated, bitter rivals.

Everton more hated? Seriously?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #85: Apr 19, 2010 01:56:42 am
      We just have to finish as high as we can and the least the squad could do after this horrid season is give the fans a show worth watching - 4 wins our of 4 games.

We aren't going to give the title to Chelsea whether we are sure to finish top 4 or not.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #86: Apr 19, 2010 01:57:32 am

Yes. Seriously.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #87: Apr 19, 2010 01:58:27 am
      We are so lucky because after such a bad season, after a such weak challenge for the league, after being so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, we can still have an influence on stopping our most hated, bitter rivals becoming outright best team in england, undisputed. f**k that sh*t!!!

F**k that sh*t you speak of! You are no fan if you want Liverpool to not win, simple! You just cannot be a true red if you want to watch your team lose just to stop them.

Fact is, we have let them win 11 without reply, one more may knock us off the record books - but only temporarily. We'll get it back soon enough.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #88: Apr 19, 2010 02:01:11 am
      Everyone...

Calm Down
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #89: Apr 19, 2010 02:04:35 am
      F**k off with your youtube sh*t!!!!!

;)
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #90: Apr 19, 2010 02:05:12 am

Well thats debatable mate. But i don't see how the hatred can be as strong when you've got families split down the middle with alleigences.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #91: Apr 19, 2010 02:06:41 am
      We should go out to win of course.

But.

Should we lose... will I be bothered?

Slightly. However something will dramatically soften the blow.

Quick Reply