Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Albert Riera lashes out at Rafa

Read 23278 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Albert Riera lashes out at Rafa
      Reply #23: Mar 18, 2010 04:33:45 am
      Footballers are also paid what most 'normal' humans get in a year in a week. Most 'normal' human beings would also be fired straight away if they came into the press and slammed a boss like that. So as much as I know where you are coming from, I will also call 'bullshit' on your post. Football is completely unlike normal business.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #24: Mar 18, 2010 04:43:57 am
      Do we even know for sure if he said this?

Riera strikes me as the quiet type; keeps himself to himself.

Have my doubts as to whether this article is true.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Mar 18, 2010 04:53:48 am
      Same here Res mate.

What's with all the name calling allready did we turn into United fans all of the sudden.

I am perplexed only a tad, did he not say a few weeks back he would sign for life?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #26: Mar 18, 2010 05:05:00 am
      I'll join you two on the fence seat, if you don't mind.

We've seen many stories like this in the past that turn out to have been very old quotes, or entirely misinterpreted for the sake of "journalism".

Nor sure.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #27: Mar 18, 2010 05:17:06 am
      Maybe.. Guess in my drunken haze I jumped on the hate wagon.

Still in that haze, and I'm willing to be proven wrong ;D

Just seems odd. If they were gonna make something up, be better to use someone closer to the present squad wouldn't it? He's not exactly a real bug part of ourteam at the moment.

EDIT: plus the fact he's always struck me as a little lazy.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #28: Mar 18, 2010 05:28:30 am
      Bye Bye Riera, talk about signing your own deaf warrant.No doubt he will be out in the media, saying he has been mis quoted, and that his words have been losted in translation.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #29: Mar 18, 2010 05:31:06 am
      Footballers are also paid what most 'normal' humans get in a year in a week. Most 'normal' human beings would also be fired straight away if they came into the press and slammed a boss like that. So as much as I know where you are coming from, I will also call 'bullshit' on your post. Football is completely unlike normal business.

Just because they're paid more than most of us does not means they're not humans with feelings.

We're paid more than what 95% of the population in the 3rd world country, but still we at times gossip and badmouthing our boss during lunch time.

And putting the "they earn more than us so they should keep quiet" does not sounds right. The fact that despite they're earning their paycheck regardless of whether they're playing / doing nothing and yet they still want to play is also a positive.

Besides, on the other hand, call it primadona or anything, but if a few words with him keeps him happy and content, surely it's not a big thing to ask from Rafa to do so, it's not like he's gonna humiliate himself doing that? Mind you that Rafa also enjoys "normal" salary, and if he can't even be arsed to do it, he's not doing his job very well.

Riera was bought by him mind you.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Mar 18, 2010 05:36:12 am
      :roll:

Why should he get the words from Rafa if he ain't deserved of them?

Third world comparison is arse as well. I'm just not even gonna bother. There's a big differance between bad mouthing during lunch time and going to the press.

I told my boss (who happened to by my dad, who I love dearly) to F**k off twice. I got in ALOT of trouble, and the only reason I didn't get fired was he is my dad.

So what Riera has done, if true to the article, is inexcusable.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Mar 18, 2010 05:36:52 am

After a deal to bring Silva to the club was stopped because the Yanks wouldn't fund it for double Riera's price tag (deal struck for 15m for Silva).

Riera was his back up choice. Again he didn't get his man.

But Riera is sh*te. I thought Rafa paid too much for him in 8m pounds reportedly, for a one season wonder. Didn't like him when he was at Espanyol, was laughing when Everton wanted him, and was fuming when we signed him.

If he did or didn't say these things, he's still woeful an hopefully does F**k off to Russia.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #32: Mar 18, 2010 05:50:18 am
      Whatever people think about Riera the player, it doesn't say a lot for Rafa the man and manager of Liverpool FC.

I will be interested to hear what the players say about Rafa if and when he leaves.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #33: Mar 18, 2010 05:53:44 am
      Pennant said similar things as well though. And we all know the c**t he is.

Rafa has never been a warm cuddly guy though, we all know that. When he has players who can accept that, they do well. If you wanna be wrapped in cotton wool, F**k off. We don't need pussies at this club, we need men.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #34: Mar 18, 2010 06:03:20 am
      There is a bit of a difference between being a "pussy" and psychological assistance.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Mar 18, 2010 06:03:49 am
      Those who have failed here have been the weak minded, the ones who give up easily, and the ones who have been told they were Jesus' long lost brother since they were young.

Those who prosper are open minded, tough, and work F***ing hard. Kind of reminds me of the old Liverpool mentality. Just shut up and get on with it.

Ryan Babel the perfect example. Finally doing his talking with his footy and not his twitter and looks a much better player already.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Mar 18, 2010 06:05:51 am
      There is a bit of a difference between being a "pussy" and psychological assistance.

Yep. Also known as 'men and boys'

Rafa wouldn't deliberately sabotage someone.

Well said crouchy!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #37: Mar 18, 2010 06:37:29 am
      Brilliant timing!!

If he ain't happy he can F**k off.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #38: Mar 18, 2010 06:43:55 am
      It seems to me that Rafa can do no wrong, not even they're both equally wrong, there can only be 1, and that's Rafa.

SO... hand in heart, when rafa airs his laundry in the public with his boss, you stick to him because it suits you, and when Riera does it you tell him to f off?

Talking about double standard

If Rafa can't even keep his player disciplined than he's not doing a good job. Put it anyway you like, but the person in charge means he's overseeing his subordinate. And I do not say this on this occasion, there has been plenty of incidence in the past to suggest that this is not a one off thing.

PS: I love the club, but this will send out a wrong message to our transfer target (if we have one)

AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #39: Mar 18, 2010 06:47:23 am
      The only reason you did not go to press is because you're not in the position to call the press aren't you.

If you know that F offing your boss is not right, but still you do that not once but twice.

So, you can do them, but not others? no? Just because they're richer than you?

AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #40: Mar 18, 2010 06:48:45 am
      Those who have failed here have been the weak minded, the ones who give up easily, and the ones who have been told they were Jesus' long lost brother since they were young.

Those who prosper are open minded, tough, and work f**king hard. Kind of reminds me of the old Liverpool mentality. Just shut up and get on with it.

Ryan Babel the perfect example. Finally doing his talking with his footy and not his twitter and looks a much better player already.

Have it occur to you that he looks much better because "HE ACTUALLY PLAYS"??
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #41: Mar 18, 2010 06:50:37 am
      Riera adds a different dimension to the team on the left which sadly no one else in the team is capable of. Well if Rafa's intention is to sell him, then he could be more dignified. He has got a WC coming for god's sake...

And going public about this is absurd... Should have put in a trnsfr request and left smoothly. The last thing we need is players going public against the manager who already has a gun stuck down his throat...

If this news is true, then I'd take him out of the Lineup i proposed for Lille... Thats wat u get if u publicly threaten the boss...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Mar 18, 2010 06:51:09 am
      Mmm, and whos Rafa's boss's? Yeah, im gonna have a go at Rafa for attacking them :roll:

Rafa has proven to us fans, that he has what it takes to lead us to something great with some brilliant performances. Riera has had some decent ones dotted in amongst a fair bit of average and sh*t. He has not earned a second chance, nor the right to speak out. If Gerrard or Torres or Reina did, id listen, as they deserve respect. Riera has done nothing to deserve it.

So not a double standard, simply someone should know their place. He is a squad player at best.

Don't accuse me of double standards again.

EDIT: Your second post made no real sense to me.

Have it occur to you that he looks much better because "HE ACTUALLY PLAYS"??

EDIT x2: Yeah, after he pulled his head in :roll:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Mar 18, 2010 06:51:33 am
       I do not know if Riera made the statement or not,all I do know if he wants the manager to talk to him then he needs to perform on the pitch.If he does a good job the manager would have no option but to talk to him.It is time for Riera to start showing some consistency in his play and start earning his wages.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #44: Mar 18, 2010 06:56:48 am
      Didnt know what to say when I first read it, but I think kenny has summed it up perfectly...

Read this before on the Guardian website and couldn't be arsed posting it.

It says to me two things:

1. Rafa is a cold manager and has his favourites.

2. Riera is wanting a game for Spain in the World Cup.

Personally I think Riera is one of the most laziest players I've seen pull on a red shirt. But he's not afraid to have a crack on goal and can show flashes of a good pass towards goal every now and again. Thing is, he only puts the effort in when it suits him.

He was always going to be on a loser weren't he.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #45: Mar 18, 2010 06:59:30 am
      Mmm, and whos Rafa's boss's? Yeah, im gonna have a go at Rafa for attacking them :roll:

Rafa has proven to us fans, that he has what it takes to lead us to something great with some brilliant performances. Riera has had some decent ones dotted in amongst a fair bit of average and sh*t. He has not earned a second chance, nor the right to speak out. If Gerrard or Torres or Reina did, id listen, as they deserve respect. Riera has done nothing to deserve it.

So not a double standard, simply someone should know their place. He is a squad player at best.

Don't accuse me of double standards again.

EDIT: Your second post made no real sense to me.

EDIT x2: Yeah, after he pulled his head in :roll:

No, I actually agree that "double standard is normal". I can't claim i'm perfectly unbiased, and off course I reserve a double standard for everything in life.

I'm not saying that Riera / Rafa is right.

But perhaps we should look in from another perspective in these kinds of matters.

And regardless of Riera's achievement for LFC, you can't treat them like that just because they're fringe, god help us if managers instill that kind of mentality, how do you think all the youth in LFC academy feel if that comes out from Rafa?

And another point to consider is that by so many abysmal performance lately (Pre portsmouth) and the fact that there he was Fit and not being injured but didn't even make the list. That should be crusching for adult to accept that you're being left out.

How can he prove anything if he's not even in the bench, or are you saying Rafa clearly based his selection on Training? God help us if Kuyt plays week in week out because he's the best in training.

Quick Reply