Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Pre Match: Manchester United v Liverpool 21/3/2010 (KO13:30)

Read 22584 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre Match: Manchester United v Liverpool 21/3/2010 (KO13:30)
      Reply #69: Mar 19, 2010 05:08:28 pm
      Last season every man and his f***in dog said that we Liverpool Fc were a 2 man team, But i have'nt heard one anyone say that Manure are a one man team and thats exactly what they are, Take the Granny Shagger out of their side and they are F**k all, They rely too heavily on him and their whole structure is built around him, He is on fire right now and needs to be stopped, I would play Masch and lucas with Masch concentrating on Fat boy, Lucas can play like he did last night that would give them something else to think about, I would love to see Torres rape Vidic and/or the camel to give us a 1-3 victory and send a message that despite our sh*t season we can still do the double over the scum.
      C'mon you mighty reds, C'mon you mighty reds, This is our cup final lads, f***in have em!!!!
                  YNWA   IRWT

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #70: Mar 19, 2010 05:16:21 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: Mar 19, 2010 05:32:12 pm
      Can't explain it. just my guy feeling

Thats what Torres' bi*ch Vidic, says about Nando.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #72: Mar 19, 2010 05:35:52 pm
      If I'm honest I have been worried about this Man U. match for a solid two weeks now.

Last night I watched the top ten Reds victories over Man U. and that coupled with our past two wins have put me in a better mood :)

Lets go lads!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #73: Mar 19, 2010 05:39:58 pm
      Know what you're saying Brian everytime he got the ball last night I held my breath and I'm thinking don't F**k up. Good enough he came through but he doesn't inspire confidence.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #74: Mar 19, 2010 05:49:16 pm
      In the echo tonight, bet fred is giving 130 to 1 that rooney scores first and we win 2-1. Now i don't want him to score but them are some pretty, pretty odds.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #75: Mar 19, 2010 06:06:19 pm
      Just watched the first match on LFCTV, there was 5 Min's of added time played before Ngog scored the second goal. Feckin referees and United, always the same!!

I think we will be lucky to come away with a draw from this game, the Scum are good in the air, and that's where we are losing goals from - crosses and set pieces.

We will raise our game but their team is stronger than ours, and on home soil they should edge it. But I live in hope!! :scarf:
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #76: Mar 19, 2010 06:47:46 pm
      Come on Reds! I'm praying Insua turns in his best performance of the season to slow Valencia. I think Mascherano will be the difference. He must help stifle the fatboy. They may have more possession but we must make the most of our chances. I could see this turning out exactly like the earlier fixture, with a Nando counter attack goal and then a late goal to seal it! YNWA!
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #77: Mar 19, 2010 10:17:41 pm
      We hate Man United, We hate them cause they're scum.

We hate Man United especially Ferguson.

We hate Man United, We hate them just for fun.

We hate Man United more than Everton.

For all the out of towners like myself I believe these sentiments to be true.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2010 10:25:27 pm by YorkshireRed »
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #78: Mar 19, 2010 10:19:07 pm
      Would have been handy to have had Aurelio fit for this 1 so he could double up with Insua on Valencia. He will be our main threat, stop Valencia you stop Rooney scoring which means you stop United scoring.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #79: Mar 19, 2010 10:21:46 pm
      Think it's a good time to whack out a bit of my artage ;)

Let's put 4 past these again! (would settle for a 1-0 win though so long as it's us who gets all the points :laugh:)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #80: Mar 19, 2010 10:53:01 pm

No matter what you think of Rafa he always has a plan to deal with Man who.

I'm confident we won't be beaten. A draw as a minimum for us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #81: Mar 19, 2010 10:58:36 pm
      Worried about Insua against Valencia. Really worried. Bar that I think we can really match them. Rooney is the obvious danger but our star striker is in top form after 4 goals in 2 games.

Going for a 1-0. Torres on the break.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #82: Mar 19, 2010 11:03:56 pm

Catchy tune that. :)
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #83: Mar 19, 2010 11:08:39 pm
      I just remembered

Rio is out on a 4 match ban

YES VIDIC HE'S COMING

ferdinand is back
      what are peoples thoughts on if kuyt will play or not?
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2010 11:14:49 pm by Henrik577 »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #84: Mar 19, 2010 11:25:29 pm
      ferdinand is back
      what are peoples thoughts on if kuyt will play or not?

Maxi should play. Kuyt has been sh*te recently.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #85: Mar 19, 2010 11:25:42 pm
      Been away along time and am so looking forward to this sunday.
      As has been previously mentioned, i too believe this is one of the most important games we have faced in on on long time.
      I would rafa to play the same team that faced portsmouth...a confident and attacking line up that puts the opposition on the back foot and also attacks with options.
      Got to start quickly and strongly and test vidic and neville with pace...torres and babel are in good form to do this.
      Nomore double act defensive midfielders...masch can sit deeper and allow AA to push and spread them. The strength of masch should give johnson at least the opportunity to be more dynamic and insua to hopefully not get exposed.   
      Maxi finally needs to show his quality. Beat aman, put in on on cross or hold the ball and find akiller pass....he has got better but he is yet to show form of latter years or to be atotally different alternative to the out of form kuyt.
      Gerrard back behind torres and game on.
      Special mention to reina. I often forget just how lucky we are to have him. Such quality...one of the best we have ever had and one of the best in the world right now.
      Going for 2-0 to us...babel and nando.
      You Mighty Reds!
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #86: Mar 19, 2010 11:25:56 pm

Cheers, I've been singing it to myself ever since I came up with it after last seasons mauling over them. Perhaps another verse to be added after Sundays roast.
      1-2, 1-3 or 2-3 I don't mind I've got money on them all. 1-3 would be nice as I picked it up at 50/1. ;D
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #87: Mar 20, 2010 12:06:30 am
      I would honestly say i don't know which way this would go, realistically but we are Liverpool and by god i have belief so you know, i think we will get the 3 points
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6819 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #88: Mar 20, 2010 12:55:39 am
      I don't tend to predict or put my thoughts out on what team Rafa is gonna go with but this time I can't stop thinking about it.

For me, I'm hoping Rafa pulls one out completely on them and we go 4-4-2. Fergie won't be expecting that.

I'd love to see this.

Nando    N'Gog

Babel    Masch   Gerrard  Maxi/Benni

Insua    Agger    Carra    Johnson

(we don't have
                     any one else)

Pepe.

We know if we play Torres up front on his own, he's good enough to beat Vidic and Ferdinand (if he's playing) but most of the time they are gonna double team him, so his opportunities are going to be limited. Playing N'gog up top not only gives us another goal scoring option but if he was be told to drag Ferdinand away from Torres as much as possible, would leave Nando with plenty of one on ones with Vidic. We all know what the result is going to be there.

To do this we also need to control the midfield and with Masch there to block everything that is trying to get through there, we use Stevie's precision passes to set Nando on his way.

I know Shrek's in the form of his life but have confidence that Agger and Carra can subdue him.  Can't remember him ever playing well against us and I hope that continues.

My biggest worry is Insua. I'm hoping he plays his best ever game in a Liverpool shirt, he has to stop back peddling when someone is running at him. Just get your foot in and hack the ball away as far as you can.

Come on Reds, this is the biggest game of the season for me. There's nothing better that doing another one over these manc cu*ts especially at their own shithole.

Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #89: Mar 20, 2010 02:47:21 am
      Insua does seem like our weak link and united are sure to expose that with valencia who has been putting in some very good crosses lately. I'm thinking we play either Masch or johnson at RB with Lucas and Aquilani in the centre. If insua does play then the Left midfielder really does have to track back, which is why I think Babel shouldn't start. Maybe Kuyt on the left?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #90: Mar 20, 2010 03:01:51 am

I like that as well ;D

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #91: Mar 20, 2010 03:38:15 am
      Insua does seem like our weak link and united are sure to expose that with valencia who has been putting in some very good crosses lately. I'm thinking we play either Masch or johnson at RB with Lucas and Aquilani in the centre. If insua does play then the Left midfielder really does have to track back, which is why I think Babel shouldn't start. Maybe Kuyt on the left?

Babel has been working his ass off out there lately. If he can get up like he did in the Lille match, then he will definitely be up for this match. Babel should be started for me.

Insua is going to have his hands full, but he does have the potential... lets see the best game Emiliano has played yet.

YNWA

Quick Reply