Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (29.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (5.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (31.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      (23.9%)

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief

Read 62079 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief
      Reply #690: Mar 21, 2010 04:26:11 pm
      How Pepe isn't in the man of the match list I don't know.
      Why - what did he do?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #691: Mar 21, 2010 04:27:03 pm
      Unlucky today after a great start, but for a ref only too happy to give virtually everything Utd's way.

Towards the end I think some frustation started to creep into our play

Also agree about our full-backs being poor, but I honestly don't think those manc cu*ts outclassed us in any way, they were just lucky to have their best player on the pitch - Howard Webb!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #692: Mar 21, 2010 04:27:06 pm
      Why are people voting for Pepe?
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #693: Mar 21, 2010 04:27:26 pm
      All in all, i didn't think it was a bad performance, we could of and should got the equaliser when nando missed his chance, but not going hold that against him.

The only the i can say is Howard Webb was so one sided today we were getting nothing today and in the big games that counts for alot.

But after the season we've had i thought we held our own very well, we played alot of good football but we jus couldn't produce in the final third.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #694: Mar 21, 2010 04:27:34 pm
      Well, I haven't voted M.O.M. as I only watched part of the game through a pretty poor streem.  From what I did see, I am pleased but also pissed off. Pleased because for most of what I saw, we well matched those bas**rds and were better than them in parts. In all honesty, two goog goals scored and that's what the result  should have been. 1 - 1. Pissed off as Howard Webb once again showed just how far up Fergusons arse he is. What an awefull decision for the pen. That's when video technology should be used, and if the ref is shown to be bias from his decisions, he should be subbed. Yeah I know, all teams win some and lose some, but video replay would cut it out altogether. Anyway, back on track, good solid performance from the lads. Need to stop conning us now, and keep it going.

Good post mate, video technology would completely cut out diving and wrong calls, but I fear FIFA will never use it. Football will alweays remain behind the times, because of the stubborn people working for FIFA - they simply refuse to change the game.

We did match United in some parts of the field, but not all. I, too, was watching through a crap stream, and even resorted to 5Live to get me through the game. We did lack creativity in the centre of the park, but we weren't there to create, we were there to stifle and frustrate - and hit on the break.

It almost, ALMOST worked.
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010 04:28:48 pm by JD »
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #695: Mar 21, 2010 04:28:27 pm
      Why are people voting for Pepe?
      Just 'cos no one played well enough to deserve it. :P
      Should just scrap the poll today, no one did well enough, I think.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #696: Mar 21, 2010 04:28:51 pm
      not voting for motm but am i seeing things? is kuyt actually one of the players up for motm? please tell me im seeing things because id hate to think there is a liverpool fan deluded enough to think he deserved anybodys vote.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #697: Mar 21, 2010 04:28:52 pm
      We deserved to lose. If you show no ambition to take a win, then you deserve a defeat. Simple as.

They had the beating of our full backs, we're more comitted in challenges, and won the majority of the aerial balls (Yes I know we scored with a header). We scored, and then sat back for the rest of the half, even after they got the pen. Which to me, makes me think that we went there aiming for a draw and that was it. Play like that at OT and you will lose, the mancs are to good not to score at home, and break teams down.

Our fullbacks got skinned regularly, Insua has the worst turn of pace I've seen in a player, but it's been like that all season. Also with their second goal, nobody got tight on Fletcher, the man on the ball is always the danger man, so you go to him. He didn't, Fletcher got a cracking ball in, goal.

Still on Insua, he limited Maxi going forward, because he was always having to track back and protect him. So Insua has cost us in defence and going forward. Not all his fault the result obviously, but once again he looked out of his depth.

We created very little going forward, which again showed our lack of ambition, and by the time Rafa made the changes, the mancs had taken total control of the game IMO. Babel was really trying to get us going, but with no movement there is only so much he could do.

All in all, I'm very dissapointed (again this season) and to be 18points off the mancs, with the season not even over yet...that hurts, and the fact they look very much on course to retain the title. We all know whats needed in the summer, but we all know we won't get it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #698: Mar 21, 2010 04:29:23 pm
      If you're here simply to argue, I suggest dropping it.

I'm not here to argue mate, but when your puppet is goading people I expect him to get the very same talking too, show some consistency or ban my arse like I give two fucks.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #699: Mar 21, 2010 04:30:03 pm

Thought Carra played Rooney very well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #700: Mar 21, 2010 04:30:18 pm

I'm not here to argue mate, but when your puppet is goading people I expect him to get the very same talking too, show some consistency or ban my arse like I give two fucks.

Come on fella, we are all disappointed about the result, lets not all start bitching with each other.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #701: Mar 21, 2010 04:30:23 pm

carra didnt put a foot wrong today
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #702: Mar 21, 2010 04:30:33 pm
      Did anyone check out redcafe and see their reaction??
      Would be jumping up and down, wouldn't they?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #703: Mar 21, 2010 04:31:17 pm

Not bothered what they think to be honest, bunch of fickle tw*ts.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #704: Mar 21, 2010 04:31:24 pm

Doesn't matter what they say - even if they make any final - that will have been the biggest game of their season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #705: Mar 21, 2010 04:31:28 pm
      Ferguson sat on his arse for most of the match. No shouting and hollering, didn't look to nervous or worried when we went ahead. He just seemed very calm about everything. As if he new there was no way they were gonna  lose that match. Following Howard Webbs totaly one sided performance, it doesn't need a genius to work out why. I think his off shore bank account need looking into, to check just what his price was. F***ing w**ker.
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010 04:36:53 pm by GERNS »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #706: Mar 21, 2010 04:32:12 pm
      So, why are people voting for Pepe Reina, out of interest?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #707: Mar 21, 2010 04:33:01 pm
      They'll still be singing about us in every game. Couldn't care less what the inbreds think.  I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #708: Mar 21, 2010 04:33:31 pm
      Come on fella, we are all disappointed about the result, lets not all start bitching with each other.

I'm alright mate, but when your being singled out for mereley replying to some one, who's looking to goad, makes a laughing stock of moderation if you ask me.

As for the result, onwards and upwards and to the next game.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #709: Mar 21, 2010 04:34:11 pm
      Howard Webb shows his Man U colours again. Absolute joke he is, any 50/50 decision goes Man U's way. I don't think I can really vote a man of the match because no player was outstanding today. But Insua would certainly be my worst player of the match.

I didn't expect a lot from this game points wise. But I only wish we could of started the game the way we ended it, why wait up until the 80th minute to decide to attack and control the game?

Ahh well, it only makes getting fourth place a lot of work and I don't think it's possible, but we are Liverpool, anything is possible ;)
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #710: Mar 21, 2010 04:34:41 pm
      We were not set up to create

Everyone knew after the thrill of seeing (Torres-Gerrard-Aquilani-Babel-Maxi) start a match it was never gonna happen in this match.

We were not sent out to be creative, so there should be no surprise that we created little.

2 highlights

1. Gerrard to Kuyt, crossed perfectly to Torres and a perfect header.  (first 5 mins)

2. Johnson to gerrard, whipped across the box to Torres who fluffed his lines. (last 5 mins)

and F**k all in between

Outnumbered for most of the match in midfield by (fletcher-carrick-park-rooney) whilst Gerrard sits up off the shoulder of Torres getting no service, from our defensive mids who rarely cross the halfway line.

largely boring game where neither side looked to have much idea going forward, although they possessed the ball more in forward positions, they didnt threaten reinas goal often.

I would never play two defensive mids again, its boring, dull, frustrating, and everything that this football club has never historically been.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #711: Mar 21, 2010 04:34:52 pm
      So, why are people voting for Pepe Reina, out of interest?

The reason i voted for him was because he put in another solid performance and kept up his consistency that has seen him become our best performer this season. There was nothing he could do about the 2 goals, was a good penalty save and unlucky that it fell back to Rooney.

Carra had a good game but still made some sloppy errors, especially in the first half when he was going towards our goal but by the corner flag, letting the ball run and nearly got caught because he didn't check to see where the Manc player was.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #712: Mar 21, 2010 04:35:25 pm
      Something nobody has mentioned is that since United last played we have had two very important games of football - both with a lot of pressure attached.

3 games in the space of 6 days when they had the week off has to have some effect.  And unlike the earlier poster, I don't think we deserved to lose because we didn't go all gung ho.  Even trying to take off my red-tinted glasses, I still believe a draw would have been a fair result.

Quick Reply