Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Transfer action at all??

Read 12529 times
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Re: Transfer action this week?
      Reply #46: Jun 13, 2007 11:44:08 am
      I still think this weeks signing will only be revealed next week ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #47: Jun 13, 2007 11:58:30 am
      I still think this weeks signing will only be revealed next week ;D

Yes but if nothing happens this week, I will not have to change the topic name again  :666:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #48: Jun 13, 2007 02:00:28 pm
      Fed up waiting now  >:(
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #49: Jun 13, 2007 02:03:33 pm

Don't worry Smiggs. By the time we actually do sign someone, you would have already gone past 3000 posts!! :D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #50: Jun 13, 2007 02:10:30 pm
      Don't worry Smiggs. By the time we actually do sign someone, you would have already gone past 3000 posts!! :D

That means we could sign someone tomorrow!! :laughing-smiley-014:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #51: Jun 13, 2007 03:15:44 pm
      That means we could sign someone tomorrow!! :laughing-smiley-014:

:lmao:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #52: Jun 13, 2007 06:40:06 pm
      How do you kick someones ass in Cyberspace - you cheeky buggars !!  ;) ;D ;D ;D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #53: Jun 13, 2007 06:48:41 pm
      Just be patient guys,Spanish ends on Sunday,id expect to see some action after that.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #54: Jun 13, 2007 06:55:32 pm
      Starting to get a bit frustrated. Surely not ALL of our signings are coming from La Liga.

Are we really not going to sign anybody from the Premiership.

Rafa's silence only adds to the intrigue doesn't it? You know he would have come out and said something.  What's everyone's gut instinct?  No money available or are the reds playing it super-cool? If we are interested in Malouda for instance then what are we waiting for exactly?

Truly bizarre..

My personal view is that something is holding the finance up.  I think Hicks and Gillett are having a disagreement.  If we actually miss out on a 'genuine' Liverpool target then I am sure Rafa will have something to say.  As of yet - that hasn't happened.  In fact we don't really know who our targets are do we....
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #55: Jun 14, 2007 07:43:28 am
      Starting to get a bit frustrated. Surely not ALL of our signings are coming from La Liga.

Are we really not going to sign anybody from the Premiership.

Rafa's silence only adds to the intrigue doesn't it? You know he would have come out and said something.  What's everyone's gut instinct?  No money available or are the reds playing it super-cool? If we are interested in Malouda for instance then what are we waiting for exactly?

Truly bizarre..

My personal view is that something is holding the finance up.  I think Hicks and Gillett are having a disagreement.  If we actually miss out on a 'genuine' Liverpool target then I am sure Rafa will have something to say.  As of yet - that hasn't happened.  In fact we don't really know who our targets are do we....

I think the Malouda thing could just be a smokescreen for Silva.

Everyone is getting frustrated mate but lets not panic
      glebe17
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #56: Jun 14, 2007 02:46:25 pm
      If this article on the BBC is true I wouldn't be holding out too much hope for any BIG signings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6751387.stm

Quote from article 'Liverpool were also interested in Bent, but have not been able to compete with the financial firepower on offer at other clubs.'

???  ???  ???

What the hell is going on with this supposed transfer 'ear chest' we keep hearing about.

I'm getting worried.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #57: Jun 14, 2007 09:08:48 pm
      If this article on the BBC is true I wouldn't be holding out too much hope for any BIG signings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6751387.stm

Quote from article 'Liverpool were also interested in Bent, but have not been able to compete with the financial firepower on offer at other clubs.'

???  ???  ???

What the hell is going on with this supposed transfer 'ear chest' we keep hearing about.

I'm getting worried.

Maybe the money's already been spent or earmarked for someone else  ;)
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #58: Jun 14, 2007 09:47:23 pm
      Apparently the Yossi Benayoun deal could be worth £3 million!  F**k me.  Gillett and Hicks must have had a win on the scratchcards.

Feel free to call me a pessimistic b***ard but at the minute we're heading backwards not forwards.  At this rate we will be lucky to qualify for Europe and I'm not messing either.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #59: Jun 14, 2007 09:56:58 pm
      Apparently the Yossi Benayoun deal could be worth £3 million!  fu*k me.  Gillett and Hicks must have had a win on the scratchcards.

Feel free to call me a pessimistic b***ard but at the minute we're heading backwards not forwards.  At this rate we will be lucky to qualify for Europe and I'm not messing either.

Fully agree Jabba. This would be a backward step as far as I'm concerned. Spending £3M on Benayoun would be a complete waste as I feel that the players already at the club can do a better job than him. If Rafa's budget isn't as big as expected, which I am still not sure is the case, then he sholud be using all money available to get the top class players we need. In saying that I don't really think that we will sign players of this standard as I feel the media are just hyping up the situation at the club at the minute. I will not believe any transfer rumour until the player has actually signed for the club .
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: Jun 14, 2007 10:12:27 pm
      Well we should all know Rafa by now, he will take his time and will not be pushed around by anyone, I'm as keen as anyone for him to make a big signing, but he will know that the fans are getting impatient.
      I have complete trust in him to come up with the goods, please Rafa don't let me down!!!

Roll on the new season, and I have complete confidence we will see some familiar faces  ;)
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 15, 2007 11:08:16 am
      I cant take this suspense anymore! I check all the news averyday to see who we are gonna sign. Its driving me nuts.
      Im just gonna have a constant supply of sleeping pill dripped into my bloodstream and wake up next month to see who we signed
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #62: Jun 15, 2007 10:49:58 pm
      What a week!!!!  That was definitely worth waiting for.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #63: Jun 16, 2007 01:38:56 am
      What a week!!!!  That was definitely worth waiting for.

:lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #64: Jun 20, 2007 07:42:21 pm
      Maybe next week ay ladies and gentlemen?

I'm looking forward to some signings but I'd rather wait a few weeks for brilliant signings than lots of rushed sh*te! I'm sure everyone else must agree with that!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #65: Jun 20, 2007 09:22:15 pm
      Pre Season training starts in about 3 or 4 weeks or so.

Might be a bit F***ing useful to have some new players for it. In other words, not like Kuyt last season turning up a couple of games in.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #66: Jun 20, 2007 10:02:52 pm
      i think tevez is definetley the way to go.  he as proved himself in the premier league, where eto'o, torres, villa etc haven't.  the premiership is a completely different style to the continent.  high profile continental players have a history of struggling in england.  anyone remember how forlan, kluivert, kezman, shevchenko etc etc set the premiership alight??
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #67: Jun 21, 2007 04:55:40 am
      I think tevez is definetley the way to go.  he as proved himself in the premier league, where eto'o, torres, villa etc haven't.  the premiership is a completely different style to the continent.  high profile continental players have a history of struggling in england.  anyone remember how forlan, kluivert, kezman, shevchenko etc etc set the premiership alight??

forlan wasnt actually that bad....kluivert had past his peak....shevchenko i believe has had his time as well (only transferred to chelsea for the money anyway) and kezman didnt do that bad either....i would only say that shevchenko has struggled....
      i believe torres is the way to go...
      and you cant say that villa, torres and eto'o havnt proved themselves.......what sort of a dumb comment is that? they've proved themselves for their country and in their respective league's....
      and obviously they havnt proved themselves in the EPL, coz they havnt played in it.... stupid comment based on assumption and no facts
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #68: Jun 21, 2007 07:09:20 am
      forlan wasnt actually that bad....kluivert had past his peak....shevchenko I believe has had his time as well (only transferred to chelsea for the money anyway) and kezman didnt do that bad either....I would only say that shevchenko has struggled....
      I believe torres is the way to go...
      and you cant say that villa, torres and eto'o havnt proved themselves.......what sort of a dumb comment is that? they've proved themselves for their country and in their respective league's....
      and obviously they havnt proved themselves in the EPL, coz they havnt played in it.... stupid comment based on assumption and no facts

good comment mate!! tevez have proved himself but u can' t judge eto'o and also villa cause they haven't play in the EPL. wonder if Ard Mhacha Red  did make his homework before wrote that stuff..  ??? see barbatov, not struggling in EPL ight?it depends on player to fit in the team and the system. just take example drogba, last season he didn;t make his mark but this season he is explosive. >:D

Quick Reply