Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Why do you think Rafa is not playing aquilani from start more often?

Read 6789 times
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Why do you think Rafa is not playing aquilani from start more often?
      Reply #23: Mar 29, 2010 05:04:34 pm
      Rafa has obviously bought Alberto looking to the future of the club and i have to admit it took big balls to buy an injured player ,and as has already been said it's the money thing isn't it? he plays we pays!  still at least it's not like Owen Hargreaves  :lmao:
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #24: Mar 29, 2010 05:41:42 pm
      - 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

That's the reason why we're deliberately not winning the EPL or CL, to aviod playing out a million Euros :D

We'd piss it if we didn't have to fork that cash out ;D
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #25: Mar 29, 2010 05:42:28 pm
      Proabably because he's sh*t when he comes on in games.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: Mar 29, 2010 06:13:52 pm
      Unless Rafa has been told this will directly affect his transfer kitty, then he shouldn't even be thinking about the financial matters.
      DecLFC23
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #27: Mar 29, 2010 06:27:07 pm
      yeah i agree, I dont think rafa would worry too much about finance! He has spent feck-loads of money on useless players. I think Rafa is just too cautious. I actually think he should drop Stevie G back to center mid and let Aquilani play off torres. Hes a very attacking player and Stevie gets stuck in and drives more when he plays deeper!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28: Mar 29, 2010 06:33:17 pm
      yeah I agree, I dont think rafa would worry too much about finance! He has spent feck-loads of money on useless players. I think Rafa is just too cautious. I actually think he should drop Stevie G back to center mid and let Aquilani play off torres. Hes a very attacking player and Stevie gets stuck in and drives more when he plays deeper!
      Centre Midfield is definitely Gerrard's best position.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #29: Mar 30, 2010 12:51:38 pm
      As others have said, I think he is being very cautious with him this season - letting him settle in.

Next season we *hopefully* will see a fully fit Aquiliani unleashed on the premiership.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #30: Mar 30, 2010 01:43:52 pm
      Rafa I believe wants hiim to become fully fit and confident with playing injury free. He's had a lot of injuries in career so far. I think Rafa wants him to get that confidence in playing without any niggling injuries, so he's being very cautious with him. Next year Aquilani will be unleashed on the league, and they won't know what hit them. The longer he stays without any injuries the better and more confident he is about it. Rafa signed him for 5 years I believe, this is the get over the hill year. Plus, it doesn't go well for him to be playing when we were struggling, now we are seeing more of him since the rise in our game. Kinda highlights what Rafa is trying to do with him.

I think your spot on there mate.. anyone who has had serious injuries needs correct time to recover, In a game where he is gonna be crunched at every opportunity, its madness to start him! all this talk of money sounds a bit far fetched to me, as Rafa stated we signed him for five seasons, next season we will see much more of him that's for sure.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2010 01:46:48 pm by crouchinho »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #31: Mar 30, 2010 01:46:21 pm
      I have a feeling that he wants to prove people wrong that Aquilani is not the 'messiah' of Liverpool's bad season.

He may be criticised for spending 20 million quid on him and not play him but I'm sure Rafa knows what he's doing.

If Aquilani plays and we still play crap, people will start jumping on the wagon and say 'Aquilani is a flop'.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #32: Mar 30, 2010 02:11:40 pm
      The 20 million EURO transfer fee is broken up into the following:

- 4 cash instalments of
      - - 5 million EURO upfront
      - - 3 million EURO by 4th January 2010
      - - 7 million EURO by June 30th 2010
      - - 5 million EURO by June 30th 2011.

Further Add ons include:

- 300,000 EURO for every year Liverpool qualify for the Champions League from 2010/11 to 2014/15

- 250,000 EURO everytime the player reaches 35 appearancs, 70 appearances, 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

- 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.
      - 5% of any future transfer fee will be paid to Roma.

Details can be found here (for those fluent in Italian) - http://www.asroma.it/UserFiles/988.pdf

Going by that logic,we wont be winning PL or CL before 2014.That's sad.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #33: Mar 30, 2010 02:36:35 pm

- 250,000 EURO everytime the player reaches 35 appearancs, 70 appearances, 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

So what we are deriving from this is that Rafa is not playing Aquilani because the great Liverpool football club cannot afford 250,000 euros???? Are we ****ing serious?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #34: Mar 30, 2010 02:37:51 pm
      what?
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #35: Mar 30, 2010 02:39:55 pm
      Aqualini will play more games, this season Rafa is starting to use him more as the season has moved on, he has shown what he can do, I think he's a terrific player, who will next season be more involved from the beginning of the season. It must be difficult to come to a new league, let alone one where you have to have strength and power as much as guile and pace. I do not know why he is being written off so soon by so many, there is a history of foreign players taking up to a season to adjust and some, like Nani up the road took 3 years, so don't write him off just yet.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2010 02:43:17 pm

Going by that logic,we wont be winning PL or CL before 2014.That's sad.

Hopefully those two lying tw*ts will be gone well before that.

Unless Rafa has been told this will directly affect his transfer kitty, then he shouldn't even be thinking about the financial matters.

He probably has been told that then. Apparently renewing contracts does so I don't see why not?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #37: Mar 30, 2010 04:22:17 pm

It's ok I thought exactly the same, I hoping he isn't that clueless and was taking the piss!
      chris the red
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 05, 2010 11:23:07 am
      I dont have a clue why he isn't playing aquilani from start!!! He is a great player. Its another mistake from rafa. He was bought for £20 million and has only started a few match's :(
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #39: Apr 05, 2010 11:55:50 am
      And have you considered Aquilani salary of 65k times 8 months he's been here means we're forking out 2M just for his salary alone.

Smart move by Rafa! Securing him early on and paying for his salary, and oh... btw... we're F***ing saving the 300K! YAY!

Some math!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #40: Apr 05, 2010 05:35:52 pm
      And have you considered Aquilani salary of 65k times 8 months he's been here means we're forking out 2M just for his salary alone.

Smart move by Rafa! Securing him early on and paying for his salary, and oh... btw... we're F***ing saving the 300K! YAY!

Some maths!

Try using the plural, we're not the 51st state yet!!

Quick Reply