Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Is Rafa a little miffed with our Italian stallion ?

Read 12170 times
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Re: Is Rafa a little miffed with our Italian stallion ?
      Reply #46: Apr 04, 2010 08:13:04 pm
      The F**k you guys on? I want some

Do you think the press got the 20M out of thin air, Instalment "IS" the price you pay. Just because you install it doesn't mean you do not have to pay them in future.

And if it is indeed performance based some of it, there's no point buying him, paid his thousands K plus salary just for him to sit comfortably in the medical room, if you can't afford to pay for his performance, might as well don't buy him

PS: Owen does not fit, off course he's not you fit to be the first squad selection of the mighty Liverpool FC you mong, but as a back up he'll do just fine compared to wht we hav at the moment, and "HE'S ON A PAY AS YOU PLAY TERMS WITH THE MANCS" so, don't tell me we can't afford him. Gourcuff was available for loan a year ago, fact is he's on loan to Bordeaux, Rafa could have loan him back then, or find other players on loan. The fact is that he does not even try to land these players who are available on loan, riskless, and honestly we're not in the position to play the pride card in loaning a good player.

I can't believe you can defend Rafa even now after 1-1 with Birmingham with 1 shots on goal on what would have been win all 5 and still hoping for others to slip and that? The sh*t on a stick? He changes the winning team, AGAIN! You can change them if you can still win it, but if you don't it'll only make you look stupid.

If he wants to sign Aquilani for 5 years, why paying them now, buy him 1 year from now... at this point we're wasting like 8 months of Aquilani salary (60K / week x 32 weeks = 1.8 M pounds goes down the F***ing drain)

Oh ... don't tell me that his pay was on installment

Riera -> sold for 6M (reportedly if succesful) bought for 8M, 2M loss + 2 years paycheck of let's say 35k / week x 104 = 3.5M that's 5M loss. No, i'm not quoting out of thin air, go get your financial literacy exam. Not to mention the opportunity cost of not having the player when you need them.

Some of you really need to reconsider your rafa defending, wheeling and dealing... he's wasting hundreds on thousands on salary for players he'll not going to play for one stupid reason or the other (physical game, not playing well so not gonna work, Kuyt above all else, 2 DM, the game was played with long ball so playing an on the ground ball player was not going to be effective) yes... I'm talking about Aquilani.

In regard to Torres being subs in the 60min marks.... He's not even fit to start with, he's always rushed back to games from injury because our other back up striker is not even fit enough to polish Torres' boots, you expect him to get fit playing every game week in week out like Rafa's life depends on it? And start next season people claiming we can win the title if Torres was fit.... Mark my word... the way he's being played alone and no rotation he will never get a full season flight... not without anything sort of miracle, you want to bet on miracle to happen?

I can accept fearing to lose on a big european night where away goals can be fatal and it's a chessgame of patience, but "F***ing correct me if i'm wrong" WE HAVE NOTHING, NOTHING TO LOSE in the league, a draw would definetely costs us the 4th... so it's a win or die... and still he plays that sh*t on a stick.

AGENDA? My only agenda is venting my frustration on the forum, and by god even on this forum I got called a Mancshite, sh*t stirring wind up vending machine, while you guys are so blinkered by the rose tinted glass perhaps you'd eat a cow's dunk if rafa told you it was chocolate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Apr 04, 2010 08:16:55 pm

I've only got one thing to say to all that sh*te.

Bollocks.

Oh and "F**k You", you said you wanted some ;D
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #48: Apr 04, 2010 08:22:11 pm
      I've only got one thing to say to all that sh*te.

Bollocks.

Oh and "F**k You", you said you wanted some ;D

WHich part of it is bollocks?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Apr 04, 2010 08:27:24 pm
      The F**k you guys on? I want some

Do you think the press got the 20M out of thin air, Instalment "IS" the price you pay. Just because you install it doesn't mean you do not have to pay them in future.

And if it is indeed performance based some of it, there's no point buying him, paid his thousands K plus salary just for him to sit comfortably in the medical room, if you can't afford to pay for his performance, might as well don't buy him

PS: Owen does not fit, off course he's not you fit to be the first squad selection of the mighty Liverpool FC you mong, but as a back up he'll do just fine compared to wht we hav at the moment, and "HE'S ON A PAY AS YOU PLAY TERMS WITH THE MANCS" so, don't tell me we can't afford him. Gourcuff was available for loan a year ago, fact is he's on loan to Bordeaux, Rafa could have loan him back then, or find other players on loan. The fact is that he does not even try to land these players who are available on loan, riskless, and honestly we're not in the position to play the pride card in loaning a good player.

I can't believe you can defend Rafa even now after 1-1 with Birmingham with 1 shots on goal on what would have been win all 5 and still hoping for others to slip and that? The sh*t on a stick? He changes the winning team, AGAIN! You can change them if you can still win it, but if you don't it'll only make you look stupid.

If he wants to sign Aquilani for 5 years, why paying them now, buy him 1 year from now... at this point we're wasting like 8 months of Aquilani salary (60K / week x 32 weeks = 1.8 M pounds goes down the F***ing drain)

Oh ... don't tell me that his pay was on installment

Riera -> sold for 6M (reportedly if succesful) bought for 8M, 2M loss + 2 years paycheck of let's say 35k / week x 104 = 3.5M that's 5M loss. No, i'm not quoting out of thin air, go get your financial literacy exam. Not to mention the opportunity cost of not having the player when you need them.

Some of you really need to reconsider your rafa defending, wheeling and dealing... he's wasting hundreds on thousands on salary for players he'll not going to play for one stupid reason or the other (physical game, not playing well so not gonna work, Kuyt above all else, 2 DM, the game was played with long ball so playing an on the ground ball player was not going to be effective) yes... I'm talking about Aquilani.

In regard to Torres being subs in the 60min marks.... He's not even fit to start with, he's always rushed back to games from injury because our other back up striker is not even fit enough to polish Torres' boots, you expect him to get fit playing every game week in week out like Rafa's life depends on it? And start next season people claiming we can win the title if Torres was fit.... Mark my word... the way he's being played alone and no rotation he will never get a full season flight... not without anything sort of miracle, you want to bet on miracle to happen?

I can accept fearing to lose on a big european night where away goals can be fatal and it's a chessgame of patience, but "F***ing correct me if i'm wrong" WE HAVE NOTHING, NOTHING TO LOSE in the league, a draw would definetely costs us the 4th... so it's a win or die... and still he plays that sh*t on a stick.

AGENDA? My only agenda is venting my frustration on the forum, and by god even on this forum I got called a Mancshite, sh*t stirring wind up vending machine, while you guys are so blinkered by the rose tinted glass perhaps you'd eat a cow's dunk if rafa told you it was chocolate.

All that and Owen is the saviour is he? Laughable.

Gourcuff wanted a loan back to France because he wasn't settling in at Milan/Italy.

It's cost us 75m to transform the squad of Houllier's to the one we have now. Kinda decent effort, eh?

And he does try to land these players. He tried to get Van Nistelrooy and Pavlyuchenko but couldn't even afford them on loan! He was trying his arse off to get RVN and couldn't afford his massive 3m asking price even after raising 6m in the same window and we only got Maxi on a free.

Your a frustrated being, but venting on a manager who has worked his bollocks off for us, got us to where are and built mine and yours expectations to potential title challengers isn't making things any easier.

Rafa's good. Damn good.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #50: Apr 04, 2010 08:28:32 pm
      Gourcuff sealed his transfer to Bordeaux this season after a loan from AC Milan. They loan him in, buy him and then loan him out. 'Year...right...' eh?

Your complaining about injury prone, and then slate Rafa for not buying an injury prone striker in Owen? Come on.

With Alonso, we were letting a deep lying playmaker go. Name me one of Real's midfield who would be fit enough to clean his boots from that position? You may mention Sneijder and drop Gerrard back as many have called for this season but you'd be branded a lunatic if you mentioned splitting Gerrard and Torres after their previous two seasons. It's only been through Aquilani's fitness (stamina on the pitch and injuries off the pitch) that it has been mooted.

Hey, I'm not European top coach, I don't know who's available for loan.

But Gourcuff was available for loan back then, and if he even plays for the likes of Bordeaux, surely LFC might appeal to him?

Owen is injury prone, but he's on a pay as you play most of his salary, surely another backup striker for FREE is good? No?

Voronin was free and sold for a few quid profit , but do you consider the wasted time and resources paying his salary for 1 year?

I don't care if SG-Torres "WAS" the best partnership in history of mankind, the fact that they "WERE" and one thing for another "NOW" it's not working so I don't think it's heretic to change, he was after all a tactical genious.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Apr 04, 2010 08:28:40 pm

The beginning the middle and the end.

I could if I had time, sit and produce the facts to you, but I have more important things to be getting on with...

But Just as an example when you go on about wages...............

Every club pays wages for players, whether they are fit, injured what ever.

So he's wasted money paying Torres and Gerrards wages this season whilst they have been injured, perhaps Benayouns, Maybe Aggers ?

Seriously mate, Rafa Benitez is not the problem, if you know anything about this club, the lack of investment from our owners is crippling us.

We made a 13 million transfer profit this year without taking the missing monies from Robbie Keanes transfer add that to your 13 million that would have bought David Villa, Maybe Silva and Mata.

So think about what your saying.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Apr 04, 2010 08:30:06 pm

High on life baby, high on life.

You just have no real idea do you? And no, not calling you a 'sh*t stirring wind up vending machine' i just really think you have not grasped the concept about our club and the way the whole system works here! The whole of your post really is just sh*t, pure bull.

Yes, we understand that even installments mean that you will pay all of it eventually. Think we are that stupid? But, the thing is we get to pay it over a couple years rather than all at once, which we probably could not afford. You get why the installments issue is relevant then?

Owen. Why are you still thinking about that? He was back up for the mancs as well, and yet he is still out for the season and blown his last chance for a world cup. Non-issue that, no-one here cares.

As for Gourcuff. Did you even read our posts? He was available for loan at the beginning of LAST season, yes, 08/09. He was surplus at Milan, hardly the type we were looking for, nor was anyone else. He had a brilliant season at Bordeaux and thus was signed permanently. We never had a chance at him really with our financial situation at where it is now. So using that is stupid.

Basically all of it, i kinda stopped reading after awhile though.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #53: Apr 04, 2010 08:30:28 pm
      IMHO  bringing Aquilani on for just 9 minutes today was Rafa taking the piss.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #54: Apr 04, 2010 08:31:32 pm
      IMHO  bringing Aquilani on for just 9 minutes today was Rafa taking the piss.

Wow, yeah he brought him on saying "I am going to take the piss, good plan no?"

:roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Apr 04, 2010 08:34:38 pm

Well there's something we agree with.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #56: Apr 04, 2010 08:34:48 pm
      All that and Owen is the saviour is he? Laughable.

Gourcuff wanted a loan back to France because he wasn't settling in at Milan/Italy.

It's cost us 75m to transform the squad of Houllier's to the one we have now. Kinda decent effort, eh?

And he does try to land these players. He tried to get Van Nistelrooy and Pavlyuchenko but couldn't even afford them on loan! He was trying his arse off to get RVN and couldn't afford his massive 3m asking price even after raising 6m in the same window and we only got Maxi on a free.

Your a frustrated being, but venting on a manager who has worked his bollocks off for us, got us to where are and built mine and yours expectations to potential title challengers isn't making things any easier.

Rafa's good. Damn good.

Yeah, and you know what.. he can't afford that 3M, or have to beg on the street for 2M to buy Sotos....

But hey... guess what, he spunked 18M for Johnson and 20M for Aquilani (INSTALLMENT yes I know)

Surely he can tell Portsmouth to F**k off and demand cash rather than blackmailed for 18M, even Evra doesn't cost that much.

20M for Aquilani, hindsight wise, I'd rather have a fit RvN thena crock Aquilani, and he cost 1/7 of Aquilani (I believe we can install the 3M as well since we're holding Alonso's ransom)

Rafa's good, but I really fear he's too stubborn to know that he's in deeper sh*t than he might think, and unless he started to acknowledge something in him need to change (he can change it to better, he just have to want to) I fear for next year.

Do you think next year Rafa's mentality will change? His persistence with Kuyt and Lucas will change? Gerrard is getting a year older, so does soto and cara. Do you think he will have millions to burn? Do you think new owner will come (I do hope but i don't bet on it).

So... if he doesn't even change now, what makes you think next year is going to be 180 degree?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Apr 04, 2010 08:38:51 pm
      Do you think next year Rafa's mentality will change? His persistence with Kuyt and Lucas will change? Gerrard is getting a year older, so does soto and cara. Do you think he will have millions to burn? Do you think new owner will come (I do hope but i don't bet on it).

And there you have it. You have shot down every single one of your arguments with that last sentence.

You want superstars in this side? No F***ing chance anymore are coming with the Yanks.

Rafa is held out in public by the owners, flogged by fans, media pundits, journos and is expected to accept all scrutiny.

In conclusion, Rafa has signed Aquilani prematurely but a 30m player on an installment deal is too good to pass up in his opinion and fair enough.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #58: Apr 04, 2010 08:39:20 pm

20M for Aquilani, hindsight wise, I'd rather have a fit RvN thena crock Aquilani, and he cost 1/7 of Aquilani (I believe we can install the 3M as well since we're holding Alonso's ransom)

Well that shows why your not a top european coach considering Ruud Van Nostrilboy, is a striker and Aquilani is a midfielder, Rafa sold a midfielder and needed to replace him simples.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #59: Apr 04, 2010 08:43:00 pm
      The beginning the middle and the end.

I could if I had time, sit and produce the facts to you, but I have more important things to be getting on with...

But Just as an example when you go on about wages...............

Every club pays wages for players, whether they are fit, injured what ever.

So he's wasted money paying Torres and Gerrards wages this season whilst they have been injured, perhaps Benayouns, Maybe Aggers ?

Seriously mate, Rafa Benitez is not the problem, if you know anything about this club, the lack of investment from our owners is crippling us.

We made a 13 million transfer profit this year without taking the missing monies from Robbie Keanes transfer add that to your 13 million that would have bought David Villa, Maybe Silva and Mata.

So think about what your saying.

There is a difference in stumping wages for Steven Gerrard and stumping wages for player's bought but not good enough to play / not played.

Rafa is not the only problem, but so does the 2 leechers there are not our only problem.

I can accept graciously if due to the non existent investment we failed to win the EPL, or merely finishing 4th, I graciously accepts it, no grudges but praise for Rafa.

But this passionless, clueless, and not once but season long performance is not because of investment. This is what frustrated the hell out of me. Not even the passion was there.

Investment after last year should be the key to winning the EPL (thought so last year), but to stump this low and we're not even clawing back up just because of it???

AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #60: Apr 04, 2010 08:43:43 pm
      Well that shows why your not a top european coach considering Ruud Van Nostrilboy, is a striker and Aquilani is a midfielder, Rafa sold a midfielder and needed to replace him simples.

Well.. guess what? Today exactly today... the midfielder he bought is not playing, and the striker he need is not there.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #61: Apr 04, 2010 08:46:43 pm
      And there you have it. You have shot down every single one of your arguments with that last sentence.

You want superstars in this side? No f**king chance anymore are coming with the Yanks.

Rafa is held out in public by the owners, flogged by fans, media pundits, journos and is expected to accept all scrutiny.

In conclusion, Rafa has signed Aquilani prematurely but a 30m player on an installment deal is too good to pass up in his opinion and fair enough.

Only Rafa can safe himself now. He can change for the better...

I'm not saying I know more than him, but I know one thing... this is not working, unless he changes something be it perception, approach, management skill etc, he's getting nowhere.

I don't mind we losing if the changes are there, at least it shows Rafa's trying.... but after last week good performance, he goes back to containement tactics again.... sigh.... sigh... sigh...

We got absolutely nothing to lose, what are you fearing to lose for..... :(

/i literally cried while punching my hands in the wall due to extreme amount of frustration.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #62: Apr 04, 2010 08:47:55 pm
      He played today and seemed fine so I don't know WTF is going at the club, too many stories, too many conspiracies going on in the background.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #63: Apr 04, 2010 08:49:39 pm
      When a manc friend of mine actually "started to stop laughing and having a pity on rafa"

I know that's not good.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #64: Apr 04, 2010 09:51:39 pm
      When a manc friend of mine actually "started to stop laughing and having a pity on rafa"

I know that's not good.
      Maybe that's your problem paying too much attention to your manc mates.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #65: Apr 04, 2010 10:00:16 pm

I know that's not good.

My manc mate started saying Rafa should be sacked 3-4 years ago - and also, they are mancs. Always take what they so with not to much worry.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #66: Apr 04, 2010 10:05:17 pm
      Maybe that's your problem paying too much attention to your manc mates.

:lmao:

My manc mate started saying Rafa should be sacked 3-4 years ago

I'd have loved Ferguson to have been sacked back in the day too. Where would they be without all that continuity eh?

Also, can we please stop giving the topic in question the wide one? Gracias. ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #67: Apr 04, 2010 10:07:19 pm
      My manc mate started saying Rafa should be sacked 3-4 years ago - and also, they are mancs. Always take what they so with not to much worry.
      The mancs wanted him fu**ed off in 2005 that's what their opinion is worth.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #68: Apr 05, 2010 05:01:37 am
      The mancs wanted him fu**ed off in 2005 that's what their opinion is worth.

Yeah, and they were wrong.

Guess what, now they are a firm supporter of KRAP - Keep Rafa at Pool.

Quick Reply