Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Travelling to the game tonight.

Read 2360 times
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 138 posts |
      Travelling to the game tonight.
      Apr 29, 2010 11:45:50 am
      Hi peeps,
      I've searched on here to no avail trying to finding the answers to this thread but haven't had any luck. I've been to a few mid week games this year but have always struggled getting the right route, missing traffic and finding a parking space.

I'm leaving Leeds tonight at 4:30pm, is there a better route to take than following the 62 right into Liverpool then turning off round the ringroad, it's a nightmare at that time cueing to get off the m62.

Also, where is the best place to park I normally get into stanley park car park but don't have access tonight, please help...I have been told there is a school on Uttling Ave!? First Euro game, can't wait :-)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Travelling to the game tonight.
      Reply #1: Apr 29, 2010 12:36:14 pm
      I think I've been up to a game on the M62 a couple of times. Don't think there was too much queuing in my experiences. There is another route but I can't quite remember it at the moment (I'm rubbish with motorways). You should be OK setting off at 4:30 though.

As for parking, I'm not too sure mate. I've only ever been driven up by my mates Dad and he pays yearly for parking at a petty station over from Stanley Park.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Apr 29, 2010 12:48:27 pm
      you can shoot up the M57 and jump off at junction 4 and come in on the east lancs road, its probably a quicker going to Utting Avenue that way than staying on the M62.

skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 138 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 29, 2010 01:07:40 pm
      that's what I was thinking, coming off the 62 at j6 and following the 57 round to East lancs rd. You both think i will be ok getting parked at 7?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #4: Apr 29, 2010 01:29:02 pm
      I don't park around there myself as I normally park around the lower breck road, not sure what its like around seven. If you cant get parked there is a Asda store on Utting Avenue just the other side of Queens drive, which is just over a mile to walk.
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 138 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2010 03:20:28 pm
      sweet, will check that out
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2010 04:05:16 pm
      you can shoot up the M57 and jump off at junction 4 and come in on the east lancs road, its probably a quicker going to Utting Avenue that way than staying on the M62.
      I'd probably go that way if I was arriving from the east of the city.

Quick Reply