Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hicks & Gillett

Read 227611 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: GG IN The money will we see any of it
      Reply #1058: Dec 02, 2009 09:12:06 pm
      Could get us Silva at least!!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1059: Dec 02, 2009 09:29:00 pm
      Stick it up there stars ans stripped arse
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #1060: Dec 02, 2009 09:45:48 pm
      We will never see a single penny. Sell Liverpool too and start a queer bar with Tom in Waco Texas or something. I hate you George !! And i hate you Tom !!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1061: Dec 02, 2009 09:48:40 pm
      I'll say this, this will be a good opportunity for Gillett to show us something.
      Fair point. Half the world knows he's had this money now so it's the perfect chance for him to show how interested he really is. If we see none of it then that's a pretty clear message to the fans.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1062: Dec 02, 2009 10:12:21 pm
      Fair point. Half the world knows he's had this money now so it's the perfect chance for him to show how interested he really is. If we see none of it then that's a pretty clear message to the fans.
      It will be loud and clear
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1063: Dec 03, 2009 12:38:44 am
      This is fraud.

You strap a club with debts and try to run it aground. Yet you rake in millions from other projects. The banks should do something to force payment off of his huge windfall.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #1064: Dec 03, 2009 01:02:21 am
      Agree we won't see a 'cent'  - he's got other priorities I'm sure..unless the banks force him to reduce the debt of course!? 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1065: Dec 03, 2009 01:25:08 am
      Well they were looking for 100 million of investment for January, so they were saying. George you old senile b***ard check your back pocket, you f**king window licking spazmoid. :D

What if he threw 300 million at the club, would you all still think he's a c**t ?

I would as I'd know he'd only be doing for his own best interests and not that of the club, I hate the pair of cu*ts...Yanks Out .
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1066: Dec 03, 2009 03:52:42 am
      Yes I still would think he is a c**t if he threw some money our way.

Their lies have hurt the clubs staff, players and fans deeply. If they were to throw some loose change our way this should not pepper over that they are two clueless tw*ts, but I wont be holding my breath for that loose change either.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #1067: Dec 03, 2009 06:29:12 am
      You've got more chance of seeing that money as me finding a lesser spotted DODO!..Right in the a**e pocket folks I kid you not.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1068: Dec 03, 2009 08:51:35 am
      Rafa wont see it as its being kept warm for Klinsmann apparently.... :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1069: Dec 03, 2009 10:30:10 am
      Rafa wont see it as its being kept warm for Klinsmann apparently.... :-\
      Klinsmann is quoted as saying that he is now open to an approach involving LFC after his previous refusal to take the job???

Am I missing something here? as we are all aware there was a rumour that Klinsmann had been contacted by Gillett but no details were forthcoming and F***ing uproar ensued. Whereupon Gillett crawled back in his lair and no more was heard.

Now the dust has settled and he is set to cop for a few million after selling a franchise Gillett sees' the opportunity to piss on us once again and it looks like his preferred manager has been contacted again albeit with a different but just as deceitful game plan.

The snake in the grass is persistent and between the two owners it looks as though he is the more dangerous and merits the more attention.   
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1070: Dec 03, 2009 10:57:08 am
      The snake in the grass is persistent and between the two owners it looks as though he is the more dangerous and merits the more attention.   

To be honest mate I think if it came down to investing 20 million of his own fortune to sack Rafa then invest further monies on the appointment of Klinsman and invest further money so Klinsman had money to spend Gillet would do the lesser of two evils that would impact his own pocket and that would be just to give Rafa the money.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #1071: Dec 03, 2009 11:19:52 am
      Stinks of the media stirring again, to be honest
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1072: Dec 03, 2009 12:39:35 pm
      To be honest mate I think if it came down to investing 20 million of his own fortune to sack Rafa then invest further monies on the appointment of Klinsman and invest further money so Klinsman had money to spend Gillet would do the lesser of two evils that would impact his own pocket and that would be just to give Rafa the money.
      That's all that's holding him back mate....it puzzles me as to how he's made millions yet his judgement is so flawed with everything involving LFC. He only gets his hand in his pocket,I'll rephrase that only borrows money when the situation becomes dire he must see the way other clubs carry on and realise that spending and success go hand in hand,It seems he's sitting tight until it turns around and he can get a better price for his holding.
      It all points to a lack of commitment and we know he's not completely F***ing stupid so why doesn't he throw his hand in and just F**k off this could enable somebody to take the reigns who has the clubs interest at heart and not their own self seeking interest. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2009 01:17:26 pm by stuey »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1073: Dec 03, 2009 12:58:57 pm
      That's all that's holding him back mate....it puzzles me as to how he's made millions yet his judgement is so flawed with everything involving LFC. He only gets his hand in his pocket,I'll rephrase that only borrows money when the situation becomes dire he must see the way other clubs carry on and realise that spending and success go hand in hand.
      It all points to a lack of committment and we know he's not completely f**king stupid so why doesn't he throw his hand in and just f**k off.

The time has come for him to show he has the best interests of the club at heart, if he was to invest say 100 million of his own money and Hicks was to follow suit and invest the same, ideally on transfers and getting a start on the new stadium it would go a long way to righting the wrongs that they have done.

Now I don't think for one moment they would do it for any other reason than to turn a profit in the long run, but surely they must see to get a decent return on their investment they have to speculate to accumulate & the best way to accumulate is to be pro active in the transfer market to ensure we are winning things and having a stadium with a capacity that rivals our competitors and increases revenue.

If both Hicks and Gillet do not invest in the club now, as I've always felt it was Gillet that held Hicks back to some degree r.e Money, then it shows these two clowns for what they really are and then every effort should be made to get rid off them as soon as possible as they are clearly demonstrating they do not see investing in Liverpool FC with anything  other than borrowed money.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #1074: Dec 03, 2009 01:52:07 pm
      these two did not amase the fortunes and assets they hold by worrying what others will think of them. They are both shrewd businessmen who are always one step ahead of the game. gillett already knows what he is going to do with the money and one thing is certain he will ignore all the vitriol heading his way and do what is best for him. there is no evidence of altruism in his character just coldhrd business logic.

Hurling abuse at him and TH makes us all feel better but it wont make the slightlest difference to him as he has handlers and sycophants to shield him and tell him how fantastic he is

i would love to see some of the money but until it is sitting in an LFC account I am assuming it isnt there.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1075: Dec 03, 2009 02:08:55 pm
      Well well, This is very interesting news, Lets see then how committed GG is then, With the Jan window on the horizon he has no excuses if Rafa thru Purslow requests some serious dollar to go  for some top notch players, 1st target David Silva, Followed by maybe Aguero or Villa, I would even put a bid in for Iniesta or Xabi from Barca, Only then would i start to believe GG had LFC at heart and was investing properly, Someone once said....' Pigs will fly'... Somebody else said...'they're will never be a black president of the United States'.... What happened 100 days after Barack Obama's innaugeration....'Swine flu'.

Get your cheque book out George!!

YNWA   IRWT

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1076: Dec 03, 2009 02:17:13 pm
      these two did not amase the fortunes and assets they hold by worrying what others will think of them. They are both shrewd businessmen who are always one step ahead of the game. gillett already knows what he is going to do with the money and one thing is certain he will ignore all the vitriol heading his way and do what is best for him. there is no evidence of altruism in his character just coldhrd business logic.

Hurling abuse at him and TH makes us all feel better but it wont make the slightlest difference to him as he has handlers and sycophants to shield him and tell him how fantastic he is

i would love to see some of the money but until it is sitting in an LFC account I am assuming it isnt there.
      This is the cold hard truth and the man does not have to even bother with the obligatory sycophant or two the material and emotional distance between him and LFC will suffice, only a cataclysmic run on the markets would provoke a reaction from Gillett he cares not a jot for anything else much less emotion which is and always has been a vital ingredient in the LFC structure.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 438 posts |
      Reply #1077: Dec 04, 2009 01:24:06 pm
      Going by the status at Liverpool, he might not actually see any of that himself as he most likely has loans against them. 

I'm not convinced that he would actually pump ANY of his own money into our club or any other club he may own.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #1078: Dec 04, 2009 02:36:09 pm
      It says that he
      paid $275m for the team and the Bell Centre arena in 2001, but is understood to have sealed a $575m deal
      but just out of interest, does anyone know how much he invested in them during that period and/or whether he took loans out against them?
      It's possible that he actually came away with very little.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1079: Dec 05, 2009 09:22:01 am
      According to this article here, $140 million was a loan, so he put in $120 in cash, approximately.

To think he sold it for $575 million, he has made a massive profit. Essentially what I think he intends to do with us, though here he has put in even less money.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1080: Dec 05, 2009 09:51:48 am
      It's possible that he actually came away with very little.

He's cleared $300m Rep'.

I don't know why but i've a sneaky feeling this 'windfall' could see the beginning of the end of the Hicks-Gillett partnership. I've a notion that the wee turd will use the money (without even having to spend) to exert pressure on Hicks' position and maybe, just maybe, pave the way for additional investment from elsewhere. Here's hoping.  ;)

Quick Reply