Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hicks & Gillett

Read 228114 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: Hicks & Gillett
      Reply #1127: Jan 12, 2010 01:54:02 am
      The 2 Yank liars need to get the f**k out...
      Those dick heads do not any love or passion for LFC nor football. They are business people that acquired LFC using debt. Still unbelievable to me how this happened. This is a nightmare...
      I cannot stand those men. What happened to our beloved LFC... Please help...

I am based in Dallas where the Texas Rangers play. Stadium is always full because the local fans in Dallas have a strong tradition for baseball... yet the Rangers suck. They really do. They have one of the lowest payroll in the nation yet they have top revenue. The same is happening unfortunately in Liverpool...
      Mate I applaud your'e support, but at Liverpool football club the tradional priorities,are fans ,team and manager,and we usually support each other to achieve our objectives.In the past,Owners were satisfied enough to take a back seat in the PR surrounding the club.We now have 2 individuals,on ego trips without substance,who are using this club for their own advantage,at the cost of the club.So I want them out as soon as possible,but also I want my club in responsible and respectful ownership
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1128: Jan 12, 2010 02:01:37 am
      well Hicks has promised a big summer!!!!

Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #1129: Jan 12, 2010 03:38:45 am
      we all know what a Hicks promise is worth... diddly squat
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1130: Jan 12, 2010 05:05:09 am
      What's with all the hatred on this thread?

We all know it's Rafa's fault everythings fu**ed up. :f_whistle:
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #1131: Jan 12, 2010 06:00:16 am
      ;D @ Ayrton xo
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #1133: Jan 13, 2010 09:06:39 am
      It's nice to hear positive things in the media. Purslow is at least being positive about the future and has made a statement to the media that we are NOT a selling club. This has reassured me a bit and has made me a little more positive about the future in the transfer market. Let's hope that these 'investors' he talks of are here as soon as possible and are able to provide us with the money required to take us to the next level. Here's to hoping!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1134: Jan 13, 2010 07:15:03 pm
      It's nice to hear positive things in the media. Purslow is at least being positive about the future and has made a statement to the media that we are NOT a selling club. This has reassured me a bit and has made me a little more positive about the future in the transfer market. Let's hope that these 'investors' he talks of are here as soon as possible and are able to provide us with the money required to take us to the next level. Here's to hoping!
      Hope Purslow is right but with the other two yanks, we have heard the lies so many times before
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1135: Jan 13, 2010 07:21:50 pm

Hicks:  "..... You like that George you little b***ard don't you...eh...you little bi*ch, now its your turn to twist my nipple"
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #1136: Jan 13, 2010 10:43:54 pm
      Can take all the blame.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2010 10:44:14 pm by Reslivo »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1137: Jan 13, 2010 10:49:31 pm
      Bollocks the performance was down to the players and the managers tactics nothing to do with the Yanks. Shankley would turn in the grave, the team every man did not try tonight. They had time to turn things around but didn't have the passion
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1138: Jan 13, 2010 10:57:43 pm
      A big Summer Hicks I hope in that you mean spending about Ā£100 million because the whole team needs a revamp.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1139: Jan 13, 2010 11:07:06 pm
      Say what you like about the Yanks, but they weren't out there on the pitch. They are pricks and need to invest, but that team out there on paper should of blown Reading away. But no commitment and no passion whatsoever.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1140: Jan 14, 2010 10:00:56 am
      Has Gillett decided against selling up and doing one then?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1141: Jan 14, 2010 02:23:30 pm
      A big Summer Hicks I hope in that you mean spending about Ā£100 million because the whole team needs a revamp.

Hicks:  "..... and then I said we'd spend in the summer."
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1142: Jan 14, 2010 06:10:25 pm
      We will see what they are like now, we need a striker now not in the Summer, no Champions League next season if they don't provide the funds.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #1143: Jan 14, 2010 06:24:13 pm
      Where's the 300 million he got last month from selling another club he ruined? Not even a dime into our club.

That says it all.... we need a striker... NOW!!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1144: Jan 14, 2010 06:44:25 pm

Hicks:  "..... and then I said we'd spend in the summer."

^^^^ something that has the potential to make you laugh and cry at the same time.  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1145: Jan 14, 2010 10:34:00 pm
      http://www.montrealgazette.com/Life/Molson+brothers+Habs+500M/1717280/story.html

Anyone like to read this.

(Ive posted it also in the Nando asks for money thread)

Seven months ago.... Gillett gets 500 million ! big U.S. green ones.

Thats US$ 500,000,000

Thats GB Pounds 300,000,000.

Thats ā‚¬ Euros 345,000,000.

"On several occasions, he had denied that the Canadiens were for sale and said that he was merely reviewing his assets as part of an estate-planning exercise".

( Cayman Islands Georgy?

He even lied about selling while the negotiations were going on. Gillett doesnt know how to tell the truth!)

"Gillett bought the team for $275 million in 2001, but his stake in the team and the Bell Centre is highly leveraged and he needs cash to pay down debt taken on when he and Texas billionaire Tom Hicks bought the Liverpool FC soccer team".

We can have Babels money they've said. All 9 million GB Pounds of it.
      Thats 10 million Euros  Thats just under 15 million US Dollars

5 % f**king percent of Georgy's proceeds
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #1146: Jan 14, 2010 10:39:04 pm
      EURORED:- Please email it to ESPN if you are from the USA.

Let the media pick it up as another attempt to ruin a club, following the same method used by his partner, Hicks on another club(Corinthians in Brazil).

This is how these two c*nt-artist make their fortunes. Spread the words my friend, spread it out across the states.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1147: Jan 14, 2010 11:31:21 pm
      They bought this club in February 2007 I think.

They have managed o try to fcuk it up in 3 years! This is like what Hicks and his group did to Corinthians of Brazil. Left that club in tatters they finally got relegated.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1148: Jan 15, 2010 01:55:06 am
      EURORED:- Please email it to ESPN if you are from the USA.

Let the media pick it up as another attempt to ruin a club, following the same method used by his partner, Hicks on another club(Corinthians in Brazil).

This is how these two c*nt-artist make their fortunes. Spread the words my friend, spread it out across the states.

Im putting the comparison about.
      Not in the USA. In France. Thats why its says EURO Red. ;D

Corinthians like us had an impressive history.
      A carcass now.

Hicks the vulture cleaned the bones.

I said                   had.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1149: Jan 16, 2010 07:59:35 am
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/6998385/Manchester-United-fans-unite-to-devise-plan-to-force-Glazers-out.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/6990108/Jim-White-Manchester-Uniteds-debt-as-red-as-their-famous-shirts.html

A couple of reads what is happening at the Old Toilet.
      I would never enter anything about the Scum unless it was important to us.
      Read and weep for what is about to become for us.

Extract From Article:

The Glazer family can pride themselves on one thing: figures released this week show they have presided over the most remarkable piece of reverse alchemy ever witnessed in football circles.

The annual accounts reveal that United are these days turning over more money than ever has been recorded in the English game, cash is spinning in through every turnstile, on match days the Warwick Road is knee deep in notes.

Yet somehow, despite all this income, the Glazers managed to steer the club into the position where only the sale of their best player last season prevented the bottom line looking redder than the teamā€™s home shirt.

Like United, Liverpool are as weighed down by imported borrowings as they are by imported substandard players.

Apologists for the Glazers would doubtless argue that four full seasons in control of United have produced an abundance of playing success.
      One European Cup, three titles, two League Cups and a World Cup Championship have been popped in the trophy room since they took control.

But the Florida family have contributed nothing to this.

They are often called investors, but not a penny has come from their pockets to bolster the team.

As the accounts make clear, family members extracted money from the club, borrowing Ā£20million in loans and ā€œconsultancy feesā€.

Just like the American owners of Liverpool, for them the financial flow is pretty much all one way.

The consequences of such ownership have become almost comical. In a desperate bid to bring down costs, former players who host pricey hospitality packages at Old Trafford have been told to buy their own meals.

At the clubā€™s soon to be for sale training complex, the ground staff have had their privilege of free toast with their morning coffee withdrawn.
      Almost every crumb, it seems, has to be shovelled int the gaping maw of debt.
      With the scramble to pay off loans nobody wanted and the club never needed, so the culture is changing at Old Trafford.

The surprisingly friendly, family atmosphere that has long held sway behind the scenes is in jeopardy. As for the fans, well the owners have indicated precisely how they feel about their loyal support.

In the prospectus for the bond issue designed to re-scale the debt mountain, there is much boasting about their ability to impose above-inflation ticket price rises, thus casually insulting the hand that feeds.

Whatever the shocking detail of the Glazersā€™ stewardship, United are not about to go under.

Indeed it is possible to envisage a conclusion to this period of corrosive debt in which the place is sold on to a new owner for more than the Americans paid for it.

What a bitter turnaround that would be: the Glazers walking away with a profit. Though as it happens, most United fans would swallow such an injustice to see the club rid at the earliest opportunity of their stewardship.

So long, that is, as the family were made to pay for their tickets in the unlikely event of them ever coming back to Old Trafford.

END.

(P.S. Wheres that money George.?)

Quick Reply